• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid Delta PS5 Graphical Modes are 4K30FPS and 1080P/30FPS+

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Shocked Season 4 GIF by Power

Venom Snake

I'll buy it either way since i never had a chance to play the original.

Also "higher fps" is better than "lower fps" so.. :messenger_sunglasses:

Last edited:
Saw a preview, it’s exactly the same as original down to the shitty loading screens every five minutes lol, no gameplay deferences, what a waste,

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This is why I've been saying that the PS5 Pro needs Zen 4 to round out the performance boost. Alas...

Nonsense. The game part of MGS3 ran on a PS2, and I highly doubt that the logic and systems will be so expanded upon in this version that it requires that much more than what the PS5 can do 60 times a second.

If its tied to 30 that has to be due to the rendering engine eating resources stupidly.

Last edited:
No 60 means I’m not buying it at launch and waiting until they eventually implement it because you know they will, they usually do.

Astray

Dropping from 4k to 1080p is a steep fucking drop. Makes me wonder how optimized the game actually is.

dotnotbot

That 30+ FPS mode better have frames doubling implemented, otherwise VRR is going to be useless on PS5.

Last edited:

Astray

Game dev makes game, puts it on UE5, gets useless features and runs like shit - many such cases!
Nanite might actually be useful for an MGS3 remake, lots of natural environments in that game that can benefit from it and be done cheaply while looking great.

Mr Moose

Our preview consisted of the first 90 minutes of the game. Before starting we were asked to choose between a 30FPS quality mode which targeted a dynamic 4K resolution, and a performance mode which renders at 1080 and will dynamically scale higher.
Doesn't say it won't be 60fps?

Bernardougf

I've played excellent looking 60fps games this gen already ... theres just no excuse anymore. So not buying if it dosent hit 60 fps

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

The lack of 1440p option on most console games still baffles me.

Also, not being able to keep constant 60fps... come on now, the game doesn't look that good.
Easier to do 4K@30fps and 1080p@60fps. It's a near-identical pixel/bandwidth load.

If a game can do 4K@30 and 1440p@60.... then technically, it has enough overhead to do 4K@40fps.
Dropping from 4k to 1080p is a steep fucking drop. Makes me wonder how optimized the game actually is.
Its not... read above.

Having said that... there is no reason this should not hit 1080p@60... if its really running native 4K@30. I suspect that with regard to the latter, it's not. That 4K@30 is probably 1440p reconstructed to 4K using TAU/FSR2. Thats the only reason the game won't hit 1080p@60.... well that and if its CPU bottlenecked... which I think is highly unlikely.

I've played excellent looking 60fps games this gen already ... theres just no excuse anymore. So not buying if it dosent hit 60 fps
UE5... is a very good excuse actually.

How many very good-looking UE5 games have you seen running at 60fps on consoles?

The simple fact of the matter is that that engine is grossly unoptimized for consoles... or at least... very heavy.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"higher FPS" might actually be pretty good for VRR displays.

The bigger issue is why there's a huge drop from 4K all the way to 1080p for this higher FPS.

Why couldn't they do it in 1440p? How intense is the remake, graphically?

SJRB

Gold Member
Dude I still can’t believe this. This is a 1:1 remake of a fucking PS2 game. These areas are tiny, have maybe 8 enemy npc at most and a handful of animals. There’s literally nothing happening, how the fuck is this not running at 60?

Mr Moose

"higher FPS" might actually be pretty good for VRR displays.

The bigger issue is why there's a huge drop from 4K all the way to 1080p for this higher FPS.

Why couldn't they do it in 1440p? How intense is the remake, graphically?
It's a random Twitter guy, the article doesn't even mention higher fps (it says performance mode). Click baittttt.
Our preview consisted of the first 90 minutes of the game. Before starting we were asked to choose between a 30FPS quality mode which targeted a dynamic 4K resolution, and a performance mode which renders at 1080 and will dynamically scale higher.
Dynamic 1080p and gonna guess 60fps. Doesn't say 30+.

Last edited:
Dude I still can’t believe this. This is a 1:1 remake of a fucking PS2 game. These areas are tiny, have maybe 8 enemy npc at most and a handful of animals. There’s literally nothing happening, how the fuck is this not running at 60?
Unless you're a developer id suggest not making comments like this. This is not a crossgen game like the ones you've been playing this generation so far.

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
CoD has more than one mode.
That 120fps mode is fairly new and I’m talking about quality vs performance mode

COD doesn’t give u that option. And no one ever talks about performance or graphics modes in cod , the devs just deliver a solid mode and it’s accepted

nowhat

That 30+ FPS mode better have frames doubling implemented, otherwise VRR is going to be useless on PS5.
While PS5 does follow the HDMI 2.1 spec, so VRR is automatically available only if the framerate is >= 48fps, developers can, and do, implement their own LFC techniques. But if we're hovering around a bit over 30fps, those aren't going to cut it. This is true for the Series consoles as well, even though the VRR implementation is more developer-friendly.

Mr Moose

That 120fps mode is fairly new and I’m talking about quality vs performance mode

COD doesn’t give u that option. And no one ever talks about performance or graphics modes in cod , the devs just deliver a solid mode and it’s accepted
120fps mode drops the resolution, that's "performance mode". I get what you are saying though, decent res/solid fps.

proandrad

Getting a bit tired of multiple modes on console. I would get a pc if I want to tweak graphics. Just work on what you think will be the best experience.
Even with only 1 mode they wouldn’t default to the best experience. MGS3 remake would end up being 1080p upscaled to 4k at 30fps. It’s always about getting the product out quicker than delivering the best experience. Only Nintendo and Sony first party care about putting in the extra effort at the cost of delaying a game.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
It seems pretty obvious at this point that we're shifting into a 2nd half of the console gen with 30 fps being more common. I guess you can cry about it, or get a PC.

Monster Hunter Wilds
Dragon's Dogma 2
Avowed
Metal Gear Solid Delta
Kingdom Come 2
Hellblade 2

Probably more to come. Just how it is. Best thing they can do is just make sure there's an uncapped mode at least and it'll likely run better next gen. Some might be able to polish it up with work post-launch, like Starfield and Plague Tale 2 did.

Top Bottom