• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

It's so much more fun exploring now. I quickly came across two villages, with a deep cave drop near one of them. I went exploring and soon came across a monster spawner in an almost sectioned off room. Further down still I followed an underground flow of water that dropped down again, which was joined to an abandoned, flooded mine. I literally could've explored any number of routes and just happened to notice the wood and cobwebs around one corner and followed that path.

Still haven't seen an Enderman though.

samoset

I'm really enjoying this update. I've spent about the entire week just exploring the abandoned mine-shafts that are under my base. It's really impressive how they keep sprawling floor after floor attaching to traditional caves, dungeons, and ravines.

I also found these guys hanging out behind a wall; I think they got lost.
2011-09-15_200619.png

Borgnine

MBA in pussy licensing and rights management
I guess I got lucky. I wasn't even concerned about it but then I stumbled on a village about 4 minutes walk from my spawn. I have dubbed it Sheepwell in honor of the sheep that spawned on top of the well and can't get down.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
NubInaTub said:
Just a question guys, but If I purchase the beta, do I get the full game when it comes out?
no i thought you have to pay extra when the full game comes out. you only get the full game if you bought it in alpha =/

bengraven

Found a huge ravine between my village and the mountain in the background. Probably a few seconds walk from the edge of town but I went a full IRL day without realizing it was there.

Fought and mined my way down to the bottom of the ravine and was loving the food just falling from the sky...stupid cows and pigs. ha Then at one end of the ravine I saw a ton of cobwebs and some wood.

No no, Mr. Mineshaft, you'll have to wait for another day, but I'm very excited to explore you.

Also: bow and arrows fucking rock. I'm having SO much fun with them.

Complex Shadow said:
no i thought you have to pay extra when the full game comes out. you only get the full game if you bought it in alpha =/

That's incorrect.

When you bought in alpha, you received the game at a 50% discount, all future versions and all future DLC (not patches, but actual DLC) for free.

When you buy in beta, you receive the game at a 25% discount.

Regardless, you're buying the full game.

Toppot

Complex Shadow said:
The site says "25% off during beta" so as far as I'm aware if you buy it at any time you get the full game.

TBH I can't see mojang charging extra for any updates unless they do something massive that costs them a lot to develop.

Complex Shadow said:

From minecraft.net:

Please note that when you buy the game, you're paying for the game as it is right now! You will also get the full version of Minecraft when it is released.

Complex Shadow said:

As far as I am aware if you buy the game now whilst it is in Beta then you get the full game when it comes out (because you have already paid for the game). So Alpha and Beta purchasers will get the full version at NO extra cost when it is released.

ElRenoRaven

Complex Shadow said:

No you get the full game and all important updates. If they release new content in the future after you won't get that unless you bought in Alpha. Those purchasers get all future content like that as well as the updates.

Heysoos

upandaway said:
I think the "no" seed gave me a really big desert the other day. Wait a sec I'll grab a pic.

http://i.imgur.com/p9VO5.png
(looks to be roughly the size of those 3 deserts together, sheesh)

And I notice there's another desert starting on the bottom left too. I don't need so much sand man!
The spawn is in the grass on the bottom left.

What program are you guys using to get maps like these?

Ark

Ok guys, I'm REALLY sorry I haven't been posting much or updating in regards to the server.

At the moment, we're still waiting for the Bukkit team to release a recommended build so the server can be updated along with Bukkit, when said build is out, I will backup the map, invite people to blow shit up if they so wish, and then update the server.

As well as uploading the final, trimmed backup for public download \o/

Jhriad

ArtistDude88 said:
Well... Broke my 2nd pair of shears flying around Neocraft, shearing every sheep I saw. I think I'm done with Neocraft until it updates... No one to talk to :(

Guess you and I just keep missing each other then. :)

Been on and off some the past few days trying to replace what I lost when my inventory reverted to a previous state, deleting all the stuff that was in there.

Ark said:
I will backup the map, invite people to blow shit up if they so wish, and then update the server.

