• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

BumRush said:
Thanks Winnie!!
Don't go in under the impression you can just blow through the main missions though. As you play through the story you unlock extra ops, and you need to play through those as well and manage your base so you can get better weapons and items. The people who had major trouble with the bosses probably didn't do that.

As much as I love this game, there are just way too many of these vehicle fights. Grinding through them all is so dull and repetitive.

Edit: I just listened to cecile's briefing where they explain her name. :lol

Kojima is god!

-Winnie-

infinityBCRT said:
Don't go in under the impression you can just blow through the main missions though. As you play through the story you unlock extra ops, and you need to play through those as well and manage your base so you can get better weapons and items. The people who had major trouble with the bosses probably didn't do that.

Yeah, this is true, thus the "Tactical Espionage Operations" in the title. :p
You won't need to do all the Extra Ops to progress, but it's nice to get a leg up by doing some occasionally.

jimid2

Neo Member
Paparazzi missions!
Finally got me using my camera! :lol

popleader.JPG

popghost.JPG

Yen

RelentlessRolento said:
beat all missions last night.
can anyone clear my confusion of who
Miller really is after talking to Zero?

I thought I had completed all missions? Clearly I haven't. How do I get this?

Ridley327

You have to complete every main story mission and Extra Op to unlock the final tape and the swimwear. It doesn't matter if it was done solo or in co-op.

Yenrot said:
I thought I had completed all missions? Clearly I haven't. How do I get this?

You need to clear all story and extra-ops missions. Including monster huntan.

Finally got the rathalos wing after about 10 tries. Now i know what it feels like to actually play monster hunter :lol :lol. High level weapon manufacturing sucks. I didnt realise that GMP was like a pie and that every time you develop a weapon it takes a piece from the pie until its done and essentially replaced. It takes forever to develop the patriot and railgun and this and that :(

Sielys

Onion_Relish said:
It takes forever to develop the patriot and railgun and this and that :(

2% a mission! :lol

I used that time to finish collecting all the AI boards for my Zeke. It was a long and ardorus rode, but now with the chrysalis head and peacewalker legs, it can solo everything but S++ missions in outer ops.

Yen

Sielys said:

I used that time to finish collecting all the AI boards for my Zeke. It was a long and ardorus rode, but now with the chrysalis head and peacewalker legs, it can solo everything but S++ missions in outer ops.

Does it still have a tiny circular head? Mine does :(

Ridley327

Sielys said:

Fun fact: the development rate of a weapon or item will increase based on the difficulty of a mission, particularly for five-skull and red skull ops. They will go a lot faster if you target those kinds of missions.

Sielys said:

Im sure its been asked, but is there anyway to raise the chance of getting these parts? Ive got the pupa head, but it just seemed random.

Sielys

Onion_Relish said:
Im sure its been asked, but is there anyway to raise the chance of getting these parts? Ive got the pupa head, but it just seemed random.

Oh, it's a 100% chance if you don't damage the head at all. So, just attack parts far away from the head.

Ridley327

It works fine, if that's what you're asking. It's not a particularly in-depth mode, though using Fultons on downed players is certainly amusing.

Sielys said:
Oh, it's a 100% chance if you don't damage the head at all. So, just attack parts far away from the head.

So does the same thing go for peace walker legs? Because i rarely if ever touch those up. I usually just got right at the ai pod

Onion_Relish said:
So does the same thing go for peace walker legs? Because i rarely if ever touch those up. I usually just got right at the ai pod
Needs to be the red custom one, worked when I tried it.

Ridley327 said:
I've gotten the PW legs on PW II; it's just the head that is restricted to the Custom variants.

Ah ok, thanks.

Augemitbutter said:
. they can take a few hits,
Yes that's what I thought, don't restart if you miss a shot.

Kind of bored and looking for a new game to play. I am considering buying this.

However I did not like the demo at all because of the controls and the fact I hate playing games on my old PSP PHAT.

I also am not sure I'd like the huge customisation elements of the game.

