• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Am i missing something? How the hell am i supposed to the later tank and copter bosses non lethally when i only have so many sleep fultons and regular fultons. You cant just leave them there or they wake up. What gives? I dont want to kill them :(

Dave1988

Onion_Relish said:
Am i missing something? How the hell am i supposed to the later tank and copter bosses non lethally when i only have so many sleep fultons and regular fultons. You cant just leave them there or they wake up. What gives? I dont want to kill them :(

You'll get a Fulton Rocket Launcher much later on in the game. It will allow you to S rank those missions.

Ridley327

The Infinity Bandana is a great tool for those fights if you find yourself needing more ammo than you can carry around and you're getting shot at too much to safely use a supply drop; it's also not too terribly hard to obtain (S-rank the Peace Walker Custom ExOp). It also doesn't prevent you from getting S-ranks like the Stealth does.

Oh, and try not to have too much fun getting the CG Fulton; that mission should have been red skulls.

lopes16

Neo Member
Yenrot said:
I don't know what outer ops is.
Its a icon that currently doesnt apear in left up corner of the center menu (the one that displays team, weapons, etc) that will let you send soldiers and vehicles to missions outside msf.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Onion_Relish said:

MK22, Senor Carl of Gustav with special appearance by Fulton Ammo, Fulton Sleep Mines.

Chairhome

Onion_Relish said:
If I remember correctly, killing the tank/copter with people inside does not count as a kill. For the copter, I fultoned the first three out of 4 guards then I kept tranq-ing the last one. As long as he's alive/there, more guards won't appear, and you can take out the copter. But you have to keep him knocked out.

TheSeks

I unlocked the railgun plans.

But where do I get a metaphysical (stealth mat/camo skill required) dude? And the skill required for the railgun.

Man level 88 for the bandanna is going to take me a while. :/

Ridley327

ExOp 49 (second to last Perfect Stealth mission) has a POW with the Metamaterials skill; the other two POWs have unique R&D skills, as well.

tzare

anyone has a clue were to find a exOP mission guide, because i have many of them missing and i keep repeating some of them but nothing changes XD

oracrest

I finally "beat" the main game. Pretty fun.

Now for all the extra stuff!

The
Rathalos and Tigrex are fun too, I finally unlocked those

lopes16

Neo Member
tzare said:
anyone has a clue were to find a exOP mission guide, because i have many of them missing and i keep repeating some of them but nothing changes XD
Here's the list:

After beating
Peace Walker Battle 3
, this is the order you unlock the remaining Extra Ops:

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 14 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 22 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 67 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 103 for the next Extra Op (below)

Play Main Op Zadornov Search 1 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 32 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 15 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 8 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 56 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 90 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 76 for the next Extra Op (below)

Play Main Op Zadornov Search 2 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 42 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 19 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 95 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 39 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 35 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 106 for the next Extra Op (below)

Play Main Op Zadornov Search 3 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 112 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 16 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 33 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 71 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 21 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 93 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 86 for the next Extra Op (below)

Play Main Op Zadornov Search 4 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 63 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 74 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 57 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 59 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 84 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 40 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 82 for the next Extra Op (below)

Play Main Op Zadornov Search 5 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 60 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 78 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 36 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 108 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 34 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 99 for the next Extra Op (below)

Play Main Op Zadornov Search 6 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 116 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 17 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 101 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 110 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 43 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 97 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 118 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 23 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 24 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 105 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 25 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 70 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 26 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 27 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 94 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 44 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 41 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 77 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 20 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 89 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 55 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 79 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 9 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 66 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 73 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 107 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 58 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 61 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 92 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 62 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 100 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 64 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 65 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 87 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 111 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 45 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 46 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 102 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 47 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 48 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 91 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 49 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 75 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 50 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 83 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 37 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 98 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 104 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 72 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 85 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 109 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 96 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 81 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 113 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 115 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 117 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 119 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 68 for the next Extra Op (below)

Unlock and Clear Extra Op 120 for the next Extra Op (below)

StuBurns

Banned
Played maybe an hour, it's alright, after the perfection of MGS4's controls, I'd say this is almost torturous, the refinements made to the gameplay is all awesome, if I could control it with a normal gamepad, I think it'd be the best playing game in the series, but my thumb is destroyed from this tiny bit of gameplay, I really doubt I'll finish it, maybe if I get a Go and can use the DS3 at some point.

