• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

ironcreed

Banned
FUCK! And I believed you guys!

139.gif

Raptor

"My highlight during the experience of playing Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor was ejecting the disc from the console".

Holy fuck, that's harsh. I thought it was better than a 3/10.

pl4Jm.gif

"Monolith should be ashamed of themselves and might aswell quit this business"

God damn IGN whats wrong with you?

"When a game makes you look back at the first Assassin's Creed with a nostalgic fondness usually reserved for games you enjoy, well, you know you're simply not having a good time with it"

Ouch. I guess that settles that.

"My highlight during the experience of playing Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor was ejecting the disc from the console".

Holy fuck, that's harsh. I thought it was better than a 3/10.

"When I put the disc back in the case and put it up on the shelf, I start to hear voices. Sounding a bit garbled, like many voices at once. I then get closer to where I put game on the shelf, the voices become clear. They aren't voices, they're screams of unending pain and suffering. Through the blood-curdling screams, a voice stood out. "You belong to me.""

Levyne

Banned
"When I put the disc back in the case and put it up on the shelf, I start to hear voices. Sounding a bit garbled, like many voices at once. I then get closer to where I put game on the shelf, the voices become clear. They aren't voices, they're screams of unending pain and suffering. Through the blood-curdling screams, a voice stood out. "You belong to me.""

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Raptor

"And we thouhgt E.T on the Atari was bad, this one send a reviewer to the ER because of how bad it was"

Well Im out.

Xander51

Just pre-ordered through Greenmangaming. Not 100 percent sold on this one, but with the promo it was more than worth the risk. I love Monolith and the concepts here are sound...hopefully the game is consistently fun over its running time.

nynt9

Sony marketing deal?

If not, probably time to worry about the X1 version...

It has PS4 exclusive DLC, but it's not unusual for devs to send out codes only for the "better" version of the game.
source: I write for a gaming site from time to time (didn't get a code for this yet)

SJRB

Gold Member
I love those rare times I see a midnight EST release. Almost never happens with video-game related stuff. It'll be nice to actually be awake to timely discuss the review.

Who's doing to do the thread a favor and spoil themselves so we can get some impressions?

I watched for 10 seconds.

Cloth animation looks awesome. Troy Baker is cool.

That is all.

Braag

I love those rare times I see a midnight EST release. Almost never happens with video-game related stuff. It'll be nice to actually be awake to timely discuss the review.

Who's doing to do the thread a favor and spoil themselves so we can get some impressions?

I watched a few minutes of the stream but the comments almost gave me brain damage.

It has PS4 exclusive DLC, but it's not unusual for devs to send out codes only for the "better" version of the game.
source: I write for a gaming site from time to time (didn't get a code for this yet)

Figured as much. Devs were doing this all last gen and primarily sending out the 360 version for review.

Palehorse

I watched a few minutes of the stream but the comments almost gave me brain damage.

Ugh, same here. It doesn't help he keeps stopping to read the comments which repeat the same stuff over and over....I must be new to the internet.

But the game looks great, my minuscule doubts have dissipated.

Damn, really torn. Game looks awesome but I've seen 1 LOTR movie and never read the books. I don't know jack about the lore/setting and that's a huge component for me.

Erevador

Damn, really torn. Game looks awesome but I've seen 1 LOTR movie and never read the books. I don't know jack about the lore/setting and that's a huge component for me.
Watch the movies, they're great! A few hours of great cinema later, you'll be prepped for the game.

Honestly, I think you're better off knowing little of the lore. The story was written to stand alone for the most part and you won't be picking apart how it fits into the Legendarium.

Ark

The animations and choreography look insanely good. And the rain. GOD DAMN.

Next gen may have just arrived. Still waiting on those PC reviews before I jump in, though.

Someone is streaming the game early.
http://www.twitch.tv/mikey__nz88

After all those smooth fights by the Monolith demo guy, it's interesting to see someone struggle through the encounters. Looks like combat has the right balance - you're powerful as long as you keep alert and planning ahead but you can't button-mash your way through.

And of course the failure state is still interesting as your killer moves up the ranks...

Top Bottom