• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Rewards |OT| Get Game Pass for free

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Message on Xbox UK this morning...

Starting Monday 5th August the weekly console bonus for playing a game each day on your console will reduce from 250 to 150 points.

Just scrap the fucking lot MS and be done with rewards if 100 points hurts you that much.

YCoCg

Yeah I'm also missing weekly tasks since they've reduced the console one to 150, really chipping away here.

Antwix

Yeah I'm ending up with around 10.5k-11k points per month just doing searches. When my GPU expires in 2 years, I'm gonna shift to redeeming a 1month GPU just a few times per year. I barely even play any game pass games nowadays except for the bigger releases. My rewards money is being better spent on random games on sale that I'm interested in.

Antwix

Can't see how you can get close to 10k a month now for searches as the maximum per day is around 200?
USA is 150 for desktop, 100 for mobile. Add in the streaks and random clickable tiles and that's what I get. Idk, is what it is. I don't do anything on the console or app like that jewel game.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Message on Xbox UK this morning...

Starting Monday 5th August the weekly console bonus for playing a game each day on your console will reduce from 250 to 150 points.

Just scrap the fucking lot MS and be done with rewards if 100 points hurts you that much.

Haven't gotten this one yet (US)

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Play a game on pc and play a game on console (20 and 10 points) not working.

Pisser is the play a game on console is cumulative so I will miss out on the paltry 150 too.

Swear they do it on purpose.

Topher

Gold Member
Play a game on pc and play a game on console (20 and 10 points) not working.

Pisser is the play a game on console is cumulative so I will miss out on the paltry 150 too.

Swear they do it on purpose.

It worked for me eventually yesterday, but I didn't get the points/notification for several hours.

Antwix

Anyone have searches not giving points today? Mobile searches worked for me earlier but I'm getting nothing on desktop searches. Guess I'll try later.

Sleepwalker

Anyone still doing this grind consistently? I noticed the price for ultimate didn't change today with the price increase (still 12k points on my end). Is there enough monthly points available to keep a gamepass sub alive?

Antwix

Anyone still doing this grind consistently? I noticed the price for ultimate didn't change today with the price increase (still 12k points on my end). Is there enough monthly points available to keep a gamepass sub alive?
I am, and sure there is. You can get 12k+ points if you're trying. I usually get about 10k, sometimes more sometimes less with just only doing searches. It's reliant on the bonus stuff they give for streaks and whatnot but if you additionally do gamepass quests you can get more than enough.

I just do searches to get my points to buy random stuff I want nowadays. I'm good on gamepass for about another 2 years so I'm not worried about that. If I decide to keep with gamepass after that point, it'll definitely be just a month here and there and not perpetually subscribed to it.

Pantz

There's enough to get free Game Pass and eventually save up for a $100 gift card from the leftovers.
I don't really think about it. It's just free Game Pass. Free Game Pass always and forever.

Sleepwalker

I am, and sure there is. You can get 12k+ points if you're trying. I usually get about 10k, sometimes more sometimes less with just only doing searches. It's reliant on the bonus stuff they give for streaks and whatnot but if you additionally do gamepass quests you can get more than enough.

I just do searches to get my points to buy random stuff I want nowadays. I'm good on gamepass for about another 2 years so I'm not worried about that. If I decide to keep with gamepass after that point, it'll definitely be just a month here and there and not perpetually subscribed to it.
Sounds good, I have an xbox series X and I already use bing as my search engine so its a no brainer. I have 13k points so I'll redeem my first month and see how I do for the next.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
cg7ifUg.jpeg

dayum. Hope this becomes a recurring tile, lol.

Pantz

By the way,
Botany Manor is a good game for daily achievements. With a no-stakes story and achievements within minutes if you follow YouTube guide. Plus you can get the achievements a second time on PC. At 36 achievements that should last a couple months.

Jusant, Brothers: a Tale of Two Sons, Still Wakes the Deep, The Case of the Golden Idol, and The Rewinder are other games I used for daily achievements. They were ok.

Top Bottom