• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio Demo is dropping today on Consoles and Steam at 9 AM/11AM PT

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Update 3:

The demo is live now on all applicable platforms in all regions.

Update 2:

The demo has been officially announced, is already live in Japan, South Korea, Hong Kong etc.

Western pages not live yet but expected to go live in a few hours.

A Hong Kong version with English support can be downloaded from its store links here:

Update:

Demo tile also discovered

GYReEziaIAAo8O1.png

Original:

Translated info from Era.

The tweet has now been deleted, looks like someone jumped the gun early.

Korean official Atlus account posted info on the Metaphor:ReFantazio prologue demo early before it got deleted. Thankfully I was able to see it before it got deleted
There is Atlus TGS media briefing for Metaphor in about 2 hours and I assume the demo will be announced there.
According to the post, the demo is coming out:

MS - 9/25 3PM
Playstation - 9/25 4PM
Steam - 9/26 1AM
the time may be different for western reelase.

GYStAAyakAEzmOl

Last edited:

adamsapple

Demo should be going live 'now' on all platforms per this tweet.

60GB. Covers the prologue of the game. Save data will carry over to the final game as well.

XsLsMF7.png

GymWolf

Gold Member
Great news, i need to see if the world, characters and lore are intruiguing or not.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Direct store links for the Asian version, should support English (hopefully).

Western store links not live yet. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:

RaZoR No1

Is it just the beginning part or is there something else?
If it is just the beginning, I can wait until the full release

adamsapple

Is it just the beginning part or is there something else?
If it is just the beginning, I can wait until the full release

Just the beginning, sounds like it's the same deal like the Trails into Daybreak demo.

The starting of the game and you can seamlessly continue from that point onward when the final game releases.

cireza

Will try it. Should be a good way to tell if the game is going to waste my time with dumb shit, or if it will actually be interesting.

MudoSkills

Volcano High Alumnus (Cum Laude)
As a PS4 peasant, digital only means I'll be waiting for a heavy discount on this. Definitely grabbing the demo when I can!

RaZoR No1

Just the beginning, sounds like it's the same deal like the Trails into Daybreak demo.

The starting of the game and you can seamlessly continue from that point onward when the final game releases.
Then I will wait :D
I really hope that this demo will convince more people into getting Atlus Stuff

adamsapple

Then I will wait :D
I really hope that this demo will convince more people into getting Atlus Stuff

For me, it's good that I'll get to sample both PS5 and XB versions of the demo in case I need to make last minute changes, though it looks like a game with simple tech carried by strong art, I expect both PS and XB to run it at or near 4K/60 without issues.

RaZoR No1

For me, it's good that I'll get to sample both PS5 and XB versions of the demo in case I need to make last minute changes, though it looks like a game with simple tech carried by strong art, I expect both PS and XB to run it at or near 4K/60 without issues.
It is the Xbox Version for me.
Even if I should stop playing on Xbox sometime in the future, nearly all Atlus games have Cross-Buy and I can play them later on PC

Skifi28

I would have expected that at first, but most official footage I've seen looks very aliased. Either it's running 1440p or lower, or their AA is absolute crap.

Top Bottom