• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid 5 Peace Walker |OT| Peace Walking & Ad-HOC Partying

mattp

this may have been asked, but

say i'm in japan but have the US copy of the game. will it let me play local coop with other people that have the japanese version?

mattp said:
this may have been asked, but

say i'm in japan but have the US copy of the game. will it let me play local coop with other people that have the japanese version?

no, locally no, but using ad hoc party yes

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
sotodefonk said:
no, locally no, but using ad hoc party yes

... Huh? So you can't play locally between different versions, yet you can play with different versions using adhoc party? That sounds weird.

Yen

So I've unlocked all camos now except for the MH ones and can I just say; I LOVE THE BEACH :D
Only just unlocked Date with Kaz too.

Oni Jazar

I'm in chapter 4-5 can't remember
just took down second Peace Walker form
- this game really is holy sh*t awesome. I love the cutscenes in this game. The story is a good mix of MGS1 Nuclear Warfare pontifications, MGS3 big boss turmoils and MGS2 batshit madness.

Hey GAF, I need some help with PW.

I can't seem to
fight Zeke
. I've finished all
6 Zadornov search missions
and I have all of Zeke's main and optional parts. All of my teams (RnD, Intel, etc) are at Level 70+ and I'm not using Zeke in any Outer Ops mission. I've also completed a lot of missions since I finished the last
Zadornov search mission
but nothing is happening.

Anything else I'm missing here?
How do I fight Zeke?

-Winnie-

Go to Extra Ops 1 and go upstairs.

Haha, I wonder if it was a good idea for KP to hide such a significant chunk of the story like this. Honestly, I only got to the
Zeke fight
by chance.

Oh, and you might want to spoiler tag your post...

duckroll

bernardobri said:
... Huh? So you can't play locally between different versions, yet you can play with different versions using adhoc party? That sounds weird.

He's probably confused (and wrong). The JP and US versions work with each other over multiplayer.

ezekial45

Banned
Just started playing a few days ago, and i'm loving it! :D It's easily on par with MGS3, imo. I'm still getting used to the controls, but they're better than i expected them to be.

Few questions though:

1. Just beat the
Chrysalis
. How far am i into the game? I have close to 10 hours on the clock, and the game is much longer than expected.

2. Should i go ahead and replay the
Pupa and Chrysalis boss fights to collect parts?
From what i understand, you have to collect parts to complete a single piece for Zeke.

3. Confirm or Deny:
Are there any one on one CQC fights or shoot outs with a particular individual boss? I'm not expected anything on the level or The Boss or Volgin, but I'm a little disappointed that all the boss fights so far are just with either Mechs or armored vehicles.

Yen

ezekial45 said:
Just started playing a few days ago, and i'm loving it! :D It's easily on par with MGS3, imo. I'm still getting used to the controls, but they're better than i expected them to be.

Few questions though:

1. Just beat the
Chrysalis
. How far am i into the game? I have close to 10 hours on the clock, and the game is much longer than expected.

2. Should i go ahead and replay the
Pupa and Chrysalis boss fights to collect parts?
From what i understand, you have to collect parts to complete a single piece for Zeke.

3. Confirm or Deny:
Are there any one on one CQC fights or shoot outs with a particular individual boss? I'm not expected anything on the level or The Boss or Volgin, but I'm a little disappointed that all the boss fights so far are just with either Mechs or armored vehicles.
1) About halfway through the main game and after that you have about 60 small missions and 60 helicopter/tank battles in Extra Ops.
2) Wait till you finsh chapter 4.
3) All bosses are Metal Gears or Tanks etc.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
Man I liked this game a lot. I wish it had an online infrastructure similar to Phantasy Star Portable 2. I would've kept playing this game forever.

JEKKI

whoooo~!!!

I started playing this game finally!!

man this game is freakin HARD!!

hard coz my hands get cramped like a mofo while playing!!

>_<

also I think Im logging hella time into the game as well,

coz when I do a mission it's like restart, restart, restart, restart, ...

took me hella tries to beat the first boss lol.

ProudClod

Non-existent Member
JEKKI said:
whoooo~!!!

I started playing this game finally!!

man this game is freakin HARD!!

hard coz my hands get cramped like a mofo while playing!!

>_<

also I think Im logging hella time into the game as well,

coz when I do a mission it's like restart, restart, restart, restart, ...

took me hella tries to beat the first boss lol.

