• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Instro

Mael said:
Yay for locales that are fucking cliche'd mess, and the game is certainly on the short side, who cares if it's longer than a game from 1986? It's half as short as the shortest prime game for god's sake for something that cost the same price as the Metroid Trilogy I can expect a bit more than a game that doesn't even feel like they finished making it

Took me about as long to beat this game as it did the Prime's, and considering the Prime games are padded out with huge sections of backtracking and fetch quests I'm pretty sure they are basically the same in length. Not sure why you'd think one of the Prime games are significantly longer.

Bankoiia

Gonna go and pick this one up tomorrow, and i'm going in with really low expectations. I hear it takes just about 7 hours to complete?
Makes me wonder how much of that time is spent watching cutscenes... Ah, what the heck.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Mael said:
Yay for locales that are fucking cliche'd mess, and the game is certainly on the short side, who cares if it's longer than a game from 1986? It's half as short as the shortest prime game for god's sake for something that cost the same price as the Metroid Trilogy I can expect a bit more than a game that doesn't even feel like they finished making it

Not this; don't go comparing how long a game is for the price between two games that are so different in focus. Especially when Other M is not "short" on its own terms. The Prime games have their length increased by /lots/ of backtracking (more in some than others) that turns you around to go directly back through an area you just visited. And then there's the world-spanning Triforce hunt as the finale, which is just there to pad length in the worst way.

Other M at the core is based off the 2D games in mentality, pacing, and size. It's also as long or longer than the average $60 shooter and action adventure game this generation. Especially when it's largely non-backtracky save for finding all the items for the postgame surprises - which isn't part of it's 10 hour main campaign. It's fine for the price.

Edit: also, Metroid Prime only has like 3 to 4 main areas in each game. I don't get this "Other M only has 4 areas!" bit. Prime just adds a few extra, small, transitional, intro, or finale sections apart from its primary zones.

Kard8p3

Bankoiia said:
Gonna go and pick this one up tomorrow, and i'm going in with really low expectations. I hear it takes just about 7 hours to complete?
Makes me wonder how much of that time is spent watching cutscenes... Ah, what the heck.

It's different for everyone. It takes anywhere from 8 to 15 hours. It took me ten to finish it and almost 12 to 100% it.

Instro

Bankoiia said:

Id say 9+ hours, I was moving pretty fast and finished with 55% and it still took me over 9. The post game stuff plus final collection will probably take you another hour or 2 as well. So your looking at a pretty solid 10-12 hours for a first playthrough.

Mael

Instro said:
Took me about as long to beat this game as it did the Prime's, and considering the Prime games are padded out with huge sections of backtracking and fetch quests I'm pretty sure they are basically the same in length. Not sure why you'd think one of the Prime games are significantly longer.

Let's not go that way, the problem is not really the length of the game but really that it brings nothing new.
Remember when you entered an area not knowing what to expect? well that is gone from Other M, there's no surprise that will ever come from the places you'll visit...EVER.
Gee a jungle level, didn't see that one coming...except in all the fucking games I played!
Seriously a hub + 3 areas everybody expected to see? That's like Wind Waker was made of 3 dungeons : Jungle, Water & Fire.
I would expect more from Zelda, so I do expect more from Metroid, unless having varied areas is no longer a stapple of Metroid anymore according to the bible from Apostle Sakamoto?

Instro

Mael said:
Let's not go that way, the problem is not really the length of the game but really that it brings nothing new.
Remember when you entered an area not knowing what to expect? well that is gone from Other M, there's no surprise that will ever come from the places you'll visit...EVER.
Gee a jungle level, didn't see that one coming...except in all the fucking games I played!
Seriously a hub + 3 areas everybody expected to see? That's like Wind Waker was made of 3 dungeons : Jungle, Water & Fire.
I would expect more from Zelda, so I do expect more from Metroid, unless having varied areas is no longer a stapple of Metroid anymore according to the bible from Apostle Sakamoto?

Well considering the story hinges on the fact that the GF
was using the bottleship to recreate Zebes
the environments are supposed to be similar to those found in Super Metroid. Not that mind blowing. Im assuming you complained when Prime and Prime 3 did the exact same thing right?