Ridley327

tzare said:
Why, I have such a thing for you! This path assumes you're starting out just after you beat Peace Walker for the last time.

EXO 14 > 22 > 67 > 103 >
Zadornov search
> 32 > 15 > 8 > 56 > 90 > 76 >
Zadornov search
> 42 > 19 > 95 > 39 > 35 > 106 >
Zadornov search
> 112 > 16 > 33 > 71 > 21 > 93 > 86 >
Zadornov search
> 63 > 74 > 57 > 59 > 84 > 40 > 82 >
Zadornov search
> 60 > 78 > 36 > 108 > 34 > 99 >
Zadornov search
> 116 > 17 > 101 > 110 > 43 > 97 > 118 > 23 > 24 > 105 > 25 > 70 > 26 > 27 > 94 > 44 > 41 > 77 > 20 > 89 > 55 > 79 > 9 > 66 > 73 > 107 > 58 > 61 > 92 > 62 > 100 > 64 > 65 > 87 > 111 > 45 > 46 > 102 > 47 > 48 > 91 > 49 > 75 > 50 > 83 > 37 > 98 > 104 > 72 > 85 > 109 > 96 > 81 > 113 > 115 > 117 > 119 > 68 > 120

tzare

thanks a lot, both lopes16 and Ridley327 so i see what i was missing now :)

The game' is awesome, maybe a few different stages of exOP would be icing on the cake

Yen

Just started Chapter 2,
going to meet Dr Stranglelove
. This game is great, pretty much everything is perfect. The aformentioned level is very hard.

soldat7

StuBurns said:
Played maybe an hour, it's alright, after the perfection of MGS4's controls, I'd say this is almost torturous, the refinements made to the gameplay is all awesome, if I could control it with a normal gamepad, I think it'd be the best playing game in the series, but my thumb is destroyed from this tiny bit of gameplay, I really doubt I'll finish it, maybe if I get a Go and can use the DS3 at some point.

I had the same problems but eventually eased into it. For a third-person PSP game, these controls are doable.

leng jai

So I'm seriously considering getting a PSP Go right now (especially with the 10 free games) so I can use the DS3 for Peace Walker. I've played about 4 hours on my PSP 3000 and I just can't stomach these controls even though the actual game is fantastic. Just have a few questions:

1) How do the controls work? The same as MGS4?

2) If I use the DS3 can I still play from the PSP screen or do I have to use the TV out?

StuBurns

Banned
soldat7 said:
I had the same problems but eventually eased into it. For a third-person PSP game, these controls are doable.
I hope you're right, I'm certainly not writing it off or anything, other than that I love it. I'm just sort of frustrated because I do think it could be on the dpad, the reasoning is seemingly because they are digital inputs so walking/running would need a button toggle, but I really think it would have been worth remapping some other stuff to get that working.

Graphics Horse said:
I just stealth captured a helicopter with 36 guards, even though I was forced to kill the last 4 guards with a rocket launcher.

I normally just kill all the guards, then attack the fuck outa the boss till the commander pops out then I Mk 22 them.

On the PatriotCast podcast (only fan MGS podcast I know of) those guys were saying that the various incarnations of the Snakes look totally different (specifically mentioning how Solid and Big Boss should look like a mirror image in 4), so I decided to put together a pic of various Snakes from various different games:

thesnakes.jpg

Row 1: Big Boss (MGS3), Big Boss (MGSPW), Solidus Snake (MGS2), Big Boss (MGS4)
Row 2: Solid Snake (MGS2), Young Solid Snake (MGS4), Solid Snake (MGS4)
Row 3: Liquid Snake (MGS)

Solid Snake from MGS1 (twin snakes) pretty much looks the same as MGS2 so I didn't include that pic.

