• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Blablurn

Infinite Justice said:
Just continue playing the game by doing some extra ops. Every time you do they will talk some stuff, keep doing them until Miller tells you about Zadornov and adds a new mission. That mission starts chapter 5

thank you, sir :)

The fuck am I supposed to do on the custom vehicles? I just fought the LAV in Ex Ops 73, and I ran out of ammo for all three of my weapons before I could get the driver out, even after using all my supply markers. I've tried eliminating all the soldiers first and remaining hidden, but it's so mindnumbingly tedious and repetitive that I inevitably end up making a mistake out of boredom after about the 6th or 7th wave.

sturmdogg

AgentOtaku said:
So yeah, how do you exactly capture vehicles?

You take out the guards, hit the vehicle some, take out some more guards, then when the captain pokes his head out you shoot / tranq him.

Important: Do NOT destroy the vehicle.

sturmdogg said:
You take out the guards, hit the vehicle some, take out some more guards, then when the captain pokes his head out you shoot / tranq him.

Ah, thanks!

Been playing for about 3 hours now. Just took out the Tank, great game so far :D I still hate the controls, i use the shooter type. But it has so much good stuff that i can live with the controls.

The base building and R&D gives me some nostalgic X-com vibes!

sturmdogg said:

do I have to take out the guard silently?

Callibretto said:

No, if you cause an alert then kill all the guards then the captain will come out after you do a certain amount of damage to the tank. Then you can take him out and take the tank.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
No, if you cause an alert then kill all the guards then the captain will come out after you do a certain amount of damage to the tank. Then you can take him out and take the tank.

which is what I've done. Captured the 1st APC and Tank :D

Callibretto said:

I f you want to S the mission yes, you will have to take them out silently which, with some missiones is almost impossible if you dont have more fulton equipment like mines. The thing is, taking them the stealth way will net you to equip sneaking suit, and tranqs guns, so, if you make a mistake, you will need to restart the mission because you dont have the firepower to damage the tank.

Some vehicles are really hard, the easiest vehicle battles to S, are the one which the soldiers come from the back of the vehicle (LAV G (custom) I think), you can put a mine right behind and fulton all 4 at the same time, or wait them to walk and hol up them and fulton away one by one. You will see the pattern they do to deploy soldiers, they always do it at the same spot, Juts lay quickly the trap and stay low and you will be fine.

After finishing the game for real, I really want to see a remake of MG1/2 now. I just find it hard to believe that Kojima's reinterpretation of Big Boss since MGS3 could end up being such a bad dude.
I think what Pacifica said at the end was pretty revealing. Big Boss was going to be used and discarded just like the Boss. I always felt that the Boss' desmise was foreshadowing of what was going to happen to Big Boss. He wouldn't necessarily be evil, but thats how he'd be remembered in history.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
I just finished Chapter 4

... I liked the end-after credits ending. Man I really wish this game would've better went into MGS future.

So basically Big Boss' motivation for the events of Metal Gear 1 are:
He's pissed that The Boss gave up on fighting him and the government(s), so now Big Boss feels betrayed and he's going to keep on fighting... and for what? I don't get his motivations for Metal Gear 1 and beyond that really.
I also don't remember what he says in MGS4 at the end credits there, does ANY of that make you think that its the same character as the one in this game or that any of it ties together?

Adam Prime said:
I just finished Chapter 4

... I liked the end-after credits ending. Man I really wish this game would've better went into MGS future.

So basically Big Boss' motivation for the events of Metal Gear 1 are:
He's pissed that The Boss gave up on fighting him and the government(s), so now Big Boss feels betrayed and he's going to keep on fighting... and for what? I don't get his motivations for Metal Gear 1 and beyond that really.
I also don't remember what he says in MGS4 at the end credits there, does ANY of that make you think that its the same character as the one in this game or that any of it ties together?