I dont get your argument, earlier you were complaining that Other M was too different from previous titles, and now you are complaining that it is too much like the previous titles.

Boney

Banned
Mael said:
You're forgetting the fact that the game is more fast paced. You run like 3 times faster. This is like the classic get rid of the bulshit just to make the game longer. Fetch quests anybody?

Considering how they used it in even Super Metroid, it's a real downer to go back to use-it-only-when-the-devs-tell-you-to.
And that's about it as far as items goes, and you gotta laugh at the inconsistencies they bring everywhere
gravity suit anyone?
, after they went to all tht trouble to convince us that this would be a return to form or something :lol
You used the grapple beam on special squares on the ceiling. Except for that one boss, which admitedly was one of the most amazing things ever, but wouldn't mesh well with the mechanics of Other M. What inconsistency with the Gravity Suit though?

And this was never advertised as a return to form. If you were expecting Super 2, that's your own fault. It was always advertised as what it is. A more linear approach to Metroid, with story and a rehauled battle system.

Yeah, like I don't know how in the previous games (even the Prime games) you could interact more with the background than simply using 1 bomb there because the devs said so. It's like the whole world of the game is in some kind of titanium allow you're not allowed to break... And there's also the fact that there's fucking invisible walls everywhere...
It's designed so you keep forward and investigate suspicious places, not bomb every single square. It makes a lot more sense.

NOT LIKE FUSION. Fusion provided the maps but they were always incomplete and never put a big sticker with the way to go (only 1, always)
Fusion always pointed you in which direction to go except for 2 parts. The power cut and the underwater part. Everywhere else it had pointers, which you had to figure out how to get there sometimes, it's fairly straightforward in design. This one has hidden parts for the powerups. It's as close as fusion as it can be. Both very straightforward with inmediate objectives.

Yep which is why they kept only the ruining pacing of the scanning and decided to get rid of everything else that made scanning cool. And the architecture? In that game? Seriously Metroid 2 has more interesting locales and that's a green/yellow game!
If you hadn't noticed, I was talking about the Prime series here. They did a fantastic job with individual rooms. "Scanning" here is fairly straightforward, reach a dead end, pop to first person and fire a missile, does a great job at puzzle solving and clearing routes. In Prime, you can't see the enviroment well thanks to everything being red, green or dim. You need to fill that scanning gauge and then proceed to read the scan. Multiply this by 5 for every room and we got trouble here. It's a great mechanic, but not absent of flaws.

Amalthea

Banned
I love this game like I love every Metroid, does that mean I have low standards or does it mean that I'm a big fan of the series?

Boney

Banned
Tyrant_Onion said:
I love this game like I love every Metroid, does that mean I have low standards or does it mean that I'm a big fan of the series?
I love every game in the series as well.

Instro

Boney said:
I love every game in the series as well.

How is Metroid 2 btw? I only remember playing a small portion of it many years ago and not liking it. Its the only Metroid I haven't played/finished.

Boney

Banned
Instro said:
How is Metroid 2 btw? I only remember playing a small portion of it many years ago and not liking it. Its the only Metroid I haven't played/finished.
It's hard and although straightforward, confusing. It has so many cool elements, and the Metroid count is a fantastic adition to the formula. As long as you can stomach hard and confusing old games, you should have a blast.

I never could beat the Queen though :(

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Instro said:

Better than Metroid, but a long shot from Super. Out of the original three, its the iffy inbetween. If the original Metroid is a bit too clunky for you to play, then its not likely Metroid II will change your mind, as its still missing a lot of the tighter design and refinements found in Super. Its lack of any colour palette also hurts, especially for navigation.

Its still very good though, if quite hard. As others have stated a billion times over, it really needs a Zero Mission treatment.

54-46! said:
Never played the game but after hearing Spoony's review I think I'll be staying away.. :lol

You should ignore everybody who uses the term 'betrayal' in regards to Other M. Seriously.

