• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Yay I finally got the Rail Gun for Zeke today! Now I just need to complete those Rescue missions and I'll be done with Ch. 5! :D

This game is so much fun. Question though: do I need to have an S-Tier Zeke in order to win S++ Outter Ops missions? Or will he do just fine no matter what parts I put on him? I don't feel like grinding away on those AI battles for better parts.

Kojima just namedropped Colossus- The Forbin Project, dayum! And Silent Running! I love all the sci-fi movie references in the briefing files... and of course the Kubrick references everywhere.

Adam Prime said:
Yay I finally got the Rail Gun for Zeke today! Now I just need to complete those Rescue missions and I'll be done with Ch. 5! :D

This game is so much fun. Question though: do I need to have an S-Tier Zeke in order to win S++ Outter Ops missions? Or will he do just fine no matter what parts I put on him? I don't feel like grinding away on those AI battles for better parts.
I finished all the Outer Ops missions I've got available, up to and including the Capture the Enemy Base 06 - that's 7 S++ missions, and my Zeke isn't S-Tier, just functional... The last two missions cost me a total of 6 KPZ-70s lost, though... :lol

I was kind of disappointed
I didn't get any cool stuff when I completed all the outer ops missions except for the Insignia and 5000 Heroism points

lopes16

Neo Member
How to get
Rathalos Wing
?
I done the
monster hunter missions
many times and I cant get the
monster parts
, damn.

I just finished a marathon MGSPW session and used tinypic for something a few minutes later. The captcha image was "UP FULTON", which freaked me out

Ridley327

Adam Prime said:
Okay cool. The last thing I want to do is grind out boss battles for parts!

To be honest, if you have the Chrysalis head equipped to ZEKE, you could almost solo every Outer Ops battle with it since it can target every enemy for a lot of damage.

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
I was kind of disappointed I didn't get any cool stuff when I completed all the outer ops missions except for the Insignia and 5000 Heroism points...

That's what the random drops are for; have fun hunting for the XFIM-94 or the CAW!

Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
I finished all the Outer Ops missions I've got available, up to and including the Capture the Enemy Base 06 - that's 7 S++ missions, and my Zeke isn't S-Tier, just functional... The last two missions cost me a total of 6 KPZ-70s lost, though... :lol

I was kind of disappointed
I didn't get any cool stuff when I completed all the outer ops missions except for the Insignia and 5000 Heroism points

I just finished the outer ops myself. My Zeke couldnt even one hit kill those last level tanks with a direct rail gun hit for crying out loud. I didnt grind him per se, but i did S tier all the boss battles, so he had a decent amount of boards. Probably about 50/50/40/40 (Less than that, but approximate).

But yeah, it sucks losing all your tanks and heli's on those last 2 missions eh? Up until then the most I had lost on a single mission was 2, but the last one cost me 5. Not that i need them anymore :)

Final Outer Ops destroyed 4 of my Custom tanks! somehow only the bog standard T 27 survived.

My Zeke
Was barely scratched, equipped with Peace Walker's legs, which give it a huge armour and evasion boost

oracrest

lopes16 said:
How to get
Rathalos Wing
?
I done the
monster hunter missions
many times and I cant get the
monster parts
, damn.

Not sure, but you might want to try damaging both wings specifically. In Monster hunter, that is how you got the wings, by breaking the wings. You should be able to tell because the wing membrane will look torn, and the horns on his arms broken off.

mauaus

2 questions...
What is this passcode business?
How do I get better soldiers through wifi recruit?

Thank in advance, this game is awesooooome!!

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, I ask again: Where do you get the EM Net soldier skilled soldier at?

Is there a good wiki guide up for this yet?

Just beat it this morning. Pretty amazing experience though was a bit lawlz at some of the ending story bits, but hey, that's why we love Metal Gear right?

Now I wanna start chipping away at the extra content but can't find a decent guide.

As far as how I'd rank the series after this though:

1. MGS3: Subsistence
2. MGS: PW
3. MGS4 (only because Ep1. and 2 are THAT amazing)
4. MGS2
5. MGS

At this point, MGS3 is only number one for story, quality, and nostalgia. Peace Walker has already surpassed all the other entries as far as gameplay and what not.

I took a walk around the downtown core at lunch hour yesterday and did the WiFi recruiting thing for the first time... Woah! In about an hour I upped all my Levels in Research, Kitchen, Medical and Intel by 15 - 20 points! I have about a million GMP and it's all spent developing new weapons and items and I still have a crap-load to develop when these are done... And my Heroism score has gone up from around 12,000 to more than 22,000 in one day too! I should have tried this stuff sooner...

