• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX |

RickMasters

The Xbro must memorize this moment and make an Xbox documentary.

All in all, welcome (Xbro) to the Playstation family.
Sheesh….. and you guys say Xbox fanboys are bad….. where d’ya get this guy?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yeah there's a lot of "...yet" talk already :lollipop_neutral:

People should move on now and be happy that four great games will be available on other platforms, rather then giving themselves an aneurysm trying to find meaning in things that weren't said.

"Yet"
"They're coming"
"Keep waiting"
"Of course they'll wait to see"

Set up folks from other ecosystems to talk about Xbox for the next couple of months, Phil you magnificent fucking bastard.

Now even at other companies big showcases or states of events, everyone will be wondering if any Xbox games will show up.

friends-ross-david-schwimmer-slow-clap-l3f8mcxqi2kf85i5.gif

Jaybe

Gold Member
Booty went on about how libraries were important to platforms, and yet what Game Pass does (or at least did for me), was make it super simple to drop the console and move on as my owned content was minimal, so no real loss. I think the only digital game I had bought on the platform since getting a Series X at launch was Hogwarts. Sold it after that terrible June showcase.

Mr.Phoenix

Where is the buzzword in that statement?
Growth. games bigger than the platform. Used to be about an exclusive audience but not anymore. If we all play we all win. MAking a space for creators to get their games to every platform. Decided to find a new audience instead of trying to squeeze more money out of the audience we have.

Take your pick from any of that, all that was said in that video.

But hold on, do you really believe, that this ends with just the four games? Didn't I specifically tell you, that this is exactly what they would do? I even went as far as to tell you that they will never say everything is going multiplat. I told you they would say some case-by-case nonsense (how they did it here was say "we will learn from what we release and see about the future").

Ecotic

There was very little announcement in this announcement. I had told some friends that an announcement was dropping, I don't know what to tell them yet. It seems I'm going to have read all these post-podcast Phil Spencer interviews to find the reveal.

I would like to suggest not assuming anyone critical of a company is engaging in a 'war'.

I care about games too, there aren't many good first party ones on Xbox these days, nor does it look like there will be for a long time. Although I can say the same for the PS5.

And what does it matter if we supposedly get another generation of Xbox with super fast hardware if they hobble it again by having a weak 'S' model which all games have to cater for. What does it matter what it's 'capable' of, if no must-have games come out for it. Just like there is not one compelling must-have exclusive for the Series X so far. This gen is the worst ever, and already people are talking about the next one?

Agree with most part!
What i said initially don't fit for you, a cool guy.
I said those morons who WANTS and CAN'T WAIT to other consoles die (specially Xbox).

Following the strategies, criticism, it's all valid.

I meant to say, lets say...Extreme Fanboys ? I love to see them melting like today.

Last edited:
Growth. games bigger than the platform. Used to be about an exclusive audience but not anymore. If we all play we all win. MAking a space for creators to get their games to every platform. Decided to find a new audience instead of trying to squeeze more money out of the audience we have.

Take your pick from any of that, all that was said in that video.

But hold on, do you really believe, that this ends with just the four games? Didn't I specifically tell you, that this is exactly what they would do? I even went as far as to tell you that they will never say everything is going multiplat. I told you they would say some case-by-case nonsense (how they did it here was say "we will learn from what we release and see about the future").
Oh it's you, guess what you were wrong big time 😅 as I predicted 😂

"Yet"
"They're coming"
"Keep waiting"
"Of course they'll wait to see"

Set up folks from other ecosystems to talk about Xbox for the next couple of months, Phil you magnificent fucking bastard.

Now even at other companies big showcases or states of events, everyone will be wondering if any Xbox games will show up.

friends-ross-david-schwimmer-slow-clap-l3f8mcxqi2kf85i5.gif

Not me.

If a port gets announced, cool. If it doesn't, won't matter. That they let those original rumors go on for a whole almost two weeks with no official statement on the strategy until now says two things:

1: The rumors (specifically the Discord rumor) were 100% true and this podcast as well as the town hall meeting were means of deciding what parts to refer to and what parts to leave for addressing down the line as they take place

2: The podcast itself was kind of a waste of time because a lot of word salads were mentioned. If it were just a few old ports, why not address it in that initial tweet?

