• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date
Neither of the free Korean FlyVPN servers work to unlock the game here in the US. Is this game actually out anywhere right now? Hong Kong maybe?

Asia get the game the same day and time as the EU I believe. The earliest release is AUS and NA and they're a while away yet (7 hours I think)

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Welp,not going to play it untill they added it. FoV 60 makes me sick. Unfreaking believable they did not a FoV slider in this day and age.

Is the FOV actually 60? FOVs that low literally hurt my head.

Is the FOV actually 60? FOVs that low literally hurt my head.

http://blog.pcgamingwiki.com/port-report/1248/port-report-metro-last-light

Metro: Last Light’s handling of FOV is very disappointing, and is a serious black mark against the game. I get a bit motion sick and dizzy from playing a game with a low FOV for too long and I had to stop playing Metro: Last Light several times after some of the more chaotic battles.

Metro: Last Light FOV value appears to be very close to the original game’s vertical FOV of 45 (equivalent to horizontal FOV of ~70 at 1920×1080), which is extremely low for an FPS on the PC. Unlike many other recent first person shooters on PC there is no field of view slider, and delving into the config files shows a lack of any value that can be edited, the sick_fov setting found in Metro 2033 is not present in Metro: Last Light, and does nothing when added.

feel

That very disapponting. But I plan on leaning back with a 360 pad while pulling my chair away from the monitor a bit so 70 degrees horizontal should be fine I think.

Unrelated:

Amazon still not providing keys yet! Ugh! Thinking of ignoring the giftcard credit I have there and just paying for it somewhere else.

Sethos

Banned
Yes, I'm sure it takes months and a massive chunk of the development budget to implement a FOV slider.

Bastards.

legacyzero

Banned
Ok, Bi50N, where ya at? PC community would at LEAST love a future patch, or how to change it in the .ini

I'm sure some brainiac will figure it out soon enough, though.

SamuraiX-

Should I even bother to pick this one up if my PC is running with a GTX 465?

All of the benchmarks I've seen don't even consider anything below the GTX 500 series. :-/

legacyzero

Banned
I'll probably be streaming some Last Light in about an hour if anyone would be interested. Early game stuff.

NOOOOOO I cant watch!

EDIT: I'll be streaming the PC version tomorrow as well if my CPU doesn't shit itself from already being under load.

Don't ruin the experience for yourself. Being a linear game spoilers are terribad.

It's already bad enough that I've watched like 2 reviews! O______O

Slight Last Light spoilers:
In TB's video you can hear a woman screaming for help as two men are about to rape her, she struggles and ends up killed instead. I wonder if you can save her and if moments like that will add up and give you a different ending like 2033 did.

Slight Last Light spoilers:
In TB's video you can hear a woman screaming for help as two men are about to rape her, she struggles and ends up killed instead. I wonder if you can save her and moments like that will add up and give you a different ending like 2033 did.

You
can save her

RoKKeR

Just started my Metro 2033 Ranger
Easy
playthrough, hope to be done by the end of the week. Really looking forward to this game, but I fear for my 570. =/

I loved your Far Cry 3 streams LOL
BTW, how does one stream on Youtube??

Partnerships yo :p

I would stream the PC version when it's out, but I'm much more a fan of let's plays and getting to edit it how I like.

I'll be doing a let's play of the PC version as close to maxed out as I can manage for anyone who would like to see it *cough* shameless advertising plug *cough* :D

Also 3 hours boys CAN YOU FEEL IT? !!!

Heh, I'll also be streaming it when it releases. PC version and on Ranger Hardcore, hopefully I don't get stuck for three hours like I did on that awful amoeba section :D

legacyzero

Banned
Partnerships yo :p

I would stream the PC version when it's out, but I'm much more a fan of let's plays and getting to edit it how I like.

I'll be doing a let's play of the PC version as close to maxed out as I can manage for anyone who would like to see it *cough* shameless advertising plug *cough* :D

Also 3 hours boys CAN YOU FEEL IT? !!!

Yep, I'm sticking to Twitch then :p

I wanna do Lets Plays too, I just need to get a new hard drive (preferably a nice SSD) because my PC doesn't like recording all that footage for some reason :/
Heh, I'll also be streaming it when it releases. PC version and on Ranger Hardcore, hopefully I don't get stuck for three hours like I did on that awful amoeba section :D

That one towards the end of the game? UGH shit was awful lol

Hey did you guys get your review up yet?

We've had the review up, problem is on the server side. One of the first major titles we receive a review code of and the servers crash(unrelated) :D Hopefully the issues can be resolved soon.

Edit: Seems it was a rather large botnet attack on the host, might be a while :/

Edit 2: And like that the site is back, made a post in the review thread cheese. Thanks.
http://www.awesomeoutof10.com/reviews/metro-last-light/

Yep, I'm sticking to Twitch then :p

I wanna do Lets Plays too, I just need to get a new hard drive (preferably a nice SSD) because my PC doesn't like recording all that footage for some reason :/
l

I have an Avermedia capture card, so recording is a total breeze with it. Just wish I had the internet to support it more

Top Bottom