• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Business Update Podcast | OT | SEGABOX |

I'm not so sure, it seems more like the patient is dead just they can't find an on call doctor to call it, for the nurse to finish her shift.

The word soup and double speak was crazy, I seriously couldn't look away, like watching an episode of a comedy like Phoenix nights. Crazy skills for the three of them to talk such positive rubbish to disguise that their failure was all horse before cart. Why buy publisher for exclusives if you've never had a userbase to sell to that could sustain the games with viable sales numbers? The worst comment made IMO, was when Sarah put the word creatives and Palworlds in the same sentence to make a completely hollow statement.

fV7bbZg.jpg

this is the shit i am saying
He's said they ain't on a video mate, how much confirmation do you need?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I'm just sat here reading these threads and laughing at how much of a nothing burger this was.

These journalists leaking this shit and the fanboys lapping it up. Xbox fans losing their shit, sony fans celebrating a complete fantasy scenario...and it turns out to be a nothing burger.

Gold

Glad I played helldivers 2 all night

Last edited:

panda-zebra

It's sales not fanbase reaction. They left the fanbase seething for over 2 weeks, you don't do that if you value them in any way shape or form.

They are trying to gauge if they can get good coin from timed exclusivity or if they need to kick it up a notch and go day 1 to get max revenue.

They need to get out of the red ASAP.
It's not sales, these games aren't ever doing numbers. A couple are GaaS so engagement-boosting, but it's not about the money at this stage, not with these specific titles.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
I think they are not as close to death as many had hoped

I said when that shit started some people were going to be looking pretty silly soon enough

Seems some around here are starting to skate on thin ice as well :)

That talk was way off. The Xbox is leaving the industry or dying narrative was never close to reality. Doesn't jive with the talk of handhelds and new hardware at allj.

I'm just sat here reading these threads and laughing inside at how much if a nothing burger this was.

These journalists leaking this shit and the fanboys lapping it up. Xbox fans losing their shit, sony fans celebrating a complete fantasy scenario...and it turns out to be a nothing burger.

Gold

Wasn't a "nothing burger" at all. Twice as many games as a lot of Xbox fans were claiming. Just the fact that Microsoft is going down this road makes it not a "nothing burger". It is still big news.

Now if you are talking about the doom and gloom about the future of Xbox then yeah, nothing there, but put some context around that "nothing".

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
As far as this presentation is concerned...they haven't DONE anything yet.

Is it so hard to for folks to just wait and see what happens, instead of everybody trying to push their own narrative?

Isn't this how these rumors got out of hand in the first place? They said what they said...let's see if they can deliver on that.

There's plenty of people who are salivating to hold their feet to the fire should they diverge from what they've said in the interview.

On Gaf alone, I've heard Starfield is going to PS5, Indiana Jones is going to PS5. Both denied in the presentation...ok...well let's see.

I've heard gamepass is not gonna do day and date anymore....also denied. We'll see.

All we have to go off of is their word...for now. Everything else is speculation and no number of bullet point lists is gonna change that. So, save it.
What about Blade? It literally doesnt even say platforms in the trailer. Its definitely more than 4 games man.

That talk was way off. The Xbox is leaving the industry or dying narrative was never close to reality. Doesn't jive with the talk of handhelds and new hardware at allj.

Wasn't a "nothing burger" at all. Twice as many games as a lot of Xbox fans were claiming. Just the fact that Microsoft is going down this road makes it not a "nothing burger". It is still big news.

Now if you are talking about the doom and gloom about the future of Xbox then yeah, nothing there, but put some context around that "nothing".

Xbox porting their first party exclusives is a nothing burger lmao

Jigsaah

Gold Member
fV7bbZg.jpg

this is the shit i am saying
Ok...so...

What you also said is pay attention to what they've DONE....not said. They haven't DONE anything yet...cept have this presentation.

However, you seem to hang onto the fact that he SAID Starfield isn't ruled out. However when he SAYS other things, you're all too keen to try and fuel doubt.