Also I didn't like the fact that the cutscenes are all comic book style. I would prefer to get them in MGS4 style cutscenes.

I do like the older MGS titles.

Please say why I should get it or tell me not to get it because I have these problems.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
BumRush said:
I've been on the fence about getting a PSP lately. Is this the game that should push me to get it? Reviews have said that boss battles were irritatingly long...is this game breaking?

Yes it's worth the PSP.

Yes the boss battles are long. But there are only a few in the main story missions, and you don't HAVE to do any of the side mission boss battles. So really you can make it through the whole game doing on the minimum boss battles - and yeah they aren't game suffering frustrating. The worst ones happen in the extra missions, which are, extra.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
ashbash159 said:
Kind of bored and looking for a new game to play. I am considering buying this.

However I did not like the demo at all because of the controls and the fact I hate playing games on my old PSP PHAT.

Yeah I didn't like the controls for the first couple of missions. But after a couple hours in the game it was second nature. I don't have a problem with the controls AT ALL and I think the game plays great on the PSP. It's nowhere near as bad as Portable Ops. A couple of things to keep in mind when setting them up:
1. Play in Shooter MGS4 Controls
2. Set the button up/down left/right sensitivity to the max. I never had a problem manually aiming, I would just tap the buttons to get the enemy in the cross hairs and the "lock-on" aim correction was very liberal and I never got frustrated with thoughts of "that shot should've hit".
3. Don't rely on the auto-aim. I know I did a lot in Portable Ops and in the beginning of the game. But after a while of playing, like I said lock-on aim correction in the manual aiming made the shooter feel just right.

All in all: the controls are great. No complaints at all after many hours into the game.
Okay, one complaint: I wish the camera would lock on to the boss during the boss battles, it got annoying having to rotate the camera constantly to refind the boss.

I also am not sure I'd like the huge customization elements of the game.

You will.
Also I didn't like the fact that the cutscenes are all comic book style. I would prefer to get them in MGS4 style cutscenes.

No, these are awesome. They work so much better than in game graphics would've worked in this one. AND spoiler alert for the first 5 mins in the game:
some comic book cutscenes are QTE interactive

I do like the older MGS titles.

Please say why I should get it or tell me not to get it because I have these problems.

You will like this this game.

Done.

Adam Prime said:
Your spoiler is broken BTW.

Also what you said in the spoiler is in the demo.

One last question. Is it okay if I know I will probably never play this game in co-op? Will it decrease my enjoyment much?

You can do every mission in the game solo. There's a couple of items that are only usable in co-op but they're no big deal and a handful of the extra ops are pretty tough to solo but you'll definitely be able to fully enjoy the game alone.

So while youre all here, exactly what parts CAN you harvest from the various bosses? They all drop head parts and then peace walker drops legs, maybe cocoon drops a different energy part?

So what can you harvest from Pupa 1 and Chrysalis? I mean the story mode version...I want to start on my
Metal Gear Zeke immediately!

You can get
The rail gun and radome from Chrysalis, and the armour from Cocoon and jetpack from pupa. All the other parts can be obtained by fighting any of the AIs and just not attacking the part you want The best way it to always focus on the AI pod.

Ninja Kn1ght said:
You can get
The rail gun and radome from Chrysalis, and the armour from Cocoon and jetpack from pupa. All the other parts can be obtained by fighting any of the AIs and just not attacking the part you want The best way it to always focus on the AI pod.

Thanks alot! No wonder
I HAVENT GOT ANY FREAKIN LEG PARTS! UGHHHHH All i did was attack the treads on Pupa so I could get leg parts and I kept getting everything but...time to redo this mission for the umpteenth time.

xKilltheMx said:
Thanks alot! No wonder
I HAVENT GOT ANY FREAKIN LEG PARTS! UGHHHHH All i did was attack the treads on Pupa so I could get leg parts and I kept getting everything but...time to redo this mission for the umpteenth time.

