• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

Detox

So it's condensation inside the mask, why does it suddenly appear on the top left when he wipes the dust on the outside? I don't think I could handle that.

Ok watching the gif in slow motion the condensation is always there regardless of the dust, it just looks weird to me.

Hystzen

I been looking at this but never got around to first Metro due to shitty laptop

So is the first Metro Xbox version a solid port I can pick it up cheap just wondering if play that first then dip into Last light later on

So it's condensation inside the mask, why does it suddenly appear on the top left when he wipes the dust on the outside? I don't think I could handle that.

Ok watching the gif in slow motion the condensation is always there regardless of the dust, it just looks weird to me.

Are you seriously nitpicking THAT much into a game? :/ How do you enjoy any game if that little detail bothers you so much?

I been looking at this but never got around to first Metro due to shitty laptop

So is the first Metro Xbox version a solid port I can pick it up cheap just wondering if play that first then dip into Last light later on

I hated the Xbox release for one reason: AI took a huge hit in performance compared to PC release. You can literally be inches from someone and they wouldn't fire at you, they would be laser accurate from across a level, or sometimes just run in literal circles avoiding you.

graphically it faired decent enough tho- it's no mid range PC but it looked ok.

Are you seriously nitpicking THAT much into a game? :/ How do you enjoy any game if that little detail bothers you so much?

I guess if they're going to go through the effort to add such an effect for "realism" they could at least make it consistent. Otherwise it goes against the purpose of it being there, which is added immersion.

Not game-breaking but kinda silly

Persona86

Banned
As I said before, the "hand wiping" is the player pressing the gas mask on/off button and not holding it down, thereby stopping the animation part way through.

I quoted the wrong comment, I meant to quote the video. :)

Also I just wanted to join in on the can't wait for Tuesday though part.

Naito

Maybe I misunderstood something, but I think the ranger mode is included in the entire first edition of the game. So only people that buy an used copy have to buy the Ranger DLC.

Ranger Mode is included if you pre-order the game. If you don't intend to get it on release date,
you will have to pay 5$ the way it was meant to be played to unlock it.

Thorgal

I like the hand wiping. It's just that kind of game.

That's my setup. I'm so hyped!

ot i know but i was wondering: how wide is the gap between 660 and 670 ?

i am still wondering if i should buy a 780 when it comes out or torture my 660 untill the 800
series hit.

Razyl

Ranger Mode is included if you pre-order the game. If you don't intend to get it on release date,

No. It's included in every First/Limited Retail-Edition of the game. Go on release date to gamestop and buy the First Edition of the game and you will get the ranger dlc for free too. It's just like the Back to Karkand DLC for Battlefield 3, which is included in the Limited Edition of the game.

Detox

What neoenigma said. Also it is like oh let me wipe the dust away, great now its been replaced by condensation. Can't I just have a clean mask after wiping? This shit all comes from BF3's dumb effects at least it makes a bit more sense in this game and they have the decency to let you wipe some of it away.

legacyzero

Banned
ot i know but i was wondering: how wide is the gap between 660 and 670 ?

i am still wondering if i should buy a 780 when it comes out or torture my 660 untill the 800
series hit.

I seem to remember consulting the "I need a new PC!" thread, and remember taking the 670 over the 660 for better performance IIRC.

Naito

No. It's included in every First/Limited Retail-Edition of the game. Go on release date to gamestop and buy the First Edition of the game and you will get the ranger dlc for free too. It's just like the Back to Karkand DLC for Battlefield 3, which is included in the Limited Edition of the game.

You're right but I forgot to point out that I meant on Steam: if you intend to buy it later you'll have to pay for Ranger Mode.

antitrop

My SLI TITANs have about 90% scaling on the new driver we'll be releasing tomorrow, though of course it varies per scene, per computer, per GPU, per architecture.

New Nvidia drivers make me irrationally excited every single time. For like, no reason, but I always love to install them. Oh look, that game that I might play for 2 or 3 hours once every couple of weeks runs 5% better, SCORE!

Thorgal

I seem to remember consulting the "I need a new PC!" thread, and remember taking the 670 over the 660 for better performance IIRC.

Well i took the 660 to remain whithin budget limits for my current pc otherwise i would have taken a 670 or 680.
its just that i am kinda worried for how long this card is gonna hold out.

legacyzero

Banned
New Nvidia drivers make me irrationally excited every single time. For like, no reason, but I always love to install them. Oh look, that game that I might play for 2 or 3 hours once every couple of weeks runs 5% better, SCORE!

6% increase for Far Cry 3?! FUCK YEAH

Well i took the 660 to remain whithin budget limits for my current pc otherwise i would have taken a 670 or 680.
its just that i am kinda worried for how long this card is gonna hold out.

