• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Might & Magic X Legacy |OT| From Corak and Sheltem to Enroth and Erathia

garath

Man. I thought there wasn't much challenge left in the game. Then I went to Sudgerd to get the Runelord promotion. Whew. Some real rough battles. Surrounded on all sides by real hard hitting things and things that drain your mana. Those fire elementals and their explosions aren't fun either.

I got my promotion and learned what Searing Rune did. And what happens when you are standing in it the next turn. lol!

I'm guessing Searing Rune is a very situational spell. It's rare you can cast it and still be able to back up a square since you're almost always engaged in melee. Pretty useless if you just kill yourself with it.

Unless it wasn't the Searing rune that killed me and it was just a couple of fire elementals behind me, but I think it was the searing rune. That was carnage in a single turn.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a teleport spell to be had? I finally found where I can buy 9 supplies which is nice, but once those run out or my armor/weapons break, it's a really tedious process to walk back to town to repair/restock...Especially with the enemies never respawning, it's sloooow.

InertiaXr

then your main quest should be to return to the governor and after that to go to karthal?

Yeah I've done that and mapped out Karthal, but none of the quests I have I seem to be able to do. I advanced a little on finding Hamza within Karthal, but now the Blackfang need me to go out to a shipwreck to advance the quest more and I don't have the Blessing of Shalassa to walk on water, so I've definitely missed some quests/dungeon I think.

garath

Is there a teleport spell to be had? I finally found where I can buy 9 supplies which is nice, but once those run out or my armor/weapons break, it's a really tedious process to walk back to town to repair/restock...Especially with the enemies never respawning, it's sloooow.

It's called Spirit Beacon and it's a master level primordial spell. I think the first place you can get it is in Karthal so it'll be a bit before you get there.

There's other inns and outposts along the way so it's not all that bad.

Yeah I've done that and mapped out Karthal, but none of the quests I have I seem to be able to do. I advanced a little on finding Hamza within Karthal, but now the Blackfang need me to go out to a shipwreck to advance the quest more and I don't have the Blessing of Shalassa to walk on water, so I've definitely missed some quests/dungeon I think.

Do you have the water rune? I think you get that in lvl4 of Lost City. If you have that, go to Elemental Forge and open the water door and complete the boss fight/puzzle to get the Blessing of Shalassa. You can't progress without it.

Moff

the blessing of shalassa
can be found in lost city level 4
thats why i pointed you there ;)

also, check out every inn you find, 9 supplies is really not a lot, you should have passed a lot of inns by now that sell a lot more.

InertiaXr

Oh! No I don't have the water rune, I haven't found any since the Sylanna Blessing that you get earlier on. I must have missed it in Lost City level 4 somehow, I'll go back and look, thanks guys.

Raggie

There's a new update on the open dev blog:

While we are finalizing our first big patch, here are some things you might want to check out next time you play Might & Magic X – Legacy :)

SO, DID YOU…

…find all the references to previous Might & Magic games?
…notice the sketches on Edwin’s wall?
…know who Jassad is?
…recognize the name of the Mace Relic?
…find all the references to former Might & Magic developers?
…find all the links to the other games set in Ashan?
…tried to use Lord Haart’s Elven Dictionary to translate all Elven names?
…notice that most NPC names have some sort of hidden meaning? (for instance, “Felipe” means “one who loves horses”)
…see all the unique dialogs with some of the Dwarf NPCs if you have Dwarves of specific classes in your party?
…know what was wrong with Mayneri’s pendant?
…recognize the game Ryu is busy creating?
…find all the Forgotten Saga poems?
…find the Flute?
…find out what the Flute actually did? :)
…recognize the name of the Minotaur Champion found in the Dubra Scrubland?
…recognize the name of the “Pack Horse” Hireling?
…find all the references to Twin Peaks, including the entrance to the Black Lodge?
…find all the references to Doctor Who?
…find all the references to Star Trek?
…find all the references to Star Wars?
…find all the references to Casablanca?
…find all the other movie references (including, but not limited to, Rocky, Superman II, the Good the Bad the Ugly…)?
…find all the references to Leiji Matusmoto’s works?
…find all the references to the Monkey Island series?
…find all the other video game references (including, but not limited to, Wing Commander, Wizardry, Doom…)
…recognize Zakaral (OK this one is mostly aimed at French nerds :p)
…find other secrets and easter eggs that are not part of this list?

