• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Seda

Danthrax said:
What? Please explain.

you get 20 dollars amazon credit for pre-ordering it.

I actually used my $20 credit from SMG 2 when purchasing Other M, and I'm getting $10 credit from BBS too.

That $30 will probably go towards Kirby's Epic yarn, which also hopefully comes with credit for pre-ordering.

gotta love Amazon.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
farnham said:
this place where you go for nintendo

is not a review place at all but a newsblog

What is your point? They received a copy of the game, played it, and reviewed it. WTF does them not being an actual video game review website like IGN (lol) have anything to do with anything?

A review is a review.

Majmun

badcrumble said:

I never heard of her before. When I think of Morgan I always think of Morgan Freeman. So I though Webb would be a man.
What a surprise. And she's pretty hot also.

farnham

Banned
Skiesofwonder said:
What is your point? They received a copy of the game, played it, and reviewed it. WTF does them not being an actual video game review website (lol) have anything to do with anything?
i love RMC for his blog (and his enthusiasm) but i dont respect him as a reviewer thats all im saying

I just want to say I felt this was by far the shortest Metroid game I ever played, first play through. Too many cutscenes, and it took under 7.5 hours to finish (ie, get the "real" ending pointed out earlier on). I know Metroid games aren't long, but given how much of it was chatter/cutscene/non-action, the actual sum of the gameplay parts seemed thin.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
farnham said:
i love RMC for his blog (and his enthusiasm) but i dont respect him as a reviewer thats all im saying

I don't think anyone respects Game Informer yet we still post reviews from them.

Instro

Seda said:
you get 20 dollars amazon credit for pre-ordering it.

I actually used my $20 credit from SMG 2 when purchasing Other M, and I'm getting $10 credit from BBS too.

That $30 will probably go towards Kirby's Epic yarn, which also hopefully comes with credit for pre-ordering.

gotta love Amazon.

Yeah Ive practically been on a never ending loop of Amazon credit for the last year or so. :lol

Instro

TSA said:
I just want to say I felt this was by far the shortest Metroid game I ever played, first play through. Too many cutscenes, and it took under 7.5 hours to finish (ie, get the "real" ending pointed out earlier on). I know Metroid games aren't long, but given how much of it was chatter/cutscene/non-action, the actual sum of the gameplay parts seemed thin.

That would make it longer than all the 2D titles no? Even moving extremely slow they can be beaten in under 4 hours max.

Gravijah said:
Maybe when you guys can grow up and appreciate cinema, you'll understand better. Maybe when you're enlightened.
You are comparing video game cutscenes to cinema?
youre trolling, and I fell for it, *slowclap*

Sadist

Gravijah said:
Maybe when you guys can grow up and appreciate cinema, you'll understand better. Maybe when you're enlightened.
conansrs.gif

But it's confirmed that Webb did the Other M review? If so, the woman's dislike for Nintendo is becoming more of a parody over time.

Instro said:
That would make it longer than all the 2D titles no? Even moving extremely slow they can be beaten in under 4 hours max.

First play through? It took me over 10 hours on Metroid, Super Metroid, Metroid II and Metroid Fusion, first play through. Prime games were in that 10+ hour range as well. It's all relative, I admit, but none of those previous Metroids were filled with as much cutscenes to beef up the length of the game.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Eurogamer - 8/10
Digital Chumps - 8.4/10
IGN - 8.5/10
N-Sider - Text, no score, but very positive.
Nintendo Power - 8.5/10
GameFan Magazine - 9.5/10
Famitsu Magazine - 9/9/8/9 for a total of 35/40
Wired - 9/10
GameSpot - 8.5/10
Joystiq - 4.5/5
Kotaku - Text, no score, but very positive.
Giant Bomb - 4/5
EatChildren Daily - 9001/10

Great scores.

Destructoid - 6.5/10
Games Radar - 7/10
Game Informer - 6.25/10
G4TV - 2/5

Average / Disappointing scores.

Obviously. I think if you are a core gamer, you are probably more inclined to agree with one of the sites on the above bracket. But i really, really, hope.. the negative reviews are based on the game itself lacking something. Not any other BS agenda. I had to drop the score because Samus shouldn't talk or Samus had too many boobs.

Tiktaalik

I have a feeling this game will be as polarizing as Metroid Prime. Folks who love it will really love it and folks who hate it will really hate it.

rhino4evr

Looking like a rental to me, and I've owned every metroid game since the first one came out on the NES. I read something about the level design being straight forward which is a pretty big disappointment to me. Still can't wait to play it though.

Diffense

Shikamaru Ninja said:
But i really, really, hope.. the negative reviews are based on the game itself lacking something. Not any other BS agenda. I had to drop the score because Samus shouldn't talk or Samus had too many boobs.

My thoughts exactly.
However, unlike you I strongly suspect that BS agenda accounts for the very bad reviews.
Because to think otherwise would suggest something very wrong with the other respected reviewers who couldn't see glaring flaws with the game itself.

rhino4evr said:
Looking like a rental to me, and I've owned every metroid game since the first one came out on the NES. I read something about the level design being straight forward which is a pretty big disappointment to me. Still can't wait to play it though.

Don't worry, I'm sure it has Metroids in it

farnham

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
I have a feeling this game will be as polarizing as Metroid Prime. Folks who love it will really love it and folks who hate it will really hate it.
Prime was polarizing ?

It was generally considered to be the best game last gen

[Nintex]

farnham said:
Prime was polarizing ?

There's the part that it's a first person Metroid and also the controls were up for debate when dual analog started to become the norm. It was mostly the difference between a 9 or a 10 but those were still issues.

Tiktaalik

farnham said:
Prime was polarizing ?

Polarizing doesn't mean that it wasn't good, just that there wasn't a middle ground between the two polar extremes of love and hate.

Lots of games come out where most people generally say it's a decent game or something to the affect of "good, not great" but I've always noticed that Prime was one of those titles where either folks really enjoyed it and put it on their GOTY lists, or completely hated it and traded it in the next day.

Ridley327

Prime was universally lauded by zines and sites. There was a bit of dissent from the series fans themselves, but it's a generally well praised game.

Top Bottom