• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

kaskade

Man, between the iPhone and the amount of birthdays this month my budget is really pushed for the month. I would love to get this one Tuesday. Looks like I'll be waiting a while though.

Audible

Banned
I never understand any subtitles for OTs. Would be nice to include a "this is what this means" in each OT with some reference that not everyone knows.

I don't even think the last sentence makes sense.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
I never understand any subtitles for OTs. Would be nice to include a "this is what this means" in each OT with some reference that not everyone knows.

I don't even think the last sentence makes sense.

cause Borormir (sean bean in LoTR) says "One does not simply walk into mordor"

Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ |OT| In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Classy, from Tolkien himself, and oddly fitting for the game, my humble entry.

cackhyena

One thing at bugs me in the animation is when he does that first vault up a tall wall. It's like he glides past the point where a second footing should propel him to the top. Just weird.

Arrrammis

Middle-earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ |OT| In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

Classy, from Tolkien himself, and oddly fitting for the game, my humble entry.

Alternatively, a line from one of my favorite songs from the movies

Middle-Earth™: Shadow of Mordor™ [OT] Through Shadow, to the Edge of Night

Kard8p3

GAF, I have a question, no idea if this has been asked to the developers or not though.

Say you dominate an orc, and he helps you kill another orc(his warchief, in fact, he is the one who delivers the killing blow, making him more powerful) is it possible that the warchief you thought was dead will be able to survive, and wants revenge against the bodyguard that betrayed him and usurped his position?

This actually touches on what I think looks cool about Talion's design, his back. The ragged flowing cape combined with the nice looking swords makes for a great look.

BTW any good shots of the Dark Ranger costume?

best i could find

ranger.png

M.W.

Weird, in that thirty minute video the dude says there's no way to decapitate someone and that's it's random. He said that was the way it was to help extend the game (enemies coming back).

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
My only issue with the console versions. Lack of tessellation. Does the pc version have it? Those bricks on the broken towers look so flat and last gen. I really wish the current consoles could handle tessellation :(

VanWinkle

My only issue with the console versions. Lack of tessellation. Does the pc version have it? Those bricks on the broken towers look so flat and last gen. I really wish the current consoles could handle tessellation :(

There is an option for tessellation in the PC graphics settings.

I don't get that one. Someone explain it to me like I'm ThoseDeafMutes.

There was a thread titled "You know Ellie, we really are The Last of Us", which was about "times the name of a game is said in the game". Except that game never featured that line. Then OP acted like it was a forum game.

cackhyena

I did too but honestly I noticed a lot of issues like that and I get that the reviewers are hot on it but it looks mighty clumsy alot of the time. Jury is out so maybe its just the way every single person is playing it right now.
No, it's an animation thing. Out of all the video I've seen, it's the only one that looked super off to me. Issues in the heat of combat or near ledges or whatever are in all these games to a degree. You even find jank in the batman games, stuff easily overlooked. I don't know how they thought that jump up the wall shouldn't get a little more love.

Zeliard

There was a thread titled "You know Ellie, we really are The Last of Us", which was about "times the name of a game is said in the game". Except that game never featured that line. Then OP acted like it was a forum game.

"Edit: it's a forum game, basically we make up quotes from game titles as if they were actually said in the game"

Lord have mercy.

"Edit: it's a forum game, basically we make up quotes from game titles as if they were actually said in the game"

Lord have mercy.

that is a HUGE game on 4chan iirc. It always starts with a pic of the last hobbit movie. Says something like "We finally did it. We reached The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug in HFR 3D" something like that

Grief.exe

We've been discussing this to death, but most have disregarded that tweet entirely.

It is IGN after all, but we have seen excellent performance in other streams on top of Monolith's pedigree.

WB is giving out PC keys by the truckload to YouTube content creators. I very much doubt they would be going with that particular strategy if the port quality was poor.

Lord have mercy.

Everybody else in the forum started playing along so I assumed I was the only one who saw the blatant "errrr what I meant to say was" and never mentioned it. Glad to see it actually wasnt just me lol

Get it for WiiU man, your PC is shitty. It won't even run minesweeper.
The lack of third party support for WiiU is no joking topic.

ummm...you trying to show off here or what :p
I was asked, not trying to show off

PC, unless you're worried about something other than performance.
Worried about a crap PC port

You'll be fine. More than fine, in fact.
I hope

Sorry, but it doesn't have 6GB of VRAM, so you may as well murder your family, play on PS3 and then turn the weapon on yourself when you finish.
Yeah that whole VRAM thing is a mess, CoD did the same thing a while back and it ran fine in the end

With those specs the game would run extremely well. Don't know why you would get the PS4 version if you have a PC with those specs.
I hope

Y'know, nothing fancy.
I don't think its to fancy

I kid. :3
Ha yeah

Yeah that stuff is what i'm worried about

Top Bottom