• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
New patch:

Professor Pew said:
New update: AMD fixes and FOV

A patch has been released on Steam to fix issues with AMD hardware, and improve performance for these cards. It's live now, but might take a few minutes to reach everyone. Restart your client or verify local files if it doesn't download automatically.

It also fixes a shadow visual corruption bug on AMD 7xxx cards, and fixes an issue with the game starting only in 3:1 resolution on some TVs.

In addition, you can now customize the FOV this way:

After starting the game up, the user.cfg will be updated with the r_base_fov attribute. You can find this in %LOCALAPPDATA%\4A Games\Metro LL\. Tweak it at your leisure!

FGMPR

Banned
Unless you are a PS3 only gamer, I don't really think it makes a whole lot of sense to go out and buy this until you've played the original. 2033 is a lot cheaper, harder (in a good way; scraping for supplies and having to choose your shots carefully is highly rewarding), has a stronger and more oppressive atmosphere (2033 felt like you were in a post-apocalyptic world that was constantly on the verge of extinction whilst LL almost feels more like Fallout 3) and ranger mode feels like a real afterthought in LL as it removes the UI, but often leaves pieces of information unattainable unlike 2033 where it took that information away from you at a glance, but you could still find it.

Last Light also continues directly off from 2033; it feels like the second half of the story so far. I'd say to go and buy 2033 instead, and if you like it then go buy LL.

hawk2025

I'm really, really bummed that my PS3 digital version does not work (can't get past the "text language" screen, the tech support email does not reply to me, and I see no information about it online.

Maybe it's my PS3, but I've tried deleting and redownloading and the exact same thing happens.

Not sure what to do next...

Fracas

#fuckonami
Geez, the (mid-late game spoiler, not ending related as far as I know)
sex scene/romantic subplot is embarrassing. Seriously, wtf.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

lol

The moment I first met her character, I figured something would happen between her and Artyom.

d00d3n

Do you get rewarded in some way for knocking out enemies instead of knifing them? More items from enemies? Some story related stuff? I have followed the knock out path as much as I can, but in hindsight, why bother to leave the nazis alive?

The game is fantastic. Really smart of the developer to focus on stealth gameplay. The incredible graphics and atmosphere were wasted in the more action oriented metro 2033, but not in this game.

Uriah

Do you get rewarded in some way for knocking out enemies instead of knifing them? More items from enemies? Some story related stuff? I have followed the knock out path as much as I can, but in hindsight, why bother to leave the nazis alive?

The game is fantastic. Really smart of the developer to focus on stealth gameplay. The incredible graphics and atmosphere were wasted in the more action oriented metro 2033, but not in this game.

The first game had two endings. One way to get the good ending was to kill as little enemies as possible.

Uriah

Anyone currently playing normal Ranger mode? How is it difficulty-wise? Trying to decide if I can manage it.

I briefly played ranger mode and it wasn't too bad. The biggest problem is not being able to check your ammo count. I switched to regular hardcore because it was so annoying.

Just got the game on PSN. There are few graphical and sound glitches here and there but otherwise a solid game. Was surprised to hear dude named
Khan
within first 2 minutes of starting. My name is finally immortalized in a videogame ^^

So I am currently playing this on PS3....reached The Garden chapter last night. The game frozen while battling that thing. I decide to give my PS3 a rest. I try to play it again today...save corrupted -_________-

Heh, I thought it was kind of sweet. Although I suppose it was coming right off the club scene so anything would have seen well done in comparison ;)

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
What's the difference in hardcore mode? The starting areas seem to be just as easy as on normal. It's too easy to stealth through almost everything, the enemies still go down with a single knife throw or silenced headshot, and so on, I'm back up to the
rescue that guy who later betrays you
part and don't notice anything different, lots of stashes are still there for the looting too... Does ranger make any significant changes?

Maybe I shouldn't use stealth, the original's nearly bugged AI that made it almost impossible to stealth through areas for long might have made it more fun... But again, they go down fast in gunfights too.

This is by far my favourite level of the game up until now (click the pic :p).

The weather effects are crazy, and the night time lighting was cool. (beware of possible spoilers)

amayo15

Banned
The music overall is fucking incredible. Wasn't expecting it TBH. Very nice

I KNOW! Incredible!...it's also reactive to gameplay...which is done in other games but not as well as it's done here. It's seemingly not scripted...seems dynamic - ie tracks are chosen based on enemy types, environment type, ammo/health situation, stealth etc.

I KNOW! Incredible!...it's also reactive to gameplay...which is done in other games but not as well as it's done here. It's seemingly not scripted...seems dynamic - ie tracks are chosen based on enemy types, environment type, ammo/health situation, stealth etc.

A moment in the video I linked above has a really nice music swell that I commented on while playing too. It took me by surprise how nice the music actually was. But don't click the video if you haven't gotten far lol

Elsolar

Has this been posted already? 4A details Metro: Last Light tech upgrades
A little in-depth analysis of the engine.
Also regarding the upcoming PS3 vs. 360 face-off:

2x supersampling (x1.41421 in each dimension) +FXAA-style post-processing (running in super-sampled resolution) provides enough information to surpass 4xMSAA on every front - even in performance in deferred shading pipelines.

Jeez, talk about apples and oranges. Still haven't seen a good reason why there's no MSAA support in this game...

Played. Finished.

Congrats devs, you just made the most depressing game ever. It's even more depressing that Silent Hill 2, Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead blended.

What can I even say? Hell. I just gonna quote the Dark One. "Pitiful. Shameful. Evil." Fuck humanity, man.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Played. Finished.

Congrats devs, you just made the most depressing game ever. It's even more depressing that Silent Hill 2, Spec Ops: The Line and The Walking Dead blended.

What can I even say? Hell. I just gonna quote the Dark One. "Pitiful. Shameful. Evil." Fuck humanity, man.

Aw, fuck. The Walking Dead made me cry, and Spec Ops made me hate humans. I'm screwed.

So, I played through 2033 and immediately started with Last Light and I love them. 2033 was a cool game and I recommend it to play it first if you're interested in. The story in Last Light continues right where 2033 ended. Watch at least a video summary of 2033 or something like this before beginning with the sequel.
Last Light is great so far. Beginning is pretty exciting, gameplay mechanics feel a bit better and graphically it's a step ahead of the other game.

Careful with spoilers. Some of us just started the game.

spectros4

Neo Member
Just finished it. It took me
hours on normal. I still prefer Metro 2033 as a whole, partially due to the fact that
there's an actual objective for the ending to that game, whereas for Last Light, it's just an ending sequence with killing people
I'm still greatly impressed with how 4A Games improved upon the original. Definitely worth a purchase for fans of Metro 2033, and to support a developer that made a game in such harsh conditions.

Dark Ones> Humans

oh if only they existed on real life.

and no, that's not a spoiler. I'm just saying they are better as species in a whole

Uriah

Played. Finished.

Ending
What ending did you get? My ending wasn't very depressing

Top Bottom