Yeah, a lot of the bosses feel like they were meant to be taken on during co-op. It just gets ridiculous as to how many rockets it takes to take down a boss. You'll equip rocket launchers to both weapon slots, use all of your resupply markers, and then will have to resort to throwing grenades at some point in the game. It's insane. But also immensely gratifying :)

JEKKI

I had 5 rockets, used all of them, and he still wasnt dead!!

I ran around looking for more but couldnt find any, and I was spotted!!

all I had was my tranq gun lol which I used to futon the soldiers before attacking the tank.

I had to finish him off with grenades =P

mehdi_san

Peace Walker is really by far the best game Capcom made this year, and I'm just glad even Japanese video games stores agree with me:
spbtom.jpg

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
mehdi_san said:
Peace Walker is really by far the best game Capcom made this year, and I'm just glad even Japanese video games stores agree with me:
http://i51.tinypic.com/spbtom.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
The guy responsible for that visits GAF.

ezekial45

Banned
ProudClod said:
Guys, just a question. How many GP do I need for the hexagon base, and how do I build it?

I think it's 300,000.

Does anyone have any tips for the mission on the
U.S Missle base? I'm at the part where i'm on alert and have to make my way through several area while fighting off guards. I used up all my rations by the time i reach the end.

ezekial45 said:
I think it's 300,000.

Does anyone have any tips for the mission on the
U.S Missle base? I'm at the part where i'm on alert and have to make my way through several area while fighting off guards. I used up all my rations by the time i reach the end.
Are you wearing the Battle Suit? Stealthing that one is nearly impossible... I gave up trying, wussed out and donned the armour.
:lol

ezekial45

Banned
Blue Submarine No. 6 said:
Are you wearing the Battle Suit? Stealthing that one is nearly impossible... I gave up trying, wussed out and donned the armour.
:lol
I don't remember if i got it. Where do you get it again?

onken

OK I have beat every Ex op with an S rank EXCEPT fucking 75 (5 red skull APC with 36 soldiers). Is it even possible in single player? Stealthing I can do it in about 20 minutes, running around like a lunatic in armor I can do it in about 18, still no S rank. Any tips?

ezekial45 said:
I don't remember if i got it. Where do you get it again?

One of the later main ops. Though the helmet version is a lot better, you get that from clearing the penultimate outer op.

ezekial45

Banned
Thanks, it made that whole sequence much easier. And now I just beat the game. Fantastic game. It's on par with MGS 3. This game has a shit ton of content. I'll be playing this for awhile.

onken

onken said:
OK I have beat every Ex op with an S rank EXCEPT fucking 75 (5 red skull APC with 36 soldiers). Is it even possible in single player? Stealthing I can do it in about 20 minutes, running around like a lunatic in armor I can do it in about 18, still no S rank. Any tips?

Anyone? No?

onken

mehdi_san said:
Have you tried to do it in coop?

Not an option, the couple of people I know with PSPs have no interest in MGS and my PS3 uses wireless so I can't use ad-hoc party.

onken

sotodefonk said:
Do you have a laptop and a crossover Ethernet cable?

I'm not the only one uses this laptop, in any rate it would be a total pain in the ass to pull it all out every time for a bridge connection, not happening.

Anyway, apparently it can be done in single player if you're lucky with drops and use the bandana, I'll just keep at it.

mehdi_san said:
spbtom.jpg

Why do I get the feeling your girlfriend is rolling her eyes there wondering what the fascination is.

onken said:
I don't remember exactly how I did it, but I S-ranked it solo in 16:28. I remember I had smoke grenades, colored smoke grenades, fulton mines, regular fultons, and maybe stealth mats. (not the camo). Throw a smoke grenade at the group (or another one if they're not all in the cloud), place a fulton mine if they're close enough together and shoot the mine (use your NVG). If they're not close enough together hold them all up and fulton them. Throw more smoke grenades if you think they will run out. Stay behind the vehicle, and throw a smoke grenade as soon as more soldiers are deployed. When the captain appears pepper him with your Mk. 22 or mosin nagant.

mehdi_san

Gokurakumaru said:
Why do I get the feeling your girlfriend is rolling her eyes there wondering what the fascination is.
Yeah she didn't get why I needed to take that picture, and I wasn't feeling like explaining to her either :lol

onken said:
Anyway, apparently it can be done in single player if you're lucky with drops and use the bandana, I'll just keep at it.