Its amazing how much hair style, facial hair and hair color make these characters look different when you aren't lookin at them side by side. All of the post-MGS2 Snakes are pretty much identical.

infinityBCRT said:

Facial recognition is a weird thing. Using that pic I can directly compare the creases and bone structure of Big Boss from PW and Big Boss from MGS4, I can note all the similarities, yet I still can't look at that MGS4 Big Boss and see a "Snake". Same with MGS2 Solidus. They just don't look like Solid or Naked at all to me, even comparing them to models from the same game. 9 years ago playing MGS2, I remember looking at Solidus and thinking "how is this guy a clone"?

And MGS4 Solid Snake's features look so much "sharper" than MGS4 Big Boss... not just there, I noticed it in-game.

I have to say I don't think the story is very good in this, and the mission structure doesn't help matters either.

Similar to Portable Ops, and to a lesser extent MGS4 with it's Nomad briefings, the structure hurts the pacing of an already pretty dull story.

There's is a great game in between the "what, I have to grind, is this MGS or an rpg?" "boss" battles and the uninteresting story inhabited with it's equally dull characters.

Victarion

Ending question:

Just how many endings does the game have? I've seen the second ending (Paz/ZEKE) but is there another ending too? if so what's the requirement for it?

Manticore said:
Ending question:

Just how many endings does the game have? I've seen the second ending (Paz/ZEKE) but is there another ending too? if so what's the requirement for it?
Theres a phone call briefing tape, its mentioned a few pages back whats needed to do to unlock it. I think you basically need to finish every op.

So Kojima is talking about the sequel to Peace Walker already: http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3180278

It's always a bit of an enigma, what Hideo Kojima has up his sleeve next. We know that he'd like to make something new, and that it might be a PS3 exclusive, but otherwise? Your guess is as good as mine, really -- we do know he's a busy man, though, what with his involvement in Castlevania: Lords of Shadow, Metal Gear Solid Rising, and the Nintendo 3DS game shown off at E3, to say nothing of whatever hasn't been announced yet.
Luckily, Kojima gave a longform interview to Hirokazu Hamamura of Famitsu magazine in this week's issue where he gave updates on pretty much everything he's working on. Here are the highlights:

- As Konami creative producer Shigenobu Matsuyama discussed elsewhere, Kojima isn't directly involved with development on Rising. "I'm serving as executive producer and leaving the game to the younger staff -- although they really aren't that young," he said. "Do you remember the technical research outfit we used to have in Kobe? Matsuyama, the producer on Rising, joined the company around the time I moved to that studio in 1991. He sat in the cube next to mine, though he wound up moving to the arcade division later. Mineshi [director Mineshi Kimura], meanwhile, joined on during the second half of the original Metal Gear Solid project and worked on that for me."

Kojima is so hands-off with Rising, in fact, that he isn't ordering the staff to give it any of the sort of messages he usually throws into MGS titles. "We developed technology for Rising that lets you slice through practically anything, so for the designers, it's a question of how to serve up that technology to gamers," he commented. "It's the sort of game that's popular over in the West right now. I'm not preoccupied with it having the sort of messages I put into MGS games."

- How is Kojima's involvement with the Castlevania project proceeding? "People from Kojima Productions have traveled to Spain several times to offer technical advice" to development studio MercurySteam, he said. "We're more removed from that project than with Rising. I'm involved with Castlevania not as a director, but as an executive manager -- which I am for Konami, after all. There was a motion within the company to put Castlevania in this direction, the president gave the OK for it, and that's how it happened."

When describing his Castlevania duties, Kojima brought up his Capcom colleague Keiji Inafune, who's similarly working with an overseas staff to produce Dead Rising 2 at the moment. "Given that this is an overseas developer, I am keeping a close eye on things," he noted. "I don't know how Inafune does it, but my basic stance is to give whatever advice I can, but leave the final decision-making up to Dave [producer Dave Cox] and MercurySteam. I want them to enjoy their work."