54-46! said:
Never played the game but after hearing Spoony's review I think I'll be staying away.. :lol
*clicks*

Spoony explains why Samus Aran may never recover from this complete and thorough betrayal of the entire series.

jrftdl.jpg

Boney

Banned
54-46! said:

(not that I would play it anyway since I don't own a Wii)
People hate it and people love it. It's pretty divisive. I think is one of the best in the series. Don't know who this Spoony guy is, but many people that align with my taste like Kohler and Parish think it's great, but with some flaws that ultimately keep it down from being a classic.

Kard8p3

54-46! said:

(not that I would play it anyway since I don't own a Wii)

Just to let you know there is some misinformation in his review. Almost all his story complaints are complete over-exaggeration.

Mael

Instro said:
Well considering the story hinges on the fact that the GF
was using the bottleship to recreate Zebes
the environments are supposed to be similar to those found in Super Metroid. Not that mind blowing. Im assuming you complained when Prime and Prime 3 did the exact same thing right?

I dont get your argument, earlier you were complaining that Other M was too different from previous titles, and now you are complaining that it is too much like the previous titles.

Irrelevant Fusion's holodeck is based on
SR388
and we still got to see new environments. They took the lazy routes, I'm calling them on it.
Prime only features the 1rst snow/ice level from the series, the first sandy ruins and a totally new extraction mine : in short TOTAL retread amirite?
Prime 3 has a sky town (please enlighten me what other Metroid game have that), a planet made of sentient metal. Again I can find half a dozen games in the Metroid serie where I can find that amirite?

Compare that to Other M and you'll see what I mean, and being too different is not always a bad thing. Being different like Metroid 2/4 were is a GOOD thing.

Boney said:
You're forgetting the fact that the game is more fast paced. You run like 3 times faster. This is like the classic get rid of the bulshit just to make the game longer. Fetch quests anybody?

Considering the game is filled with cutscenes and uninteractive sequence I wouldn't exactly say that they cut the BS more like they made a BS cake and put a game in it somewhere.
And even then you run 3 times as fast....in boring déjà-vu locales

Boney said:
You used the grapple beam on special squares on the ceiling. Except for that one boss, which admitedly was one of the most amazing things ever, but wouldn't mesh well with the mechanics of Other M. What inconsistency with the Gravity Suit though?

And that's still more interesting than what they did with it in Other M, in SM it was used for some tricky platforming (Maridia's big rooms). Now? You can count on your hands where they located the place to use it (always in plain sight too) and you have countrol of jackshit in term of where it'll allow you to go : in short, worse than in Prime 1 even.
GS is in every other game a specific colour scheme change, not anymore :lol!
I guess someone will explain to me next that it's Metroid Prime that got it wrong and Other M is flawless :lol

Boney said:
And this was never advertised as a return to form. If you were expecting Super 2, that's your own fault. It was always advertised as what it is. A more linear approach to Metroid, with story and a rehauled battle system.
Do I need to take out the quote where they call it a NES Metroid with modern tech every time?
I mean that's basically what Super Metroid already was anyway.

Boney said:
It's designed so you keep forward and investigate suspicious places, not bomb every single square. It makes a lot more sense.

No, What you described was the Metroid Prime approach.
This, however, is making you go forward, kill everyone and pick the powerup where you expect it to be.

Boney said:
Fusion always pointed you in which direction to go except for 2 parts. The power cut and the underwater part. Everywhere else it had pointers, which you had to figure out how to get there sometimes, it's fairly straightforward in design. This one has hidden parts for the powerups. It's as close as fusion as it can be. Both very straightforward with inmediate objectives.
That is finished with Other M, you don't even HAVE to figure it out, it's spelt for you every time you find a new save station.
Playing Prime games with the hint system actually was more challenging than this.

Boney said:
If you hadn't noticed, I was talking about the Prime series here. They did a fantastic job with individual rooms. "Scanning" here is fairly straightforward, reach a dead end, pop to first person and fire a missile, does a great job at puzzle solving and clearing routes. In Prime, you can't see the enviroment well thanks to everything being red, green or dim. You need to fill that scanning gauge and then proceed to read the scan. Multiply this by 5 for every room and we got trouble here. It's a great mechanic, but not absent of flaws.
:lol
you make it look like Other M did it right with their mandatory scan parts!
I'm not even talking about using the missiles, that's straightforward. I'm talking about the you-cant-do-anything-until-you-point-to-THIS-pixel part of Other M which is basically Prime's scan done horribly wrong : everything that was good about it was ripped from it.
It sucks now.

Instro said:

The main griefs I have with Metroid 2 is that it was it was monochrome so it wasn't easy telling some rooms apart, but being probably more linear than Fusion, it really helps out in that way. There isn't really any backtracking at all. The metroids are also a chalenge. It's still a great game.

LowParry

So after beating the game, and having been told of some story elements that aren't part of the game, my rage has subdued. This was a fun game. I really enjoyed it. Though there are small complaints.

Authorized to use weapons? So annoying. But at the same time, I think it was nice to see Samus still with all her power ups. But it did give me the sense of less exploration like previous Metroid games. A little bummed but the item search for missile tanks and the likes was good enough.

Controls took a bit to getting used to. Going from third person to first was a minor difficult thing but once you got the rhythm down, it got easier.

Boss fights were alright. I was so pumped after the real Ridely fight and I was craving for more. Only to come to find out that a Queen Metroid finishes him off. Mad I say, so so mad. But at the same time, it was so good to see some Metroids in action. And the final boss. Oh my. Phantoon on roids. That brought a smile and calmed me down after seeing such a horrible horrible ending.

As for story, it wreaked of Team Ninja quality. They really did put in a good effort with the Metroid series. Character design was spot on and made Samus the agile bounty hunter she is. Finishing moves were way way cool. The whole thing between Adam and Samus was dumb. Thumbs down bitch! Oiy. I can't really say or feel about seeing a sort of helpless Samus. Guess we're just not used to seeing it. As others have pointed out, it does show her human side. I can agree with that. The whole concept didn't settle well with me for some reason but after a while, it fits.

Music. Oiy. That was the big downer. Other than hearing the old tune, like the start screen, Ridley fight, or space pirates theme (or whatever), the overall music was pretty lack luster till the ending. Guess it was fitting with some aspects but the overall theme of the music I got a real Aliens vibe from.

Oh, and Other M > FFXIII

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mael, I do actually side with you that this game is a huge retread of Fusion, just not in a negative way. Other M is the Fusion I wished for :lol. Fusion, for me, was wholely less memorable than Other M, especially in the environments and boss department, even when I feel Other M's environments were also pretty lackluster for the series.

Even the linearity and streamlining I feel works better in Other M. For me, Fusion felt too much like a traditional 2D Metroid with restrictions locked in place, without adding anything interesting or new. Other M, on the other hand, is just as restrictive, but because it does its own thing (different combat, different feel, most agile Samus, etc), and itself controls differently to past games, I dont feel the linearity is as much of a problem.

Other M's 'issues' in regards to the series work better as whole, in my opinion, because its a self contained package. Fusion's 'issues' in regards to the series were more frustrating, as Fusion did little new on its own.

Ericescobar15

Neo Member
I feel like Nintendo/Team Ninja called our bluff and pretty much told us to put our money where our mouth is in regards to the locate-what's-wrong-here 1st sections (and that "final" boss"). I was only annoyed that things weren't presented well at times (the green splotch on the floor blends in!).

Anyway, I expect Metroid Dread to be announced for 3DS, along with Metroid: The Forgotten Higgins, a First Person Puzzle Sim.

Amalthea

Banned
Boney said:
It's hard and although straightforward, confusing. It has so many cool elements, and the Metroid count is a fantastic adition to the formula. As long as you can stomach hard and confusing old games, you should have a blast.

I never could beat the Queen though :(

Did you roll in her mouth and try to bomb her from inside?

Mael

EatChildren said:
Mael, I do actually side with you that this game is a huge retread of Fusion, just not in a negative way. Other M is the Fusion I wished for :lol. Fusion, for me, was wholely less memorable than Other M, especially in the environments and boss department, even when I feel Other M's environments were also pretty lackluster for the series.