Finish Chapter 5

Chairhome said:
So, can you use Vocaloid without connecting to PSN? I'm on CFW :-/

no, you have to go online to use it (and be a master with that stuff because I never could get it to says something properly :lol )

Ataturk

Apologies if this has already been answered but has anyone encountered an issue where the codec conversations keep cutting out midway, meaning you have to skip past them? It's slightly annoying as I don't wanna miss out on the story.

Ataturk said:
Apologies if this has already been answered but has anyone encountered an issue where the codec conversations keep cutting out midway, meaning you have to skip past them? It's slightly annoying as I don't wanna miss out on the story.

umm sorry but I didnt have that problem... maybe your psp have a sticky button an press itself (X or O? dont remember which one stops the conversations...)

spoilers on secret data files:
I heard on the patriotcast podcast that there was a tape recording of either Ocelot or Zero that you can unlock. Any details on it? How to unlock it?

Ridley327

infinityBCRT said:
spoilers on secret data files:
I heard on the patriotcast podcast that there was a tape recording of either Ocelot or Zero that you can unlock. Any details on it? How to unlock it?
This is unlocked when you complete every mission in the game, in addition to the swim trunks and bikini.

Ridley327 said:
This is unlocked when you complete every mission in the game, in addition to the swim trunks and bikini.
Just listened to it. Dang. I think I was kinda leaning in the direction of
Kaz being an agent of the Patriots considering he ended up being the catalyst to create Outer Heaven (by lying about Paz and being enthusiastic about MSF) and Big Boss just ran with it from then on. Also, Kaz mysteriously ends up being the mentor of Solid Snake; he was the one to take Solid Snake under his wing in the absence of his real parents. Solid Snake really was groomed to be another Big Boss, thats why it makes sense that theres so much serendipity in terms of the people he ends up running across. The Patriots did that on purpose because they wanted him to experience the same things Big Boss experienced. They wanted him to be Big Boss, except he would listen to the Patriots' will and not fight for himself and his own ideals.

heringer

Very nice ending. The chapter 5 ending, I mean. So, I guess we will kill Kaz with Raiden in Metal Gear Rising, huh? :lol

Chapter 5 ending really made me want real time cutscenes for the whole game. Snake just looks awesome.

Man, I loved this game. I want more Metal Gear. :(

heringer

Hmm, now I don't remember if Liquid just took Miller's place... so he was already found dead in 99? The credits say that he was found dead in 2005...I'm confused, so many things to remember. :lol

Ridley327

heringer said:
Hmm, now I don't remember if Liquid just took Miller's place... so he was already found dead in 99? The credits say that he was found dead in 2005...I'm confused, so many things to remember. :lol
MGS1 took place in 2005; it doesn't contradict anything beyond the weird first name switch.

heringer

Ridley327 said:
MGS1 took place in 2005; it doesn't contradict anything beyond the weird first name switch.
Hmmm, alright! I don't know why but I was sure that MGS1 took place in 99. I'll have to play that again. :lol

heringer said:

MGS 1 happened in 2005 where Liquid killed him days before the incident and took his identity

heringer said:
Hmmm, alright! I don't know why but I was sure that MGS1 took place in 99. I'll have to play that again. :lol
I think you're confusing the release date and the in-game date.

heringer said:
Man, I loved this game. I want more Metal Gear. :(
Konami has said their plan is to alternate between a Kojima Metal Gear and a Metal Gear Solid Rising. If thats the case, then we'll only have to wait 1.5 or 2 years between games instead of 3 or 4.

Salaadin

infinityBCRT said:
Konami has said their plan is to alternate between a Kojima Metal Gear and a Metal Gear Solid Rising. If thats the case, then we'll only have to wait 1.5 or 2 years between games instead of 3 or 4.

Very very excite!

