• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

It was a joke.

That seems like a dick move even if it was a joke. I've never heard of a gaming website who prides itself on having "journalistic integrity" putting up a fake review bashing a game hours before the embargo lifts. Seems more stupid than funny and if I were Monolith I'd be pissed. IGN should leave the jokes to them anyway as they're doing a great job with the Orc stuff on twitter.

That seems like a dick move even if it was a joke. I've never heard of a gaming website who prides itself on having "journalistic integrity" putting up a fake review bashing a game hours before the embargo lifts. Seems more stupid than funny and if I were Monolith I'd be pissed. IGN should leave the jokes to them anyway as they're doing a great job with the Orc stuff on twitter.
IGN didn't post a score, the dude who posted the link just said they gave it 3/10 to troll people who didn't bother to click the link.

8/10

Video Card died and I have to have this game on tuesday, so xbox one it is. Putting that free gamestop credit to use finally. Hoping for the best with this version

Score or no, it still feels stupid and IGNorant. If they did it a week ago I'd be fine with it but the day before?

I think you are misunderstanding what happened, lol. IGN didn't post a review or joke review. They posted what time their review is going up and that's it. The poster who posted the link here made a joke and said 3/10 for people that didn't bother to click the link.

Calm down man.

OK I'm confused, did IGN make the jokes or didn't they? If they didn't I apologize, If they did then I don't care in what context it was, that's BS.

What it is right now is exactly what it's always been. People in this thread made it sound like it was a leaked scathing review because they knew some people wouldn't click the link.

DOWN

Banned
Damn, $20 more for PS4 edition. Gonna get that but wish I was primarily a PC gamer. Have a good rig but barely use it.
You should be a Best Buy GCU member when membership goes on sale. This and many other PS4 titles are $40 preordered for members thanks to member discount 20% off and a $10 credit for preordering.

ironcreed

Banned

99538-frodo-and-gandalf-laughing-gif-AYUk.gif

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
You should be a Best Buy GCU member when membership goes on sale. This and many other PS4 titles are preordered for members thanks to member discount 20% off and a credit for preordering.

I'm from the UK mate :(

I primarily use the US PSN store for my games though

Mrbob

IGN makes it sound like they've played the PC version.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/25/middle-earth-shadow-of-mordor-review

Tonight! Our review of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will go live on Thursday, September 25 at 9:01 PM PT, and Friday 12:01 AM ET, 5:01 AM GMT, at 2:01 PM AET. (That's three hours before the Smash Bros. 3DS review will go up, so check that out too!) That's four days ahead of its September 30 release date on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. Note that this review will cover only the PlayStation 4 and PC versions of Shadow of Mordor. (Warner Bros. has not yet provided an Xbox One copy, and the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions aren't out until November 18.)

Guess the review embargo is earlier? Or IGN received a couple hour exclusive.

Ark

Really can't decide whether or not to grab this on PC or PS4. All depends on how the PC version performs and how easy the PS4 Platinum is ;)

Whats the worst that could happen with the xbox one version? Looks like that is what I will be forced to buy it on after my pc shit the bed

DOWN

Banned
Definitely think the most impressive part of this game is the orc models. They look like great quality and the procedural pieces seem to do a good job so far of having few details combine repetitively.

DOWN

Banned
When they say 3 hours earlier does he mean like at 9? so not at midnight? I am confused lol.

IGN says 9PM PST tonight, which is 12AM Midnight EST. Other sources have said it won't release reviews until 12AM Midnight PST, which is 3AM midnight.

turcy

the new vid on gamersyde is amazing - actually almost letting myself get properly hyped for this.

counting down until review time at midnight tonight...

Sub-1080p or 30 fps. The backlash will be apocalyptic.

It definitely doesn't instill confidence that in the video above the guy asks them about the ONE version two or three times and never got a response. I'm guessing a Tomb Raider DE situation here. I'm sure it'll still be a great experience but it'll most likely be missing that silky smooth 60.

It's days like next Tuesday that I'm glad I have a PS4 (SOM) and a ONE (FH2). :)

antitrop

It definitely doesn't instill confidence that in the video above the guy asks them about the ONE version two or three times and never got a response. I'm guessing a Tomb Raider DE situation here. I'm sure it'll still be a great experience but it'll most likely be missing that silky smooth 60.

It's days like next Tuesday that I'm glad I have a PS4 (SOM) and a ONE (FH2). :)

I'm not a fan of Tomb Raider's frame rate on the PS4. I picked it up last week because it was pretty cheap on PSN ($17), even though I already played it maxed out on PC at launch.

I found the wildly dynamic framerate of anywhere from 40 to 60 to be extremely distracting. It was definitely hitting 60 in the claustrophobic "tombs", but in any outdoor environment I was really wishing that the game had a 30fps lock option, such as Titanfall 360 or Second Son. It was really all over the place.

Top Bottom