• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain |OT2| A Franchise Robbed Of Its Future

LeonSPBR

65dufz.gif

PARTY HARD

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
So how do you know how to
quarantine the infected at mother base when the infection is spreading?
Late 20's mission spoilers.

Here is a tip
look at all of the stats and traits of the people who are symptomatic and quarantine every member of MB who has similarities to them

Here is a bigger tip
it's a language

Here is the solution:
Quarantine every member who speaks kikongo

It said some1 was retaliating against my FoB but i didn't get an option to stop them, am i missing something or was it just a warning.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to reiterate, that please, for people like me who want to play the game in the same way you people did, DON'T POST SPOILERS.

Some have demonstrated to not know how to tag them properly, or not even tagging them at all.

In game with hundreds of missions, just posting " I love that the game is easy when Snake gets
X thing
" without even indicating is an early or late game spoiler is just frustrating for some people. Thanks.

robotrock

Banned
Question about side ops that aren't labeled IMPORTANT SIDE OPS: Can I grind these out and listen to a podcast or something? Or are they filled with cool MGS lore

Quick question: is the "download from ground zeroes" thing a one time use? Or can I go back and finish some stuff from that game and redownload?

DNAbro

I bought the game a few hours ago and after 90 minutes I asked for a refund. I know I would probably love the gameplay but I can’t get past the intro, I feel very frustrated when a game constantly gives and takes away the control from me and this intro is just that. A shame.

That's really dumb to be honest. Literally the only part of the game like that. Especially considering you should have probably finished the intro by that point.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This is NOT how you do fucking spoiler tags.

Jesus fucking Christ.

I'm out of this thread.

Yep, thought it was RPG's, sneaking suit, but no, had to put the fucking twist right there.

I bought the game a few hours ago and after 90 minutes I asked for a refund. I know I would probably love the gameplay but I can’t get past the intro, I feel very frustrated when a game constantly gives and takes away the control from me and this intro is just that. A shame.

apBRX75_460sa.gif

Okay, I'll ask this in spoilers since it's been hinting at obviously enough on this forum in different threads that it might as well have been made obvious at this point but I'd love to be wrong, someone please answer as to whether or not (ENDING spoiler speculation):
The character we play as throughout the game is Big Boss or an imposter

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
OH GOD, LEARN HOW TO TAG. EDIT: I really got to try to quit this thread.

Soulflarz

Banned
So I'm guessing anyone spazzing over that picture completely missed my post not even 10 above saying I've learned how to clip out of the map.

Well, guess I should clarify now since people are worried I mentioned a plot detail- that wasn't serious.

DrBo42

How do I become Smelly Big Boss? I want to see that bucket cutscene from the demo. I've tried just running missions over and over but it looks like I get washed off by the rain lol.

PreFire

So the DLC with the Fox tattooed staff is lame. They give you shitty people, with foxes tattooed on their faces.

So when you unlock them, so they can go out in the field and rank up, Miller fucking dismisses them. Ridiculous.

These aren't staff members that you can just find. They're unique and now two of them are permanently gone. Wtf

Soulflarz

Banned
How do I become Smelly Big Boss? I want to see that bucket cutscene from the demo. I've tried just running missions over and over but it looks like I get washed off by the rain lol.

Dumpster diving. I hid in one for all of three seconds before I remembered that was a thing, bailed out of the dumpster. Was too late ;-;

No but really jokes aside, MGSV is easy once snake gets access to
his psychokinesis powers, since it kind of breaks the game :V

For situations like this at least :3
http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...393/A227FB9C2B357D9B096897062F7E4DAEEE47D395/

Better screenshot of what it can do http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...311/D49A0893A98581CAA944FCE2CE344D86D308A27B/

Yeah you should specify it as a joke because people can seriously take it as a spoiler which is not lol.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
So I'm guessing anyone spazzing over that picture completely missed my post not even 10 above saying I've learned how to clip out of the map.

Well, guess I should clarify now since people are worried I mentioned a plot detail- that wasn't serious.

Oh god damn it man. I almost lost it

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I feel dumb now :p

Soulflarz

Banned
I feel dumb now :p

I had a PM waiting to tell you to not worry >_>

Weird as hell to clip out of the map. I'm not sure it fully loaded, the small bed of water was dry too. I feel like the ground floor was just raised a foot or lowered or something, because nothing was natural?
You can't really do anything when clipped, the enemies can still shoot you and vice versa, and theres a floor level maybe 2 feet below the rocks.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
The most enraging thing in this game is the fact that NOTHING CHECK POINTS YOU ON MOTHER BASE LITERALLY FUCKING NOTHING

I did all of the target practice things and then fell off the RND platform AGAIN because it's horribly designed and now i've gotta do all 7 of them again. UGHASDJKAHDJKASHDJKAH

is there a way to tell which outposts you have cleared? I just noticed there were achievements for clearing them all. I just ran into one, killed everyone, blew up a truck that was driving in...but it didnt say outpost captured or anything.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Question: so snake and ocelot go from being rivals in snake eater, to being buddies in MGSV. How did this happen?

They were buddies long before MGSV.

Ocelot, Zero, Eva, Paramedic, Sigint, and Big Boss founded the Patriots in 1970 using the Philosophers Legacy.

Ōkami

BIg episode 43 spoilers.

That was an amazing mission, holy shit.

Wish more lf the game had that, just indoor scenes it was great. The mission itself felt like something straight out a Resident Evil game, bodies, blood it was all there, and it was excellent.

Finally some emotion in the game too, really felt sorry for having to shoot my people, especially the omes that saluted me as they asked me to shoot them, even teared up a little bit.

Chapter 2 is pretty underwhelming so far, but episode 43 has to be one of the best parts of the game.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
is there a way to tell which outposts you have cleared? I just noticed there were achievements for clearing them all. I just ran into one, killed everyone, blew up a truck that was driving in...but it didnt say outpost captured or anything.

It will pop up with an outpost cleared +30 Heroism. You can redo them over and over so it might be hard to track, just go by the numbers.

Dunno. The menus aren't very intuitive for me.i see something that says 20/30 next to a people symbol, but to the left of that it says people x 26. It's early so I'll keep playing. What's a Fulton?

Haha, pay attention more! Fultons are the balloons you use to extract people. I bet you are out of them. Call in a supply drop.

Viexi

Banned
Its cool how Kojima puts in all those easter egg stuff, in his previous works.
But is also impressive how people find these things.

Also seeing people being creative and trying new ways to beat missions.
Someone releasing a bear in an enemy base was mind blowing.
Why couldn't I think of that...

The depth of this game really changes depending on the users creativity.
And thats what impresses me.
How do you even bear in this game? Is it a supply drop?

DrSlek

Does Pequod just get blind fucking drunk on Mother Base? Why can he not fly in a straight fucking line between platforms?

Top Bottom