• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid Other M |OT| You're Not Supposed to Remember Him

Diffense

I may be heretic but I didn't like the Primes *that* much.
I bought all three and finished all except Echoes (put off key hunt and never got back) but I wouldn't have given them tens.
Art and atmosphere was top notch and they were solid games but Samus felt limited to me, being behind the visor.

evangd007

Plinko said:
I'm sorry, but this review just seems like a lengthy butthurt response at the cinematics and storyline.

You need not apologize for that statement because it's true. I can scarcely believe he went on for paragraphs about the whole "approved to use X" BS.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Respect for the reviews, you guys should follow your interest. How many times do we go through this with any game. Who gives a damn what the review score is. You're basing your life on others opinions. You need to have the right people review games but also some who are impartial. It's all screwed up.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Jeremy Parish twitter - "My take on Metroid Other M after about 5 hours: Amazing blend of Super Metroid & Prime but oh my god why won't these people shut up already"

Snaku

Banned
Haziqonfire said:

zOdYb.jpg

Platy

CoolS said:
I love these reviews "Controls aren't so hot" "Controls are unique and responsive" :lol

Quoted for truth ... controles, ideas, cutscenes, story ... both insanely loved and insanely hated by diferent reviewers

Cult game confirmed ?

farnham

Banned
Wario64 said:
Jeremy Parish twitter - "My take on Metroid Other M after about 5 hours: Amazing blend of Super Metroid & Prime but oh my god why won't these people shut up already"
Is Parish doing the review ?

YES!"

Empty

Kohler and Parish are my two most trusted reviewers, so after the 9/10 from the former and Parish's enthusiastic preview (don't know if he'll be writing the 1up review), the press feedback has me quite excited.

farnham

Banned
Ignis Fatuus said:
Talk about love it or hate it huh.
its mostly love it though

the two most influential sites gave it 8.5s which are favorable

(yet it is not up to the standard what the prime games get)

Apenheul

I don't mind the game getting less than incredibly high scores but I feel bad for Sakamoto that his game might split the fanbase.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Empty said:
Kohler and Parish are my two most trusted reviewers, so after the 9/10 from the former and Parish's enthusiastic preview (don't know if he'll be writing the 1up review), the press feedback has me quite excited.

Sounds like 1Up review is gonna be Patrick? He wrote the EGMi review which is going up next week, which I'm sure will be the 1Up review

farnham said:
its mostly love it though

the two most influential sites gave it 8.5s which are favorable

(yet it is not up to the standard what the prime games get)
Let's not kid ourselves, there's at least as much hate as love. I fully expect that to be reflected in the fanbase as well.

Haunted

Wario64 said:
:lol that sounds about right.

evangd007

Ignis Fatuus said:
Let's not kid ourselves, there's at least as much hate as love.

The quantity of hate is nowhere near the quantity of love. You must be fooled by the intensity of the hate which, judging from the GI and g4 reviews, is bright enough to burn flesh from bone.

The G4 review spends too much time talking about how the game has a weak and sexist interpretation of Samus' character, which is disappointing (then again this is Team Ninja so who expected anything else), while barely addressing the gameplay and level design.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Dang, the reviews are all over the place. It's interesting to see Eurogamer give it a strong score while more lenient sites like gameinformer are dishing out mediocre scores.
I don't know who to believe.

Diffense

Can anyone who read Kohler's Wired review confirm that it's spoiler free?
No revelation of specifics at all?
I'm tempted to read that one and possibly Parish.

Shiggie

How come we(most of GAF) dont treat game reviews like movie reviews? only trusting reviewers who are trusted...
badcrumble said:
The G4 review spends too much time talking about how the game has a weak and sexist interpretation of Samus' character, which is disappointing (then again this is Team Ninja so who expected anything else), while barely addressing the gameplay and level design.
Who the fuck is Abbie Heppe?

PowderedToast

badcrumble said:
you're expecting too much from these sites.

Top Bottom