I know that feel. I worry about my 670. Thinking that extra $100 for the 680 might have been a better choice. Still, this baby runs all my games perfect, except that damn Metro 2033 :p

Oh, and Tomb Raider. Perfect hair comes at a cost, you know.

Thorgal

6% increase for Far Cry 3?! FUCK YEAH

I know that feel. I worry about my 670. Thinking that extra $100 for the 680 might have been a better choice. Still, this baby runs all my games perfect, except that damn Metro 2033 :p
Oh, and Tomb Raider. Perfect hair comes at a cost, you know.

tell me about it

one second i have 58 frames without Dof enabled everything on max the next when it is chaos or i am starring at a lightsource it takes a plunge to a 20 FPS slide show .

JOY...

Naito

Do you get the ranger mode if you have an nvidia card copy? I just bought a code on ebay for $25.
If I'm not mistaken the NVIDIA promo copy is a Standard Edition, which means it won't have Ranger DLC
since it's not considered a Pre-Order or Limited Edition. This may also explain why it is sold cheaper (~25$).

Sethos

Banned
I get that, but each driver we're adding 6% here, 10% there, and it very quickly adds up.

So when are they fixing the Sniper Elite games with Titans? I haven't been able to play either after I got SLI Titans, even with updates, even by upgrading to Windows 8 -- They simply refuse to work properly.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
So when are they fixing the Sniper Elite games with Titans? I haven't been able to play either after I got SLI Titans, even with updates, even by upgrading to Windows 8 -- They simply refuse to work properly.

What's the issue? Need info to help.

Sethos

Banned
What's the issue? Need info to help.

We've talked about this before. Driver recoveries, freezes etc. first I thought it was only in the new Zombie version. However recently I tried plain SE2 and the game froze on the menus. After I got my Titans, those two games flat out refuse to work. Also sent in that driver feedback thing you linked me.

I bought Nazi Zombie Army and I've snagged one or two screenshots, that's it. I can't play the game because of the freezes, so I kinda gave up on them now.

But since I'm apparently the only one in the world with the problem, I doubt it'll get fixed at all :p

Can't wait for this hope my gtx 580 can play it at 1440p.

I have until launch day to figure out how to delete my drivers and install the latest drivers for my video card.

AndyBNV

Nvidia

We have? Man, my memory is gettin bad. I will escalate it again.

Can't wait for this hope my gtx 580 can play it at 1440p.

I have until launch day to figure out how to delete my drivers and install the latest drivers for my video card.

Download tomorrow's driver, press install. That's it.

Nekrono

Just purchased it through GMG for $37.50, really looking forward for this, I LOVED 2033.

Hopefully I'll be able to max it out with a 7950 and a 2500k. I don't know how true the rumours are regarding AMD optimization.

It seems that my game will be unlocking on the 16th for some weird reason, what's the proxy program that's safe and people use to unlock Steam games early? I used it for Borderlands 2 but I forgot the name.

Razyl

https://twitter.com/patrickklepek/status/332522660670091264

It was posted in this thread. Kevin VanOrd near the bottom said it was a disaster on ATI systems

Can't confirm this. i5 760, AMD 7970 OC and 8 GB Ram - 45 to 55 FPS with Settings "high", 4xSSAA, 16xAF and normal Tesselation. "Very high" and "high Tesselation" and i got ~30 FPS, sometimes lower. Just with activated physx-effects its a disaster on AMD cards, but yeah... i think thats just normal.

amayo15

Banned

No. Apparently it's in first all edition copies. I think 4A themselves said this. Pre-order guarantees you a first edition copy so it's technically the only way to 100% secure free ranger mode but it's not the only way - buying the game in the first couple of months will suffice.

AndyBNV

Nvidia
Can't confirm this. i5 760, AMD 7970 OC and 8 GB Ram - 45 to 55 FPS with Settings "high", 4xSSAA, 16xAF and normal Tesselation. "Very high" and "high Tesselation" and i got ~30 FPS, sometimes lower. Just with activated physx-effects its a disaster on AMD cards, but yeah... i think thats just normal.

I strongly urge you to drop the amount of SSAA and increase Quality to Very High. Will give you much better IQ.

SamuraiX-

My current basic PC specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor, 3.40 GHz
12GB DDR3 RAM
GTX 465 1GB

What worries me the most is the bold... What say you, GAF? Medium/high graphical settings?

4xSSAA?!

WHAT INSANE OVERKILL.

Follow andy's advice and dropp the SSAA down and push it back up to very high.

Top Bottom