• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metro: Redux |OT| Once more into the Metro, with feeling!

Carbonox

Just beat Metro 2033. Very impressive game. The atmosphere, the setting, the premise and even visually at times it's a treat. Combat took a while to click but it became quite fun. Some of the weapons are glorious.

50% trophy bar, gonna Platinum it before starting on Last Light. If that's even better then hnnnnnnnnngh.

Beat Metro 2033. What an amazing game. Started Last Light, loving it. The weapons in these games are god tier. Those reload animations are so great. This is the game I wanted Wolfenstein to be, but it never clicked. So glad I picked this collection up.

d00d3n

*SNIP*

Furthermore, using the default SLI bits I get 1 get on average 1 fps better with Tri-SLI in comparison to 2 way SLI.

SIGH.

Have you tried using the custom SLI bit 0x080F12F5, which was posted here? I haven't tried with Tri-SLI, but the custom bit appears to have better scaling, at the cost of some bugs detailed in the link.

Just beat LL and I must say, this game was a real treat. I'm glad I waited until I upgraded my PC to play it. I played 2033 when it first came out and I loved it also. I really like this style of FPS. I really want to see these guys revitalize the STALKER series but, I'm pretty sure that will never happen.

Have you tried using the custom SLI bit 0x080F12F5, which was posted here? I haven't tried with Tri-SLI, but the custom bit appears to have better scaling, at the cost of some bugs detailed in the link.

Yeah, I am the guy who posted about the SSR prolems with that bit :p

I find the ssr delay really distracting in a lot of scenes. SO i tend not to want to use those bits unfortunately.

Nodnol

Just completed 2033.

Thoroughly enjoyed that! The atmosphere and pacing was such a breath of fresh air; too many FPS' recently insist on everything flying by at 100mph. There was a real charm about the game when things slowed down. I just felt the world allowed you to take stock and take it all in, and it just helped you really buy into it.

On to Last Light!

d00d3n

Yeah, I am the guy who posted about the SSR prolems with that bit :p

I find the ssr delay really distracting in a lot of scenes. SO i tend not to want to use those bits unfortunately.

Haha, totally missed you in the comments section (despite same name). Didn't realize the bug was so distracting ... I didn't notice anything in the intro chapter, but if it gets annoying down the line I guess I have to drop my dream of 120 fps and use the original bit.

napalmjam

Everytime the game takes the control away before a cutscene it puts the nv goggles on and ruins the set piece also the sound seems mixed up anyone getting these problems on ps4?

Everytime the game takes the control away before a cutscene it puts the nv goggles on and ruins the set piece also the sound seems mixed up anyone getting these problems on ps4?

This is the second time someone has posted a report about this.

Never happened to me on pc though.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Has anybody who owns the PS4/X1 version been able to make it through the Tower DLC on Last Light?

This thing is the most frustrating fucking piece of shit I have ever played. I can't beat the damn thing on even normal.

I choose the easiest of the three and just get absolutely slaughtered. The auto aim is shitty.

I just have to wonder how 4A Games thought a horde mode was a good idea on a game with more methodical mechanics.

Every online walkthrough has been done using the PC version .

Just very frustrated and am trying to calm down and take a break.

Does this game not have a digital manual? I'm trying to figure out the watch but the guides for the 2033 and Last Light watches don't match the watch I have in 2033 Redux

Shady859

I was thinking of picking this up on PS4 since my console has been so lonely aside from Madden but all these hooro stories make me think playing 2033 on PC and getting Last Light whenever it's cheap is the way to go. I haven't played either fwiw..

Carnby

I'm playing through 2033 for the first time. I'm on the surface with Bourbon, and I'm not enjoying it very much. The controls are a bit complicated, and I don't know why I bothered picking "sneaking mode" (what ever it's called) because I have more than enough ammo to kill everything. Also, it's not like I have a choice to sneak, I've fought nothing but monster waves.

There are too many cut scenes, too many buttons to remember, the guns feel like pea shooters, and a lot of glitches. At leaat the environments look fantastic.

Fbh

Ok guys WTF, my game just went crazy.

So I'm playing 2033 Redux on PS4.
Survival, Hardcore Ranger Mode.