Ridley327

heringer said:
The timeline for the Metal Gear series has been about the only thing that hasn't had too many major retcons. :lol It goes like this:
MGS3-1964
MGS:pO-1970
MGS:pW-1974
MG1-1995
MG2:SS-1999
MGS1-2005
MGS2(Tanker chapter)-2007
MGS2(Plant chapter)-2009
MGS4-2014

At this point, people are guessing that Rising is going to place between 2009 and 2014 because it seems logical that it would center on Raiden rescuing Sonny, but for all we know, it's a giant VR simulation.

heringer

infinityBCRT said:
I think you're confusing the release date and the in-game date.
Yup, now I realise that. :p

infinityBCRT said:
I'm hoping for a new game for 3DS next year. I just hope it's not a port. I would love a remake of the first two games... never got to play those.

Ridley327

I fully expect MGS3D to be a port with all of MGS4/MGS:pW's gameplay tweaks and additions, some retcons so that the game fits better with MGS4's plot and an Extra Ops mode. Kojima seems to be really keen on the overal game design for PW (going by his most recent interview), so I fully expect that to show up in some form.

Just...take it easy on the goddamn mech missions! :lol :lol :lol

heringer

Ridley327 said:
I fully expect MGS3D to be a port with all of MGS4/MGS:pW's gameplay tweaks and additions, some retcons so that the game fits better with MGS4's plot and an Extra Ops mode. Kojima seems to be really keen on the overal game design for PW (going by his most recent interview), so I fully expect that to show up in some form.

I hope you're wrong. :(

Ridley327

Look on the bright side: with all the tweaks they'd need to do, MGS3D will actually play completely different from the original. It'd be like a whole new game! :lol

heringer

Ridley327 said:
Look on the bright side: with all the tweaks they'd need to do, MGS3D will actually play completely different from the original. It'd be like a whole new game! :lol
Oh, it would be great... but when I finish a MGS game it's not exactly the gameplay that makes me craving for more (even though the gameplay is awesome). :D

Ridley327

At the very least, Kojima has to find a way to make it so that Para-medic eventually becomes a mad scientist since there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that this could actually happen. Right now, she's just a nerdy movie buff who happened to lay the groundwork for the codec to be developed. Sigint wouldn't be that much of a stretch, but he could use some more fleshing out, as well.

He should also do us all a favor and retcon Volgin's "obviously intentional" firing of the Davy Crockett.

heringer

Ridley327 said:
At the very least, Kojima has to find a way to make it so that Para-medic eventually becomes a mad scientist since there is absolutely no indication whatsoever that this could actually happen. Right now, she's just a nerdy movie buff who happened to lay the groundwork for the codec to be developed. Sigint wouldn't be that much of a stretch, but he could use some more fleshing out, as well.

He should also do us all a favor and retcon Volgin's "obviously intentional" firing of the Davy Crockett.
Guess you're right about that. Though I don't think he would be able to change Para-medic and Sigil too much. I mean, if he didn't with Portable Ops and Peace Walker...

But hey, if
Paz can turn into a psycho little bitch, so can Para-medic. :lol

Ridley327 said:

... A final tape?!

(watches youtube)

whuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut

dayumn

Bless you, Kojipro. Even MGS4 didn't get this attention to detail.

Ridley327 said:

As I mentioned in the Naked Sample thread, MGS3D is not a confirmed game according to the last Kojima Productions Report. It was a demo just to show what they could do on the 3DS. They could end up releasing an entirely different game on there if at all.

Mael

Well I just got that game partly because the demo was awesome but mostly because of the GAME pack here in europe (I mean game + strap(and not the cheapo one) + protection case + lil psp bag + cloth + artwork? come the fuck on!)

Well I can gladly say this is the best MGS game I've played till now, enjoyable with a good bit of story taken from the one with the great H with little to no BS!
I'm surprised, especially after MGS2 and 3 (didn't bother with 4) left such a sour taste with me...

Yen

So I'm about 8 missions into Main Ops and could someone explain what the point of the tanks is? I've collected a military van and have a tank half way fixed.

lopes16

Neo Member
Yenrot said:
So I'm about 8 missions into Main Ops and could someone explain what the point of the tanks is? I've collected a military van and have a tank half way fixed.
Later in the game you will be able to use them in outer ops missions.

Top Bottom