• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Itchy//Tasty said:
They clearly got to do MH version of Metal Gear Ray and Gekkos next, though. Think how awesome Gear Ray would look...big amphibious motherfucker.:D

That actually sounds pretty cool, like MH versions of former metal gears and Peace Walker. :D

Sorry to DP but dear god Chapter 3: Mission Escape the Guards is near impossible for me for some reason. Any tips on how you guys beat it?

Yen

xKilltheMx said:
Sorry to DP but dear god Chapter 3: Mission Escape the Guards is near impossible for me for some reason. Any tips on how you guys beat it?
Take out your jigsaw.
Wait till the guard walks away and saw like the
Bajaysus.
Run to your right and hide behind a pillar.
The guards will wander about looking for you and what I did was go back down to the other end of map and sneak between pillar to pillar until I got to the recovery point.

Salaadin

xKilltheMx said:

Thats the one in the big pit with the cypher and soldiers? I ran around constantly uncrouched so the snipers couldnt get an accurate shot and I was able to dodge missles easily.

When the later waves started rolling in, Id try to position myself nearby whatever ladders or hills that they enemies had to climb up or down and Id toss grenades into their group and take out a few. Just be really careful of the guys with rocket launchers.

Use the cover and try to keep your distance and take enemies out from far away. Youre a better shot than they are.

Salaadin said:
Thats the one in the big pit with the cypher and soldiers? I ran around constantly uncrouched so the snipers couldnt get an accurate shot and I was able to dodge missles easily.

When the later waves started rolling in, Id try to position myself nearby whatever ladders or hills that they enemies had to climb up or down and Id toss grenades into their group and take out a few. Just be really careful of the guys with rocket launchers.

Use the cover and try to keep your distance and take enemies out from far away. Youre a better shot than they are.

Ill try this out thanks.

Yenrot said:
Take out your jigsaw.
Wait till the guard walks away and saw like the
Bajaysus.
Run to your right and hide behind a pillar.
The guards will wander about looking for you and what I did was go back down to the other end of map and sneak between pillar to pillar until I got to the recovery point.

qwhaat?

Yenrot said:
I may have given you tips for a different level. Oops!

Haha okay thanks for trying to help. Will update this post if i have immediate success.

The gods hate me. Right before I beat the level i was grabbed by a cypher...and shaking the analog stick I got out. Right before snake hit the ground the game reset to the main XMB. fuck. this.

revolverjgw said:
The monster hunt battles make me want to slap a bitch. Get hit by fireball, fall down. Get swiped by tail, fall down. Get roared at, freeze in place. Bump into a raptor, fall down. Get caught in an area-of-effect move, freeze in place.

Did I manage to reload the Gustav in tiFUUUUCKKKK

You can ignore the roars if
you bring along the walkman and listen to some tunes
. :D

Miburou

Just wanted to say that this is probably the best PSP game ever. My PSP was gathering dust before, but I've put 100+ hours into the game since it came out.

McFlame

I'm currently at 40 hours and have only just finished the story missions, i've been having so much fun with the extra op missions and the variants of bosses.

Man this game is like crack.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Ridley327 said:
Finally got that infernal Tigrex to drop its Claw, which allowed me to develop the Slingshot Post. Using it as a melee weapon more than makes up for the dozens of attempts at nabbing it. :lol :lol :lol

That wraps it up for all of the weapons and items for my save file; I wonder what I'll be attempting to go after next.

SMH. I can't get those damn bosses to drop ANYTHING for me. So rage inducing. :(

Ridley327

No one really seems to know what the formula is for getting those items. It might have something to do with making sure that you smash and sever the appropriate body parts on each monster, but it's impossible to know since you can't actually duplicate the process. They deserve to get their shit fucked up, though, so destroy away.

One thing is for certain, though; you do not have to put them to sleep to get their drop.

Does
Chapter 5 ever end, or continue to story? Or is it one of those things where they put you in a "chapter" for the whole end game? Are there more cutscenes, plus another ending? So far it's only been getting back Zadornav.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
onken said:
Some of the bonus boss fights say either destroy it or disable the AI. How does one perform the latter?

