• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V SPOILER THREAD| [EXTR3ME] Such a lust for conclusion, T-WHHOOOO

It's all been planned by Kojima.

MGS Community expecting Christmas Day release date announcement:
Kojima's shirt says "The 22nd and the 6th", written in Swedish. This was a reference to Herman Melville's sixth book, Moby Dick. Chapter 22 of Moby Dick is titled "Merry Christmas". Coincidence? NO.

[Kojima Station arrives Christmas Day]
>Kojima unwraps gifts
>Kojima shows off Ground Zeroes running on PC, a week after its release
>Kojima fists Hai Lady live on air
>Kojima unwraps gifts
>Kojima reveals Chicken Hat

MGS Community's response:
"Guys, the day isn't over yet!"

👏👀✨

sappyday

New thread. New place for me to tell everyone how much I hate Quiet.

Also fuck Big Boss. What a wimp. Kojima is also a wimp for liking him more than Solid Snake just cause Bigg Boss is an actual "human bean."

Ashura_MX

Love and peace ya'll

SUgDDG6.jpg

1.- Trigun ftw
2.- Wuuuh Ruse cruise destination Seychelles

dadjumper

Woops, could've sworn I was posting in this thread, here's what I put in the last thread:

dadjumper said:
Forgive me if this has been discussed, but can someone explain the whole "V has come to" thing? I assume this was being said over the phone to Cipher, but it doesn't make sense to me since it was Big Boss that had woken up from his real coma and not Venom waking up from his induced coma, right? So why do they call him V? Is this explained?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm gonna share this post here since everyone is post game anyway and might be able to appreciate this.

I found a cheat table thanks to a helpful pal in the Quiet clothing mod thread. The cheat table allows you FULL weapon customization.

I've been havin a REAL good time making some frankenweapons and I think they looks cool as all hell.

mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_22_21_26_269_by_aloooo81-d9bq75h.jpg

Here's my air pistol with a sleep grenade underbarrel.

mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_22_20_04_955_by_aloooo81-d9bq6wl.jpg

This is a SUPER short Kbarga auto shotgun.

mgsvtpp_2015_10_02_22_18_50_037_by_aloooo81-d9bq6x0.jpg

Cheat engine table download. When selecting parts, there will be ~50 or so parts. If it hasn't gone through everything in that category, you can back out - hit the Numpad + key, then enter back in the category and more options will be available.

When done reset it back to 0 to get back to the start for the next category.

These are super fun to mess around with.

Arttemis

MGS3 is all I need to continue considering Big Boss the most bad ass. The gameplay in MGSV was impeccable, too, and since Venom is Big Boss, that's another point in BB's corner for me.

Now, all I want is MGR2.

Angel_DvA

Her appearance was a series of hallucinations brought on by his guilt as the medic that failed to find the second bomb in Ground Zeroes. It served as another hint toward his true identity on the chance you weren't already aware he wasn't the real Big Boss (Ishmael).

That make sense, thanks.

Unless the Truth tapes are also all made up by Venom Snake, I highly doubt it. All of the true ending would have to be made up too.

Yeah it's too much to be it.

dadjumper

That's the code for "Venom has come to, it's time to put the plan in motion" for Ocelot and Miller.

Oh, so this was being said to someone from Diamond Dogs and not Cipher? Makes sense. I took it to be a call to Skull Face to put the plan in motion to send Quiet after Big Boss.

Woops, could've sworn I was posting in this thread, here's what I put in the last thread:
Venom awakening meant Big Boss could begin capitalizing on his doppelganger master plan. Symbolically, Venom Snake is arguably the fifth carnation of the code name that we're aware of at this time following the legacy of Naked Snake/Big Boss: Solid, Liquid, Solidus, Raiden (initially), and Punished/Venom.

Why does Skullface go for that Lone Ranger look anyway? Do they ever talk about that?
Probably just a rad thing Shinkawa drew, and they wanted something to show the passage of time for nine years so sure, why the hell not.

Alternately, could have been ANYONE under that mask. Keeps the door open for a future retcon if things went well.

RowdyReverb

Probably just a rad thing Shinkawa drew, and they wanted something to show the passage of time for nine years so sure, why the hell not.

Alternately, could have been ANYONE under that mask. Keeps the door open for a future retcon if things went well.
Always have an escape route planned, as they say

I came to see Big Boss turn into a demon and instead I got Big Boss turning into kind of a pussy hypocrite coward and some random medic turn into a guy who rescues child soldiers and animals from active battlefields, spares the shitlord Huey's pathetic life, and (based on the no nukes video) understands the Boss's will better than anyone who actually knew her.

