• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux |OT| Once more into the Metro, with feeling!

Relique

Apparently Best Buy will be offering a $10 gift card with a pre-order of Metro Redux starting tomorrow. If you have Gamers Club Unlocked you get %20 percent off as well. Great deal on two stellar games. Get on that!

TK Turk

Banned
Apparently Best Buy will be offering a $10 gift card with a pre-order of Metro Redux starting tomorrow. If you have Gamers Club Unlocked you get %20 percent off as well. Great deal on two stellar games. Get on that!

Doesn't need to be preordered. You get the $10 gift card just for buying it the first week its out I believe...

DOWN

Banned
Doesn't need to be preordered. You get the $10 gift card just for buying it the first week its out I believe...

Actually, the Best Buy rep on their forums says it doesn't work on pre-orders. The card is for buying it during the promotion, which he said is intended to start when the game releases. Note that this is not the same as the promotion for Gamer's Club members in which you must pre-order to get $10 in rewards points, but rather it is an instant gift card given to you at the time of purchase, whether you are a member or not. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...ertificate-with-purchase-question/td-p/840509

FYI you get a $10 gift card with Metro Redux at Best Buy, but according to their forums rep, it's not for pre-orders. It needs to be bought during the promotion EDIT: promotion runs from release day through the Saturday of the release week http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334599-best-buy-ad-824-830/
Starts on release day according to the forum rep (which is why he says their system likely won't make the connection to give the gift card), but it's in the ad that comes out Sunday.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...ertificate-with-purchase-question/td-p/840509

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/334599-best-buy-ad-824-830/

AJLma

Quick comparison of PS4 capture @ 60fps from digital foundry and a 60 fps capture on my rig from LL (assuming equal and having the exact same frame stepping for motionblur).

Metro LL PC (look at the hands and arms)

Metro Redux PS4

It'll be a huge loss IMO if the console versions have no motion blur.

Metro: LL has some of the best subtle motion blur I've seen in a game. Seeing the Watchmen(dog looking creatures) up close with their quick movements obscured by blur was probably my first "oh shit" next-gen moment.

Just so I'm clear, is it common practice to be able to use these gift cards on the initial purchase? So I can get Metro:R from Best Buy for $40? I may cancel my Amazon pre order, unless they match.

TK Turk

Banned
Just so I'm clear, is it common practice to be able to use these gift cards on the initial purchase? So I can get Metro:R from Best Buy for $40? I may cancel my Amazon pre order, unless they match.

What? You can't use the gift from your purchase on your purchase. The gift card is awarded AFTER you buy the game...

DOWN

Banned

The gift card is given to you. It is part of the game purchase transaction for you to get it. Thus, they can't use it on the very same transaction you are getting the gift card from in the first place.

You most likely can just use it on your very next transaction.

Also, if you have a GCU membership, you already get the game for $40 and then the $10 gift card, essentially costing you only $30 for the game. That's how I'm doing it.

RoKKeR

Which is a shame. One of the best single player FPS games I've ever played.

Agreed whole-heartedly. Last Light was my favorite FPS campaign of last gen right behind CoD 4 and Halo 3.

It'll be a huge loss IMO if the console versions have no motion blur.

Metro: LL has some of the best subtle motion blur I've seen in a game. Seeing the Watchmen(dog looking creatures) up close with their quick movements obscured by blur was probably my first "oh shit" next-gen moment.

I will also be bummed if there is no motion-blur in the console versions. I was stunned at how good Last Light looked last year, and the motion-blur quality went a long way in selling it's visuals.

Haven't seen this clarified anywhere, but is the current owner discount on Steam only applicable for pre-orders, or will it be a discount in perpetuity (like for Deus Ex:HR Director's Cut?)

subtleglitch

Neo Member
Still undecided on whether to buy the Redux package on steam, as I already own the two games (although I still haven't gotten around to playing them yet, as I am waiting on building my new PC soon).

They do offer a discount for owning the two games, if you buy the redux package which is nice--but at the same time I feel silly re-purchasing the same games. Indecisiveness!

Bry0

Still undecided on whether to buy the Redux package on steam, as I already own the two games (although I still haven't gotten around to playing them yet, as I am waiting on building my new PC soon).

They do offer a discount for owning the two games, if you buy the redux package which is nice--but at the same time I feel silly re-purchasing the same games. Indecisiveness!

While i haven't played redux, I'd skip Last Light redux because that game didnt really change at all. 2033 might be worth it if the first game's gunplay bothers you, but it's not totally necessary.

there is a guy streaming this on PS4 right now and he looks like a real life hitman. He's also smoking while he plays which is sorta awesome lol

Fbh

Bought a used copy of Watch Dogs (ps4) a month ago for $30... just sold it to some guy for $40 which will go towards this on tuesday :D

So.... kind of pointless as I don't understand the language and won't notice.
But is there any russian gaffer here that played the original?
How is the russian dub?

DOWN

Banned
Bought a copy used Watch Dogs (ps4) a month ago for $30... just sold it to some guy for $40 which will go towards this on tuesday :D

How is the russian dub?

I'd love to hear this as well. My only experience with Metro is playing a little 2033 on 360 and it was definitely enough to get me interested in Redux. But I played a little in the Russian dub and thought it was cool, so I'm curious if it is worth going through the whole thing in Russian or if it isn't considered well done. I might just do English this time, but I'm curious either way.

Bought a copy used Watch Dogs (ps4) a month ago for $30... just sold it to some guy for $40 which will go towards this on tuesday :D

How is the russian dub?