Moff

hmm, I have to say no to most of these, and the forgotten saga quest was bugged.

I'd be interested in the movie references and the maynerio pendant though, I just found it and the guy there just reacted like it was for a quest I never got. thought it was a class quest.

garath

Just killed the crystal spider. That was kind of a cake walk. The only difficult part was closing that original gap when he's firing the spikes at you. I kept backing off instead of moving forward Lol. Luckily my crusader is like impossible to kill. I just kept ressurecting people until I figured out to just move forward and then he didn't hurt anymore.

The rewards were very underwhelming too :(

Still need fire gm, arcane mage promotion, wind gm, dodge gm, etc. Lots of running around. I don't remember where half of those guys are. Never even ran across the freemage promotion.

kmfdmpig

Just killed the crystal spider. That was kind of a cake walk. The only difficult part was closing that original gap when he's firing the spikes at you. I kept backing off instead of moving forward Lol. Luckily my crusader is like impossible to kill. I just kept ressurecting people until I figured out to just move forward and then he didn't hurt anymore.

The rewards were very underwhelming too :(

Still need fire gm, arcane mage promotion, wind gm, dodge gm, etc. Lots of running around. I don't remember where half of those guys are. Never even ran across the freemage promotion.

If you want to take the easy way out then search for Trainer locations online and you can see a list of where each are. Freemage promotion, if I remember, comes much later than others.

If you want to take the easy way out then search for Trainer locations online and you can see a list of where each are. Freemage promotion, if I remember, comes much later than others.

It's actually one of the few that requires you to advance the plot beyond a certain predetermined point later on in the game. Many of the others can be obtained even before that plot point, based on my own playthrough since their "trainers/NPCs" are not plot related.

gyrspike

Neo Member
Saw this post on the steam forums from the Might and Magic Legacy Dev team:

]Details about: Post-launch Patch 1
Hello Adventurers,

Don’t give way to despair! The patch is on its way and will arrive on the 2nd half of February (exact date to be confirmed as soon as possible!). Among other things, it will include:

- Three new dungeons
- Improved performance & clearer texture quality setting (you can expect some improvement on open world but we will continue to work on this point along next patches too)
- Reduction of save corruption risks (we are still working on it, however we recommend you to delete existing ones and disable Uplay Saves Sync if you experienced this issue)
- 16/10 resolution is now officially supported by the game
- Fixed modding kit for the final version of the game
- Spirit Beacon bug is now fixed; invisible enemy won’t haunt you anymore! (You can no longer use it in dungeon or with close enemies)
- Numerous bug fixes & balancing (many of them reported by the community)
- Etc.

Please check the list at the end of this article for detailed information about the patch. Also, we're still working on a Mac version of the game. It still needs to be tested and optimized and we hope we can deliver it within the first half of 2014.

We are aware we still have improvements to achieve and we deeply apologize to all of you. We are doing our best to understand, reproduce and find solutions. Please have a look on where we are standing today regarding the following topics:

o Performance improvement & heat issues: Of course we will continue improving the game performance and still have some challenges ahead in this point. However, with this new patch, you should be able to better tweak the game and have a real positive impact on your game performance. For instance, we strongly recommend you to reduce the shadow distance & shadow qualities that are the main too “greedy” options. Don’t forget to reducing the globalgame quality, we know the game can be “heavy”.
o For those who can’t access Act 2, we are still trying to identify all possible cases. However, thanks to some important fixes, this should be fixed for most of you. Still, we will need your feedback to confirm this and explorealternative solutions.
o If you still have difficulties connecting to Uplay or recovering your Uplay rewards, we will need your rendezvouslog & saves to check this. http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/833976-Saves-corruption-issue
o Concerning bugged quests, we should have fixed most of them, however we continue our tests and improvements. We recommend you to load your existing saves after the update, create a new save, and then load it in order to apply all patch modifications. If this doesn’t solve the issue, please share your saves with us on the forum.