Shoot the AI pod. If you've been doing that, you've been disabling it. If you haven't, you've been doing it wrong for a long while.

Minamu

Blu_LED said:
Does
Chapter 5 ever end, or continue to story? Or is it one of those things where they put you in a "chapter" for the whole end game? Are there more cutscenes, plus another ending? So far it's only been getting back Zadornav.
Do that enough times and you'll get the second ending. And then there's a third hidden ending as well.

Ridley327

It's kind of difficult to explain, but what you should do is aim slightly to the left or right of the gun and you should be seeing yellow markers pop up when you do damage. It's easier to see when it raises itself to disperse the electric chain bombs or is discharging big shocks.

He's the only AI boss where its head is hidden, since the other ones are quite obvious and are a little too easy to destroy.

Ridley327 said:
It's kind of difficult to explain, but what you should do is aim slightly to the left or right of the gun and you should be seeing yellow markers pop up when you do damage. It's easier to see when it raises itself to disperse the electric chain bombs or is discharging big shocks.

He's the only AI boss where its head is hidden, since the other ones are quite obvious and are a little too easy to destroy.
Yellow markers with an 'S' in them? I feel like that's pretty much all I hit last time I battled it. But after all I unlocked was a another Power Unit.

Ridley327

Yeah; S for Sense. Sense is always, always tied to their head.

Oh wait, you're going for the parts they drop? Then don't hit them there.

Ridley327 said:
Yeah; S for Sense. Sense is always, always tied to their head.

Oh wait, you're going for the parts they drop? Then don't hit them there.
Oh shit, I though you were suppose to hit the parts you want. Dammit, that makes way more sense. :lol

Salaadin

I tried EX91 again last night solo. I fultoned every single guard except for the last one and then I got spotted and shot to pieces by the damn chopper. Thats so frustrating.
At least I know I can do it. I just have to be a tad bit more careful.

What do you guys do once you run out of mines and have to fulton guys one by one? I usually hide out in the longer warehouse (with the 2 entrances) and wait for them to make their rounds nearby each of the doorways. I then toss a smoke into their group and another in the middle of my pathway to them. Equip NVGs and run in there and CQC them to hell and back but still making sure that I throw them into the smoke. Repeat until theyre all down and then fulton. It works but its risky since they take a beating before passing out. I have to be quick and perfect or the smoke clears and Im fucked.

Is there a better way to do it?

Jigsaw

Banned
just use smoke grenades and fulton launcher to get the whole squad,then hide in the box...if you run out of fulton ammo just use a suply marker...just be careful not to shoot the fulton launcher while the chopper is near or he will hear you....fulton mines are cool but they take way to long

if you havnt unlocked the fulton launcher yet (i know you must beat ex91) then just beat the mission first by killing everyone,when the battle begins run to the left and stay in that corner for the entire fight and snipe everyone,you can shoot 2 times before they spot you,so take down 2 soldiers,and hide in the box for a few seconds....again,watch for the chopper,dont shoot when he is near or above you

Salaadin

Jigsaw said:
just use smoke grenades and fulton launcher to get the whole squad,then hide in the box...if you run out of fulton ammo just use a suply marker...just be careful not to shoot the fulton launcher while the chopper is near or he will hear you....fulton mines are cool but they take way to long

if you havnt unlocked the fulton launcher yet (i know you must beat ex91) then just beat the mission first by killing everyone,when the battle begins run to the left and stay in that corner for the entire fight and snipe everyone,you can shoot 2 times before they spot you,so take down 2 soldiers,and hide in the box for a few seconds....again,watch for the chopper,dont shoot when he is near or above you

Will the commander still pop out if I kill everyone? For some reason I thought you had to be non lethal and stealthy...

Ridley327

If you don't get spotted and kill everyone, he'll pop out when the last soldier "leaves" the zone. If you do get spotted, he'll pop out when everyone is gone and the mech's health is less than a certain percentage. For helicopters, it's less than 50% (when you reach 5 bars); for APCs and tanks, it's less than 20% (2 bars).

