• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGS3:SE - $49.99 CDN Best Buy

Spike

3-Day Price (Fri. - Sun.) for $49.99.

Does EB Canada refund unopened purchases? I just bought it last night and haven't even opened it yet.

Laurent

Spike said:
3-Day Price (Fri. - Sun.) for $49.99.

Does EB Canada refund unopened purchases? I just bought it last night and haven't even opened it yet.
All stores do... It's in the law!

Even if your copy was opened, buy this one and return it to EB Games with the receit of your first one to get a full refund of 69.99$ CDN...

That's what I would do if I didn't planned on buying the game by returning some of my games (I have 3 PS2 games, 3 GCN games and some GBA games; it should be enough).

Laurent

I thought that deal was available in Future Shop, since it's owned by Best Buy, but we (Quebec) only get 10$ off the 69.99$ CDN price... -_-

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Wow... And I pre-ordered it at EB. What should I do?

Does EB have a Limited Edition Strategy guide, and do you get some discount on that guide if you buy a game?

Laurent

Marconelly said:

Does EB have a Limited Edition Strategy guide, and do you get some discount on that guide if you buy a game?
Buy both, then return the expensive one?

No idea about the Limited Ediiton Strategy Guide... I don't think Canada will get those!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I don't think Canada will get those!
We got one for Onimusha 3...

Yeah, I guess I'll just buy both and maybe get some discount for LE guide in EB, then return unopened game next day.

Laurent

Marconelly said:
We got one for Onimusha 3...

Yeah, I guess I'll just buy both and maybe get some discount for LE guide in EB, then return unopened game next day.
Then keep me informed...

Dez

Marconelly said:

Same thing happened with me last week with Metroid Prime 2 - it was 10 bucks cheaper at Best Buy.. So I asked if EB would price match, they said yes if it was in stock and advertised, which it was.. BUT it was advertised for Nov 17th and i was there on the 16th. So they wouldn't pricematch.. Asses. So i just bought the game at EB, then returned it on the spot. Went across the street to best buy, problem solved. Looks like i'll be doing the same thing with MGS3.

Laurent

Dez said:
Same thing happened with me last week with Metroid Prime 2 - it was 10 bucks cheaper at Best Buy.. So I asked if EB would price match, they said yes if it was in stock and advertised, which it was.. BUT it was advertised for Nov 17th and i was there on the 16th. So they wouldn't pricematch.. Asses. So i just bought the game at EB, then returned it on the spot. Went across the street to best buy, problem solved. Looks like i'll be doing the same thing with MGS3.
Do you think a printout of their website would be enough to convince my EB Games?

jenov4

Thanks for the mention. I've notice that Futureshop, Best Buy and Walmart always sells their games for like $5-$10 less than EB. And if you're willing to wait a few weeks, the games can drop even more.

I saw Sly Cooper 2 for $39.99 in the FS flyer the other week.

Dez

Laurent said:
Do you think a printout of their website would be enough to convince my EB Games?

I doubt it - they could argue that that's the "online price". Unless you can get a hold of the manager, you're not gonna get through to them. Maybe it'll be advertised in the next bestbuy flier.

Spike

It is in the bestbuy flyer. Go to bestbuy.ca and click on the weekly ad link in the upper left corner. Just print out the actual page from the flyer and you should be set.

Again, EB won't pricematch the 3-day sales and such.

Top Bottom