• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

AkuMifune

Banned
before a new dungeon i had to buy a shit ton of mana bottles, so i had to run between a potion seller and a traveling merchant several times. If the game was smarter, i could have just bought my stupid 50 bottles in one place. But hey, gotta waste that time somehow!

How could a traveling merchant have unlimited supplies? My party are the only people brave enough to leave the city so I don't know how he's getting restocked anyway.

50 mana bottles....?

Blade Dancer dual wielding daggers is supposed to be amazing. They get so many attacks that they eat through enemies' block attempts, leaving them wide open for your tank to taunt.

How could a traveling merchant have unlimited supplies? My party are the only people brave enough to leave the city so I don't know how he's getting restocked anyway.

50 mana bottles....?

He makes them using herbs that grow nearby that most people don't know about.

kazebyaka

Banned

50 mana bottles....?

i use magic a lot and it eats bottles like a hot cakes, i can easily spend 20 bottles of mana in one dungeon level.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
before a new dungeon i had to buy a shit ton of mana bottles, so i had to run between a potion seller and a traveling merchant several times. If the game was smarter, i could have just bought my stupid 50 bottles in one place. But hey, gotta waste that time somehow!

You did? I have two casters and a mix caster. I don't think I've ever used more than 4-5 mana potions in any dungeon. Silly question, but you know about camps, right?

i use magic a lot and it eats bottles like a hot cakes, i can easily spend 20 bottles of mana in one dungeon level.

Resting is way more money efficient, it costs like 11 gold per full party heal to full health and mana. Compared to what, 40/50 gold per individual small potion?

And when you run out of rests you just leave and go restock at the itinerant merchant.

kazebyaka

Banned
You did? I have two casters and a mix caster. I don't think I've ever used more than 4-5 mana potions in any dungeon. Silly question, but you know about camps, right?

well, duh, they aren't really helpful in battle. Sometimes i can eat 20 bottles in one fight, and i'm on Act 2

WanderingWind

well, duh, they aren't really helpful in battle

Okay. Well, I mean, I just don't see how with proper planning and thought how you're going through 20 mana potions in any dungeon that I've seen. Almost done with Act II. Maybe there is something after that, but that still seems incredibly high.

V_Arnold

I would like to know what you are actually casting in battle if you do not need to use potions :p

Because when you are
a. Buffing
b. Doing damage Spells
c. Debuffing/Curing,

Then you WILL eat potions like there is no tomorrow. No two ways about it. I pushed my mana reserves up till the roof, and rested as much as can even in dungeons, and mana potions still got used up *fast*.

kazebyaka

Banned
Okay. Well, I mean, I just don't see how with proper planning and thought how you're going through 20 mana potions in any dungeon that I've seen. Almost done with Act II. Maybe there is something after that, but that still seems incredibly high.

lol, i ate 10 bottles per fight in Act I

Looks like i suck major ass in this game. I have no idea what i suppose to do to not suck. I barely able to beat enemies and bosses.

Durante

I went through 9 mana bottles just killing that one guy in the screenshot above. But yeah, I don't think I used that many in any dungeon floor. Still, doing a quick estimate I guess I've used around 60 mana potions in the game so far. And like 6 health potions.

garath

Blade Dancer dual wielding daggers is supposed to be amazing. They get so many attacks that they eat through enemies' block attempts, leaving them wide open for your tank to taunt.

He makes them using herbs that grow nearby that most people don't know about.

Damn. My bladedancer is using swords :(

Already leveled it to Expert too. Shoot.

WanderingWind

I would like to know what you are actually casting in battle if you do not need to use potions :p

Because when you are
a. Buffing
b. Doing damage Spells
c. Debuffing/Curing,

Then you WILL eat potions like there is no tomorrow. No two ways about it. I pushed my mana reserves up till the roof, and rested as much as can even in dungeons, and mana potions still got used up *fast*.

Crusader. Buffs with armor, uses the draw aggro ability. On boss encounters, may need a lesser potion. Never otherwise.
Bladedancer. No spells. No need.
Runepriest. With mysticism as a focus, he has a ton of mana. Can make it through the vast majority of battles without having to refill mana.Has a point in spears so he can deal decent combat damage if the need arises.
Freemage. Less mana that runey. Main guzzler of potions. Use regen rather than light healing spell. Costs less mana in the long run and does the job better. Rest when both caster are out of mana.

I went through 9 mana bottles just killing that one guy in the screenshot above. But yeah, I don't think I used that many in any dungeon floor. Still, doing a quick estimate I guess I've used around 60 mana potions in the game so far. And like 6 health potions.

He's a major boss though. That's a different thing altogether.

V_Arnold

WanderingWind: Thanks, I thought so. Well, my Freemage/Druid/Shaman/Ranger party relied on spells only for damage*, which makes all the difference in mana usage. All the difference.
*Except for the ranger, but that is not too important in this context. She alone could not carry the DPS torch in any fight.

Darkone

Just finished ACT2 , is it me or there is no 1h Axe at all in this game ? my Dwarf defender is stuck with a 1h I got from the smith in the first village so her dmg are a joke.
Actually There is not much weapons I found in chest so far... am I the only one having this issue ?

Sadly for me i got 2 Axes so far from drops and they were very good, too bad that i am in a desperately need for swords, did not get any so far, in middle of act 2.
Still fucking using the ones i started with, sigh.

rybrad

Damn. My bladedancer is using swords :(

Already leveled it to Expert too. Shoot.
Don't worry about it, swords will do you just fine. I feel like my Blade Dancer is pretty OP and I am using swords instead of daggers. It also helps that you can get two really good relic swords.

I had the same problem, but only during act 1. At the start of Act 2 I bought a nice axe at the smith in Seahaven.

Wait, you're allowed to buy nice weapons (the blue ones that cost 10k+)from the smiths with your money? Damn, I've been refusing to buy any swords for my Crusader and Bladedancer and I've yet to find a single weapon upgrade for them so far. They're still using the very first weapons given to them in the game lol. I've been playing on Dark Souls hard mode lol.

What about conserving it for learning spells/mastering abilities?

I mean those M/GM spells cost 2000/6000 a pop, and money does not exactly grow on trees in this game lol, it's a finite resource.

That stupid RNG has not given my party ANY sword drops from any treasure chest/boss in the game so far. Not even an ordinary upgraded weapon, and I'm in Act 3 now. Only friggin Pirate Crossbows, Maces, Axes and Magical Loci. Perhaps I should buy some to tide me over.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Wait, you're allowed to buy nice weapons (the blue ones that cost 10k+)from the smiths with your money? Damn, I've been refusing to buy any swords for my Crusader and Bladedancer and I've yet to find a single weapon upgrade for them so far. They're still using the very first weapons given to them in the game lol. I've been playing on Dark Souls hard mode lol.

I mean those M/GM spells cost 2000/6000 a pop, and money does not exactly grow on trees in this game lol, it's a finite resource.

That stupid RNG has not given my party ANY sword drops from any treasure chest/boss in the game so far. Not even an ordinary upgraded weapon, and I'm in Act 3 now. Only friggin Pirate Crossbows, Maces, Axes and Magical Loci. Perhaps I should buy some to tide me over.

I'm partway into act 3 and have over 200k gold. Gold is really a non issue in the game.

Sinatar

This room will eat your potions (keep in mind even more dudes pour in from the side doors).

12164936655_053f9340ed_o.png

I just got this game and im going through the AA list. Which results in a sharper clean image? The game seems soft at all options I picked which is weird.

I'm partway into act 3 and have over 200k gold. Gold is really a non issue in the game.

Thanks for the reassurance, I just splurged over 25k buying some blue swords for my Crusader/Bladedancer.

Went into combat, and they're a heck of lot a more useful now lol. Previously my freemage and druid were carrying everyone lol, and I always hoped they (crusader/blademaster) could get crits so they could at least do SOME damage in order to taunt the monsters away from my glass cannon spellcasters. Used to be that they always got oneshotted in the areas with the undead since they can't be taunted or mentally manipulated so it's always a frightening free for all in that situation.

Durante

Well, I didn't really worry -- I'm not even through act 2 and I already bought almost all the master spells I need. And from what I've seen so far you get more and more money, while the number of spells you need to learn is also quite finite.

I just got this game and im going through the AA list. Which results in a sharper clean image? The game seems soft at all options I picked which is weird.
FXAA1a does the best job overall. For a sharper clean image you need to downsample ;)

I read that loot in chests is randomized but when I reload before opening a chest I always get the same loot.

It's randomized upon first entering an area, and then set for that area.

So you could save before going to the next floor in a dungeon, open all the chests, if you don't like them, reload on the previous floor and try again.

Durante

Finally made it to The Crag. That was a wild trek. But even the training alone would be more than worth it!

Took some nice screenshots too:
screenshot_2014-01-288wsyu.jpg

Shaldome

No need actually, I am in act 3 and have about 500.000 gold. Might be different when you are playing warrior mode and everything costs twice as much.

Does that mean you're not using both XP bonus hirelings?!

Unfortunately I handed the one quest in already, but got the second XP hireling from Kathar. There is also supposed to be a hunter NPC who gives you unlimited rations. Although the 20 rations from the inn outside of Kathar are more then enough for any dungeon I am visiting right now. I have more problems with inventory space, but with all the money I have I might as well throw out the white stuff.

epmode

Hooray, finally made it across that bridge to the West! Now to spend all of those skill points I've been hoarding in Seahaven.

Sinatar

Awww yea. Found the Freemage promotion quest and already had the item, cha-ching.

Archmage gets timestop which freezes all time for 3 turns. Great way to heal up and rebuff in the middle of a tough fight.

spiritfox

Awww yea. Found the Freemage promotion quest and already had the item, cha-ching.

Archmage gets timestop which freezes all time for 3 turns. Great way to heal up and rebuff in the middle of a tough fight.

I wished we got a art change for the prestige classes. It was a bit underwhelming to turn in the quest and all you got was some spells and a class name change. A bit more fanfare would be nice.

epmode

Looks like the soundtrack that comes with the deluxe version is kind of a joke. 128 kbps MP3s with a lot of missing tracks. Not that the soundtrack is particularly good but I'm thinking the boss theme is worth a listen!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I feel a little stuck for the first time...at the beginning of the Elemental Forge on the second floor, there's the first door you open that brings a few elites and a some weaker ones, but I'm having a hard time with crowd control. I thought keeping them in the doorway was the best way, but I just feel underpowered and don't know where else I can work on that. It's weird that act 2 doesn't start you at a new town first, going all the way back to the first seems boring.

AzureSky

bought this game last weekend and spent every free minute playing it.
I am pretty disappointed in the way game design is going lately, dont care for any of the blockbuster titles or micro transactions (vowed to never buy dlc). But this one came out of the left field for me. Never played the original Might & Magic games and didnt expect "Legacy" at all. I do enjoy rpg's, but couldnt get into old Might and Magic, they aged pretty badly. "Legacy" sums up what gaming should be, though. Exploration, strategic combat, no handholding every step you take. There are a few rough edges, but they are not gamebreaking and will probably be fixed (oh and the Ubi Launcher is just disgusting, now i have another account i never wanted. This is the only thing about this game i really hate)

I hope more peaople try it.

I did a few mistakes with my first party (crusader/druid/scout/freemage) and restarted in "warrior". Running with crusader/blademaster/freemage/runepriest now and enjoing every minute.

desverger

I wished we got a art change for the prestige classes. It was a bit underwhelming to turn in the quest and all you got was some spells and a class name change. A bit more fanfare would be nice.

I remember in M&M7, when I did my Lich promotion quest for my Wizard, she actually turned into an undead skeleton thing - that was awesome :p

I'm still kind of missing the paperdoll inventory from the previous games, but it's allright.

Durante

Looks like the soundtrack that comes with the deluxe version is kind of a joke. 128 kbps MP3s with a lot of missing tracks. Not that the soundtrack is particularly good but I'm thinking the boss theme is worth a listen!
I have it on what I presume to be an audio CD. I really have no way of telling since I don't have a physical disc drive, but in theory at least the audio quality should be better.

I feel a little stuck for the first time...at the beginning of the Elemental Forge on the second floor, there's the first door you open that brings a few elites and a some weaker ones, but I'm having a hard time with crowd control. I thought keeping them in the doorway was the best way, but I just feel underpowered and don't know where else I can work on that.
Did you do the various side-quests in act 1, explore everything and get whatever expert training was available in Sorpigal? Buy spells? Basically you need to make it through the forge to the next major bump in power by reaching Seahaven.

How are you taking screenshots in this? PrtScr is just giving a black box for some raisin.
Pressing F12 will give you a UPlay screenshot that will be stored in "My Documents\UPlay\Screenshots". They're badly compressed though so you might want to download a program like Fraps if you're not happy with them. If you bought the Steam version you can also press F12 to use Steam's screenshot feature.

I restarted the game for the second time and I now finally have a well balanced party that I'm fairly happy with. It would be nice to replace one character but now I don't know if I want to replay the first hour again.

WanderingWind

Pressing F12 will give you a UPlay screenshot that will be stored in "My Documents\UPlay\Screenshots". They're badly compressed though so you might want to download a program like Fraps if you're not happy with them. If you bought the Steam version you can also press F12 to use Steam's screenshot feature.

I restarted the game for the second time and I now finally have a well balanced party that I'm fairly happy with. It would be nice to replace one character but now I don't know if I want to replay the first hour again.

Thanks!

Top Bottom