Even the linearity and streamlining I feel works better in Other M. For me, Fusion felt too much like a traditional 2D Metroid with restrictions locked in place, without adding anything interesting or new. Other M, on the other hand, is just as restrictive, but because it does its own thing (different combat, different feel, most agile Samus, etc), and itself controls differently to past games, I dont feel the linearity is as much of a problem.

Other M's 'issues' in regards to the series work better as whole, in my opinion, because its a self contained package. Fusion's 'issues' in regards to the series were more frustrating, as Fusion did little new on its own.

I guess it's highly dependant on what you want in a game, if you look at my post history you'll see I REALLY don't give a fuck about the uninteractive parts of the game.
For me Metroid Other M is really like they tried their utmost to piss me off personnally, so yeah...I mean first thing I play, I can't fall of a ledge because of some fucking invisible stupid guard on the platform :/
Then invisible walls everywhere...
The battles ARE nice, no denying that fact, the rest of the game I found really infuriating (I actually DID fall asleep during a scanning sequence since it's so badly designed).
And even then there's the locales, I have no will whatsoever to play this game on hard (same as I never did 3hearts Wind's Waker) since it'll always feels like I'm given a plan with everything in it and I'll only have to pay attention during the fights.

Fusion also had SA-X which really did more to the game than anything ever did in Other M.
So yeah by presence of the SA-X alone, Fusion >>> OtherM

That doesn't mean you're wrong in your assessments, I mean unless I become the ruler of the universe and that becomes a trick question, I doubt it'll ever be a problem anyway :lol
So yeah both are flawed but I prefer the gba game's flaws.

Am I doing it wrong?

About 3 hours in...

Monster in the test area has me pinned down. I can use missiles on its tail, but it moves around so quickly I just can't lock on in time most of the time. I seem to get about 5-6 missile hits in on it before it kills me. Am I missing something?

Poyunch

Android18a said:
Am I doing it wrong?

About 3 hours in...

Monster in the test area has me pinned down. I can use missiles on its tail, but it moves around so quickly I just can't lock on in time most of the time. I seem to get about 5-6 missile hits in on it before it kills me. Am I missing something?
No just be quicker. Lock onto it and just keep moving with it until it stops then shoot. Don't wait for it to stop then lock.

EatChildren

Android18a said:
Am I doing it wrong?

About 3 hours in...

You do indeed need to missile its tail. You know you dont have to wait until the text decodes when you lock on to fire, right? As soon as you 'lock' onto the tail you can fire a missile, even before it tells you to use them. Otherwise, you just have to get used to the patterns and time your rockets to be fired when the tail stops moving, but before it hits.

Threi

notag
how long is the
extended playthrough? I'm comparing playtimes due to what i've read in this thread (apparently this game isn't even half as long as the prime games hurr derp), my MP3 100% completion time is 18 hours, im at 12h30m in other M right now just after the ending, haven't started the extra stuff yet.

VerTiGo

Banned
I could nitpick like the rest and act like I don't love this game but it would be a complete lie. At geothermal energy reactor or just getting there and... I hope the Metroid series continues in this direction as opposed to where the Prime games took it, and I loved those games too.

VerTiGo

Banned
Threi said:
how long is the
extended playthrough? I'm comparing playtimes due to what i've read in this thread (apparently this game isn't even half as long as the prime games hurr derp), my MP3 100% completion time is 18 hours, im at 12h30m in other M right now just after the ending, haven't started the extra stuff yet.

I can beat Super Metroid in four hours, and that's taking things slow.

A long Metroid game is a bad one....

Poyunch

Threi said:
how long is the
I took as much time completing the post-game stuff as I did the main game but that's because I only had around 60% of the items and I spent the whole time finding the rest.

Boney

Banned
Mael said:
Considering the game is filled with cutscenes and uninteractive sequence I wouldn't exactly say that they cut the BS more like they made a BS cake and put a game in it somewhere.
yes there are horrible exposition dumps. I've never alleged differently, they're badly constructed and ruin an otherwise perfect pacing.

