• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danneee

Just bought this based on this thread and it is super awesome, and to think that it is still i alpha. Makes me wonder what kind of wonderful things they will add to the beta and final versions...

Edit: Can monsters spawn anywhere, like in my tunnels? I keep building doors but maybe I don't have to?

Cday

Banned
Danneee said:
Can monsters spawn anywhere, like in my tunnels? I keep building doors but maybe I don't have to?

They spawn at night or in dark places. Keep your tunnels lit and if you discover an underground cavern keep in mind there's a decent chance there's a monster or two down there.

Visualante said:
This game is amazing. I join. Walk around, find some guys with nazi logo castles building something. I wreck their entire castle within 20 minutes and they all rage quit. They must have spent hours making this.

Griefers dream!
glorious :lol

i have to get this

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I've said it before, but I will repeat it...

This is basically like one of those shitassed facebook social games.

Except, instead of getting a fighting pit bull or whatever by convincing your friends to buy it, you get an awesome new feature.

So, for every person you convince to buy the game, you're investing in getting even more awesome stuff to play with.

Maybe he'll even be able to hire someone to help him...

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Cday said:
They spawn at night or in dark places. Keep your tunnels lit and if you discover an underground cavern keep in mind there's a decent chance there's a monster or two down there.

I had a horrible thing occur when I was shoveling away a sand deposit in my mine. I could barely make out the sand, but I knew it was there so I was cleverly holding down my mouse button and removing sand in complete darkness.

This caused an exploding zombie to be spawned, and it made short work of me.

EVH

Love to see people liking this game. Notch shows up sometimes in brocraft, a livestream channel 24/7 of people playing this game. A guy wrote all things he said he would like to include in the game.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8814926/Notch%20on%20Livestream.txt

This:
"One night the sky turns a funny colour or bats noises and it indicates a zombie seige the zombies will be able to destroy blocks"

And the "Megabeasts" = :D

Also, here is a pig trap / bacon dispenser i did a few days ago and its working pretty well, i'm full of bacon right now.

bacon1.jpg

bacon2q.jpg

bacon3.jpg

bacun.jpg

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
EVH said:
Also, here is a pig trap / bacon dispenser i did a few days ago and its working pretty well, i'm full of bacon right now.

Fantastic. Did you create the water with buckets, or did you just use an existing waterfall?

EVH

Used buckets. I must say that not only pigs fall in the trap. Creepers (that green exploding thing), zombies, skeletons and sheeps too. So this dispenses you arrows, bacon and more :D

EVH

Air Zombie Meat said:
This looks really interesting. Quite tempted to get it but it looks like a real timesink.

It is a real timesink. And when you get bored of the game (something that is very very difficult), every friday there is an update that adds some gameplay value to the game.

That without talking about multiplayer, wich is comming soon.

Lyon

Whoa, I used to run a server for the old free version. That was a timesink, this looks... insane.

This Alpha build, any idea when it's going multiplayer? I really don't want to lose so much time to SP if MP is around the corner.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
EVH said:
Used buckets. I must say that not only pigs fall in the trap. Creepers (that green exploding thing), zombies, skeletons and sheeps too. So this dispenses you arrows, bacon and more :D
That is just epic.

I used to frequent the GCC server during the "free version" period and while there wasn't any "gameplay" there, it was already a massive timesink, now it looks like a totally new game. I will be buying this, so hard.

Max

I am not Max
Lyon said:
Whoa, I used to run a server for the old free version. That was a timesink, this looks... insane.

This Alpha build, any idea when it's going multiplayer? I really don't want to lose so much time to SP if MP is around the corner.
I heard maybe this month

So I just started palying this. So far my attempts to make it through the night have failed. Maybe I should play on easy :(

First try I had nothing built and no torches. I was in a corner and heard rustling getting closer and closer till something came and blew me up. Next try I had torches built, a wall (no roof though), pickaxes, and a sword. A skeleton managed to get in and kill me though (no idea where he came from, I was trying to mine by torchlight).

Its fun though. Have to learn a lot as you go, and dying just makes you more determined.

Aaron

I was hesitant to buy, but this game is absolutely incredible. I wish I could find the materials to craft some armor though. Those arrow shooting enemies are owning me. Also, not knowing an enemy can explode is a bit of a surprise. I have my little safe house though and I have some materials, so I'll be good to dig deep once again soon.

