• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
My review and videos will be up in a bit. I really enjoyed the game though. Anyone has questions shoot them at me (played on 360).

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-320-14-beta-drivers-released

But no mention of any SLI profile for LL here or in the 320.00 beta drivers? So I guess I'm okay with 314.22 for now? Maybe it uses the same profile as 2033?

They probably just forgot to mention it. There tech preview shows SLI results using the 320.14 driver.

Actually, just checked the driver through Nvidia Inspector: it has an SLI profile

I highly recommend using 320.14

Mr. Plankton

Neo Member
They probably just forgot to mention it. There tech preview shows SLI results using the 320.14 driver.

Actually, just checked the driver through Nvidia Inspector: it has an SLI profile

I highly recommend using 320.14

Is the profile made for LL or is it the same one as 2033, though?

Is the profile made for LL or is it the same one as 2033, though?

Yes, but there are extra bits on the bottom. The driver adds 10% performance to the game and has native SLI support instead of having to force it.

I recommend using.. not sure why you would not want to!

78 hours to go, for my unlock. Ugh.

What's the countdown for US folk?

Anyone know of any good to the USA VPN/proxy clients? This EU wait is so stupid.

Hawk SE

The Metro 2035 book cover is in Last Light:

MetroLL_books.png

Source (me): http://www.savingcontent.com/2013/05/metro-2035-book-cover-revealed-in-metro-last-light/

Thanks a lot. I assume it works by blocking the region detection through IP? Something similar to that.

Yep, a VPN I think reroutes you through a server from somewhere else in the world. I think Spotflux either does the same or tricks steam into thinking that's what's happening.

Either spotflux is the easiest to use and you can use it as many times as you like

Also some shots, not mine but I thought they looked good
2013051000004.jpg

2013051100002k.jpg

Mr. Plankton

Neo Member
Yes, but there are extra bits on the bottom. The driver adds 10% performance to the game and has native SLI support instead of having to force it.

I recommend using.. not sure why you would not want to!

Anyone know of any good to the USA VPN/proxy clients? This EU wait is so stupid.

Yeah, I know what you're saying, but beta drivers have been a hit or miss in terms of performance for me. I've cases where upgrading to beta drivers messed up my performance in other games.

Jb

My review and videos will be up in a bit. I really enjoyed the game though. Anyone has questions shoot them at me (played on 360).

Overall, would your recommend that version of the game at full price for someone who doesn't have a PC that can run it? Or should I wait for a price drop a few months down the road?

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State

via me! :p

Overall, would your recommend that version of the game at full price for someone who doesn't have a PC that can run it? Or should I wait for a price drop a few months down the road?

Meaning you'd buy on console? Yeah, I do. Although they did announce a next gen version too, so I'd almost grab that. That being said though, I liked the game and feel it would be worth buying. Took me about 9 hours on easy. Going to play through again tonight.

That being said though, I liked the game and feel it would be worth buying. Took me about 9 hours on easy. Going to play through again tonight.

I've heard everyone talk abotu visuals and atmosphere but a huge thing for me in games is Audio. 2033 had great audio, how does this one stack up?

Jb

Meaning you'd buy on console? Yeah, I do. Although they did announce a next gen version too, so I'd almost grab that. That being said though, I liked the game and feel it would be worth buying. Took me about 9 hours on easy. Going to play through again tonight.

Thanks! On one hand yeah, it would probably be smarter to wait for a next gen port but at the same time, there isn't much coming out right now, whereas next fall/early 2014 looks pretty packed.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I've heard everyone talk abotu visuals and atmosphere but a huge thing for me in games is Audio. 2033 had great audio, how does this one stack up?

Solid again. I played both with a 7.1 set-up and my Astro A50s. You get the cavernous feel, you get the subtle noises. A good job on the audio end.

Hawk SE

As someone who needs FoV sliders, Metro: Last Light never disoriented me or had a negative effect on me. If motion sickness is your problem, you're likely to be okay.

scitek

Hopefully holding out on the PC version of this will lead to a better experience when I finally do get around to it. I need to adjust that FOV.

I was really hoping there wouldn't be presets again for this one. I hated in Metro 2033 how everything was tied to one another. Let me tweak how I want please

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Neither of the free Korean FlyVPN servers work to unlock the game here in the US. Is this game actually out anywhere right now? Hong Kong maybe?

Top Bottom