• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

feel

Couldn't wait, used the VPN thing. Game looks absolutely beautiful! Getting 80-100fps with everything on max except SSAA which is turned off since I can't notice the jaggies leaning back anyways (playing with a 360 pad) and I'd rather have the higher framerate.

But I keeps crashing to desktop once in a while, it's bumming me out.

Ive been preaching this game since day one. I can say Im completely and utterly in love with this game. I see its flaws and embrace it all. I love the atmosphere and the dialogue of all the NPC's which are such in plenty it really makes the world come alive.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Ah, you have to activate the Metro 2033 PDF novel. Here's how:

1. In your Steam Browser, go to Library and select Metro: Last Light.
2. On the right, beneath Links, click on DLC.
3. On the DLC page, there should be a section called "Metro: Last Light - Novel." Click on the Install button the right.
4. Navigate to SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Metro Last Light\novel. There should be a file in that folder called "Metro 2033 - English text.pdf."
5. Read and enjoy!

Ah, you have to activate the Metro 2033 PDF novel. Here's how:

1. In your Steam Browser, go to Library and select Metro: Last Light.
2. On the right, beneath Links, click on DLC.
3. On the DLC page, there should be a section called "Metro: Last Light - Novel." Click on the Install button the right.
4. Navigate to SteamLibrary\SteamApps\common\Metro Last Light\novel. There should be a file in that folder called "Metro 2033 - English text.pdf."
5. Read and enjoy!

It's only for US people right?

Meh, makes no difference. have a physical copy of the novel in my drawer lol

kamspy

The HUD in ranger mode is broken. Completely broken.

Do just like in 2033 4A. It's not hard.

2033 was my goty when it came out, Last Light is letting me down in every facet so far.

Kallor

Loving this game so far! Its damn beautiful too. Can only run it on normal though lol. Time for a new cpu & GPU.

Just wanted to point out that you can capture screenshots with another program and still upload them to steam. All of my Steam screenshots are captured with SweetFX.

I know, just more convient to use steam now that it saves uncompressed pngs. In any case I figured out the issue. For whatever reason 2033 and Last Light won't take screenshots when it is mapped to the / key(works for every other game) Set it to 4/left on the numpad and it works now.

cripterion

Was having fun in the early levels but the story is really turning me off. I'm guessing I'm not far from the ending but clearly I didn't see the game going this way at all :(

Played through a bit more of it and man is it tense! I also noticed that the watch matches up with the time IRL, nice little touch.

cripterion

Well...actually that was it...Gameplay was nice and game is a great showcase on what high end pc graphics can do(even though it's in a very limited world space)
but that story was horribad! Yikes! This renders even the first game's story completely invalid too imo. And in this one all characters felt meaningless...What were they thinking???

Ricker

Great intro,very HL2 like and that little section outside for now was good also,the little stealth I had to do so far was well done also,not as demanding as that section in the first hehe,looking like a great game.

cripterion

Looking forward to reading everyone's opinions once they finish the game. I'm not sure but quite expect the backlash...

The HUD in ranger mode is broken. Completely broken.

Do just like in 2033 4A. It's not hard.

2033 was my goty when it came out, Last Light is letting me down in every facet so far.

Yeah, its definitely taking "no HUD" to the absolute here. Like, it'd be nice to know what I'm picking once in a while, and there doesn't seem to be any way to determine how much ammo for a particular gun you have left.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
Will this work on a mac book retina 15?
quad core i7
8 gig rams

gtx 560 1 gig

Will try to run it in boot camp, more likely it will burn the mac down

Guten Tag!

Some weird flickering shadows and issues with the light of the flash light when it overlaps water aside it runs ok. About the same as 2033.

Another issue I'm having is that the dialogue isn't subtitled properly. Pretty annoying

Do I need to play the 1st game to enjoy this?

To enjoy it? no, I would say you could go in blind and piece shit together. However you will not understand a great deal of stuff right from the start like you would if you play 2033.

I say play 2033 first because you will get more out of last light that way

Posts above reminded me, the buttons are mapped really awkwardly I think. C is to throw knives, and E/V are takedowns? doesn't seem very organic.

spectros4

Neo Member
Would disabling advanced PhysX give me a performance boost?
I'm currently running it on a 570 and i5-2500k with 1920, high, no AA, 16x filtering, and normal for all the rest. I just barely stay at 60fps, as it varies between low 50 and 60.

Would disabling advanced PhysX give me a performance boost?
I'm currently running it on a 570 and i5-2500k with 1920, high, no AA, 16x filtering, and normal for all the rest. I just barely stay at 60fps, as it varies between low 50 and 60.

Of course it would. There is a lot of debris flying around at times that can gobble frames cos of Physx. you might not see much of a boost just walking around though

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
It is, and hit E.
Thanks!

Do I need to play the 1st game to enjoy this?

To enjoy it? no, I would say you could go in blind and piece shit together. However you will not understand a great deal of stuff right from the start like you would if you play 2033.

I say play 2033 first because you will get more out of last light that way

Posts above reminded me, the buttons are mapped really awkwardly I think. C is to throw knives, and E/V are takedowns? doesn't seem very organic.

I agree with Jack. Last Light makes more sense having played 2033.

kamspy

Game is getting better.

Had till restart in regular since ranger didn't work for me because of new controls plus lack of HUD.

I'll play Ranger from now on. If it holds up, I'll play it a few times a year like I do 2033 (in ranger mode)

Just Damn near impossible to start ranger without getting acclimated to the new controls with the HUD on.

I still need to finish 2033 and I'd love to get Last Light, but I think I'd need to upgrade my computer first. I don't think my 5770 could do it justice. And this definitely seems like the sort of game that you need to play it at the highest settings possible.

R3TRODYCE

Stuck on a part about 2 hours in

I'm driving the cart through the tunnel (pushing the train down the tracks) I got to the end and I don't know what to do

derExperte

Stuck on a part about 2 hours in

I'm driving the cart through the tunnel (pushing the train down the tracks) I got to the end and I don't know what to do

Where the train is stuck on the track that leads to the right? Let's say you don't need to go that way.

Top Bottom