I think I'm something like mid chapter 5 (or 6):
After the library you go to a church and then back into the Metro... something like 10-15 minutes into that part

We get ambushed by monsters and I die, nothing new here. So I restart from the checkpoint and:
- I no longer have my second weapon (a cool upgraded shotgun), just my revolver.
- When pressing R1 (inventory) I now suddenly do have a HUD (but just when pressing R1)

What the hell did just happen. Did it change the difficulty?, am I in one big bug?
I'm a bit scared of cotinuing and triggering a checkpoint because I'm not sure if this will fuck up more as continue.

Has anyone encountered this? Is there a fix?. Will restarting the chapter help?

Yeah that part is scary, my heart was pounding. Having my lights off and heatset on made it even worse.

lol, seriously guys? the librarians are the least scary monsters in the game especially since you can just stare them down. actually none of the mutants are scary except for the dark ones at first.

KingJolly

Banned
lol, seriously guys? the librarians are the least scary monsters in the game especially since you can just stare them down. actually none of the mutants are scary except for the dark ones at first.

I bet you shat bricks the first time you fell into the water and that pirahna plant thingie ate you :p

You can't be serious, that freaking breathing noise, jumps and breaking walls out of nowhere, I was sweating...

Help! I'm on the part in 2033 where I'm in a trolley with a mounted gun and a
panzer tank
chasing me. I've played this same bit 5 times now. The trolley gets hit and is still for a little bit, then some Nazis come out on the left side and say 'there he is, fire!'. No matter what I do or how many I kill I always get killed before the trolley gets moving again and clear of the enemies. What am I doing wrong?

Edit: never mind, I got clear of it somehow. I guess you're armored on the sides so you can turn away from the enemies and recover a little bit

RoKKeR

Help! I'm on the part in 2033 where I'm in a trolley with a mounted gun and a
panzer tank
chasing me. I've played this same bit 5 times now. The trolley gets hit and is still for a little bit, then some Nazis come out on the left side and say 'there he is, fire!'. No matter what I do or how many I kill I always get killed before the trolley gets moving again and clear of the enemies. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing probably, it's just a tough section. I was stuck there on my initial Redux playthrough. Remember you can crouch down to get more cover, and I found it helpful to aim yourself at like a 45 degree angle and always be looking in front and to the left of the cart instead of behind.

Nothing probably, it's just a tough section. I was stuck there on my initial Redux playthrough. Remember you can crouch down to get more cover, and I found it helpful to aim yourself at like a 45 degree angle and always be looking in front and to the left of the cart instead of behind.
Can you? I hit circle and it didn't seem to do anything.

I rented this and came in here to ask if anyone else can't figure out why they aren't able to get into 2033. Seems like I'm not alone.

Gonna go straight to Last Light since for some reason that one appealed to me right from the start. I haven't played enough of 2033 to even judge it fairly, I just get bored almost instantly and feel like I should be doing something else. It's the weirdest damn thing, and very similar to how I felt about Dishonored.

I finished both games, good stuff. My biggest complain is probably the talk/unskippable cutscenes. That and I found sights to be pretty mediocre.

KNIVES TOO OP

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Has anyone made it through the tower level that is part of the last light DLC? If you haven't then you ain't seen difficult yet?

It's the hardest thing on the game by far and could easily prevent me from getting the Last Light platinum.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Metro: Redux's tower DLC will finally teach people the innate superiority of the mouse and keyboard for FPS games :p

Yeah, all the walkthroughs show this being done on PC where people are lining up headshots at a rate that is absolutely impossible on PS4.

I can't beat the 5 wave level. I get absolutely slaughtered because I get too quickly overrun.

Rivitur

Banned
Has anyone made it through the tower level that is part of the last light DLC? If you haven't then you ain't seen difficult yet?

It's the hardest thing on the game by far and could easily prevent me from getting the Last Light platinum.
Tried it when it first came and nope never again its on its own difficulty curve.

still haven't tried the tower dlc. don't want to before finishing the campaign since starting anything new will overwrite my story save, which is stupid as hell.

Can anyone tell me which chapter of 2033 the
spider type enemies
show up in? I want to get back to them but can't remember which chapter they were in.

Top Bottom