• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

Ridley327 said:
Outer Ops has absolutely no bearing on the conditions.
But they do count as 'missions completed' when working towards unlocked the next Main Ops mission, right? Also, is there a way to tell if my base is upgraded enough?

Ridley327

Outer Ops don't count towards your mission count because they're not missions.

Go into the information page (bottom middle icon) and then go into the first option you see. That will bring up all five sections of the Motherbase and what level they're at.

Ridley327 said:
Outer Ops don't count towards your mission count because they're not missions.

Go into the information page (bottom middle icon) and then go into the first option you see. That will bring up all five sections of the Motherbase and what level they're at.
But they worked when unlocking all the
Zadornav Search Mission
?

Ahh, I got Outer Ops and Extra Ops mixed up. I've been doing Extra Ops to try to unlock the final mission, and even after doing around 7-10 of them since beating mission 32, still nothing.

Jigsaw

Banned
Blu_LED said:
Ahh, I got Outer Ops and Extra Ops mixed up. I've been doing Extra Ops to try to unlock the final mission, and even after doing around 7-10 of them since beating mission 32, still nothing.

gamefaqs?took 20 seconds

EXO 14 > 22 > 67 > 103 > Main Op Zadornov search > 32 > 15 > 8 > 56 > 90 > 76 > Main Op Zadornov search > 42 > 19 > 95 > 39 > 35 > 106 > Main Op Zadornov search > 112 > 16 > 33 > 71 > 21 > 93 > 86 > Main Op Zadornov search > 63 > 74 > 57 > 59 > 84 > 40 > 82 > Main Op Zadornov search > 60 > 78 > 36 > 108 > 34 > 99 > Main Op Zadornov search > 116 > 17 > 101 > 110 > 43 > 97 > 118 > 23 > 24 > 105 > 25 > 70 > 26 > 27 > 94 > 44 > 41 > 77 > 20 > 89 > 55 > 79 > 9 > 66 > 73 > 107 > 58 > 61 > 92 > 62 > 100 > 64 > 65 > 87 > 111 > 45 > 46 > 102 > 47 > 48 > 91 > 49 > 75 > 50 > 83 > 37 > 98 > 104 > 72 > 85 > 109 > 96 > 81 > 113 > 115 > 117 > 119 > 68 > 120. (missions 121 - 128 are all MH monsters missions)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Does anyone have that list of S-rank guaranteed soldiers? I lost it and I need to finish building my teams to 99.

onken

Sooo, I've beaten all the ops in my list (PW2 was a bitch) and Zadornov 6, but no new ops have come up, even though there's loads of ex-ops clearly missing. What do I do next?

e~ never mind, figured it out

onken said:
Sooo, I've beaten all the ops in my list (PW2 was a bitch) and Zadornov 6, but no new ops have come up, even though there's loads of ex-ops clearly missing. What do I do next?

e~ never mind, figured it out
Do tell.

mehdi_san

I just finished chapter 3! Great boss battle at the end(
Peace Walker
), and I unlocked a new suit (
battle suit with 3 weapon slots
). So is chapter 4 the last one?

Salaadin

mehdi_san said:
I just finished chapter 3! Great boss battle at the end(
Peace Walker
), and I unlocked a new suit (
battle suit with 3 weapon slots
). So is chapter 4 the last one?
5 chapters total

mehdi_san

Salaadin said:
5 chapters total
OK. I think it's time for me that I start doing the extra ops, looking for secrets, etc... I've been focusing on story missions only so far (and a few outer ops), and I feel like I'm ready for some more challenging missions now. BTW, I hope everyone listens to the briefing tapes, some of them are really awesome.

Finally beat
Chrysalis Custom.
. That was a brutal fight, and it was much, much harder than
Cocoon Custom. Peace Walker Custom
looks to be a very difficult fight, but I think my rockets have gotten as strong as they're going to so I'm going to have to get that super weapon thing before trying to take it on.

LAV-G Custom was actually surprisingly easy with stealth. I'm not really looking forward to most of the other custom vehicle fights but I guess I'm going to rely on firepower to take out the others. LAV-G apparently has the simplest pattern and lowest troop count of all the custom vehicles, so I'd rather not try to stealth the others and end up having to restart after a long fight just because I got spotted by an unpredictable helicopter. But on the other hand, after seeing how much damage LAV-G Custom did with its machine gun, I'm not sure how it'd even be possible to take on the other custom machines with my current weapons.

