• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

I lost count on the times I played MGS2, somewhere between 12 and 15 times I reckon. I was after all the dogtags on all difficulties and had a total blast playing that game for months on end.

In contrast, I only played MGS3 once... and not even the Subsistence version. I know that's criminal for an MGS fan, and it's not like I didn't love the game, I did.

MGS1 I played several times (including Twin Snakes).

MGS4 I played once and sold my copy afterwards (even though I keep an MGS collection, I didn't want that one to taint my shelf, haha... well it was LE version and I also kinda needed the cash)

I wonder how many times I'll play 5. If GZ is any indication, I think I'm gonna love Phantom Pain, on PS4.

Eios

Anyone know what the deal is with ground zeroes not being on the ps4 store currently? I was going to pre-order digital, but I don't feel like waiting to long.

hypotc

Preordered the US version (need my Shinkawa reversible) from videogamesplus.ca on friday, got shipped today. Hopefully it will arrive in Norway before the weekend. Guess I'll go on a GZ lockdown until then!

I lost count on the times I played MGS2, somewhere between 12 and 15 times I reckon. I was after all the dogtags on all difficulties and had a total blast playing that game for months on end.

In contrast, I only played MGS3 once... and not even the Subsistence version. I know that's criminal for an MGS fan, and it's not like I didn't love the game, I did.

MGS1 I played several times (including Twin Snakes).

MGS4 I played once and sold my copy afterwards (even though I keep an MGS collection, I didn't want that one to taint my shelf, haha... well it was LE version and I also kinda needed the cash)

I wonder how many times I'll play 5. If GZ is any indication, I think I'm gonna love Phantom Pain, on PS4.

I only played MGS3 a few times mostly because I was so burnt out by collecting all the dogtags in MGS2 lol.

Verendus

Banned
For those who have played it:

1) Are you generally enjoying it?

2) What's your ballpark idea of play time to finish the main/side missions?

3) Worth $30?
1) Sure, it was fun for the short time it was playable.

2) I was done and mostly satisfied after 2 hours.

3) No.

Erban1

Digital, yes. PS3 available for pre-order but the rest go day and date with release. (Praying I'm not made a liar)

I really hope you're right and we won't be on Grace Chen time waiting for it to release sometime tomorrow afternoon...I'm looking forward to getting at least an hour of playtime in tonight.

I always thought the US PSN was pretty much whenever they decide to update-oclock on Tuesdays.

ever since they started doing day one digitals almost every game has been released at midnight EST-ish...it is usually like 30 minutes late updating. I got south park off of it when it came out

The pre order bonus isnt really a pre order bonus but a first run bonus right? I should be able to pick this up at Walmart tomorrow and get the stuff assuredly?

MormaPope

Banned
Are you Big Boss? Because you must be wearing an eye-patch to think that.

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I love what each game set out to do. MGS2 back in 2001 was mindblowing in every way, visually, technically, design wise, narrative and themes. MGS3 was the perfect sequel, really different in every way but it still felt like MGS.

Digital, yes. PS3 available for pre-order but the rest go day and date with release. (Praying I'm not made a liar)

I'm going the 360 digital route. I wouldn't hold you accountable if digital versions aren't released at midnight, as each digital marketplace may be run differently. I always appreciate the time you take to read and answer questions in multiple threads.

Typomancer

Neo Member
Currently anxious about whether or not GZ will appear on the PS4 version of PSN tonight at 12:00AM. I’ve searched everywhere for an answer with no conclusive results. My friend, who has been much more in tune with PSN over the years than me, reckons it will appear when PSN updates “tomorrow night” whatever that means.

I got $10 of credit on PSN so it seems like a better idea to get it digitally, but if I can’t even download it tonight, might have to call up the local Gamestop after all and appreciate that sweet reversible cover.

robotrock

Banned
Currently anxious about whether or not GZ will appear on the PS4 version of PSN tonight at 12:00AM. I’ve searched everywhere for an answer with no conclusive results. My friend, who has been much more in tune with PSN over the years than me, reckons it will appear when PSN updates “tomorrow night” whatever that means.

I got $10 of credit on PSN so it seems like a better idea to get it digitally, but if I can’t even download it tonight, might have to call up the local Gamestop after all and appreciate that sweet reversible cover.

Yeah I'm hoping it's there too.

u can contact sony through the playstation live chat about it on their website

That can't be true, though.
I pre-ordered Infamous on PS4 PSN.

To indemnify myself: I said that Sony's policies for qualifying to be listed for pre-order of PS4 are strict right now, less so on PS3. You can see this right now based on the number of available pre-orders for both consoles.

Mikeside

To indemnify myself: I said that Sony's policies for qualifying to be listed for pre-order of PS4 are strict right now, less so on PS3. You can see this right now based on the number of available pre-orders for both consoles.

That's a bit annoying!
You'd think they wouldn't have a problem with allowing pre-orders for games that are so close to coming out.

I guess not allowing doesn't leave them open to people demanding refunds based on "omg, this screenshot doesn't look as good as the last ones"

Typomancer

Neo Member
Chat log from a conversation I just had with Playstation support, says that they have no information/update about when the digital PS4 version of MGS GZ will be available:

Rafael H.: Hi, my name is Rafael H.. How may I help you?

David: Hey Rafael, I was wondering if Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will be able to be purchased tonight at 12:00AM?

David: On the PS Store, that is.

Rafael H.: I see, David. I'd be happy to look into this for you today.

Rafael H.: On the Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zero is going to be available tomorrow for the PS3.

Rafael H.: At this moment you can only have the pre-order David.

David: Ah, I meant the Playstation 4 version, sorry for not clarifying. I know it is not appearing as available for preorder on the PS4 version of the PS Store, but I was wondering how soon the digital version will be available to purchase for the PS4.

Rafael H.: Yes, this is going to depend on the game developer David, at the moment the PS3 version is the only digital version that we are going to sell on the store.

Rafael H.: For PS4 the game disc version will be available.

Rafael H.: There is no an update from the developer about a digital version for the game at this moment David.

David: I see. I was hoping to get the digital PS4 version as soon as possible since I have a $10 credit, but if it won’t be available tomorrow then I guess I will have to get a physical copy.

Rafael H.: Yes, for the PS4 there is no digital version yet David.

David: Thank you for your time, Rafael. That answers my question. Have a great rest of your day.

Rafael H.: You are welcome David.

Rafael H.: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

David: No, thank you. Good bye.

Rafael H.: Thank you for contacting PlayStation Chat Support, there is a brief survey at the end of this session. Once we disconnect, please feel free to answer some questions regarding your chat experience with us.

So I guess I’m going to continue the tradition of getting MGS games in their boxes, despite my best intentions of going all-digital for the PS4. I’m coming for you, reversible cover.

emko

so Sony just does not want Metal Gear to take some pre orders away from Infamous right? why else offer it on the PS3 where Infamous is only PS4?

RedAssedApe

Banned
If it says ready and waiting pick it up. Mine says will bbe ready for pickup Tuesday March 18

In the e-mail itself it lists that I can't pick it up until tomorrow -_-

note that i bought it using my brothers gamers reward zone account and designated myself as the picker upper. so i guess that accounts for the discrepancy. my bro said he got an e-mail as well but the subject line is "Good news. Your order will be ready for pickup on Tuesday, March 18, 2014"

emko

Chat log from a conversation I just had with Playstation support, says that they have no information/update about when the digital PS4 version of MGS GZ will be available:

So I guess I’m going to continue the tradition of getting MGS games in their boxes, despite my best intentions of going all-digital for the PS4. I’m coming for you, reversible cover.

Wow are they saying PS4 digital is not going to happen on release?

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Does the graphics and framerate worth paying the extra bucks for the ps4 version?

Both have their strengths and weaknesses, and I love what each game set out to do. MGS2 back in 2001 was mindblowing in every way, visually, technically, design wise, narrative and themes. MGS3 was the perfect sequel, really different in every way but it still felt like MGS.

This is a good post. I think every Metal Gear Solid game, whether they are loved or hated, should be applauded for not being afraid to be different.

MGS2 - Different main character
MGS3 - Jungle setting, food & wounds system
MGS4 - Five different locations with breaks in-between
MGS: PO - first to use a mission based format and the ability to recruit, and play as, many different characters (outside of Metal Gear Online)
MGS: PW - base management and a heavy emphasis on extra content (Extra Ops, collectable briefing files), and the first to have a hidden, second ending
MGS: GZ/TPP - open world

But who was expecting that?

I'll clarify this, I wasn't expecting the story length of PW, but a little more variety with side ops. PW had a lot of short side / extra ops that include clearing out enemies, sneaking through areas with time limits, and crazy ideas with other props. Its disappointing to get PW style MGS with less then 10 extras.

Top Bottom