- How did the MGS3-inspired "NAKED Sample" 3DS demo at E3 come to fruition? "It was a top-secret project -- I had a non-disclosure agreement signed with Nintendo, so I couldn't even tell you [Hamamura] about it," Kojima revealed. "The demo was produced by the Peace Walker team, but outside of the group that developed it, nobody at Kojima Productions even knew about it. I got that group together and said 'Okay, we have to build this thing for E3' -- they work on a different floor from the rest of the studio, so most people thought they were on vacation after shipping off Peace Walker, I suppose."

Overall, Kojima was pleased with the response the demo received at the press event and on the show floor, but he did have some reservations. "The thing is that it's hard to get a lot of feedback from players, because only so many of them could physically play the title at the event," he said. "I was hoping to shape our future direction for the game based on more of their opinions. Also, the maps and character models were all remade with a higher polygon count than before. The models are about the same quality as what we made for the PlayStation 3, but you really can't tell within the game. We could've made it look better if we had a little more time."

- Now that E3 is over, where is the 3DS MGS project headed? "I did handle direction work on the E3 demo, but where I go from here hasn't been decided yet," Kojima said. "For now, what we wanted to do was advertise the fact that we are producing a 3DS game in the MGS franchise. Largely it was just a demonstration of what we're capable of with the 3DS. For a full-size game, just having things pop out at the player all the time will get old fast, so I think the emphasis will be on visual depth instead. We haven't settled on the details yet, but I'd like to get CO-OPS and some of the other things we did in Peace Walker into this game as well. We can't change MGS3's story, but we are thinking about CO-OPS and other things we can use the 3D technology for."

- So when'll it come out? "Nothing's been decided at all yet. I don't think we'll be able to make it a launch title, but if we don't at least stick close to launch, we'll lose a lot of product value." So within a year or so of launch, then? "Yeah, I think we need to get it out by then. That's why I want to get more people to try it out. Showing a trailer really just isn't enough -- it'd be nice if Nintendo organizes some kind of public demo event."

- Moving on to future projects, Hamamura brought up that Kojima has been pretty freely talking about his next big thing throughout the past few months. It'd appear that the director is starting to rethink his gameplan, though. "The project plan is pretty much set in stone, but there's been some shaking up since," he commented. "Once I got back from E3, I started changing my mind about things -- I can't really explain why, but I wanted to do something different from what I was originally considering. Either way, the next game's going to be a console release, so don't worry about that!"

What's the issue at hand? "I only have two choices for what to make: MGS5, or an original game," Kojima said. "As for ZOE and the rest, I'm sorry, but that kind of got pushed to the back burner. It's not that I'm at a loss for what to do -- it'll definitely be a console game, and it'll be the sort of big-budget project where I'm dead if we screw it up. No matter which way we go, we've got the engine all set for it; the technical side is going along smoothly."

It's a serious project for Kojima, and he'll apparently take whatever time he's allowed for it. "We're going slowly and carefully with my console game, but at the same time, we don't have three years to give to the project," he said. "Japanese companies spend that sort of time on projects, but you don't see that with overseas studios. They just put out an Assassin's Creed game, but they already announced another one at E3, right? I really don't see any way we can spend more than two years or so on this."

- So we can expect to see it by the end of 2011 at the earliest, perhaps? "Once I start moving, I'm pretty fast." Hmm.

- Although he spent little time talking about it otherwise, Kojima wrapped up the interview by mentioning a "follow-up" to Peace Walker that's in the works. "The follow-up to Peace Walker is really something," he said. "It's a revolution, game system-wise. We're able to do what we couldn't do with Peace Walker." Like what? "You'll find out."

oracrest

last night, I was trying out some multiplayer, and I noticed a couple missions
"date with Paz" and another one

anyways, after the co-op mission, those missions aren't anywhere to be seen again. Is there something special you have to do?

