• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes |OT| Kaz, I'm already a demo

Alienous

Wonder if Hard Mode adds more enemies to the base. I'd love that. Just litter the place with more of them and better eyesight.

I hope it greatly increases their view distance. In daylight you should be spottable at any level distance where you can also see them. That should cause a '?' state. It would really emphasize the difference between night and day gameplay, where during night gameplay a guard's flashlight symbolises their vision cone.

The blind guard issue is such an immersion breaker. Hard mode shouldn't pull any punches.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I keep spoiling myself on these Twitch streams only to be met with people seemingly incapable of knowing how to do proper stealth. It's like they have never played MGS. I have a feeling I'll be clamoring for videos of perfect runs of this game well after I've played the crap out of it.

There are S rank videos out there already. Good stuff.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
I too would like to see the S Rank videos.

Also, I'm looking forward to people showing me where all the enemies are for the challenges. There is one bastard out there who keeps hiding from me.

Was going to cancel mine but it just dispatched (UK - ASDA).... Oh well, guess I'll have to enjoy myself!

What's the consensus on this so far from those that have played it?

jett

D-Member
It's too bad KojiPro didn't focus on next-gen. We got a game that just looks "all right" on both console generations. PS4Bone does have dat 60fps, at least.

Konami is taking down the videos, so search YouTube for Ground Zeroes S Rank and filter only videos uploaded Today. That way you're likely to find ones that haven't been taken down yet.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Ugh...my e-mail from Best Buy said "Good news. Your order is ready and waiting" in the subject line. But can't pick up until tomorrow. Tease!

For those who have played it:

1) Are you generally enjoying it?

2) What's your ballpark idea of play time to finish the main/side missions?

3) Worth $30?

1. I am enjoying it, but I am feeling the lack of content.
2. the replay value is mild, I only see 6 missions including the main story, but its artificially lengthened by difficulty and collectibles.
3. I would say no, its worth $20 at best, but its up to you. I am pretty disappointed in what this is. its too short and lacking content to be equivalent to peace walker, and tiny taste of MGSV PP (probably the equivalent of MGS3 Virtuous Mission).

2. the replay value is mild, I only see 6 missions including the main story, but its artificially lengthened by difficulty and collectibles.
3. I would say no, its worth $20 at best, but its up to you. I am pretty disappointed in what this is. its too short and lacking content to be equivalent to peace walker, and tiny taste of MGSV PP (probably the equivalent of MGS3 Virtuous Mission).

I have this pre-ordered but they were my concerns. I am wondering whether to pickup Rayman Legends or MGS given that I can get them for the same price.

Loving the look of MGS so far though, especially the interactions with the guards.

Have there been any impressions on the Raiden mission yet?

cackhyena

But who was expecting that?

FrankWza

Saw on ign the reason for no platinum is............$

Needs to be a full price game. Funny how everything ends up being about money.

JayEH

Sony's reasoning for there not being a platinum is dumb. Kojima claims they won't let him do it since GZ is not a full price release but PSN games have trophies and so did the MGS collection which retailed at $40.

I'm not sure what this is supposed to mean.

https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/445506470801846272

Dg4CTpA.png

It means he's lying, simple as that.

Alienous

I discussed that, probably only a few posts before or after the one you quoted.

It's something that Sony decides on. And Resogun, being a Playstation exclusive game, probable is more favourably viewed content-wise than Ground Zeroes.

And no, I don't think Ground Zeroes deserves a platinum trophy, just like DLCs such as 'Left Behind' for The Last of Us don't deserve platinum trophies. Perhaps Resogun doesn't deserve one, but it has one, because Sony decided to allow it to. But I agree with Sony that Ground Zeroes doesn't deserve one.

It means he's lying, simple as that.

No, it doesn't. Sony probably deem Ground Zeroes a 'small content game' and therefore don't allow it to have a platinum trophy.

Top Bottom