OMG Aero

I just bought this game and I have a quick question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. Is there a specific place where my save file is stored on my computer? I want to play this game on my PC and then copy my save file to my laptop so I can continue playing when I'm not at home.

Metalic Sand

who is Emo-Beas?
Ill probly pick this up after its in a final form, I need to finish up other things first.

I played some of the classic yesterday and i can see it being very addictive.

Fenror

Neo Member
OMG Aero said:
I just bought this game and I have a quick question I'm hoping someone can answer for me. Is there a specific place where my save file is stored on my computer? I want to play this game on my PC and then copy my save file to my laptop so I can continue playing when I'm not at home.
%appdata%\.minecraft\saves

EVH

Was about to open the door, searching for bacon and suddenly...

creepon.jpg

:lol

Creepers, creepers everywhere.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Aaron said:
I was hesitant to buy, but this game is absolutely incredible. I wish I could find the materials to craft some armor though. Those arrow shooting enemies are owning me. Also, not knowing an enemy can explode is a bit of a surprise. I have my little safe house though and I have some materials, so I'll be good to dig deep once again soon.

Smack sheep for wool. You can make cloth armor that wears out fairly quick but still provides good protection.

EVH said:
Was about to open the door, searching for bacon and suddenly...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/4238/creepon.jpg

:lol

Creepers, creepers everywhere.[/QUOTE]

Open door
receive explosive death
:(

OMG Aero

Oh man the monsters in this game are terrifying. I've just been holed up in my house for a night hoping none of them get through. As dawn came I was fine and my house was untouched, then I went to leave a creeper ran into my door and blew up.
How can such simple shapes be so scary?

Rapstah

So far I've built a Bat-Cave and a Pirate Cave with a boat and I'm liking it all, although no enemies actually make efforts to kill me (zombies and exploding zombies spawn at night but they stay away from my brightly lit houses).

Razorskin

----- ------
Max said:
does increasing amounts of bedrock indicate that i've hit the bottom?

shit don't break

Pretty much, you could fall through the bottom of the map if you mine around them, watch out.

bard

Firehead said:
Indeed, they are! You can also call them "awesome". 'Cause you can re-skin them to make them look GameBoy-like!
TiImq.png
Wait... wait.. WAIT. I've been playing Minecraft for months. How did I not know about this skin? I want that!

so i bought this game and was wondering what to do next. Looked through the wiki and the walkthroughs but I am currently walking around with a sappling beating on pigs and sheep gathering stuff as I see it. What should I do next?

_Bro

Banned
So what's Minecraft without a Who Can Build _____ Better Challenge? Anybody down for some super penis building competition?

Boonoo

TheExecutive said:
so i bought this game and was wondering what to do next. Looked through the wiki and the walkthroughs but I am currently walking around with a sappling beating on pigs and sheep gathering stuff as I see it. What should I do next?

Make yourself a wooden pickaxe and start mining! upgrade to stone and dig around.

Razorskin said:
Have you found any servers that don't look like they've been through hell and back?
I'll let you know. The Facepunch one is on top of things. We wrecked their server and they reverted despite not acting as a group of griefers. There was a stoner server as well but it looked like they didn't care.

Okay I caved (haha, get it?) and went ahead and got it. Is there supposed to be any sound/music? When I punch things I hear nothing, neither is there any type of music.

Visualante said:
I'll let you know. The Facepunch one is on top of things. We wrecked their server and they reverted despite not acting as a group of griefers. There was a stoner server as well but it looked like they didn't care.

How are you playing multiplayer? I just bought myself a premium account and it's greyed out. Unless it takes some time for it to process I paid.

Firehead

TheExecutive said:
where do i get those materials for crafting?
Trees. From those trees, you make planks [spoilers]you craft by pressing 'i' to open your inventory and dragging items to the top[/spoilers], planks make a work bench; work benches make items that require more-than 2x2 slots.

Also, build a base!

Razorskin

----- ------
RadicalRad said:
Okay I caved (haha, get it?) and went ahead and got it. Is there supposed to be any sound/music? When I punch things I hear nothing, neither is there any type of music.

How are you playing multiplayer? I just bought myself a premium account and it's greyed out. Unless it takes some time for it to process I paid.

Go on minecraft website and play multiplayer under classic. It's not in alpha yet.

Firehead

RadicalRad said:

There is a bit of ambient music, but I believe it's only in the caves now. And they're playing "MineCraft Classic Multiplayer". It's on the main site to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom