• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

Zaptruder

Banned
Oh man... that mysterious crypt entry puzzle.

I have to solve a goddamn matrix to get in there? I can't remember how to solve for matricies ; ;

Victrix

*beard*
Thanks a lot for the advice, really appreciate the detailed post.

One last set of questions, should I unlock the relic set and how far into the game is the uplay rewards dungeon?

Dungeon is midgame, so you shouldn't need it for awhile

I don't know about the Relic set - I think its a specific set of items, which may or may not be useful for your party.

Relics are interesting items, you'll find plenty playing the game - they level up and gain new abilities as you play, pretty cool.

Oh, one last gotcha - your party members don't earn xp while unconscious, dead or stunned which is really fucking stupid, but just keep it in mind. It's not worth getting ocd for, but you can select any party member with F1-F4 and take their turn in any order, so if one dude goes down, switch to a healer, get him up/unstun him, then finish off the enemies.

Moff

at the beginning of act 2, is it not advisavle to go
the that elemental tower immediately? that earth golem boss iss kicking my ass

Darkone

I am still using the same sword for my Crusader & Blademaster you get at the start, anyone know which one i should buy or find?

Slayerx

Uplay deleted my save :/ Thankfully it was just 30 minutes of progress after the previous one. Getting Assassins's Creed II flashbacks...

The game is amazing though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Uplay deleted my save :/ Thankfully it was just 30 minutes of progress after the previous one. Getting Assassins's Creed II flashbacks...

The game is amazing though.

After my unfortunate incident with Black Flag I began backing up my saves religiously. They should be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[account id]\[app id] (I haven't launched the game myself so can't say what its Uplay app id is). If you're playing the regular Uplay version (not to be confused with the Steam version even though it also runs through Uplay), they may be located in C:\ProgramData\Orbit\[app id] instead.

Corpekata

Banned
The relics are:

Tank Helmet (basic armor)
Two Hander Axe (need novice Two Hander, Expert Axe)
Two Handed Mage Staff (air bonus, need Expert Foci)
Medium armor (don't know stats, don't have anyone that can equip yet, Expert Medium Armor)

for those that were curious. At least these are the way they shape up for the first couple levels, might change more later.

Moff

anyone else having problems with uplay savegame sync?
it has never worked for me so far, both when starting up and quitting the game, I always need to skip it

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
anyone else having problems with uplay savegame sync?
it has never worked for me so far, both when starting up and quitting the game, I always need to skip it

Yeah, I've had trouble with Black Flag for the past couple of days.

Edit: Oh, wait, no, my issue is with achievement sync. I'm sure the two are related, though.

Durante

Nice.

For the art and architectural style of the Agyn Peninsula, we wanted a distinct Mediterranean feel. Greece (and specifically the island of Santorini) was our main inspiration for the villages of the game. As for the city of Karthal, we wanted to present it as the crossroads between various cultural influences. The architectural style of the city is equally inspired by medieval Italy and Moorish Spain. Real-world cities like Sevila, Spain and Assisi, Italy were used as reference, as was the Palais des Papes (Palace of the Popes) located in Avignon, France.
I was to Santorini once, and the architectural style in Sorpigal immediately reminded me of it.

Package pics (OG 1997 M&M6 box on display as well :p)

img_3381hij82.jpg

img_3382ohk5v.jpg

img_3384fjk0r.jpg

Can't believe I've waited 12 years for another main series M&M installment (M&M9 was 2002).

Can't believe that it was M&M that won the battle to first reach the 10th part with Ultima series.

Shengar

img_3381hij82.jpg

img_3382ohk5v.jpg

img_3384fjk0r.jpg

Can't believe I've waited 12 years for another main series M&M installment (M&M9 was 2002).

Can't believe that it was M&M that won the battle to first reach the 10th part with Ultima series.

You should put it in a custom frame and hang it on the wall.
Also, is that your kid on the top right corner? :p

kafiend

Irritating vanishing things bug that happens to me occasionally. Generally requires either a transition from another zone to fix or a restart.

The first time I noticed was going to the Itinerant Merchant and he wasn't there. I thought, hey he's itinerant, must have gone somewhere else on he map. Turns out no :(
As well as the kind of essential things you might need to see, torches vanish of the ground and if you look at the pics, stuff like wooden posts from the island in the background.

You should put it in a custom frame and hang it on the wall.
Also, is that your kid on the top right corner? :p

It is :p

Game is currently the 10th best selling Steam game.

Currently playing: 5,611 5,611 Might & Magic X - Legacy.

So it is safe to assume they sold more than 50k copies. I wish they would sell at least 250k for the sequel (M&M11) :(

robin2

Is that boxed version available in shops (like gamestop), or is it a "collector thing" which was available only by preordering (at crazy prices)?

Is that boxed version available in shops (like gamestop), or is it a "collector thing" which was available only by preordering (at crazy prices)?

I think it is Europe only - unavailable in the USA.

And it was normal priced: 30 Euros IIRC. Maybe 40E? Normal price for a normal boxed game.

Fun fact: I destroyed and threw away my M&M7 box and game because the game sucked so much.

Shaldome

The relics are:

Tank Helmet (basic armor)
Two Hander Axe (need novice Two Hander, Expert Axe)
Two Handed Mage Staff (air bonus, need Expert Foci)
Medium armor (don't know stats, don't have anyone that can equip yet, Expert Medium Armor)

for those that were curious. At least these are the way they shape up for the first couple levels, might change more later.

The medium armor gives bonuses to endurance,, medium armor skill and adds some additional armor (+5 +5 +20 at level 4)

img_3382ohk5v.jpg

The map will come in handy for those who don't have the physical version of the game. It makes it a whole lot easier to solve one Quest, which you should do as soon as possibble as it gives a nice boost to your party/relics.
1500 xp and a shield relic as reward

Moff

is there a list of every skill, ability and spell anywhere online?
I thought there was something linked here but I dont find it anymore

lol51

Might be a stupid question:

Is there a magic accuracy stat? You know, like Perception for melee classes. I don't think I had any direct damage spells miss yet but I can't quite remember.

Wait-- Perception effects hit chance for melee classes?

epmode

I am really interested in this, but I have sworn off steam and only play games from GOG on my PC.

Check back in ten years then.

edit: Why am I responding to this.

M&M10 doesn't require Steam. It requires Uplay. Both systems are DRM so I'd feel better about your silly Steam comment if you also swear off Uplay and all forms of DRM.

Cheech

I am really interested in this, but I have sworn off steam and only play games from GOG on my PC.

Enjoy your 15 year old RPGs and The Witcher then!

I may have to restart my game. I think there were some points I was supposed to he allocating into other places and not just my core skills, because I'm into Act 2 and still can't wear anything other than Novice armor. I am getting creamed.

Edit: Wow , I'm a moron. Had no idea there was a "skill" tab in the spell book. Spent a good 20 minutes allocating skills, and then was able to whip through the initial forge boss no problem. Jeez.

Carm

So, I'm in act 2, in a dungeon, get to the 4th floor and run across a riddle chest. Riddle makes no sense, but figured I'd try without looking anyway. Got it wrong of course, so I go and look it up, it's a word I've never spoken or heard of in the 38 years I've been on this planet, wtf. Not only that, since I tried to just guess it, the game won't let me try again. It even scrubs previous saves from trying it, fuck that shit.

The answer was
palimpsest

Edit: I'm an idiot and Ubisoft needs to fix the press space to open chest to stay on the screen after failing the first time.

Shaldome

So, I'm in act 2, in a dungeon, get to the 4th floor and run across a riddle chest. Riddle makes no sense, but figured I'd try without looking anyway. Got it wrong of course, so I go and look it up, it's a word I've never spoken or heard of in the 38 years I've been on this planet, wtf. Not only that, since I tried to just guess it, the game won't let me try again. It even scrubs previous saves from trying it, fuck that shit.

The answer was
palimpsest

I had to look that answer up myself. That I am not a native English speaker did not make it easier. Bit strange that it does not let you try again. Are you playing on Warrior difficulty? I am playing Adventurer mode and I could try as much as I liked.

lol51

Thanks for the info about perception.

I got another question: Is there a point to holding on to unidentified stuff you don't plan on using? Perhaps they will come in handy in the future (disenchant?/trade?/merchant who buys at higher sale price?) This is probably just wishful thinking since I am running into tough times with money.

Finished the lighthouse and am dealing with some bandits.

Some random thoughts:
- Played my first 4 hours with textures looking like they were out of Morrowind only to later find out you can adjust texture quality higher (but only when you are in the main menu - not in game).
- Monsters not respawning is nice. Makes me feel like i'm slowly helping the world become a better place. Hopefully, I will not reach a dead end where I cannot progress due to poor skill/stat allocations. I did Random with Warrior difficulty. I am learning as I go along. Made a ton of stat mistakes so far.
- Identify items is a huge money sink. I must admit that I am cheesing the shopkeeper. Ask him to identify something and if it is garbage I load. That is my only way to bypass his crazy 300g fee. His fees are outrageous!
- I love being able to take notes on the map.

Having such a good time.

Acosta

Loving, loving this.

What AA are you using? I'm getting lost with so many options.

And the game is eating my computer alive lol, the fans are at maximum. But I'm on max settings with no drops, so it´s ok.

So far, around 8 hours with a Crusader/Blademaster/Runemage/Freemage, decided to be a whimp and went for adventure, I find the challenge just right, got a few deaths (stunning is really a bitch when you only have a dedicated healer, I have to solve that).

epmode

- Identify items is a huge money sink. I must admit that I am cheesing the shopkeeper. Ask him to identify something and if it is garbage I load. That is my only way to bypass his crazy 300g fee. His fees are outrageous!

I'm pretty sure there's an identify spell in primordial magic.

Bookman

alamar.jpg

so cool

I played dark side of xeen when I was younger. I have not read the whole thread but it might not be so many people playing this kind of game for the story? I do however. Or maybe not only the story, but I really liked the set-up and the atmosphere in the old games. At the time, those sweet stylish cartoon made ​​me really want to finnish the game and se the ending. Alamar was so cool. Musik and speech was amazing and the world overall was interesting, I played through it several times ( I think I still can intro by heart.)

My question to you is: do you think I will be disappointed? How is the game from that perspective?

Carm

I had to look that answer up myself. That I am not a native English speaker did not make it easier. Bit strange that it does not let you try again. Are you playing on Warrior difficulty? I am playing Adventurer mode and I could try as much as I liked.

Nope, playing on the easier difficulty. As I said though, I used earlier saves before I even got there after trying it and it still won't let me try it again on different saves.

Edit: .... *slaps forehead* the text for press space isn't there but it still works so you can try again....

Top Bottom