I'm not saying Starfield or Indiana Jones will never come to PS5. Shit, Master Chief Collection, Forza, Gears...future Halos might end up on PS5. I'm saying we'll see. That all.

Just stop.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
What about Blade? It literally doesnt even say platforms in the trailer. Its definitely more than 4 games man.
Could be...I don't see t he point in speculating. Speculating is what got us blowing things out of proportion. I get that it's much less exciting not to speculate, but this was the time to lay it all out and it was pretty anticlimatic...probably by design.

So if this is all we get for now....so be it. At some point it'll be "shit or get off the pot" time. When that time comes, we will all look back on this thread and this conversation and we'll know.

Right now, we really don't know much. I predicted this.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
I had really hoped they would have went a little deeper in upcoming hardware but interesting to see what Xbox meant by this Tweet of new console and controller options this holiday

the meltdown started with Tv,tv,tv, tv,tv, Cod, sports, sports,tv,tv, kinect, tv, kinect, skype

our fellow Xbox fans have beel living in perpetual meltdown fot more than a decade at this point. 😂🤣😂🤣
The meltdowns aren't coming from team green at this point

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
Ok...so...

What you also said is pay attention to what they've DONE....not said. They haven't DONE anything yet...cept have this presentation.
MS's track record.

However, you seem to hang onto the fact that he SAID Starfield isn't ruled out. However when he SAYS other things, you're all too keen to try and fuel doubt.
im not talking about starfield. I'm taking about their track record of saying something and not follow through

I'm not saying Starfield or Indiana Jones will never come to PS5. Shit, Master Chief Collection, Forza, Gears...future Halos might end up on PS5. I'm saying we'll see. That all.

Just stop.
And I am saying based on MS's track record their word is a pile of worthless shit.

are we clear?

Jigsaah

Gold Member
MS's track record.

im not talking about starfield. I'm taking about their track record of saying something and not follow through

And I am saying based on MS's track record their word is a pile of worthless shit.

are we clear?
Ok I'll bite...is the track record those bullet points you posted earlier?

Ar¢tos

Thank you Phil, I don't need to buy a XSS anymore. I'll play Sea of Thieves and Pentiment on PS5.
When Fable released, I'll just wait for it to come to PS5 *shrug*

dem

I had really hoped they would have went a little deeper in upcoming hardware but interesting to see what Xbox meant by this Tweet of new console and controller options this holiday

Seems pretty clear that the all digital trash can style Xbox is indeed coming.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Xbox porting their first party exclusives is a nothing burger lmao

Folks need to start getting their heads wrapped around the idea that this isn't going to stop with four games either.

But if someone is an Xbox fan and want to see more hardware then porting games to other platforms will help fund that hardware according to Phil Spencer. Helps in the overall viability of the business as well.

That means the podcast did what it was designed to do. But I don't think they are seeing the writing on the wall.

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
if you are talking about the green fanboys sure, we had those meltdowns last week.

if we are talking about blue fanboys I guess now is their turn.

the reality of the situation is that this roller coaster of "we're back, we're over" around the xbox brand is going to keep happening

twilo99

Gold Member
I agree. Every 3rd party and console maker should be putting their multiplayer games on everything from day one. I also hope they start to split games up that have a single and multiplayer feature. I don't do multiplayer and will never be interested in them. Let me pay $35-40 on day one, otherwise, I will wait for it to go on sale and wait until it hits 50% off like I do now.

CoD sort of does this with Warzone where the big maps are free and all else is still behind a paywall, but things can be much better..

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Seems pretty clear that the all digital trash can style Xbox is indeed coming.
Really thought that thing was dead and if Xbox is indeed teasing simply a refresh of an already faltering console coming out to compete with a PS5 Pro, just wow

if you are talking about the green fanboys sure, we had those meltdowns last week.

if we are talking about blue fanboys I guess now is their turn.

the reality of the situation is that this roller coaster of "we're back, we're over" around the xbox brand is going to keep happening
Some of the blue members are struggling

Top Bottom