Ridley327

That interview reads like the one that was posted earlier in the week, but it seems to be a lot more specific that MGS3D is going to end up being MGS3+a whole new mess of Extra Ops to play around with. Since Kojima doesn't really need to be too hands on with it, that'll free him up for his next project, be it MGS5 or the "taboo breaking" concept.

Really curious to see what he's on about with PW's immediate follow-up, though.

Oni Jazar

Kojima on 3DS Naked Snake said:
Also, the maps and character models were all remade with a higher polygon count than before. The models are about the same quality as what we made for the PlayStation 3, but you really can't tell within the game. We could've made it look better if we had a little more time."

What the what?

Spiegel

Oni Jazar said:
What the what?

It's a tech demo.

The cutscene model for Paz is made from >11k polygons in MGS: PW. That's probably not far off from Old Snake's polygonal count in MGS4. And this was on a 6 year old hardware.

What about a Big Boss/Solid Snake/Gray Fox/Kaz Miller co-op game? Seems like Kojima is really into this co-op thing right now.

I'm still not sure if he actually confirmed MGS3D as an actual game. As KP Report said, they aren't really sure what it will turn into yet.

I'm glad that hes confirmed he is working on a console game and seems like the next one could be MGS5 (sorry PW :( ).

Ridley327

Spiegel said:
It's a tech demo.

The cutscene model for Paz is made from >11k polygons in MGS: PW. That's probably not far off from Old Snake's polygonal count in MGS4. And this was on a 6 year old hardware.

Of course, Paz looking like the epitome of MOE~™ would leave you to believe otherwise. :lol

Seriously though, KojiPro's character modelling has always been one of their biggest strengths, so it's no surprise that they could do such great work for the MGS3D tech demo in such a short time span.

infinityBCRT said:
What about a Big Boss/Solid Snake/Gray Fox co-op game? Seems like Kojima is really into this co-op thing right now.

I'm still not sure if he actually confirmed MGS3D as an actual game. As KP Report said, they aren't really sure what it will turn into yet.

I'm glad that hes confirmed he is working on a console game and seems like the next one could be MGS5 (sorry PW :( ).

Well, he was rather specific in mentioning that the demo was to serve as the announcement for the franchise making its way to the system. The comments about "not being able to change much of MGS3's story" doesn't really paint any other picture, either.

Ridley327 said:
Of course, Paz looking like the epitome of MOE~™ would leave you to believe otherwise. :lol

Seriously though, KojiPro's character modelling has always been one of their biggest strengths, so it's no surprise that they could do such great work for the MGS3D tech demo in such a short time span.
Yeah. I posted this shot of MGS3 running in emulation in the PCSX2 thread. It still looks damn good. They could release this game as is without touching any of the assets on PS3/360 and it wouldn't look out of place.

pcsx22010-07-0722-54-09-55.jpg

I think they had the perfect balance between level size and detail in the level in MGS3. They went semi-open world with MGS4 but I think the graphics suffered a little because of that. I don't think MGS4's environments look leaps and bounds better than MGS3 other than having better lighting.

Ridley327

I know that they also had to work some voodoo magic for the first trailer for MGS2 (the one that had sent out to Hollywood production companies) and even then they had already done some crazy good work for a console that wasn't set to come out for over a year.

That first Raiden model was really rough, though. :lol

Ridley327 said:
I know that they also had to work some voodoo magic for the first trailer for MGS2 (the one that had sent out to Hollywood production companies) and even then they had already done some crazy good work for a console that wasn't set to come out for over a year.

That first Raiden model was really rough, though. :lol
Which Raiden model? Before the game shipped did they even show him? I believe the earliest in development model of Raiden they showed was actually made for the PSX version of MGS2 which was all in an anime style.

The original Big Boss MGS3 face model actually didn't look that great either (you can still see it in the original Snake Eater intro).

Ridley327

infinityBCRT said:
Which Raiden model? Before the game shipped did they even show him? I believe the earliest model of Raiden they showed was actually made for the PSX version of MGS2 which was all in an anime style.

