• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Last Light |OT| Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

• Thread starter Deleted member 102362
  • Start date

cripterion

Looking forward to the eventual Nvidia performance guide!
Shame about GMG giving the keys on release but I'll take no preload over Steam high prices.

Could one of you guys that has it on PC tell us how big the install size is? Because they still arent telling us on the steam store.

I want to know if they did include these "higher res" assets.

8.7Gb

Anyone getting weird flickering shadows on AMD cards? Wondering if it is a beta driver issue.

Odd, i was playing 2033 again last night, and was able to put it on very high and kept 60fps, even at the part where you get attacked by tons of nosalies in D6. All dat object based motion blur o_O
Went down to 40fps using the flamethrower on the nosalies being chased by the anomaly, but even that was acceptable

TJP

As I posted earlier, GamersGate have already started sending keys out although you'll be paying a lot more for it ($50 vs $37 at GMG). I was lucky to have bought 2 games that gave me quite a lot of in-store credit (blue coins) so I bought Last Light LE for $25.

I was really close to picking up a Geforce Ti Boost 2GB, that was $140 after rebates, for this...

But then I started thinking well hey the game will be $50, and 660's come with a voucher. So I'll be better off getting a 660 (I could get for $200) cause then I end up with a stronger card for the same price.

But then, $200 just seemed like too much for a video card, because I hardly ever PC game. $140 I could sort of justify.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense but for now, I will try this game with my 4890. At least unlike Crysis 3 you dont actually need a DX11 card just to play it!.

For some reason I'm slightly jazzed about this game, it just hits the spot of looking good, and different, at a time when I'm awfully blase about gaming lately. And i really want to play it on PC not my 360, too.

I was really close to picking up a Geforce Ti Boost 2GB, that was $140 after rebates, for this...

But then I started thinking well hey the game will be $50, and 660's come with a voucher. So I'll be better off getting a 660 (I could get for $200) cause then I end up with a stronger card for the same price.

But then, $200 just seemed like too much for a video card, because I hardly ever PC game. $140 I could sort of justify.

Yeah, it doesn't make any sense but for now, I will try this game with my 4890. At least unlike Crysis 3 you dont actually need a DX11 card just to play it!.

For some reason I'm slightly jazzed about this game, it just hits the spot of looking good, and different, at a time when I'm awfully blase about gaming lately. And i really want to play it on PC not my 360, too.

I recommend that you wait for the 700 series if you're serious about picking a new GPU, the prices of the 600 series might go down too by that time.

cripterion

And to think I was supposed to get this game for free. A word of advice for fellow gaffers in France, don't use Grosbill!

cripterion

Redeemed the comic and just read it on my iPad. I gotta say I'm quite confused as to the whole plot with the dark ones now lol

Were they really good guys?

I'm working through the original right now on PC and I really love the atmosphere of this game. I can't wait to see the improvements in Last Light.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
GMG key get! Looking diseases miley face.

Sethos

Banned
I just gave up on that game, the last level was just so bad (Comstock's tower)

Yeah, struggling myself. Playing it on Hard and the game went from being a beautiful experience with great music and the occasional sneaky tactics and all-out gunfights to generic ass pew pew shooter where you are bouncing around like it's a Counter-Strike tournament on crack. "MOAR PATRIOTS!"

lol where are you in Infinite?

Best get hoppin to it

Right after you get on The First Lady and get dumped by the rebels, followed Eli for 20 minutes, she rescues 'you' with the air balloon tear and that's about there. Not sure how far that is

Zep

Banned
Yeah, struggling myself. Playing it on Hard and the game went from being a beautiful experience with great music and the occasional sneaky tactics and all-out gunfights to generic ass pew pew shooter where you are bouncing around like it's a Counter-Strike tournament on crack. "MOAR PATRIOTS!"

Right after you get on The First Lady and get dumped by the rebels, followed Eli for a bit and that's about there. Not sure how far that is

Yea, you got a little while to go. Maybe its because I played it on 1999 mode, but it felt like forever.

yea pretty much, it went from being GOTY to WTF? The end game in Infinite reminded me a lot of the Uncharted series once the bullet sponge enemies showed up, it was bad in Uncharted, but Infinite takes it to another level.

Smokey

Right after you get on The First Lady and get dumped by the rebels, followed Eli for 20 minutes, she rescues 'you' with the air balloon tear and that's about there. Not sure how far that is

You've got a good ways to go. I beat the game yesterday to clear room for metro. I also played on hard. You're gonna have a good time on some of the battles going forward..and by good I mean annoying

zakislam

mAsAOz3.jpg

tSECQoU.jpg

Embargo's on Monday 5 PM UK time.

Why on earth does the steam version of this game launch on the 17th in the EU and the 14th in NA?

I hate that so much. THinking about a VPN...

Pre-load initiated
Why on earth does the steam version of this game launch on the 17th in the EU and the 14th in NA?

I hate that so much. THinking about a VPN...

Happens all the time. and eys VPN is the way my friend. I wanna get a playthrough started for youtube and I'm not waiting until Thursday. I've VPN'd a lot of games by now lol

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Is there still no way to set where the preload loads? I don't want to install it on my main drive.

Yeah otherwise you have to pay for Ranger mode as DLC later. It's a load of shit really
It does make me wonder how they'll handle Ranger Mode for the next Metro game (assuming there is a third).

Top Bottom