Looking forward to salvaging some stuff prior to the move over after the map has been saved for archiving purposes.

bengraven

Ark said:
Ok guys, I'm REALLY sorry I haven't been posting much or updating in regards to the server.

At the moment, we're still waiting for the Bukkit team to release a recommended build so the server can be updated along with Bukkit, when said build is out, I will backup the map, invite people to blow shit up if they so wish, and then update the server.

As well as uploading the final, trimmed backup for public download \o/

You're cleaning up the backup for the download? That's pretty cool of you.

Ark

bengraven said:
You're cleaning up the backup for the download? That's pretty cool of you.

Well, I'm not, but Toki is :p

It only makes sense to be honest. The current server file size is like 700mb+ right now, ideally it should be somewhere around 500mb, so we'll have to see what happens :)

Glasswork

upandaway said:
I think the "no" seed gave me a really big desert the other day. Wait a sec I'll grab a pic.

p9VO5.png

(looks to be roughly the size of those 3 deserts together, sheesh)

And I notice there's another desert starting on the bottom left too. I don't need so much sand man!
The spawn is in the grass on the bottom left.

Holy crap, you're right, this desert is massive o_o
Thanks a ton!

Wool

PsychoRaven said:
No you get the full game and all important updates. If they release new content in the future after you won't get that unless you bought in Alpha. Those purchasers get all future content like that as well as the updates.

Can you provide a link for this? I got the game about 2 weeks after it switched to beta, but I thought it said that I would get everything from then on. I didn't mind paying the ~$5 more, but if I paid more and got less content that would be some bullshit.

BooJoh

rdelaney said:
Can you provide a link for this? I got the game about 2 weeks after it switched to beta, but I thought it said that I would get everything from then on. I didn't mind paying the ~$5 more, but if I paid more and got less content that would be some bullshit.
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010

You will get all updates, up to and including the full release version. After that, you will still get bugfix updates, but if they release any paid "expansion" type releases, you may have to buy those if you want their content.

Blizzard

Banned
Notch seems to have a weird fixation on mushrooms lately. >_> <_< Millionaire mushroom habit??? I mean, everyone says they look terrible!

I actually didn't think some of the recent giant mushroom pictures looked bad, though. I just want awesome performance AND giant mushrooms.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
BooJoh said:
http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2175441966/minecraft-beta-december-20-2010

You will get all updates, up to and including the full release version. After that, you will still get bugfix updates, but if they release any paid "expansion" type releases, you may have to buy those if you want their content.

This is the reason I bought it in alpha. I love this game, and it's nice knowing that no matter what changes or is patched or what expansions come out I am paid up and good to go. Game of the major Forever...

Toppot

Mengy said:
This is the reason I bought it in alpha. I love this game, and it's nice knowing that no matter what changes or is patched or what expansions come out I am paid up and good to go. Game of the major Forever...
I thought I got it in beta but it seems I got it in Alpha =D phew, thats a very small weight off my shoulders =P

Ark

Glasswork said:
Holy crap, you're right, this desert is massive o_o
Thanks a ton!

That river going through the desert...

Could you imagine Al-Medina in that desert? Hhhhhnnnnnggggg.

If anyone wants a good world for underwater buidling, using Ry'leh as a seed puts you on a small island with literally no other landmass in site. Only problem is you need to swim fairly far to get any wood.

And yes I'm aware I've spelt that wrong, glad I did though!

Glasswork

Toppot said:
Since I need around 53,000 blocks of sand for my next big project I am very much for having a huge dessert next to spawn =D
First, what the hell are you building with (edit:)80k blocks of sand? &#65288;&#12288;´_&#12445;`&#65289;
Second, MY BABY WILL NOT BE DUG UP AND MINED ;A;

Blizzard

Banned
Toppot said:
Since I need around 80,000 blocks of sand for my next big project I am very much for having a huge dessert next to spawn =D
paris_food_04.jpg

Is the Neocraft server much for exploration, or just about good map layout? I guess if you use a seed someone already explored that takes away from some of the surprise, but if it's a random one it could be a BAD random one.

Top Bottom