Again, we understand your frustration and we really want to fix all those issues as soon as possible and the best way we can imagine. Our team will continue support and we will let you know as soon as a further patch is planned.

Thanks again for your support,
your MMX dev team

4.6. 1.4 version release note.

o New Content:
• 3 new dungeons:
• Exclusive Dream Dungeon
• Community Dungeon
• Limbo Dungeon

o Changes
• 16:10 resolutions are now available with UI accordingly updated.
• Hint for texture details option is added in game (it still only configurable in the main menu)
• Asian language fonts are now only loaded if needed (memory improvement)
• Reduced the amount of path-finding calculations per monster each turn (caused performance issues on certain places in the world map)

o Balancing changes
• Added Dark Nova to Faceless (Core and Elite)
• Split monster ability "Battle Spirit" into three different variations: for Militia Captain, Black Guard Captain and Naga Warlord
• Increased 2-Handed Weapon Damage and Crit Chance
• Increased Ranged Weapon Damage and Crit Chance
• Increased 2-Handed Magical Focus Damage
• Reduced Magical Focus Crit Damage Increase
• Reduced Magical Focus Damage Increase (Grand Master Bonus)

o Bug fixes
• Issues reported by the community
• Quest UI bug when you click the "Show finished quest" option, the page number text "Page x/x" will glitch.
• The 'Dual Wield' skill does not provide a number on Attack Value increase on the off-hand weapon.
• Alesia - Healer doesn't refill Mana, only Health.
• Radiant Weapon spell incorrect behavior, enemies still block attacks.
• Paladin Promotion quest - You can obtain another copy of the 2nd Stone Disc fragment if you discuss again with the Blackfang Smuggler.
• In “The Slums” area in Karthal City, a barrel containing a spider teleports in a different location of the map.
• Bow and Crossbow Grandmaster Trainers have an incorrect conversation string when asking for training after completing their quests. They consider that you’re already a Bow or Crossbow Grandmaster.
• Acid Splash spell incorrect behavior (decreases the armor rating by 50% and removes 50% of melee block attempts).
• Mispell of "Consumed" with Elixir of Potency = conusmed (loc issue)
• Typo in the description for the different masteries of the Medium Armor skill.
• The letter related to the siege of the castle in the Aegyn Peninsula does not disappear after finishing act 1.
• Bug in the Bestiary entry bug, Minotaur's skill Crush description says '404 MONSTER_ABILITY_CRUSH_INFO'
• Romuald Hireling (Negotiator)- Incorrect behavior when buying a mana potion, price is “86” but “100” is removed from purse.
• After completing Naga Tea quest, it is possible to receive duplicate copies of the various teas from the original people.
• The "Doctor" Hireling ability can be used in battles without costing a turn. This makes status changes too easy to dispell.
• 'Hour of Power' buff tooltip you can obtain by praying at shrines says you get a bonus of 10, which only provides 4.
• Dodge Expert incorrect training cost at Seahaven.

o General bug fixes
• The defender cannot finish the promotion quest if the player kills the Davros and free the Dwarves before getting the promotion quest.
• Lore books in Lore page cannot be fully displayed if unchecking "Show all books".
• The SFX of Manco's spell - Chain Lightning is incomplete, in Cave_3.
• Lev cannot send the party from “Elemental Forge 4” back to “The Castle Portmeyron”.
• The tooltip of Cyclops' magic power contains debug info.
• The party can get tokens “Tea” again, even the quest is already completed.
• The hireling Alesia can only restore HP and inconsistent with the description in the tooltip.
• The token “Hidden Scrolls” should not display as usable token in map “Karthal_Sewers”.
• The objective stating "Find Kirk" of quest "Lost Lambs" shows improperly under a certain circumstance.
• One word in the Lore Book "A Tour of the Free Cities" is incorrect.
• The token "Flute" won't disappear after playing right notes with it in front of the crystal in Sudgerd.
• The last dialog with Blind Shaman always shown as "You are not chosen" even if player has already completed the quest "Warmonger Promotion".
• The Heame still talks about same sentence, even after finished the quest "Haart has its reason".
• The page footer will be corrupted after checking the "Show finished quests" in quest book.
• The Magic Power data of Moonsilk Spider in Bestiary is not complete.
• The SFX of spell “Fire Blast” displayed improperly when turning camera.
• The ongoing quest Jassad’s Bestiary needs one more tip to notice players that Bosses and Elites are not counted.
• The second step of “Darkness in the lighthouse” cannot be updated.
• Player can bring Falagar to city Karthal without blocking.
• The collision of the shadow dragons is improper in Tomb_of_Thusend_Terrors_4.
• The action “Harpoon” still affects enemies, even it is blocked or missed.
• The quest: Partners in crime (3/4) updated incorrectly when the party goes to the Skull_Rock and get the Blackfang’s Chest first.
• The battle music keeps playing instead of reverting to normal with high probability.
• Entire dungeon will be reset if the party teleported by casting the spell Spirit Beacon then revisit the dungeon.
• The players get the two slides for completing ‘Haart has its reasons’ with telling the truth mostly to Heame.
• The close button doesn’t work when answering Lord Kilburn’s questions.
• There is no prompt in option, when the party doesn't have enough money to identify items in store.
• Monster (Elite) Naga Warlord still can trigger the ability Sweeping Attack when it casts spell Battle Spirit.
• The UI of the door to the Vigil_3 in Vigil_2 (1,14) should be a downstair icon.
• The text of the potion: Elixir of Potency is improper.
• The actual effect when Facehugger triggered the ability Mana Leech or cast spell Chain Lightning is improper.
• The token will always display on the right-bottom corner even nobody in the party can use it.
• The side quest: Pirate Truce cannot be finished if the player enters The Crag before getting this quest, and reenters it.
• The paladin promotion quest token can be sold again after this quest has been done.
• The damage from monster dealt by the ability "Overwhelming Assault" will delay for a second.
• The effect of any entrance will vanish after saving and loading game when standing in front of it.
• Normal save will change into Auto-save after inputting certain name.
• The fight music won't stop after killing enemies in maps Cave_2, Pao_Kai_Nest_1 and Karthal_UnderSiege.
• Potion or scroll doesn’t be discounted after buying it with hireling “Romuald”.
• The Boss who has a dialog will perform an extra action when the dialog was triggered.
• The corpse of Pao Kai is floating in the air.
• The description of “Terror” is “Lasts 0 turns”.
• Identify items from the hireling Karim still charges fees.
• The aggro flag turns red after the first action of the monsters.
• The locked chest cannot be looted for the second time.
• The stackable items cannot be sold when there's only one in the Inventory .
• The SFX of spell “Fire Shield” can be triggered by retaliation from enemies.
• Cost in game is always the same.
• The SFX of Manco's spell - Regeneration presents only on the weapon, in Cave_3.
• The message of Rest within Owl Cave still showes after promotion is finished.
• The monster who has ability Pain reflection cannot reflect the melee damage caused by Magic Focus.
• The sound-fx of solving the secret will replay after the party back to Den_of_Thief_1 from DoT_2.

