• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date
Hope you aren't playing on Ranger Hardcore so I still have something to attract people with so many others doing the same :D Would watch, but given I'll be playing myself soon I'll wait.

I was just trying ranger mode and holy crap, it is hard. I don't know if I will bother. Call me a sissy but I felt so gimped in that mode.

I was just trying ranger mode and holy crap, it is hard. I don't know if I will bother. Call me a sissy but I felt so gimped in that mode.

I beat the orignal game on the Ranger Hardcore mode so I'm hoping I'll manage all right. And it's confirmed there are no amoebas which should help considerably. Am worried about some of the bug creatures though, they look to take a lot of ammo I won't have.

I beat the orignal game on the mode so I'm hoping I'll manage all right. And it's confirmed there are no amoebas which should help considerably. Am worried about some of the bug creatures though, they look to take a lot of ammo I won't have.

Well my problem is since there is no UI HUD, I have no idea how to switch from knives, to dynamite, to flame grenades. Also I was playing on the uber hardcore ranger mode. Def wouldn't want to do that on a first time play through. I wouldn't know when to hit x on certain quick time events and would have been screwed at those parts.

Well my problem is since there is no UI HUD, I have no idea how to switch from knives, to dynamite, to flame grenades. Also I was playing on the uber hardcore ranger mode. Def wouldn't want to do that on a first time play through. I wouldn't know when to hit x on certain quick time events and would have been screwed at those parts.

Heh, hopefully it'll go well for me. It must still use the 1-whatever keys for quick swaps. And I have to imagine that it'll still show the qtes during cutscenes? Would be immensely unfair otherwise, if not I suppose I'll have to manage through it like I did Tomb Raider's broken visual cue system on pc.

Heh, hopefully it'll go well for me. It must still use the 1-whatever keys for quick swaps. And I have to imagine that it'll still show the qtes during cutscenes? Would be immensely unfair otherwise, if not I suppose I'll have to manage through it like I did Tomb Raider's broken visual cue system on pc.

No when they say no hints, or hud, they mean it. Luckily its always the X button and simple as that. Yeah if you figure out how to switch to knifes or grenades on ranger, let me know. Since you don't actually see your character ever carrying them, use used the menu interface to switch, without it. I have no idea how your supposed to tell.

No when they say no hints, or hud, they mean it. Luckily its always the X button and simple as that. Yeah if you figure out how to switch to knifes or grenades on ranger, let me know. Since you don't actually see your character ever carrying them, use used the menu interface to switch, without it. I have no idea how your supposed to tell.

If it's like the first game then you'd hit 1 twice, the first time would bring up your knife, the second time would bring out the throwing knives. And the same for grenades on 5. If you're playing using a controller it should tell you in the options menu.

RoKKeR

So, is Ranger Mode the only way to go through the game with no HUD? If so I'm pre-ordering last minute because fuck, that's how this game MUST be played.

Edit: Just realized you can buy it later on. Durr.

sTaTIx

So, according to a set of benchmarks, apparently the game runs like dog-ship on AMD cards.

As if I needed another reason to boycott this game, after the "Pay for Hard Mode" debacle.

What, it keeps crashing now. And it crashed mid game :/ Was running at 40 FPS with everything at max*excepting SSAA) or so.

Edit: Can't even start the game now, what.

So, according to a set of benchmarks, apparently the game runs like dog-ship on AMD cards.

As if I needed another reason to boycott this game, after the "Pay for Hard Mode" debacle.
After the opening my FPS is in the teens .

I'm also getting some flickering/shadow corruption.

sTaTIx

That very disapponting. But I plan on leaning back with a 360 pad while pulling my chair away from the monitor a bit so 70 degrees horizontal should be fine I think.

Sitting further away is no substitute for a proper/decent FOV setting by default. I play games on a pretty big-ass plasma, and it bothers me to no end when some games ship with a 16:9 FOV of 70 or even 60 (e.g., Bioshock Infinite and Borderlands 2). FOV should be at least 80 to feel good and non-claustrophobic on the big screen.

Alright, I preordered on Steam and its not showing Ranger mode, and when I look for DLC it says there's no DLC available for the game?

edit- Nevermind, restarted Steam and its there now. I'm off!

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So is there no way for me to know which directx version my game launched in? I remember them saying DX11 was the best of the bunch, but there's no option in game to swap between them.

Alright, I preordered on Steam and its not showing Ranger mode, and when I look for DLC it says there's no DLC available for the game?

Apparently you have to restart steam for the DLC to register with your account.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm playing with everything at max except SSAA while streaming and getting a steady 30/40. Perhaps phsyx will be brutal when I get outside?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Bleh... getting some crazy shadow flickering/glitching when I walk around in the opening area. Weird framerate drops, too, with most stuff maxed (tessellation on normal). All this on a i5 2500k and a 7970. Not gonna play with it all busted like this. I hope we get a patch and/or some new AMD drivers soon.

Zocano

I barely started and I already feel Ranger mode isn't worth the effort. I got to my guns and started practicing at the firing range in the "tutorial" section and realized there is no way to tell if you have regular bullets or money bullets selected. Like this isn't me annoyed that I don't know how many bullets in general I have left. I just want to know if I have money or regular bullets selected and there is no apparent way to check. Going to the 'inventory' button makes nothing appear because the HUD is completely turned off. I am obviously selecting *something* because I actually hear the sound cues that I have switched to a different selection in the inventory menu but I can't see what I have selected. This is just incredibly frustrating and feels really sloppy and I will probably settle for the 'regular' mode.

I played through 2033 when it first came out and enjoyed it immensely long before there was even a "ranger mode" option in that game. I will enjoy this one just the same.

Wag

How are you guys getting FPS? You using FRAPS? I guess if I have SLI TITANs I should invest in it eh?

spectros4

Neo Member
Running at 60fps with a 570 and i5-2500k. I'm running it on high, 1920, no AA, 4x filtering, and everything else normal. It's the best I can do to have it run at 60fps.

M.W.

Is there a FOV option? What is it set at initially?

Hmm...streamer at Twitch is saying there is no FOV options. Weird.

Top Bottom