• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metallica fans, is this the year of our content?

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

I hope this is not another forced metal album. I want them to make an album they all wanna make.

They will never reach the level of master of puppets so it's no point in even trying to do it.

Kuros

Whatever it's like musically I just hope the production doesn't sound like complete shit again.

The guitars will sound the same, but hopefully not brickwalled.

I wish James would sod off his Diesel amps in his sound and go back to Boogies exclusively.

The guitars will sound the same, but hopefully not brickwalled.

I wish James would sod off his Diesel amps in his sound and go back to Boogies exclusively.

They have absolutely never used Boogies exclusively in the studio. They've always used Marshalls and Black Album on probably an absolute ton of different amps, and I believe a lot of the cleans are a Roland JC120. And it's not like Diesel amps aren't awesome.

Kuros

They have absolutely never used Boogies exclusively in the studio. They've always used Marshalls and Black Album on probably an absolute ton of different amps, and I believe a lot of the cleans are a Roland JC120. And it's not like Diesel amps aren't awesome.

MoP is a MK2C+ thru a Marshall power stage, as is Justice (tho with horrible EQ) You can literally make the MoP sound with a 2C+ and the relevant parametric EQ.

I personally hate the diesels as i don't like the glassy sound they have and feel their sound was better in the 80's/90's.

Exodust

Banned
I can believe it.
Hype rising though. Metalsucks was also reporting that Lars said it's more in vane of Master of Puppets so, cautiously hyped.

He always says that.

Anyway, Metallica is my Star Wars. I'm in regardless of quality. It's always at least interesting to see what they put out and what are the diamonds in the rough.

Exodust

Banned
I hope we get a single soon of the October 14th date is to be believed, along with some Cover art. I doubt they'll wait till September to reveal a METALLICA album coming out a month later.

They can if they want to. Most big artists now release albums out of nowhere now a days. So I don't see how they can't wait.

gwailo

Banned
Saw them on Saturday - good show. They played about 20 songs, mostly the usual standards but they pulled put a couple of deeper tracks like Leper Messiah.

Saw them on Saturday - good show. They played about 20 songs, mostly the usual standards but they pulled put a couple of deeper tracks like Leper Messiah.

You were at the show in Minneapolis? Insert fucking jealous gif....
How was the new song for all the people there?

gwailo

Banned
People seemed to like it, but it wasn't any big surprise as 93x has been playing the song a lot.

Not too many complaints about the band but the new stadium has a lot of kinks to work out like 30 minute long bathroom lines and echoey sound in the upper decks.

Accoun

Not exactly "new" content, but there's some footage of the cancelled Metallica vehicular combat game some of you might remember from the teaser trailer available on the St. Anger CD. Of course, it's an early build, so it's basically a one (large) level gameplay playground, but it's still nice to see.

(video by GAF's Borman)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVNzRs2mNh8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom