• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date
So AMD cards are still a problem huh? I updated my video driver and newer games are running better - Metro: LL is struggling on Low settings however. Any word on when they will be fixed?

Same, and it makes a little smear/squeak sound too. I thought it would get annoying to wipe the mask but it feels very organic.

I would love to play this with the oculus rift :eek:

I tried the game n 3d just a couple mins ago and was surprised by the performance. Still quite great!

Also.. everything in 3d feel so much more alive. When you whipe your mask... man... if only I could describe it. It would be amazing with the rift.

This is quite possibly the best looking game I have ever seen. Holy god the environments and the athmosphere <3

This is maybe beating Crysis 3 for me. There is a lot in it (heavily the sound design) which immerses you so much... even beyond the mind meltingly good graphics.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, another question: what's the key for throwing knives? The controls don't seem to mention them.

Bought and am currently downloading. Very excited. I just finished 2033 for the first time a few hours ago and really, really enjoyed myself.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What does Ranger mode do exactly? The game claims the Hardcore setting alone makes every fight a serious challenge and requires you to manage any limited resources carefully, while you can disable the crosshair.

What could they possibly change that makes it worth charging for? How is combat more brutal than Hardcore mode? Also apparently you can play in Ranger and Ranger Hardcore too? That just complicates differences.

R3TRODYCE

Just had a weird glitch.

43160_2013-05-14_0004ipupm.png

How do the shooting mechanics compare to Metro 2033? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that felt good to shoot in 2033 was a silenced revolver; especially with headshots. Is there more of a visceral kick and "oomph" to the rifles?

How do the shooting mechanics compare to Metro 2033? As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that felt good to shoot in 2033 was a silenced revolver; especially with headshots. Is there more of a visceral kick and "oomph" to the rifles?

Definitely, the first real headshot I got was incredible interms of the oomph. His helmet popped off, was incredibly loud, etc. Game continues to not be very bloody, which is fine of course.

http://www.twitch.tv/awesomeoutof10
Still streaming!

U2NUMB

Hows the 360 version look and play?

Pretty good so far.. some minor pop in and screen tear but overall it looks about as good as a game could on the system. Gameplay is great and I am really digging this game overall. I do have the game installed on my HDD.

~Kinggi~

Banned
The GB quicklook made the game look real good. When the bug crawl around on your mask, oh my god that is seriously disturbing shit. Moreso than most i see in games.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Currently partway through the game:

Without going into specifics, the storytelling moments in this game are as good as those from the previous game, if not better, especially the side conversations. They add a real human element to the overall feel of the game.

About 4 hours in. The combat is more or less improved. Was the dialogue and script this poor in the first one too? I don't remember. It seems like someone did an incredibly rough translation from the Russian text and called it a day, because a lot it just sounds so so awkward, and the line delivery is all over the place...bitch!

My 560 Ti is doing a surprisingly good job of handling the game. My settings are a bit all over the place but I've got a fairly smooth framerate going with a lot of stuff on so I'm pleased with that.

It's definitely less scary than the first one. By scary I mean survival horror as it was usually due to running out of ammo, filters, or whatever. They seem to be a lot more easily available (on normal) this time around, but we'll see.

Overall I'm liking it a fair deal, it has very solid pacing just like the first.

Can anyone post thoughts of the games on ps3? At 47.99 I might actually buy it, but I don't know nothing about the game, and I'm trying to avoid reviews.

ultron87

Xbox version seems pretty competent from what I've played so far. Looks nice and frame rate seems fine.

I've slit a not insignificant number of throats.

Well, I beat the game on Ranger Hardcore, am I the first one here to do so on NeoGaf? If so I get a cookie!

I got the ending where you
Blow D6 which I thought was the bad ending but it seems the Dark Ones survived so it that actually the good one? Anna also tells your child you saved the Metro

If not where did I go wrong? I rescued the people, gave the kid his teddy bear, knocked out a decent amount of people rather than killing them, forgave the spoiler and so on an so forth. I'm not sure where I went wrong :/ Saw many flashes of positive light, not a single bad one. Just meh, still plan on replaying of course but I thought I did well.

pakkit

Banned
I have one really important question that will determine whether or not I jump in. Can you play Russian dub/English Subtitles on the 360 version?

Ah, apparently you can shoot off the Observer beasts to save her, after she breaks into the next area!

Oh shit, I thought they were helping her as they were her children.

I have one really important question that will determine whether or not I jump in. Can you play Russian dub/English Subtitles on the 360 version?

You could in the first game on 360 but I really don't recommend it for a first playthough. They don't subtitle auxiliary/side dialog so you will miss out on a ton of really well done character bits. I think it's a real shame, but oh well.

Beat the game. Play time on normal: 8 hours.

Ending spoilers:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Got the "redemption" ending, as you try to detonate D6 the Dark Child stops you and wipes out the Red army. Saved/Forgave everyone killed only 6 people(outside of event mandated enemies). Mostly those bandits that tried to rape people.

Overall impressions: An improvement in almost every way, but not as scary as the original.

Stealth is insanely O.P. on ranger hardcore. The A.I. have no peripheral vision. It's almost comical. The A.I. Is plain bad. But, the game is a visual treat and has tons of atmosphere. Enjoying the game still.

Stealth is insanely O.P. on ranger hardcore. The A.I. have no peripheral vision. It's almost comical. The A.I. Is plain bad. But, the game is a visual treat and has tons of atmosphere. Enjoying the game still.

Yeah, it's kind of bizarre. Actually the AI is quite decent in battle though which makes it stand out all the more. Will call out to each other, surrender, etc. Although peripheral vision is always odd in FPS game that takes light into account, where is the line to be drawn!

For fellow Ranger Hardcore players, hit e to knock out. I didn't know until later in the game and as such it contributed to me getting the "worse" ending. Reserve the massacres!

I saw the most horrifying monster in the game today. During one of the early stealth sections I was sneaking in the dark and there was a room with three baddies patrolling back and forth when suddenly one of the Nazi's went past. What was so haunting about it was that his fucking legs were bent straight back 90 degrees at the hip and he was floating through the air. It was terrifying and hilarious and I wish I had recorded it.

4 hours in and absolutely loving it.

FGMPR

Banned
Yeah, it's kind of bizarre. Actually the AI is quite decent in battle though which makes it stand out all the more. Will call out to each other, surrender, etc. Although peripheral vision is always odd in FPS game that takes light into account, where is the line to be drawn!

For fellow Ranger Hardcore players, hit e to knock out. I didn't know until later in the game and as such it contributed to me getting the "worse" ending. Reserve the massacres!

shit. thanks. Do you know what it comes under in the keybind settings though because I changed E to flashlight.

I was wondering about how to get through some stages without killing an enemy while looking at the achievement list; it didn't seem plausible other than running through the level. It makes more sense now lol.

So weird seeing the game with a hud given I played on Ranger Hardcore from the start, really was worth it though. Outside of not understanding how to switch secondary weapons(borderline unacceptable they're not mapped to buttons but tab) I didn't really have any issues. Game is definitely a bit more forgiving on giving you ammo, as compared to Ranger Hardcore in 2033 which gave you like one bullet per drop. Might actually not have been that much more, it's just I didn't have to use bullets for stealth at all because of the contextual melee.

Amazing quality though Legacy, how was the little bit you watched of my stream? Unfortunately because of my upload speeds 720P is close to my maximum. Can't go much higher without disrupting the internet of those who live with me :D Still think my stream looked quiet good though.

Edit: Wow, watching the archive and it does look pretty great although not quite as sharp. Only real issue is some minor compression around fire blasts.

FGMPR

Banned
So weird seeing the game with a hud given I played on Ranger Hardcore from the start, really was worth it though. Outside of not understanding how to switch secondary weapons(borderline unacceptable they're not mapped to buttons but tab) I didn't really have any issues. Game is definitely a bit more forgiving on giving you ammo, as compared to Ranger Hardcore in 2033 which gave you like one bullet per drop. Might actually not have been that much more, it's just I didn't have to use bullets for stealth at all because of the contextual melee.

Amazing quality though Legacy, how was the little bit you watched of my stream? Unfortunately because of my upload speeds 720P is close to my maximum. Can't go much higher without disrupting the internet of those who live with me :D Still think my stream looked quiet good though.

Edit: Wow, watching the archive and it does look pretty great although not quite as sharp. Only real issue is some minor compression around fire blasts.

I'm a few hours in and it definitely feels easier than Ranger easy on Metro 2033. There's just so much ammo hanging around, and the stealth has been made so easy compared to the original that comparatively I end up using a lot less ammo this time around. The damage you and the enemies can take is also ratcheted up from ranger easy in 2033.

I don't understand why they couldn't limit these things further. The whole 'scraping for survival' feel is just totally gone for me. The game is good, but RH needs patching because it doesn't much like the old ranger modes.

Top Bottom