Yen

The Kampfpistole is godly if you want to destroy tanks quickly while killing only a few soldiers. 3 star tank battles completed in 1 minute.

jimid2

Neo Member
Okay, so after like 130+ hours of play, I finally have the C. Gustav Fulton launcher! (yes, I'm meticulous, anal, and S-L-O-W!) :lol Anyway, this ought to make S-Ranking those vehicle battles a little easier...

Can anyone tell me what mission I need to S-Rank for the bandana? I can't remember and can't seem to find it here...

Holtz

jimid2 said:
Okay, so after like 130+ hours of play, I finally have the C. Gustav Fulton launcher! (yes, I'm meticulous, anal, and S-L-O-W!) :lol Anyway, this ought to make S-Ranking those vehicle battles a little easier...

Can anyone tell me what mission I need to S-Rank for the bandana? I can't remember and can't seem to find it here...
Beat
Peace Walker Custom
, Extra Op 119.
EDIT: Beaten.
Put in over 100 hours now, got almost all the weapons, all the camos and i'm currently getting my teams up to level 99. Almost over.:D

TheSeks

Woo-hoo! I got my "Naked Enthusiast" emblem today. 202 naked missions later, I can finally wear other things. :lol

Going through trying to S-rank all the stuff I'm A/B in before getting back on the co-op horse.

Salaadin

S rank Peace Walker Custom? I should just forget about the bandana :lol

TheSeks said:
Woo-hoo! I got my "Naked Enthusiast" emblem today. 202 naked missions later, I can finally wear other things. :lol

Going through trying to S-rank all the stuff I'm A/B in before getting back on the co-op horse.

Awesome:lol Congrats

Ridley327

They are very, very lenient with the time you need to beat Peace Walker Custom, but I would not recommend taking it on unless you have the Carl Gustav M2 and/or the M47 at rank 5. Chaff grenades are also strongly recommended.

Holtz

Salaadin said:
S rank Peace Walker Custom? I should just forget about the bandana :lol
You just need to kill it in under 20 minutes, bring the Carl Gustav and the M47 (if you have it, LAW if you don't) and an heavy machine gun with armor piercing abilities for the EMP parts and you should have no problems.

Paznos said:
Just finished Chapter 4! but now it seems I have some more missions to do before Chapter 5 starts?

yea just do some extra ops until Miller gives you a specific objective. Once you start that objective you will officially be in chapter 5.

I'm 2 Main Ops missions into Chapter 5, having done all Extra Ops as they've come available, with over 50% of Outer Ops done, and I'm to the point where I have so many soldiers I'm having to fire bunches of them.

Why does it feel like the game is still just getting started? :lol

Yen

Man i'm so bad at S ranking the missions that give me the stuff I need like the Fulton Rocket. Also suck at Ex Op 9 (A marksmenship challenge), Ex Op 61 ( A ghost level) and Ex Op 91.
All my teams except for combat are around 90 and have about 100 hours playtime. 1 emblem (the butterfly) and 17 out of 84 achievements.

Yen

Erigu said:
There are three uniforms you can only get in Outer Ops (including one that is quite valuable indeed... but SS difficulty, so good luck! ^^; ), and eight schematics.
What is this valuable camo? Btw this is much earlier in the thread.
Edit: sorry double post

Ridley327

It's the Battle Armor w/ Helmet; it gives you better defense than the normal Battle Armor and Snake looks totally awesome when wearing it.

Flipped through the art book today. Holy shit does KojiPro put together great artbooks. It also got me thinking of how pointless
Cecile was as a character
. It was basically
'oh hey look, a hot girl. She in MSF now'. I think it would have been much better if it was her instead of Paz that was working for the KGB

This game is also very weird with weapons. I unlock tons and tons of awesome weapons, but really have no place to use them. I don't want to use them in regular missions, because killing people brings down my Heroism. You can only really use them during boss battles, and during those I only really use my best stuff. There's stuff like shotguns that really have no use at all.

jimid2

Neo Member
Blu_LED said:
Flipped through the art book today. Holy shit does KojiPro put together great artbooks. It also got me thinking of how pointless
Cecile was as a character
. It was basically
'oh hey look, a hot girl. She in MSF now'. I think it would have been much better if it was her instead of Paz that was working for the KGB

This game is also very weird with weapons. I unlock tons and tons of awesome weapons, but really have no place to use them. I don't want to use them in regular missions, because killing people brings down my Heroism. You can only really use them during boss battles, and during those I only really use my best stuff. There's stuff like shotguns that really have no use at all.
I love the art book too, but I do wish they'd included a page or two devoted to Gear Rex - that's such a cool Monster! Regardless, the special edition package was well worth the extra $10 it cost!