And even then you run 3 times as fast....in boring déjà-vu locales
I don't think they're boring. Not as great as the prime series, especially 1, but had plenty of variety. Lush jungles, plains, dessert, volcano, ice cavers and mixed with metal rooms that even tell you what they are, like refinery rooms and diferrent stuff. I loved it, where does that leave us?

And that's still more interesting than what they did with it in Other M, in SM it was used for some tricky platforming (Maridia's big rooms). Now? You can count on your hands where they located the place to use it (always in plain sight too) and you have countrol of jackshit in term of where it'll allow you to go : in short, worse than in Prime 1 even.
GS is in every other game a specific colour scheme change, not anymore :lol!
I guess someone will explain to me next that it's Metroid Prime that got it wrong and Other M is flawless :lol
First of all, I've never ever once said that Other M is flawless. The grapple beam is the exact same thing as the prime series, so what if you could control the angle in the Prime series, you still only had one way to go, nothing impressive. It's used as a tool to clear chasms that you couldn't before. That's what it does. But here, you ran into them naturally, they're an extension of your abilities and progress. In Prime, it works like "ohhh I kinda remember this grapple spot, I guess I gotta head there", and wander around the map until you find it. Both options are valid and should complement each other.

I've always hated the late 80's ski suit that is the gravity suit. I'm glad they got rid of it, it's not iconic. To mark this as a complain is just nitpicking.

Do I need to take out the quote where they call it a NES Metroid with modern tech every time?
Please do. Because you'll notice he says "a high tech famicom game".

No, What you described was the Metroid Prime approach.
This, however, is making you go forward, kill everyone and pick the powerup where you expect it to be.
Many are very cleverly hidden. Stop playing dumb, it's the same case with the 2.

That is finished with Other M, you don't even HAVE to figure it out, it's spelt for you every time you find a new save station.
Playing Prime games with the hint system actually was more challenging than this.
Well yes and no, with an approach more towards combat, clearing room of enemies make sense, and there's still plenty of enviromental puzzles. It's not a game of clear room of enemies, advance, clear room of enemies, advance. It's a great balance between the 2.
One of my biggest gripes with the Prime series, is that it doesn't design the maps as clever as the 2d Metroids. It's always about, reaching your power-up at the end of a branch, make a 180º spin and try out which places you can use it. Other Metroids design it more elegantly, by making the map circle around itself providing you with the new places to use these powerups. You almost always go forward in non Prime Metroids.

:lol
you make it look like Other M did it right with their mandatory scan parts!
I'm not even talking about using the missiles, that's straightforward. I'm talking about the you-cant-do-anything-until-you-point-to-THIS-pixel part of Other M which is basically Prime's scan done horribly wrong : everything that was good about it was ripped from it.
It sucks now.
Again, don't get me wrong. The Waldo parts are horrible because you have to look at a single pixel in order to advance. It's by far, the worst part of the game. This isn't Prime scanning gone horribly wrong. It's trying to make seamless transitions between gameplay and cutscenes gone horribly wrong. But in game first person works like a charm.

EatChildren

Threi said:
how long is the
extended playthrough? I'm comparing playtimes due to what i've seen in this thread (apparently this game isn't even half as long as the prime games), my MP3 100% completion time is 18 hours, im at 12h30m in other M right now just after the ending, haven't started the extra stuff yet.

Mael said:
Fusion also had SA-X which really did more to the game than anything ever did in Other M.
So yeah by presence of the SA-X alone, Fusion >>> OtherM

I dont mean that though. SA-X was great, but a gimmick none-the-less that only appeared less than a handful of times throughout the game, and was mostly something you observed rather than interacted with (except for the running sequence, and the fight).

What I mean is that Fusion, as a Metroid game, was a copy/paste of 2D Metroid in every single way. Same powers, same controls, same feel, same Samus, same everything. Except, with Fusion, there was a restrictive pacing and narrative.

With Other M, even though everything is familiar, the game itself is still wholey new. Its a new way to control Samus, a new way to interact with the environment, and a new pacing to the game. Because so much of the game was either new or a reworking of old mechanics, it made it feel fresh to me, and thus made me feel like the linearity and narrative aspected worked better as a whole.