I'd love to hear this as well. My only experience with Metro is playing a little 2033 on 360 and it was definitely enough to get me interested in Redux. But I played a little in the Russian dub and thought it was cool, so I'm curious if it is worth going through the whole thing in Russian or if it isn't considered well done. I might just do English this time, but I'm curious either way.
I haven't played the games yet, but this is what I've gathered from other gaffers:
The Russian dub is much better than the English one
The one drawback is that there are no subtitles for all the chatter from background npc's. Hopefully someone who has played can be more specific.

Watevaman

Is the 50% discount going to be gone once the game is actually released? I was hoping to pick up 2033 Redux, but I don't really want to preorder it but also don't want to buy it for 25 bucks.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is the 50% discount going to be gone once the game is actually released? I was hoping to pick up 2033 Redux, but I don't really want to preorder it but also don't want to buy it for 25 bucks.

Yes:

Pre-purchase today to take advantage of an exclusive loyalty bonus offer – a 25% discount for each original Metro title in your Steam Library.

For example – if you already own Metro 2033 or Metro: Last Light, you will receive a 25% discount on the Metro 2033 Redux bundle.

If you own both original games on Steam, you will receive a 50% discount!

Relique

Actually, the Best Buy rep on their forums says it doesn't work on pre-orders. The card is for buying it during the promotion, which he said is intended to start when the game releases. Note that this is not the same as the promotion for Gamer's Club members in which you must pre-order to get $10 in rewards points, but rather it is an instant gift card given to you at the time of purchase, whether you are a member or not. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming...ertificate-with-purchase-question/td-p/840509

Thanks for clarifying this.

I just checked the website and it now adds a $10 gift card with the game. So now it works on pre-orders as well if anyone is interested.

M.W.

I'll pick up Last Light on Tue for PS4. Do we know if it's available at midnight est or pst yet?

DOWN

Banned
Thanks for clarifying this.

I just checked the website and it now adds a $10 gift card with the game. So now it works on pre-orders as well if anyone is interested.

Yep, the promo is now active, so if you were to pre-order now you will see the gift card in your cart. Think I might go ahead and do it. I don't mind that the gift card has to ship while I'll be doing store pick-up for the game.

Layd Dly

GCU + GC makes it a pretty solid deal, plusI had $20 in RWZ Coupons, so I promptly jumped on this for $20 OOP. I never finished either game anyways.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Are the original games being removed from the steam library with this release? will i be able to access them separately like how the Deus Ex Directors cut was handled?

Are the original games being removed from the steam library with this release? will i be able to access them separately like how the Deus Ex Directors cut was handled?

They show up as completely different, new games on Steam. I've got Metro 2033 and Metro 2033 Redux side by side in my library right now.

fritzo

PSN is having a flash sale for Last Light on PS3 for $10. Should I get the PS3 version or the PS4 for $25. btw, got $10 PSN credit.

DOWN

Banned
PSN is having a flash sale for Last Light on PS3 for $10. Should I get the PS3 version or the PS4 for $25. btw, got $10 PSN credit.

PS4 forever. I think you ought to just run for the best specs you can. It's not like you still aren't getting a fantastic price.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Haha it's showing up as $199.99 USD for me right now. Must be a glitch prior to official release.
Can you see it at all on the store now? I can't find it on the XB1, website or smartglass. I wonder if it's getting the digital pre order treatment (leaving it a little late).

Jb

Just found out Deep Silver actually priced it correctly in EU at 40E instead of 50E, awesome :) Will gladly pick it up now, even though I own and never played 2033 on Steam.

J

JoJo UK

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon UK are doing these for £25 on both PS4 and Xbox One. Seems like an awesome price for the disc package.
I was thinking about doing this if the digital price is a lot more (I'll be buying it in USD), also I think it's released earlier in the US (26th v 29th)?

I LOVED Wolfenstein but it's not exactly hard to look better than that game
KuGsj.gif

I know Wolfenstein suffers from Id Tech 5 syndrome, but I honestly think its an utterly gorgeous game. Yeah its got shit textures up close, but the art direction and overall design makes up for it. Not saying its better looking than 2033, cause it isn't, but its got that X factor that makes me really enjoy its visuals

B_Signal

I've been playing the two Redux games. The step up from 2033 to Last Light, even in the redux versions is huge, I'm really impressed. Even the little things, like I don't think I had to wipe my gas mask at all through 2033, but in Last Light you really need to.

The one thing I will say though, and this is more true of 2033 I think, it still doesn't really explain all the mechanics. It's nice to not get lectured by a game, but little things like the lighter and your journal, how to change to your better ammo, how to charge your torch, it could all be better explained

misho8723

Banned
Just found out Deep Silver actually priced it correctly in EU at 40E instead of 50E, awesome :) Will gladly pick it up now, even though I own and never played 2033 on Steam.

Here in Slovakia the price of the retail boxed version is 20/21 E :)

DOWN

Banned
Can you see it at all on the store now? I can't find it on the XB1, website or smartglass. I wonder if it's getting the digital pre order treatment (leaving it a little late).

They said it is just going to be available starting on release day digitally and as a disc. No digital pre-order on consoles.

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/502801854775193600[/tweet]

BvpPnx2CcAAtHmm.jpg

They said it is just going to be available starting on release day digitally and as a disc. No digital pre-order on consoles.

[tweet]https://mobile.twitter.com/MetroVideoGame/status/502801854775193600[/tweet]

BvpPnx2CcAAtHmm.jpg

Question: Is the European Steam Unlock purposefully pushed to the friday? Will I have to tunnel through the Atlantic with a VPN to play this game today?

DOWN

Banned
Question: Is the European Steam Unlock purposefully pushed to the friday? Will I have to tunnel through the Atlantic with a VPN to play this game today?

While it's been changing recently, usually US home media releases on Tuesdays (now some are on Friday as it is a growing trend here). So yes, generally if a game is coming out Tuesday here, it comes out the Friday of that week for Europe. It comes out tomorrow for us US players.

Top Bottom