o Dev Tools update
• Code update so that with the new version created mods are compatible with the game again

o New assets added
• City assets updated with buildings from Seahaven, Karthal and The Crag.
• Faceless dungeon set
• Karthal Palace dungeon set

o Usability improvements implemented
• Default configurations for a faster placement of monster, doors, secrets and other interactive objects
• Automatic updates is no longer overriding all previous settings
• Terrain type definitions added
• Zone specific lighting
• General visibility improvements

Alric

I wish the notes i took on the maps could be found easier from each region. I've been putting notes on every trainer location, quest I have done or extra hard battles I can't do yet. However, unless I'm in the region I can't see the notes. Is there anything from the map menu that allows you to move around the local maps and see all the notes?

garath

Well I think I'm at the end. I'm about 4 fights into
the war? Crag hack joined my party and I left on a point of no return sort of thing.
My party is so overpowered now. I even lost my chef to get the new NPC so no more well rested bonus. I'm also one level away from GM magical focus on my archmage. Doesn't matter. Completely obliterating everything.

Archmage - GM air, GM primordial, 23 points into Magical Focus
Bladedancer - GM sword, GM dodge, GM dual wield
Runepriest - GM earth, GM fire
Paladin - GM sword, Master shield, GM heavy armor

I'm sure I'm forgetting some skills but those are the key ones. For anyone wondering about what to do with the freemage, forget air. Go primordial and magical focus. It's not resisted nearly as much and a crit from implosion absolutely wrecks. I wish I GM'd magical focus earlier instead of air. It's still resisted a lot and doesn't do nearly as much damage as primordial for the mana.

All I do now is just cast implosion with the archmage, regen and/or armor from my runepriest then just auto attack till things are dead. Might need a purge from my mage or a toxic attack from my runepriest ( the one that does damage and lowers their armor/ability to block) if it's a particularly strong opponent but not necessary often.

I wish the notes i took on the maps could be found easier from each region. I've been putting notes on every trainer location, quest I have done or extra hard battles I can't do yet. However, unless I'm in the region I can't see the notes. Is there anything from the map menu that allows you to move around the local maps and see all the notes?

No, it's one of the most requested features i imagine. It would certainly help.

yeb

I'm guessing Searing Rune is a very situational spell. It's rare you can cast it and still be able to back up a square since you're almost always engaged in melee. Pretty useless if you just kill yourself with it..
You don't need to back up. If you cast it when enemies are still a square away from you, it will hit them and be centered where they are, so they'll move closer and still get hit but you'll be safe.

Anyway, I haven't been posting in the thread but I've beaten the game and replayed it most of the way through to mess with a different party.

My most broken character, by far, is my dagger-using Blademaster. She actually attacks 9 times per turn (GM Daggers, GM dual wield, and two weapons of relentlessness), and she has the 3 pieces of armor with Asha's breath, for 39 damage to the enemy group on each attack. She literally does more in splash damage than my dual wielding scout does to his primary target. I think she does something like 900 damage per attack, although I can't scroll up far enough to count the majority of it. It ends up being around 60% on most enemies, and of course she gets bonus turns for each melee kill. If she uses whirlwind (I think that's the name of the Blademaster attack) against a group of three, the 27x Asha's breath seems to become 81x Asha's breath, and the whole group just dies in an explosion of purple.

Seriously, this game was awesome.

AzureSky

was identify items intentially changed to 100g on warrior or is there something weird going on with my savegames?
Also, battles seem to be much easier, and my low level party doesnt miss as much.

garath

You don't need to back up. If you cast it when enemies are still a square away from you, it will hit them and be centered where they are, so they'll move closer and still get hit but you'll be safe.

Lol, yeah. I figured that out with a little trial and error. Threw me for a loop the first couple times though.

Now GM searing rune + GM cyclone casts before the enemies engage with me absolutely melts them.

I keep thinking I'm at the end but the game keeps going and going.
Went down 3 levels of vigil thinking it was a side area before finishing the castle area and now it's gated off lol. Guess I was supposed to go down here anyways. Now I'm 2 levels under vigil and the game keeps going....

