• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
you know, divorced from the not so great art, I kind of dig what they're doing with the perspective in relation to the d-pad movement. I hope there's lots of moments where the distance of the camera varies, outside of the binary 'shoot-mode' and the super-close walk mode. Running backwards toward the camera could be a bit of an Achilles heel, though.

It's a real shame every save point seems to unlock more map and point you exactly where to go next. That might change later on, though.

edit: A freaking map pops up after the battle with an arrow pointing to the unlocked door!

Rez said:
you know, divorced from the not so great art, I kind of dig what they're doing with the perspective in relation to the d-pad movement. I hope there's lots of moments where the distance of the camera varies, outside of the binary 'shoot-mode' and the super-close walk mode. Running backwards toward the camera could be a bit of an Achilles heel, though.

It's a real shame every save point seems to unlock more map and point you exactly where to go next. That might change later on, though.

edit: A freaking map pops up after the battle with an arrow pointing to the unlocked door!

:lol :lol my exact same thought

Kard8p3

Rez said:

He seems stuck right now though. Seems what he needs to do is pretty obvious though.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I got banned for typing:

"THE VENT. RIGHT NEXT TO YOU"

watching someone play always pisses me off.

IT'S IN THE VENT WITH THE OPEN GRATING. FUCK. :lol

Kard8p3

Rez said:
I got banned for typing:

It's just right there but it's like he's blind to it. I can't believe he wont even try to jump in there.

Snaku

Banned
Rez said:
I got banned for typing:

kb40eh.jpg

:lol

AniHawk

Okay, I was pretty hard on the voice actor for Samus when the intro of the game and all that was first shown, but some of the lines recently were not bad at all.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Bitching over the internal-monologue being totally pointless is probably a bit played out now, so just assume I'm making a >:'( face every time it happens.

I'd rather feel an ever so creative dark-presence by cool world building rather than have Samus tell me what to feel. But this will be the only time I'll mention it.

Teknoman

Soundtrack fears have been alleviated :D So awesome.

Also when you think about it, Samus shouldnt be THAT big compared to her environment. Ugh why didnt I choose release day shipping.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Loved the forced first-person thing right there. I was hoping she was going to look up and spot Ghoma.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
bland environment -> bland environment -> blan -- OH MY GOD THIS CANYON THING IS AWESOME

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Not only does it looks like a lot of fun to play, but this is one sharp looking game. Definitely looking forward to seeing it on my widescreen and not a streaming video, it's gonna be nice.

I know I should close the stream because I've seen enough but I just can't stop watching.

This is reminding me of a recent Metroid Prime trilogy playthrough I've been watching, where the dude spent about five minutes trying to find the exit to the first room on the frigate.

desertdroog

JonnyAvacado said:
I cant take it anymore, I am watching some of the stream.....need Metroid/Ninja Gaiden fix.

It is that whole dynamic of Samus Aran being controlled as a super fast juggernaut of Spazer Beam dealing, Super Missile flinging as told by Team Ninja that had me sold on this game.

I mean, she puts enemies in a headlock after flipping across the screen and puts her arm cannon to their temple then shoots them dead.

Just...damn! That is a video game I want to play.

Are you hobos going to live blog the entire stream in this thread? Show some pity on those of us who are trying to avoid spoilers yet still have an outlet to discuss the game before release.
Yeah, I called you hobos.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
quick loading is super nice.

shame my q about the HUD fell on deaf ears. I'd really like to turn off the map HUD.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
GrotesqueBeauty said:
Are you hobos going to live blog the stream in this thread? Show some pity on those of us who are trying to avoid spoilers yet still have an outlet to discuss the game before release.
Yeah, I called you hobos.

Samus is kicking ass.

Haunted

Why are those who stream these things always such terrible players? I mean, goddamn.

AniHawk said:
It's amazing the amount of video game logic this guy is not used to.
What happened, I missed it. :(

AniHawk

Haunted said:
Why are those who stream these things always such terrible players? I mean, goddamn.

What happened, I missed it. :(

Shoots thing that obviously needs a charge shot. Shoots it again with partially charged shot. Runs around the room like an idiot. Charges shot and shoots thing that obviously needs a charge shot and makes progress.

Kard8p3

A well timed missile could take care of quite a few of his combat problems and could take care of his current predicament but he doesn't seem to think to use them.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
the chat is like watching a sonic forum full of self-diagnosed aspherger's syndromites slowly tear themselves apart.

Blah, I can't watch the stream anymore. I normally don't say this but dude is just a terrible player. Adaptation skills are very lackluster. :lol

Top Bottom