If in fact they knew the rumors were false and decided to use the drama around it to catfish people into this podcast, well they just disrespected a LOT of people's time over the past week, mines included. And time is not something to waste. It would just make me want to ignore a lot of news from the Xbox side of things (and Xbox insiders/content creators) going forward.

But again, I think the podcast was just PR messaging over some of the rumors and not a dismissal of the original rumor/leak. In fact, I think that Discord thing is 100% happening, it's just going to happen over a period of time. Never a Day 1 thing for all of that, obviously. At least this way, if things on the console side DO improve, they can make some strategic adjustments.

Dazraell

3/4 of those rumored games are going to flop so hard on Playstation.
Well, while none of them will make the same numbers as Sony's exclusives, I do think some of them have a chance to make that investment worth the effort

Pentiment has a shot to do well on Switch with players who play on handheld mode and among PS Portal users. It's a perfect game for handheld devices with a very unique idea and art style that makes it stand out from the crowd. Played it on Steam Deck a while back and loved every minute of it

Sea of Thieves realistically has a very good chance to attract more players than Skulls and Bones. Plus it has years of content that Ubisoft's game will just lack at launch

Hi-Fi Rush is a niche game but it's unique concept, being a singleplayer game, multiple awards and high praise from reviews can really help it's cause

Agreed with Grounded, to me that game never really had a larger appeal, but I just don't like survival games so it just might be personal bias

It's a sad state of affairs when we got Xbox fans celebrating losing 4 of their games, and the rest now being assessed case by case. This was the good outcome for you?

If the person is a moron fanboy and don't want their console exclusive games on other platforms, so the ONLY fans that can celebrate are the Nindendo ones.

Ashamam

How do you think they’re quantifying that?
Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Compared to the X or the S? or averaging them lol. You throw a Neural engine in there and that alone makes it a massive upgrade if games start to really take advantage of AI.

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
That's why Microsoft are going full next gen early "biggest generational leap in console history"
Same company that boasted biggest mofo HW in history and three years layers to boast they only recently figured out that software sells HW… to proceed to boast about HW power again.

They basically said everything and its opposite, so yes their evangelists can find some hooks to circle the wagons around…

yeah it did sound like a bit of a dig at AMD. sounds like it was a hint that they won't be going AMD but I could be wrong

That Lisa Su said this year the consoles sales may go down a bit. Period.

13:40 in the video.

“AMD powered consoles are likely to decline in 2024”

Obviously that excludes Swirch and its successor. PS5 and more so Xbox in for a rough ride.

They said that AMD projected that console sales would decline in 2024. Not sure how they threw them under the bus with this, but there you go.

Oh okay, cool. Thanks y'all!

Gravemind

It's a sad state of affairs when we got Xbox fans celebrating losing 4 of their games, and the rest now being assessed case by case. This was the good outcome for you?

Well, when people on here were going on and on about the announcement being Xbox going full 3rd party, abandoning their hardware, and completely destroying their entire ecosystem... kinda? Not a bad outcome at all to be honest.

I personally couldn't care less if Xbox releases their games on other consoles. Didn't care when they started putting them on PC. It doesn't effect me whatsoever, and most of the people I know on Xbox feel the same. The only ones that are going to be hurt are the ones that come on places like this twenty times a day.

Best thing for me would be Xbox making lots of money off their games by having them on as many platforms as possible to help fund both more games and a high end premium priced console that is far and away the best place to play games on console.

I'd love for them to stop trying to compete with Sony in the traditional market and instead try to carve out a niche as a high end (and naturally more expensive) console.

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Those people apparently can't join the dots and see where it's inevitably leading.

But it's fine. I'm not bothered about games going everywhere. As long as my investments are safe then all good.

In this podcast, they re solidified their investment to gamepass. to those that are in the eco system. Its all good.

Top Bottom