• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor |OT| One Title to rule them all

I was planning on renting the game via gamefly.

But shit I might buy it. Those who have read more/played it, convince me about the replayability or the post-game content. Can I keep playing or do I need to do new game +?

ps4 btw

Ramrock

Banned
Also just wanted to say that he's not implying Bayonetta PS3 port levels of ass here lol (besides the framerate I guess).

He said it looks 'good enough' for sure on the XB1. It won't bother most people but for enthusiasts like many of us here, the somewhat subtle differences likely will.
I'm currently seeing some ~720p/30fps Xbox One~ tweets on twitter.
Sooo.... do we have any informations regarding the the res and framerate?

burgerdog

Well, got for $37 off gmg. Just need the key so I can start preloading. Won't be too annoyed if it gets there late since I'll be playing the ds2 dlc first.

JohnGrimm

I wasn't expecting to get it on the 30th, but with free 2 day shipping why is another week tacked on?
Those free shipping offers have a drawback. They'll ship it for free, sure, but your order usually gets sent to the bottom of the pile.

At least in my experience.

Grief.exe

Wait that texture pack is not included in the 33 GB? Dear god man.

33GB is the compressed download.
40GB is the install size.
The Sleeping Dogs Texture pack is 15GB, I'd wager it's somewhere in that range. Any less than 10 and Monolith would have likely included it with the main game.

katkombat

Banned
Those free shipping offers have a drawback. They'll ship it for free, sure, but your order usually gets sent to the bottom of the pile.

At least in my experience.

Spoke to customer service just to ask, figured the game was selling more than expected (#1 ps4 game on amazon), but they just gave me one day shipping and waived the fee. No complaints!

Holy crap.

Guy has around 20 Uruks chasing him.

So he runs across a rope to the other side of the castle. The Uruks are yelling at him, throwing arrows. The guy then shoots a piece of meat to attract a Caragor.

Then he fires another arrow across the ramparts - which one shots the Warchief he was hunting.

Caragor shows up. Guy leaps on it, dominates it, but before he rides away - releases the other Caragor for the other Uruks.

Jesus. That was simply epic as fuck.

Buzzbrad

Holy crap.

Guy has around 20 Uruks chasing him.

So he runs across a rope to the other side of the castle. The Uruks are yelling at him, throwing arrows. The guy then shoots a piece of meat to attract a Caragor.

Then he fires another arrow across the ramparts - which one shots the Warchief he was hunting.

Caragor shows up. Guy leaps on it, dominates it, but before he rides away - releases the other Caragor for the other Uruks.

Jesus. That was simply epic as fuck.

2566521-6833413606-funny.gif

So hyped. Can't wait, sounds so good.

drotahorror

I seen someone streaming what I believe was the xb1 version earlier. Had the prompts for it. Maybe there's more PC copies out in the world though. Looked like Shadows of Mordor to me. Probably best quality stream I had watched too, was some pixelation but it was decent.

Searched the thread, so forgive me if this has already been asked but do we know when Nuuvem is releasing the keys for this? Site says the 30th, but will that be before the Steam release?

Saw some footage and said fuck it and I bought the game on Steam. Between Watch Dog's Bad Blood DLC, PayDay 2's Hotline Miami DLC, Destiny's weekly refresh, Forza Horizon 2, and now this game. I don't know which to play first. I wish I had a clone or more hands. Either would do nicely.

Solidsoul

Banned
Im sorry but how would guys prefer how Talion looks?
I personally like the design of the character but that's just me.

Agreed. I have a friend who strongly dislikes the name. Says it doesn't fit the Tolkien-verse. There is a character in the hobbit named Galion. Talion seems plausible to me.

Namikaze1

Aww. What happened to "Boromir was wrong" title?

Anyway, can't freaking wait to pick this up Tuesday. Had it preordered for a while now.

antitrop

Gee golly I don't know. I mean look at this generic character. What's the deal with him?
I don't particularly like the character design of either the protagonist or the antagonist of The Evil Within, either, but that doesn't have anything to do with Mordor.

The good thing about these games is that you're mostly staring at the characters backs.

LowParry

I don't particularly like the character design of either the protagonist or the antagonist of The Evil Within, either, but that doesn't have anything to do with Mordor.

The good thing about these games is that you're mostly staring at the characters backs.

Oh, I thought we were talking about the most generic character of the year.

Astral

It's good to finally see a good LotR game. It's been a while. I'm tempted to trade in Destiny for it but I'm saving that for The Evil Within, or maybe Alien: Isolation. Fuck there are so many great games coming out.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
Shit, sorry, I forgot about Watch_Dogs. :(

Nothing worse than Aiden Pierce. Talion looks pretty bad, though.

Look at this guy...

characterts_by_zeolevyne-d7zvudt.png

I think it's obvious he's suppossed to look like Viggo Mortensen without looking like Mortensen. That said, not a huge fan of his look, but in the dark ranger outfit he looks pretty dope.

antitrop

Oh, I thought we were talking about the most generic character of the year.

I'm not even offended, Sebastian is generic as fuck. Mopy (alcoholic?) police detective with a tragic backstory. I'm expecting the game to do interesting things with his rather hollow shell, though.

IGN's 9.3 review of Mordor listed the only Con as a weak campaign, so I'm not expecting this game to do anything great with Talion as a character.

Top Bottom