My party is godly. After reading about people with copious amounts of money, I spent throughout the entire game with no shame. I still have 450k. Oh well.

What a great game though. I'm about 50 hours in and I'm sure I'll finish it shortly. Won't replay but it was a great playthrough.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Anyone playing the new dungeons?

Just in the time to be unbanned. Yea I played them all yesterday.

1. Fortress of Crows - Best of the 3 and one of the best dungeons in the whole game, very very cool.
2. Dream Shard - Nothing special, mainly just a combat gauntlet though it's got some neat story stuff in it.
3. Limbo - Won't ruin this, but fans of classic M&M games will recognize this tradition being carried forward.

Malio

Is there a message you received the patch or update? I launch the game as normal...no mention of an update.

garath

Is there a message you received the patch or update? I launch the game as normal...no mention of an update.

You buy it through steam right? Might have auto-updated. Check your steam downloads and it should tell you if a game updated recently. I got it last night. 1.3 gig file :eek:

Sinatar

Downloaded automatically for me through Steam. You can double check your version number in the bottom right.

12662952445_ac7d0ab596_o.png

In unrelated news I at least spent my ban doing something productive.

12397541544_fa72fbf0fa_o.png

Malio

Congratulations Sin, hopefully I'll get there soon now that I can play the game again since the patch! The update really helped my frame-rate and the constant crashes are gone, 32-bit Windows here...I'm damn happy.

Anyway, I'm trying to get into the Lost City, but it looks like the entrance is blocked by rubble...what am I missing?

KePoW

Banned
With the new patch, I'm going to start my second playthrough.

But are there any classes that yall think is just flat out bad??

waby

Even though there was a lot of bugs I still enjoy my playthrough which is nice. Some enemies do a jump scare on me lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So how do you find the new dungeons?

AzureSky

Hunter he is still inferior to Ranger/Scout/Crusader. You can build him for melee/bow, but there are more versatile options. The only thing he has on other hybrids is two-hand mastery.
Air is the only magic school he can specialize in, and it doesnt have much utility. Earth/Fire/Light are much better for someone who doesnt go all the way to grandmaster.

Ah hah, nabbed this from Steam just in time from yesterdays daily deal ending, thank you Ubisoft weekend sale! Time to put the coffee on :D

Is warrior difficulty to much for a first play through? Been a long time since I ran through a M&M.

I bought the digital deluxe and it was a bit vague about new dungeons on the store page, are they the ones that are included in this patch you guys are talking about? Or everyone got those dungeons, and the deluxe ones are not yet available?

EDIT - one other question... for the steam version, does anyone else have a problem with it not exiting? I can exit the game and quit uPlay, but steam still lists me as inside playing the game. So I can't launch the game again without killing steam from task manager, as it says it is already running.

Sinatar

I bought the digital deluxe and it was a bit vague about new dungeons on the store page, are they the ones that are included in this patch you guys are talking about? Or everyone got those dungeons, and the deluxe ones are not yet available?

2 of the dungeons are available for everyone (Fortress of Crows & Limbo) and the dreamshard dungeon is the DD one.

Uhh... at least 100 if not more. It's massive.

I can tell, seeing that finish screen with characters at level 91 seems crazy. That's gotta be like Dragon Ball Z level power or something. I'm really enjoying 6, currently at level 21 with some light/dark magic spells. I should probably find some expert trainers.

KePoW

Banned
Is it feasible to have a party with no Shield users? Or do you realistically need at least one?

Also is the narrator anyone in the game, or just a random person telling the story?

How is performance of the game post-patch? I'm on the fence over whether to buy this or not since I have a 1st gen i7 laptop with a 1gb GPU, 4 gigs of ram but will likely buy a new computer later this year. I'm wondering if I should buy the game now or wait until I get a new comp.

Top Bottom