Fusion, on the other hand, was a Metroid/Metroid II/Super Metroid clone to the core with restrictions. That, for me, made the restrictions in pacing and narrative all the more obvious and intrusive.

But to each their own. I still loved Fusion enough to play through it multiple times, but it still ranks as having my least favourite bossfights, environment, and gameplay of the entire series. Except Hunters. But we dont seem to be counting that :p.

Threi said:
how long is the

The 'mission' itself is short and sweet, but you're also given the opportunity to collect all missed upgrades. It added on maybe an hour, hour and a half to my end time. Depends on how many upgrades you missed, and if you can be bothered getting them all. My 100% Other M file reads at ~13 hours, I think.

I beat it late in the week and found it to be the best Metroid since Zero Mission, as my buddies and I always considered the Prime games to be the black sheep of the series. The only thing missing was copious amounts of Metroid tunes, other than that I was treated to one of the best playing games to come out in recent memory.

Boney

Banned
Mael said:
I mean first thing I play, I can't fall of a ledge because of some fucking invisible stupid guard on the platform :/
Fuck meeeeeeeeeeee

Threi said:
how long is the
Beat it with 100% in just under 9 hours here.

And I knew about the Queen in Metroid II, it was just too hard for my kid self.

LowParry

Ericescobar15 said:
Anyway, I expect Metroid Dread to be announced for 3DS, along with Metroid: The Forgotten Higgins, a First Person Puzzle Sim.

Actually, make that a morph ball puzzle sim. That'd actually be pretty damn fun.

burgerdog

Epilogue help.

Two rooms away from the waypoint and I have no idea how to get past this room. It's a big elevator room with a lot of broken floors.

Ridley327

Prime 2 was already the Morph Ball puzzle game. :lol

Speaking of, I've been playing through it prior and after Other M and I'm really surprised at how little credit I gave it in the first place. It was really easy to get lost in Torvus Bog, but it's a remarkably well-made game otherwise.

MadOdorMachine

No additional functions
Dragmire said:
This would just never work. Like I said in my last post, people are going to bitch no matter what they do, and with this series they had a lot of potential routes to take, all with potential bitching from people. There is no pleasing everyone, especially hyperbolic fans. I mean I understand some of the complaints, but people take it so seriously that stuff like a thumbs-down can seriously bother them, or a bit of cheesiness (which exists in almost every single videogame story known to man).
You are a crusher of dreams. :p Anyway, I realize that you can never make everyone happy, but I'm talking about focus testing to see how both sides react. Isn't that what Tree House is for? I think if they'd done this, things like the controls, Waldo moments and dialog would have been fixed. What bothers me about it is that this is the last game we'll see Samus in with her Varia Suit. Chronologically, Fusion is after this and her suit changes. I guess it just makes more sense to me that they would have tried to please the fans more with this one and send Samus off with a bang for her last journey. Then they can bring the major changes to take place after Fusion. That was a life altering experience for her and it makes more sense for her to change personality wise after that. That's how I look at it at least.

LowParry

Maaan, I'm still working on other games. :lol And there are some coming out. It's just gonna end up being a very LTTP trilogy.

Ok beat the game, now for 100%
This game is not perfect but I love it. I liked the story *shrugs* I think some of the intros are pretty epic and awesome.
I liked also the theme in the credits, felt like I was at a cinema at the end of a Metroid movie :lol
Now going for the 100%

BTW, someone explain me this about the story:

you get to a part of the story after Anthony "dies" were theres only Maurice and KG left, and the real MB. Well, you can see that one of the GF attacks you with the killing vehicle trying to kill you. And then you se another scene were a GF soldier throws another into a lava pit. At that time you think the traitor can be Maurice or KG (i was always rooting for KG :lol ), so then you see an intro were you leave MB and a GF goes to her and a shoot is heard with the image in black. Later you find dead Maurice's body in another place, and you never find KG so it means that is supposedly the one that fell in the lava. So who was the traitor? was it Maurice, was it KG or was it MB dress as a GF soldier.

If you discover this after the 100% ending, I dont want it to know, if not tell me.

Top Bottom