Now, if I can just stop playing around with recruiting and AI farming and all these Extra Ops and concentrate on finishing Chapter 5 :lol

I'm at the Peace Walker Battle 2 and I need more firepower, so I need to increase my engineer level. Where can I get the best with the fulton recovery system?

berserk_ftw said:
I'm at the Peace Walker Battle 2 and I need more firepower, so I need to increase my engineer level. Where can I get the best with the fulton recovery system?

ya im still stuck on this too...just dont have enough firepower to beat it...any tips on the best way do complete it?

oracrest

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Played the Pupa 2 battle last night, used all my rockets, and all my supply drops, and finally got him down, but had nothing to blow the AI pod with

:/ bitter pain!

nolookjones said:
ya im still stuck on this too...just dont have enough firepower to beat it...any tips on the best way do complete it?

It really is just an endurance test, though those with Monster Hunter experience probably won't sweat it as it's a fairly similar experience.

Anyhoo, what worked for me:

- Supply drops
- Rations/Curry
- M16
- LAW
- Strike markers

That and basically patience. You want to focus on it's AI Pod though.
It's long I know. Shit it took me 30 minutes the first time, then I did it with a mate the next day in about 15.

AgentOtaku said:
Is there a good wiki guide up for this yet?

Just beat it this morning. Pretty amazing experience though was a bit lawlz at some of the ending story bits, but hey, that's why we love Metal Gear right?

Now I wanna start chipping away at the extra content but can't find a decent guide.

As far as how I'd rank the series after this though:

1. MGS3: Subsistence
2. MGS: PW
3. MGS4 (only because Ep1. and 2 are THAT amazing)
4. MGS2
5. MGS

At this point, MGS3 is only number one for story, quality, and nostalgia. Peace Walker has already surpassed all the other entries as far as gameplay and what not.
I don't agree with that last statement. As good as Peace Walker was in terms of story and compared to other portable games, I don't think the level design and enemy AI holds a candle to MGS3. The levels are SUPER small and while a lot more detailed than Portable Ops, still don't compare to MGS3 IMO. The guards are blind in PW compared to MGS3.

infinityBCRT said:
I don't agree with that last statement. As good as Peace Walker was in terms of story and compared to other portable games, I don't think the level design and enemy AI holds a candle to MGS3. The levels are SUPER small and while a lot more detailed than Portable Ops, still don't compare to MGS3 IMO. The guards are blind in PW compared to MGS3.

true true, but PW still gets the edge for being more fun and friendly

Ridley327

Tranqing a monster won't deplete its life bar; it has a hidden Psyche gauge that depletes. Certainly one of the more glaring issues the game has.

Ridley327 said:
Tranqing a monster won't deplete its life bar; it has a hidden Psyche gauge that depletes. Certainly one of the more glaring issues the game has.

On the contrary, the hidden gauge is clearly a homage to the monster hunter battle system itself. I tranq'd rathalos and tigrex without too much effort. Their tranq gauge is much smaller than their life bar, so it makes life easy. Putting on a quick camo helps a lot. The best part of the tranqing is imagining msf skinning the beast so i can wear its camo

Ridley327

The thing is with Monster Hunter, there's visible signs of when the monster is slowing down enough for capture to be possible. That does not exist in PW, which makes tranq takedowns a real drag, particularly when it scales upwards in co-op play.

oracrest

Ridley327 said:

Do you have to weaken their health first, or can you just start tranqing right out the gate?

oracrest said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

Played the Pupa 2 battle last night, used all my rockets, and all my supply drops, and finally got him down, but had nothing to blow the AI pod with

:/ bitter pain!

Started fighting this thing today and i died :(

More Armor and it's Electrical attacks are more fucked up, thats just fucking great.

I'm so lost. I beat
Chapter 4 last night, the credits roll and then it says 'To be continued in Chapter 5. So this morning I turn on my PSP, expecting more missions, and there is nothing new. The last mission is the Peace Walker Battle 3. So basically I'm asking, how do I start Chapter 5?

Salaadin

Blu_LED said:
I'm so lost. I beat
Chapter 4 last night, the credits roll and then it says 'To be continued in Chapter 5. So this morning I turn on my PSP, expecting more missions, and there is nothing new. The last mission is the Peace Walker Battle 3. So basically I'm asking, how do I start Chapter 5?