But it's okay because I got what was basically a lap dance every time I went to the ACC for most of the game.

I can't believe nobody on the development team thought about how boring it is to sit in a helicopter every single mission for 30 seconds staring out into nothingness before finally being able to get out of it.

Need some help. Showed all 10 photos to Paz and still can't trigger the final cutscene. Thoughts?

The final picture's in the hallway that leads to her room. Very easy to miss.

Verder

so like i uh just wanted to see if im not the only person thinking..

quiet straight up loves venom snake? or atleast is fond of him?

i just got over the rain scene with them

I can't believe nobody on the development team thought about how boring it is to sit in a helicopter every single mission for 30 seconds staring out into nothingness before finally being able to get out of it.

The final picture's in the hallway that leads to her room. Very easy to miss.

You're a prince/princess. Thanks.

usp84

Need some help. Showed all 10 photos to Paz and still can't trigger the final cutscene. Thoughts?

There.. .. is another in my.. .. . Errrrr in the corridor outside her room i mean!

On the wall on the right grab it and go in her room again

sappyday

Yup. Something like that. Pretty stupid. Has no weight behind it.

BadWolf

Likes? Maybe.

Respects? Definitely.

Fuccckkkkkk if Hayter's voice was in the end of 46. Internet would have exploded. Haha, oh well.

For a moment... I actually believed, my ears were all perked up.

New thread. New place for me to tell everyone how much I hate Quiet.

Also fuck Big Boss. What a wimp. Kojima is also a wimp for liking him more than Solid Snake just cause Bigg Boss is an actual "human bean."
What's wrong with quiet other than how she's dressed? She and kaz are the best characters in the game imo

J.EM1

Pretty much how I saw it, although I'm still trying to figure out why she loves him.

Fuccckkkkkk if Hayter's voice was in the end of 46. Internet would have exploded. Haha, oh well.
It would've been a nice touch, but Kojima can't divorce his masturbatory desire to become closer to Hollywood based on his casting of Norman Reedus in the scrapped P.T./Silent Hills demonstration and the initial plans to re-cast Raiden during production of the ill-fated Metal Gear Rising in both English/Japanese territories.

KOMANI

KOMANI
It would've been a nice touch, but Kojima can't divorce his masturbatory desire to become closer to Hollywood based on his casting of Norman Reedus in the scrapped P.T./Silent Hills demonstration and the initial plans to re-cast Raiden during production the ill-fated Metal Gear Rising in both English/Japanese territories.
Really? They were going to replace Flynn? Hmm.

yuraya

A third spoiler thread has to be a GAF record. Right?

This game will go down as the greatest thing ever in few years. Everyone is pissed now but over time they'll remember all the great stuff about it. This is how game of the generations leave their mark. Kojima is a legend.

A third spoiler thread has to be a GAF record. Right?

This game will go down as the greatest thing ever in few years. Everyone is pissed now but over time they'll remember all the great stuff about it. This is how game of the generations leave their mark. Kojima is a legend.

The actual game is fantastic. One of the best ever. The unfinished nature of some aspects of the game's story are what will always mar it, I think.

Really? They were going to replace Flynn? Hmm.
Apparently. Quinton Flynn stated in an interview that he hadn't been asked back to reprise the role even around the time when the E3 2010 trailer (Metal Gear Solid: Rising) was publicly unveiled. It wasn't until Kojima Productions' canned their effort and tossed the project over to Platinum Games that he was brought on board.

KOMANI

KOMANI
I mean yeah they're just Foxhound coats, but I thought it was an interesting little detail none the less.
It's definitely interesting, you're right.
Apparently. Quinton Flynn stated in an interview that he hadn't been asked back to reprise the role even around the time when the E3 2010 trailer (Metal Gear Solid: Rising) was publicly unveiled. It wasn't until Kojima Productions' canned their effort and tossed the project over to Platinum Games that he was brought on board.
I don't get the hate for Rising. Platinum Games hit it out of the park with their choices. They had just a tight deadline too.

What's wrong with quiet other than how she's dressed? She and kaz are the best characters in the game imo

How she acts in the ACC? Her main arc revolving around her falling in love with a mute for no reason other than it's the main character? Her refusal to communicate nonverbally for no reason? (and don't give me that "Kaz would have her killed" bullshit, he was already 100% convinced she was a Cipher agent, and besides, Big Boss overruled Kaz when he wanted to kill Huey, so why wouldn't he do it for Quiet?)

Quiet is a terrible character. I'm convinced the only reason people like her is that one scene where she does flips 'n' shit.

Top Bottom