If you want a part youre NOT supposed to attack it. Not only that, I doubt you could ever get treads for peace WALKer.

Onion_Relish said:
If you want a part youre NOT supposed to attack it. Not only that, I doubt you could ever get treads for peace WALKer.

I thought that the threads were the equivalent of the legs for pupa? I was just trying to get the leg scrap parts haha. But okay. Thanks for the help!

oracrest

5e44a832.jpg

Finally replaced my system, which was breaking down one analog direction at a time. The 3000 series screen is a good improvement too.

depward

I love this game.

End game spoilers:

OK, not END game end game, but I did just beat Chapter 4. Wow. Intense last hour or two. Great music, great boss battle, typical MGS. Can't wait to start up some Chapter 5 stuff

Awesome game. Not a big Metal Gear fan before, but this game changed me. I was worried about the so called "impossible" single player boss fights I read about. I'm starting to think certain reviewers rush through the game and don't have the right equipment/weapon sets to take on the harder bosses by themselves. 10/10 for me. Oh, and the comic book style rules. I'm gonna have to get the Metal Gear Digital Graphic novel now. :lol

This game is really long! I finally got done with all the vehicle battles thanks to CO-OPS. Finally finished all the missions but still have some secret tapes to obtain, have to complete outer ops, get my teams to level 99, develop and find every weapon in this massive game!
And even after all this time the game is still awesome!

onken

Ridley327 said:
Are you talking about the actual Pupa head, or a part of the ZEKE head?

Oh Zeke part, you can actually get the Pupa head too? Neat.

Also how are you supposed to beat some of the bosses with an S ranking? There's no way I'd have enough ammo to beat them without using a supply marker. Hell, 600 rounds of a 3* PKM barely does 2-3 notches off some of the later bosses.

lopes16

Neo Member
onken said:

Also how are you supposed to beat some of the bosses with an S ranking? There's no way I'd have enough ammo to beat them without using a supply marker. Hell, 600 rounds of a 3* PKM barely does 2-3 notches off some of the later bosses.
Bandana (infinite ammo).

onken said:

you will S rank non vehicle boss battles semi-auto later in game with better equipment, supply calls barely hurt.

see5harp

My god these boss battles are repetitive. Having a great time doing team stuff and "crafting," but whoever designed the analog nub should be killed. It's so damn bad that I'm happy there's not two of them.

Yen

Few questions:
Do you get the head parts in main ops or the 5 skull outer ops version of the mechs? Still stick with a tiny, unimpressive thing.
Bandanna? How?
Meta material skilled soldiers? For the stealth map.
When should I get the Gustav Fulton?

oracrest

Are the quality of soldiers reflective of how well you performed on the mission?

Also, I noticed that I am getting unique volunteer portraits (specifically woman seem to be unique when joining as a volunteer. Do soldiers ever improve on their stats, or do they remain the same grade always?

Yenrot said:
Few questions:
Do you get the head parts in main ops or the 5 skull outer ops version of the mechs? Still stick with a tiny, unimpressive thing.
Bandanna? How?
Meta material skilled soldiers? For the stealth map.
When should I get the Gustav Fulton?

http://news.filefront.com/metal-gear-solid-peace-walker-cheats/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/960566-metal-gear-solid-peace-walker/55082782

both extremely useful

bandana is s rank final peace walker variant
meta is just rescue on 49
technically youre not supposed to get gustav fulton until way later, just follow the progression or jump ahead, its not so utterly godlike though

heads are just dont shoot the heads. Shoot the chrysalis' wings, shoot the pupas treads or ai pod, etc. higher percentages at higher difficulties

What do you guys do when you run out of Fulton options?

At the harder Extra Op's the soldiers seem to wake up pretty quickly from being put to sleep and relying on the vehicle to run them over isn't that good.

Only option is to put a few bullets into them? But then i cant take a launcher?

Unless i don't take my Hush Puppy.........whaaaaa so many options :lol

Or I could not wear my stealth suit but then its makes it much harder to hold them up :S

Top Bottom