I just S ranked it in 14:08 on solo, no bandana and no drops or fulton rockets until the commander, which I messed up a bit.

Right at the start before you go to the first 4 guys, run forward a bit from the crate and place 4 magazines on the ground to the right of the road.
When the APC stops to drop off the next 4, they will all run to the magazines, you have just enough time to hold all 4 of them up before the APC turns round and runs them over.
(I might have been lucky that they all went for a different magazine, it was the first time I'd tried it like that)

Most of the rest were taken out just by placing fulton mines 6 feet behind the doors when the commander releases them.

Multiplayer would only help with the speed it takes to remove the commander, as I'm taking most of the guards out within a few seconds of leaving the vehicle.

Don't use the fulton rockets unless it's to remove the final group of guards, it will disturb the commander and slow down the whole process.

ezekial45

Banned
Ok, so i've been doing the
Zadornov missions
. So far, i haven't played online at all. Am i going to have to play online to unlock the rest of them? I'm already on the 4th one.

Also, i'm starting to get full on recruits. Most of them aren't good though. Can the weaker ones get better? Or should i just dispatch them and get some new ones.

EDIT: Oh yeah, i only have over 2k in heroism. Whats the bets what to get more?

ezekial45 said:
Zadornov missions
. So far, i haven't played online at all. Am i going to have to play online to unlock the rest of them? I'm already on the 4th one.

Also, i'm starting to get full on recruits. Most of them aren't good though. Can the weaker ones get better? Or should i just dispatch them and get some new ones.

To unlock the rest of the missions try playing any remaining extra ops, easiest ones first. You should unlock the next few after a while.

Check your soldiers morale gauge, if that's not full they can improve their stats. Aside from that I think they all continue gradually improving in GMP over time.

Heroism: Don't kill people! There might be bonuses for recruiting and getting P.O.Ws, not sure.

ezekial45 said:
Zadornov missions

Nah no online needed for that just keep doing extra Ops and they will pop up.

They will improve a bit but i just got rid of them when i got some higher ranked versions.

To get more heroism its best to never kill as that will decrease it, get some CQC chains and the best way is to do the requirements to get emblems. Go to that screen and read the requirements needed to get them and it will show how much Heroism points it will give you for each success.

Tip: Higher Heroism points can net you higher rank volunteers. Also you can recruit via scanning any wireless access point and the points will affect their stats also.

ezekial45

Banned
I rarely killed anyone. I just use the hush puppy to avoid conflicts. I only ever used CQC chains during alerts phases while surrounded by guards.

Haven't played PW for more than a week. Some of the later extra ops missions are really hard when you're playing alone. I can't finish extra OPS 102 and I want the stealth camo. Any tips?

mehdi_san said:
spbtom.jpg

Damn. :lol

Got the game not long ago since I was going on holiday and would need something for the 5 hour journey, great game.

I have just got to the point where
I escaped the cell after being tortured.

I do have a few questions I need help with though.

1)How do you rank up members of your group, I know you can be a soldier member on extra ops and lvl that way and that random members will lvl up after missions but what about the rest of the teams (R&D ect), can these be lvld up too?
2)Is there a specific way to get members that are good at specific abilities or is it all just luck?

1. If you mean whether Rnd, intel, and the other teams can be "leveled up" after missions, well no. The only way for them to level up is to get better suited soliders for each team. Soldiers who have an S-rank in intel will surely level up your intel team.

2. There are missions where you can repeatedly get soldiers who are good at Rnd, medicine, etc.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just want to say: Anyone having trouble with the MH mission weapon drops, do the "Twlight" variant of them. Took me like 5-6 attempts, but I got my Rath weapon.

Just need the sling and poles and I'm done with the MH shit. Yay.

JEKKI

whooo! beat it last nite!!

finals boss was a pain omg!!! not hard, but takes forever!!!

Im gonna put the game aside for a while, but dang apparently there's hella post-game stuff including more story stuff??

definitely gotta pick it up again later... afters Ys 7!!

Chairhome

Finally beat Ch. 5.
there is no 3rd ending, is there? I love this game, but there's just so much content and I have to start clearing out my backlog, haha. I will go back to it every once in a while though. And I loved the Pooyan missions. Brings me back!

Top Bottom