Start working on Extra Ops, get ZEKEs 4 main parts completed and a rail gun

Ridley327

oracrest said:
Do you have to weaken their health first, or can you just start tranqing right out the gate?

You can tranq them right away.

Infinite Justice said:
Started fighting this thing today and i died :(

More Armor and it's Electrical attacks are more fucked up, thats just fucking great.

Man, if you're having this much of an issue with the Type II version, the Custom version might make you break your PSP. :lol

Blu_LED said:
I'm so lost. I beat
basically keep doing extra ops and build zeke and make sure it has a rail gun. There may be some other conditions here and there (S-Ranking Date with Paz? not sure), but you should start getting Chapter 5 missions for every 3-5 extra ops you do

Blu_LED said:
I'm so lost. I beat

Just keep doing Extra Ops Missions. Everytime you complete them the characters will talk some stuff via the codec, eventually Miller will tell you something about Zadornov and will add the mission to the main ops. Once you start that mission your in chapter 5.

Ridley327 said:
Man, if you're having this much of an issue with the Type II version, the Custom version might make you break your PSP. :lol

Wait, this isn't the custom version? Holy crap.

:( :( :( :(

Now i really need some R&D people (minimum B class)

Ridley327

The Custom version of any mech or AI boss features red armor plating. They can definitely take a beating and get stronger weapons, too. The consolation, though, is that their patterns remain the same, so you're good to go if you've already done well on them in the past.

Ridley327 said:
The Custom version of any mech or AI boss features red armor plating. They can definitely take a beating and get stronger weapons, too. The consolation, though, is that their patterns remain the same, so you're good to go if you've already done well on them in the past.

I was wondering why it wasn't red when i saw it and i thought it was just the Chrysalis had the red scheme. Thanks for the correction.

As for the pattern i'm cool, its just that i never figured how to deal with that electrical shock with mines garbage efficiently. :(

Any tips where i can find R&D people to fulton (kinda like how EXO15 was a great place to get decent intel people).

Salaadin

Infinite Justice said:
Any tips where i can find R&D people to fulton (kinda like how EXO15 was a great place to get decent intel people).

Reposting from a previous page:

sotodefonk said:
Ex Ops 46 have an S on Food, in the first area, and they will also have the skill to develop better rations.

For medics, ex Ops 26 have a POW with S rank, just keep recuing them.

Research Soldiers can be found in Ex Op 49.

Intel like others said, in Recue Chico mission and the one after that. Its the sniper on the second area, but you will need a Gustav Fulton launcher or the weapon you get from rathalos (forgot the name...musket?)

For Attack? Soldiers, recluting in Wi-Fi is the best way becaude you can get S soldiers pretty easy (if you go outside, of course) but in ex Ops 83 there are several A soldiers, some of them will go to S level when you play with them. In this mission is better if you go co-op with a couple of friends, and fulton every soldier :lol I havent seen an S soldiers on attack in normal or Ex Ops missions (or at least dont remember).

I followed this to get my upgrades. It took some work done to get these missions unlocked but as I hammered through the tougher stuff, I started getting tougher guys. I think I found some decent R&D guys on the higher "stealth only" missions. The 4th one to be specific.

My hero rank is also above 10k but I dont know if that affects enemies found on the field.

Ridley327

Infinite Justice said:
I was wondering why it wasn't red when i saw it and i thought it was just the Chrysalis had the red scheme. Thanks for the correction.

As for the pattern i'm cool, its just that i never figured how to deal with that electrical shock with mines garbage efficiently. :(

Hide in the large entryways and shoot any mines that are close by. When Pupa goes for the discharge, you'll be protected and you'll have a really good shot at virtually any part. The tricky attack is when it does the area wide shock attack, since that does some nasty damage and it's difficult to avoid. However, its effective area is the 180 degrees in front of it, so staying behind hit will prevent being affected by it.

that big quintuple shock attack is actually easy to dodge once you learn the trick. When it is pointing right at you, just run to the right around it in a circular method ie: run around it like time on a clock. The first shot should land right behind you, then if you run back the other way, the other one should shoot right in front of you. It takes confidence to develop it, but once you know it its free damage.

Ridley327

Now that's an interesting trick! It sure beats hoofing it over to Pupa when you see it rev up one of the big shock attacks (the other one is really easy to avoid, but god help you if you do get hit by it).

Top Bottom