I agree with you on the weapons, as well... I guess I'd have to get into playing Versus Ops to get any use out of them, but I can't compete with these kids raised on twitch-reflex shooters, so I don't get much out of them... :lol

I've finally finished all the missions... Maybe I'm just too old fashioned or something, but the whole
"Date With Kaz"
mission kind of creeped me out... :lol

As an aside, I figure that this game pretty much single-handedly justifies my PSPGo purchase... 150+ hrs of game play on a $200 system is like $1.35 an hour or something - pretty good bang for my gaming buck, I think!

Will DLC for the Japanese version of PW work on the EU version? I want to get the DLC which has some cool shirt camos for snake. Any of you guys know where I can download the DLC packs for these (Not on PSN)?

nfjpzp.jpg

2q2hah5.jpg

Thanks.

Yen

Hydrogen Bluebird said:
Will DLC for the Japanese version of PW work on the EU version? I want to get the DLC which has some cool shirt camos for snake. Any of you guys know where I can download the DLC packs for these (Not on PSN)?

nfjpzp.jpg

2q2hah5.jpg

Thanks.
On the start menu, there is an option called "Extras". Select that then go to "Network" and Downloadable Content should be an option there.

Is the orange bar below the red bar that tells the teams level their morale? How do you raise this? For example, my R&D Team's morale is super low. Does this affect anything?

Just started, currently on chapter 2.
Game is eating into my bfbc2 addiction:lol

Anyway, just wondering....am I missing out much by not playing this game co-op?
(PS3 is wireless, and i'm too lazy to setup wires just for ad-hoc party.)

jimid2

Neo Member
Eternal Sleeper said:
Just started, currently on chapter 2.
Game is eating into my bfbc2 addiction:lol

Anyway, just wondering....am I missing out much by not playing this game co-op?
(PS3 is wireless, and i'm too lazy to setup wires just for ad-hoc party.)
I played a few missions through co-op with my son, but actually prefered going it solo (co-op makes it too easy :lol ) You won't be able to get the completion insignias though, unless you complete every mission in both solo and co-op mode... There are also some weapons you might come across later on that are only of use in co-op mode (like the
stealth gun and rail gun
) and you'll collect a number of uniforms that are Versus Ops Only, but I never felt much compulsion to wire up my PS3 just so I can run around in a specific outfit on the battlefield...

Helmholtz

I have basically zero knowledge of the MGS storyline, would I be able to follow this and enjoy it regardless? Thinking of getting it for my upcoming vacation.
Also: I bought portable ops a couple years back, but never really got into it. Didn't really like the whole recruiting thing I guess. Should I give that one another try, or can I just jump into Peace Walker?

Helmholtz said:
I have basically zero knowledge of the MGS storyline, would I be able to follow this and enjoy it regardless? Thinking of getting it for my upcoming vacation.

you can get some enjoyment but i would suggest learning about MGS3: Snake Eater since a decent amount stuff in this game is referenced from it IMO.

TheSeks

Helmholtz said:
Also: I bought portable ops a couple years back, but never really got into it. Didn't really like the whole recruiting thing I guess. Should I give that one another try, or can I just jump into Peace Walker?

Play MGS3: Best game in the series.

After that, try Peace Walkers demo. If you don't like the recruitment of Port Ops, you probably won't like it here (but it's LESS tedious than it was in Port Ops).

Yen

TheSeks said:
Play MGS3: Best game in the series.

After that, try Peace Walkers demo. If you don't like the recruitment of Port Ops, you probably won't like it here (but it's LESS tedious than it was in Port Ops).

I don't see how anyone can have problems with recruitment in this game. Knock them out, shoot them into the sky with a balloon.

Salaadin

Yenrot said:
I don't see how anyone can have problems with recruitment in this game. Knock them out, shoot them into the sky with a balloon.

It gets annoying when you have a full roster and start recruiting better dudes and have to cycle through the lists to fire sucky soldiers to make room for others. Itd be nice if they game auto fired anyone with a D or C rank and replaced them with your As and Bs

Helmholtz said:
Like Seks said, you really have to play MGS3 first, as it's heavily referenced. He's also right about it being the best game in the series.

Top Bottom