• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MGSV CE may have worldwide supply shortages; Possibly missing DLC codes

rezn0r

Sorry if this has been answered to death, I tried searching the last few pages, but has anyone gotten the CE from GameStop (US) & seen if the codes are or aren't there yet? I apparently went cheap on the shipping so mine isn't scheduled to arrive until Thursday, but I'd like to take care of the codes if there's a situation with them. It looks like other people mentioning GameStop are still waiting on delivery too.

I surprisingly don't mind it not being around until Thursday or later because I'm an ass and never got around to PW or GZ, which I'm hoping to do between now and then...

Sorry if this has been answered to death, I tried searching the last few pages, but has anyone gotten the CE from GameStop (US) & seen if the codes are or aren't there yet? I apparently went cheap on the shipping so mine isn't scheduled to arrive until Thursday, but I'd like to take care of the codes if there's a situation with them. It looks like other people mentioning GameStop are still waiting on delivery too.

I surprisingly don't mind it not being around until Thursday or later because I'm an ass and never got around to PW or GZ, which I'm hoping to do between now and then...

As far as I know NONE of the North American or South American CE's have the DLC codes in them they were supposed to be emailed to us from retailers but i have yet to receive any email. Trying to contact customer service right now

rezn0r

As far as I know NONE of the North American or South American CE's have the DLC codes in them they were supposed to be emailed to us from retailers but i have yet to receive any email. Trying to contact customer service right now

Alright thanks, will keep a watch out for an email and start bugging them in a few days if I see nothing. Good luck all.

tensuke

CE and guide are on their way. The headset still says Not Yet Shipped and no delivery date, which is kinda worrying. Especially when I can buy it right now from another seller and get it Thursday. I hope it goes out today or tomorrow. >_>

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member
My amazon CE just got delivered and my BB CE is in route but after viewing this thread I'm definitely not going to open either until I get an email. Good thing I picked up a day one edition yesterday

Riptwo

I'm in the same boat: Amazon.ca continues to tell me it'll be delivered today (Calgary also), but is still "Preparing to Ship". Just had an extremely unhelpful customer rep too, so I'm pretty salty at them right now, haha.
Huh. I'm not even at the Preparing to Ship stage yet. I'm still at "Not yet shipped
Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date."

O.N.U.S.

Neo Member
Well I just received a DLC code from best buy. Dunno if it's for my CE or my day 1 edition though. I'm guessing it's for the CE?

Just got an email from Best Buy with my "Pre Order Bonus" for my PS4 Collector's Edition. There wasn't any preorder bonus though, right? This must just be the CE DLC?

nemisis0

Still no sign of the Collectors edition guide from GAME, it Apprently went out last Thursday. Anyone in the same boat?

So now my best buy order just says in progress and the bar that has the 4 slots for the time line has disappeared. Should I be concerned? I should be concerned.

I cancelled my Best Buy order

They misplaced my CE. Delayed it. I asked for a refund and just bout a regular edition copy at another store.

I'm mad GAF. I've had the CE pre ordered since March. Best Buy fucked me good on this one.

So just wanna know are the codes inside the game case with the collectors edition or what? Also did anyone who order from GAME UK get the poster with it?

TMC

Got the email as well, hope it covers the MGO stuff since it was just a basic vague email.

Just got mine too. Looks like it is the CE code we were waiting for:

CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:

WINDURGER S333 COMBAT SPECIAL
ADAM-SKA SPECIAL
MASCHINEN T AKTISCHE PISTOLE 5 WEISS
RASP SHORT-BARRELED SHOTGUN (GOLD)
PERSONAL BALLISTIC SHIELD (OLIVE DRAB)
PERSONAL BALLISTIC SHIELD (SILVER)
PERSONAL BALLISTIC SHIELD (WHITE)
PERSONAL BALLISTIC SHIELD (GOLD)
CARDBOARD BOX (ROCKY TERRAIN)
CARDBOARD BOX (ALL-PURPOSE DRYLAND)
CARDBOARD BOX (WETLAND)
FATIGUES (BLACK OCELOT)
FATIGUES (GRAY URBAN)
FATIGUES (BLUE URBAN)
FATIGUES (ALL-PURPOSE DRYLAND)
EMBLEM 'VENON SNAKE'

Online Play (Optional)

yeah my bestbuy email came today too. Damn I am impressed with Bestbuy. Got my game today, code today and got GCU discount and everything was smooth.

well this made me laugh.

Thank you for buying your PlayStation® digital product, PS4 -Gears Metal Solid Pre Order Bonus, at Best Buy®.

TMC

yeah my bestbuy email came today too. Damn I am impressed with Bestbuy. Got my game today, code today and got GCU discount and everything was smooth.

well this made me laugh.

Thank you for buying your PlayStation® digital product, PS4 -Gears Metal Solid Pre Order Bonus, at Best Buy®.

Did you get the $10 credit for pre-ordering yet?

Einhandr

The single code from Bestbuy must included everything I guess. I just got the email too.

Can confirm it does include everything.

Mcl9ivt.png

edit: beaten

By "everything" does that mean all of the DLC from both the CE AND Day One Edition codes? I got my Best Buy e-mail with code too, waiting on UPS.

MattyG

Banned
I just tried to get an ETA on my package from UPS. The website tells me it'll be between "1230-800".

Soooooo between now and then end of the day. Thanks... UPS?

davedc226

Just received my Collector's Edition too. Thanks UPS and Best Buy! I actually like the mechanical hand it comes with a lot more than I thought I would. Also, the DLC codes aren't in the package. Aren't we supposed to get them via email or something?

Just received my Collector's Edition too. Thanks UPS and Best Buy! I actually like the mechanical hand it comes with a lot more than I thought I would. Also, the DLC codes aren't in the package. Aren't we supposed to get them via email or something?
Check your email. Best Buy sends you a code that contains all of the DLC.

drew713

What the hell.
I have a Konami Core account, check the website and it tells me to check back on release day for my code from redeeming it all that time ago.

when you log in to konami core click on profile, then look for "redeem metal gear solid v code" click on that and follow the instructions to get the code for your platform

when you log in to konami core click on profile, then look for "redeem metal gear solid v code" click on that and follow the instructions to get the code for your platform

...holy fuck you were right.
Guys. Its up.

Go to core.konami.com
Click the first option that says redeem MGSV code
Sign in
Agree
Get Code

Top Bottom