• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio Demo is dropping today on Consoles and Steam at 9 AM/11AM PT

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Mid 80's is my guess.
How about high 90s?

EdZXvFpWAAA5L6j.jpg

I'm probably not starting this until beating SH2, which itself could be by the 20th or so.

And then Ys Nordics comes just a few more days after that, and then Life is Strange, Dragon Age, Shitterhead etc etc.

This next 30 day window has so many fucking games I want to play, not sure when I will get the time.

Yeah Im shifting a few games to Nov -Dec since those look like empty months for me besides Stalker 2 and Indy. Just Sh2, life is stange and dragon age for this month while finishing Astro Bot and Starfield Shattered Space.
Planning one big jrpg after Dragon Age though, either Metaphor or Infinite Wealth.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Famitsu gave it a 37/40 so I’m guessing it will get mid to high 80s atleast? I really enjoyed the demo. Only complaint would be that I wish the game was using UE5 like P3R.

Go_Ly_Dow

Famitsu gave it a 37/40 so I’m guessing it will get mid to high 80s atleast? I really enjoyed the demo. Only complaint would be that I wish the game was using UE5 like P3R.
P3R is UE4 but yes I agree probs would have produced better IQ.

Considering the main P5 devs made Metaphor I guess that's why they carried on using the in house tools.

Renoir

As far as the game. Going around looking everywhere, killing everything.
Is it one of those games the drops are horrendous, and im better off buying equipment in the shop ? Or keep exploring and find good equipment?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
As far as the game. Going around looking everywhere, killing everything.
Is it one of those games the drops are horrendous, and im better off buying equipment in the shop ? Or keep exploring and find good equipment?
I would say just like most Persona/SMT you find equipment through chests you find in dungeons and you get items are exclusively made to be sold in shops the use the money the get equipment.

Another thing is now each part member have different weapons for each jobs, you might be buying multiple weapons for each character, so money is even more important in this game.

Last edited:

Renoir

I would say just like most Persona/SMT you find equipment through chests you find in dungeons and you get items are exclusively made to be sold in shops the use the money the get equipment.

Another thing is now each part member have different weapons for each jobs, you might be buying multiple weapons for each character, so money is even more important in this game.
damn. sound like strong grind. the enemies are dropping nickels.
As far as stats i picked the answer for my main guy to have Str. but now i feel like i should have gave him a boost in Mag.. do i just have to start over? Or his fine with str? Now that u said i get loot from chest , should i go with luck?

Danjin44

As far as stats i picked the answer for my main guy to have Str. but now i feel like i should have gave him a boost in Mag.. do i just have to start over? Or his fine with str? Now that u said i get loot from chest , should i go with luck?
That depends what class you want him to focus on, do you want him give more Mage class or Warrior class.

With most SMT games I usually go with strength build but maybe this time I make my MC magic build since both Strohl and Hulkenberg already cover strength.

I also would put more points towards Ag which make my character dodge attack more often.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Either dump intro STR or MAG. Never both. Not in Atlus games. And most games really LOVE to use STR.

Quick rundown on what stats do in this game.

ST - Increase physical damage from abilities and basic attacks
MA - Increase spell damage from all magic attacks
EN - Take less damage from incoming attacks
AG - Increase hit, dodge, escape rates
LK - Increase rate of finding items, increases critical hit rate for physical attacks

Also note that your Archetype also gives you stats based on that archetype.

Will be doing a Magic build so probably MA/AG build for me.

For you I'd suggest heavy ST investment, some EN and LK if you are going with a Strength build.

Though I wonder if stacking EN would make a Mage a Tank.

Danjin44

Though I wonder if stacking EN would make a Mage a Tank.
I dont think thats good idea based on MAG class description they naturally have low defence, thats why you put them back row instead of front.

Hulkenberg has less STR compare to Strohl but she has high EN and her default class has skill thats makes enemies target her, so she is natural tank build.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I dont think thats good idea based on MAG class description they naturally have low defence, thats why you put them back row instead of front.

Hulkenberg has less STR compare to Strohl but she has high EN and her default class has skill thats makes enemies target her, so she is natural tank build.
I'm just curious on effectiveness if at all. I think EN is just going to be used to smooth over damage and it's mostly going to be a STR or MAG dump as usual.

We will know more once we learn how many Attribute points we actually have to spend.

P3R is UE4 but yes I agree probs would have produced better IQ.

Considering the main P5 devs made Metaphor I guess that's why they carried on using the in house tools.

There's no excuse for this to be so aliased though, esp on a PS5. Persona 5 didn't look like that running on a PS4 Pro so why does this have such crappy IQ on a frickin PS5?? I'm at the end of my rope with Atlus where Im like, if you want to disregard image quality like this then i'm not buying your damn game.

The only valid strategies for most SMT players will be to stack STR or MAG

STR builds tend to be weaker in the early game when magic can still hit all weakness. Later on when there are more magics than skill slots, STR builds based on consistently hitting crits will be stronger. This goes double on late game bosses which simply have no weaknesses

MAG builds start off stronger but fall off in the later game. Most MAG build players find they are more in a support role later which is fine if your demons or party members are strong in offense. It's also more consistent for you to play the healer and buffer/debuffer in some fights

There will be items that lets you reset your allocated skill points so don't sweat too much in the early game, try out STR builds and MAG builds and you can just change it up in the later game if you aren't liking the play style

Little Mac

Gold Member
There will be items that lets you reset your allocated skill points so don't sweat too much in the early game, try out STR builds and MAG builds and you can just change it up in the later game if you aren't liking the play style

Good to know. Do you think there will be a way to rename the main character’s name to Will?

Also is there rewards for playing on harder difficulties?

Last edited:
Finished the demo. I stopped immediately after the in-game message. I figure I'll save discovering all the activities and such for the full game.

Every game should have a demo like this, where your progress carries over. It got me to buy Trials of Mana and Octopath Traveler. It certainly finalized the sale on this game.

Fantastic game. I only have two complaints. First, the overall graphical quality is good, but it needs some sort of filter to soften it. It's far too sharp. I wonder what resolution it uses? It's rock solid 60fps, so no complaints there.

Second, someone from Sony needs to send a team to all these JRPG developers and teach them how to use HDR. I am so tired of every Sega, Falcom, etc game running in SDR. HDR support was added in 2016. Why do these Japanese developers refuse to add it?

Good to know. Do you think there will be a way to rename the main character’s name to Will?

Also is there rewards for playing on harder difficulties?
Demo's not that long, just restart and play as Will if you want his canon name

If you change the language, it resets both your name and MC's name to a generic default but if you change it back it remembers what you input

The reward for playing on harder difficulty is the satisfaction of winning against insurmountable odds

StereoVsn

PC bros, went to check the Special K fix thread on the Steam forum page and apparently Atlus has already fixed the issues and the patch is no longer needed.

Canon name seems to be Will, so I'll most probably go with that.

Specially since my actual name, if translated to english, is also Will.
Oh, I need to try it again. Can it at least hold 60fps on a decent card (not 4090)?

I also assume still no AA, DLSS, etc?

Top Bottom