The original Big Boss MGS3 model actually didn't look that great either (you can still see it in the original Snake Eater intro).

On Document of MGS2, they have the trailer I described. They had sent it out to some Hollywood studios to drum up interest in the PS2, which wasn't released at that point.

I was so foolish to sell my copy of the game away; it's probably the best resource material of its kind in relation to the production of a game.

TheSeks

I am fucking loving Senor Carl of Gustav with special appearance by Fulton of the Rounds.

Spam that sucker in the general direction of the tanks and get the fools with round shot. So awesome.

Need to get higher level R&D and Combat unit so I can get the bandana and spam it.

I have noticed you can't CG Fulton the captain of the mech. You can put him to sleep, but if you're doing that Sleep Grenades are better for that (depending on the strength/rank)

Also recruited like 100 or so dudes within two hours while I was out with someone doing errands. "Wardriving" (in the loosest sense of the word :lol) is fun. It's how I got my Stealth Mat skill + a few S-ranks (like 10-20) and saw 6 enemies in one AP round (highest I've seen, started at 2 then 4 then 6. Holy shit the chaining of CQC gets HIGH with 6).

125 of 200 missions done "Naked" emblem... nearly there. >_< Just have to spam some easy missions again. *siiigh*

I think that + S-ranking solo (AND CO-OP) are the hardest emblems to get. Naked isn't so hard but so much as a time-sink.

Of course, the versus mode that no one cares about is probably worse.

Pretty productive day. I have too many weapons and not enough GMP to around. :lol

oracrest

Chairhome said:
^^ The mission you mentioned is supposed to be unlocked after Ch. 4. Check extra missions if you don't see it.

yeah, I am not seeing it anywhere. there was that one mission, and one after it, but they are both gone now.

Took down the
GEAR rex
last night, that was a fun fight, it took a few minutes before I realized it was
a wyvern version of the MGS rex Metal Gear

Salaadin

Yenrot said:
I'm stuck on the torture scene, it's impossible and m wrists hurt. :( HELP!

Have you tried setting the PSP down on a flat surface and using your index finger? Press your thumb to the bottom of your index finger to help stabilize it too.

Chairhome

oracrest said:
yeah, I am not seeing it anywhere. there was that one mission, and one after it, but they are both gone now.

Took down the
GEAR rex
last night, that was a fun fight, it took a few minutes before I realized it was
a wyvern version of the MGS rex Metal Gear
probably a dumb question, but you are pressing R to move to the other category of missions, right? I don't see why it would disappear.

And am I the only person that didn't have a problem with the torture scene? Not to sound like, "Har har, I'm better than you", but I didn't come close to failing... and I was on the toilet when I did that one.

Yenrot said:

Try using your other hand to press the PSP against your leg or something, that's the only advice I can give, apart from not using your thumb!

oracrest

Chairhome said:
probably a dumb question, but you are pressing R to move to the other category of missions, right? I don't see why it would disappear.

And am I the only person that didn't have a problem with the torture scene? Not to sound like, "Har har, I'm better than you", but I didn't come close to failing... and I was on the toilet when I did that one.

yeah, I am going through my main missions, and the extra ops, and nothing. I am thinking that maybe it opens up only after you have done a mission with s-rank, or some other kind of thing.

ya know what, I found it in extra ops. I think I might have glossed over it when going through the list. my bad.

Yenrot said:

I use my index finger, I make my hand locked, and then tense my wrist muscles so that my arm "trembles" from the tension. It hits the button super fast, makes any button press mini-game like cake. Even on the last stage of electrocution, I can keep the bar at the top the whole time. I'm not sure if it's one of those things that everyone can do, or others find hard, like folding your tongue.

Yen

After about an hour and a half, I finally completed it. Now on Peace Walker Battle, but haven't started it yet.

This game just keeps giving for me. I beat chapter 5 at 27 hours, and my game timer is now at 47 hours. So I've done 20 hours of post-game stuff, and I haven't even touched co-op.

Top Bottom