• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Salsa

strx said:
But the varia suit is just a recolor of the power suit. It has no other additions like it's supposed to.

smsamusta1.jpg

Shoulder things and what not. Also in other m the barrel of the gun is way too narrow. I looks silly.

Yeah i called it Varia because in my mind Power suit is just the Varia without its shoulder things. And in this game she has the shoulder things.

So, yeah :lol

Salsa

Its also the most feminine Samus ive seen. Both animation and design come together and you can really tell there´s a woman in there.

Boney

Banned
The suit is much sleeker, definately my favourite as well. They even made the Power and Gravity suit look good.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Gouken said:
I'm so shocked to read that a lot of people like this disappointing game! :(

Opinions and all that.

LowParry

Gouken said:

It starts out slow, then gets good. At that point everything is predictable so your anticipation grows to what you know what to expect and fight.

Disguises

Stallion Free said:
Wow, the Art Gallery either scales using dark magic or is actually like 1080p or higher:

http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2010-09-0416-19f5za.jpg

http://www.abload.de/img/dolphin2010-09-0416-19yuqu.jpg
Well you can zoom in on them in the game, so just high res.
Gouken said:
Me too. I reserved judgement until I at least played the game. I've just completed it and am still confused how people were disappointed. Although I do agree that the story is a bit silly
near the end of the game

Im in fucking love with this game, some people will says is one of the worst metroids, but i have just beat
Nightamare 2
and I put it with fusion and corruption, that came second in my list with super, zero and prime all in the first place (sorry, I love them all equally), if I had to separate the second place Other M would be before Fusion and corruption, what makes this game the 4th after all the master works, and that is not an easy feat.

It could change at the end of the game, but Ive seen people say the best comes at the end I think it will stay like that, but lets see.

Gouken

Banned
Well I'm a huge metroid fan, I found other M extremely dull and the play mechanics broken, in my opinion team ninja did a terrible job, I was hoping for something more up beat a long the lines of NG. The game feels confused switching from first person view, to side scrolling then back to 3D. I'm gonna give it more time and see how i like it, and please tell me there are less stupid cut scenes later on, I personally prefer the silent metroid atmosphere.

LowParry

Question: I don't recall so refresh my memory. Has it ever been explained in previous Metroids about how Samus got her suit?

Poyunch

Gouken said:
Well I'm a huge metroid fan, I found other M extremely dull and the play mechanics broken, in my opinion team ninja did a terrible job, I was hoping for something more up beat a long the lines of NG. The game feels confused switching from first person view, to side scrolling then back to 3D. I'm gonna give it more time and see how i like it, and please tell me there are less stupid cut scenes later on, I personally prefer the silent metroid atmosphere.
You say confused and I say dynamic.

evangd007

Just saw the credits roll. Good action game, good metroid game, good game. Controls were fine, and story was good, although the script appears to have been a little too literal a translation and voice direction was hit or miss. Other than that
HOLY CRAP there's new areas after the credits roll? How long is the post-game content?

Salsa

CcrooK said:
Question: I don't recall so refresh my memory. Has it ever been explained in previous Metroids about how Samus got her suit?

Given to her at teenage years by the Chozo who raised her.

farnham

Banned
so i finally got around playing this game abit more after i finished a session of boring german inheritance and family law :lol :lol

the game moves really fluidly and the combat is very satisfying. i dont think the first&thirdperson switching is bad at all. actually it is a good risk/reward system. missles really mean something but you cant spam them as you dont have many of them (even if they are replenishable through concentration). also i like the platforming so far. it really feels like a 2d game in terms of platforming. amazing given its a 3d game.

story doesnt bother me that much. i had no expectations for it as people were slamming it hard on that ground.

Poyunch

Threi said:
you sure it's the game?

you sure it isn't....you?
I think he means the game doesn't focus on one thing an it seems to have an identity crisis at times (which it does). Still it's not that bad. If you're right than he's just a silly user.

Poyunch

SalsaShark said:
Lol true :lol second/current one is supposedly better though.
At least it's one of the few times where it makes sense that she doesn't have all of her abilities in the next game. Even though Prime still had to do that silly scene.

Or if we're ignoring Prime and going straight to Metroid II. Yeah it makes sense.

Poyunch

AceBandage said:
But it may be invaded by the other etiolate.
When the time comes we will have to deal with it but until then we must celebrate.

Boney said:
What the hell did we do?

I don't enjoy being called a dumbfuck for no apparent reason.
We just don't get it. We're all wrong.

Beth Cyra

Boney said:
What the hell did we do?

Do you think that Other M is sexist and a complete afront to women?

If not you are probably a dumbfuck if he is still going off about the same shit.

RagnarokX

PounchEnvy said:
At least it's one of the few times where it makes sense that she doesn't have all of her abilities in the next game. Even though Prime still had to do that silly scene.

Or if we're ignoring Prime and going straight to Metroid II. Yeah it makes sense.
Huh? But the legendary power suit she gets at the end of Zero Mission has all of her abilities.
Boney said:
What the hell did we do?

He's just not very good at arguing and has decided to just end it all with a straw man and an ad hominem for good measure.

Poyunch

RagnarokX said:
Huh? But the legendary power suit she gets at the end of Zero Mission has all of her abilities.
Well I'm just saying they could have gotten away with it. The whole setup would have been the perfect alibi for the next game.

LowParry

There are small qualms about Other M that doesn't make sense, but it's still a fun game. I'm still working on it and look to have it finished by next week. I hope. I'm too hooked on MGS: Peace Walker right now. Probably my GOTY.

I'd like to reiterate that etiolate was previously banned due to attacking people in Metroid threads for not thinking on the higher plane that he was.

That he has managed to avoid the same fate here is pretty incredible.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
What the hell is happening in my Metroid thread. I check out for a day and all hell breaks loose, I guess you need my calming presence.

Anyways, work sucks and I wish someone would fire me so I can get back to this game. I'll probably be the last of the regulars of this thread to finish Other M, I don't have the time to consume an entire game in a week, but I have all abilities unlocked so I must be getting close to the end.
This game is friggin great, though, I've had a hell of a time so far and it should end up being pretty high in my GOTY list.

Top Bottom