• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metaphor: ReFantazio Demo is dropping today on Consoles and Steam at 9 AM/11AM PT

brenobnfm

Guess I'll address my own complaint here

The reason this game still uses the P5 engine instead of UE is because it quite literally started development in 2016 after the completion of P5. Both P3R and SMTV actually began and finished development after this project begun and before it ended, which is why they were on UE because Atlus decided to switch to UE after Metaphor started. The Metaphor project will have taken a full 8 years from conception to release which is I guess kind of insane when you realize they just made Persona with more steps. It's quite literally "We have Persona at home in another world"

It's not the end of the world using the P5 engine, it's no excuse for the game looking technically so rough on a PS5, Royal was a port and didn't look that bad even on a PS4 Pro, so a game developed for PS5 has no business not having even an effective anti-aliasing solution.

What makes you think the game (that has been developed since 2016) releasing a couple of weeks later will be significantly different to the demo, which in itself is the beginning of the game?
I wouldnt say major major but because demos are pre release builds and day 1 patches are normal in the industry.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The sand worm was pretty hard. I emptied my revive items lol
Yeah even attack them in real time they will attack back so you need dodge and attack them again before you go to turn based so you can get that advantage.

I can see later dungeons gonna be brutal since you can’t heal up even on rest area, it’s gonna be all about resource management.

Sigh, the life sim shit makes absolutely no sense in a game like this

Why am I fucking around leveling 5 different social stats when I'm supposed to be saving the world and shit

I guess I should go back to SMTV:V if I'm not interested in doing life sim shit because that's the Atlus franchise for me if I just want to play a regular JRPG but this game seems like "Missed Opportunities: The Game" in terms of actually doing something innovative instead of just being the Starfield of Persona games

Holy shit, I’m playing on hard and the sand worms in the mines destroy me every time.
You should change the MC's Archetype as soon as you are given the opportunity because he's weak to Fire and multiple enemies use Fire in that dungeon and they oneshot him pretty often because Seeker Archetype has like no HP and folds like a piece of paper even from a non-Weakness hit. At least it's not Game Over if the MC dies like in SMT and Persona games

Sigh, the life sim shit makes absolutely no sense in a game like this

Why am I fucking around leveling 5 different social stats when I'm supposed to be saving the world and shit

I guess I should go back to SMTV:V if I'm not interested in doing life sim shit because that's the Atlus franchise for me if I just want to play a regular JRPG but this game seems like "Missed Opportunities: The Game" in terms of actually doing something innovative instead of just being the Starfield of Persona games
Is there anything u like abt this game? You’ve been hating on the game for u wanting it to be different when it’s been extremely obvious for a long time that this is Persona Fantasy

Finally decided to try the demo. I knew absolutely nothing about this game. I have watched no videos, and read nothing outside of most of the comments here.

Amazing game so far. It's just what I am looking for. The dialogue is good. The music is good (combat music especially fantastic). The combat is intriguing. I like how the player is given the lore. Graphics and performance are good on PS5.

My only complaint is that this is going to further delay my Trails through Daybreak play-through.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
God damn the demo for this game just keeps going. I have paid for games that were shorter than this demo. I wonder if being too generous with it will impact sales.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
God damn the demo for this game just keeps going. I have paid for games that were shorter than this demo. I wonder if being too generous with it will impact sales.
Unicorn Overlord also release very generous demo before release and the game still sold well.

Top Bottom