Salaadin

That makes things a tad easier. If I can fulton some using mines and kill the others, I wont have to get close at all. I have a good system down as to where I need to place the mines to get all 4 at once so I can take out 20 guys just doing that. Once I get that fulton launcher, Ill come back and S rank this stuff.

Thanks for the tips.

hiro4

Salaadin said:
I tried EX91 again last night solo. I fultoned every single guard except for the last one and then I got spotted and shot to pieces by the damn chopper. Thats so frustrating.
At least I know I can do it. I just have to be a tad bit more careful.

What do you guys do once you run out of mines and have to fulton guys one by one? I usually hide out in the longer warehouse (with the 2 entrances) and wait for them to make their rounds nearby each of the doorways. I then toss a smoke into their group and another in the middle of my pathway to them. Equip NVGs and run in there and CQC them to hell and back but still making sure that I throw them into the smoke. Repeat until theyre all down and then fulton. It works but its risky since they take a beating before passing out. I have to be quick and perfect or the smoke clears and Im fucked.

Is there a better way to do it?

Well you got the right idea.
I always bring 20 Smoke grenades with me, normal and colored ones.
Sneaking or Neo-Moss suit and MK.22 and Silenced M16 or Mosin Nagant or Fulton Launcher. Also mines.

I always hold them up, after they are in the smoke. Makes things so much easier. Gives you more time to correctly place the fulton mine. After I used all my mines, I fulton them one by one or kill them with Head shots with Silenced M16. I also throw 2 smoke grenades for each group of 4 soldiers.

Jigsaw

Banned
hiro4 said:
I always hold them up, after they are in the smoke.

i dont get why everyone is doing this hold up stuff,when they are in the smoke,activate your night vision goggles and shoot the fulton launcher once,next wave pls

Salaadin

I never once even thought to hold them up while they are in smoke. Thats brilliant. :lol Im such a dumbass

I dont have the launcher yet so thats why Im so anxious to get this one done. The missions I have yet to unlock are also ones where I can get better R&D, Medics, etc. EX91 is in my way everytime I check to see what EX OP chain I need to complete.

I really want to get a 100% complete save file in this.

Hold them up in the smoke? Genius :lol I always CQC Chain them in the smoke (a. Because it looks cool, b. Because It looks fucking cool)

Ridley327

The only other time you'll get the chance to use them is through hotspot recruiting. You can get up to six recruits at a time, which can make you max out your CQC very quickly.

Ridley327 said:
The only other time you'll get the chance to use them is through hotspot recruiting. You can get up to six recruits at a time, which can make you max out your CQC very quickly.

Yep, that's a good place for CQC Chains too.

Salaadin said:
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
I love going to my sisters apartment. Theres a good 10 hotspots there.

Haha, I need to go to my gf's apartment soon so I can use her roommates hotsp - er I mean see how she's doing. :D

jimid2

Neo Member
brandonh83 said:
Damn. I cannot beat
Pupa
. Fuck.
There's advice for that posted in this thread...
basically, use the three entrance ways along the edge of the arena for cover, hit the floor when it rushes you, try to avoid the big electrical shocks and keep plugging away with rockets...

-Winnie-

^ Thanks.
Any idea if firmware, PSP version or anything plays any part? I tried connecting a US copy (running on a PSP-1000) with an EU/Australian one (running on a 3000) before, but it didn't seem to work.
I'll have to try again another time, I suppose.

jimid2 said:
There's advice for that posted in this thread...
basically, use the three entrance ways along the edge of the arena for cover, hit the floor when it rushes you, try to avoid the big electrical shocks and keep plugging away with rockets...

Thanks. I can avoid its attacks well enough, I just always run out of ammo. :lol

Yeah I loved the CQC chains so much that I would throw smokes anytime I could.

Would always try to do something to draw all the people in one spot and then smoke and chain CQC. :D

I love doing it when the guards around some of the vehicle bosses are posing and looking around.

So.Fucking.Cool.

Top Bottom