• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

ElRenoRaven

Verdre said:
Yes, but there will be an awkward transition from the 1.7 chunks and the 1.8 chunks. Sheer cliffs and the water appears to be 1 block higher now.

To be specific the 1.7 chunk's water level is 1 block higher. The 1.8 chunks water levels are 1 block lower.

kodt

Banned
riskVSreward said:
I've seen Endermen all over the place. Still no villages or abandoned mines.

I haven't seen a village yet, but I found and abandoned mine and have been exploring it for over 5 hours. This thing is huge. It is also cut in half by a ravine.

Well... Broke my 2nd pair of shears flying around Neocraft, shearing every sheep I saw. I think I'm done with Neocraft until it updates... No one to talk to :(

bengraven

ArtistDude88 said:
Well... Broke my 2nd pair of shears flying around Neocraft, shearing every sheep I saw. I think I'm done with Neocraft until it updates... No one to talk to :(

Weird. I keep talking to you guys and no one answers.

I'm like "haha, what's up spuit, Roche? Jhriad? Whatcha doing Artistdude? Nice house Mengy! Henry, can I get some more help with pistons? Henry? Hey Ark, you so younnnng. Hello?"

And then my wife is like "oh, what's that?" "that's an Endermen" "oh creepy...why are you typing and nothing is happening?".

I don't know...I think everyone is gone.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
bengraven said:
Weird. I keep talking to you guys and no one answers.

I'm like "haha, what's up spuit, Roche? Jhriad? Whatcha doing Artistdude? Nice house Mengy! Henry, can I get some more help with pistons? Henry? Hey Ark, you so younnnng. Hello?"

And then my wife is like "oh, what's that?" "that's an Endermen" "oh creepy...why are you typing and nothing is happening?".

I don't know...I think everyone is gone.

LOL, I can't play on Neocraft now, I'm at 1.8 and Neocraft isn't!

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Is Ark's server updated yet? I keep getting an end of stream error.

Mengy

Ranger X said:
Wait, Neocraft is 1.8.1 now??

/beaten by Mengy

No,no, thats what I'm saying, I'm at the latest patch and Neocraft is still at 1.7.3. So I can't play on the server until it gets up to date, most likely when bukkit is updated.

limlark

I have found the coolest thing:

Riqpvh.jpg

A hermit, with a house full of bookshelves.

bengraven

ArtistDude88 said:
Lol, ben :p

Yeah, I haven't updated yet, so I have had the server all to myseeelf

I think a lot of us are going to be forced to downgrade for the fireworks show the day Bukkit is finally updated.

We're getting stacks and stacks of TNT to blow the entire world up. After Ark takes a copy of the world and saves it permanently.

I want to help Ju Ju destroy the Deathstar.

SumGamer

I'm still playing in the world created from 1.6x. Will I be able to find a village? It doesn't tell me that it required convert or something like that though.

guest1321

SumGamer said:
I'm still playing in the world created from 1.6x. Will I be able to find a village? It doesn't tell me that it required convert or something like that though.
Only on the new chunks will it generate terrain that will have villages. If you look a couple posts up someone explained how the water level is slightly different and the terrain of the newly generated chunks will be obviously different at the transition.

EDIT: is it just me or this there a large absence of Ark posting of this thread?

mcrae

Maxrpg said:
Patch 1.8.1 Exploration series

"The MineShaft of Doom"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwQIyVBwpco

commentary by yours truly and my lovely companion Damieri!

Check out mineshafts, silly comments, and 720p goodness.

(complete with indiana jones)!

for the first minute you're walking back and forth

and it sounds like your friend is just in it because you're making her. no back and forth, just her as a bystander and you not sure what to say. now you're catching me up but by this time im bored. oh, she found iron. awesome.

sry :(

Ashodin

mcrae said:
for the first minute you're walking back and forth

and it sounds like your friend is just in it because you're making her. no back and forth, just her as a bystander and you not sure what to say. now you're catching me up but by this time im bored. oh, she found iron. awesome.

sry :(
it gets better. and you must have an attention span of 2 seconds, lol. :p

mcrae

Maxrpg said:
it gets better. and you must have an attention span of 2 seconds, lol. :p

for random youtube videos its about 1 minute....and the only reason i lasted that long is because i kept picturing your minecraft song video and chuckling. THAT kept me interested cause i wanted to see what scenes/lyrics you came up with. this vid appeared to be more of the same, wasnt engaging, aka boring

Ashodin

mcrae said:
for random youtube videos its about 1 minute
It's much better after that first minute.

.and the only reason i lasted that long is because i kept picturing your minecraft song video and chuckling. THAT kept me interested cause i wanted to see what scenes/lyrics you came up with. this vid appeared to be more of the same, wasnt engaging, aka boring
It's obvious that the video was meant for more of the type who like to watch people play minecraft and say silly things.

I'll be sure you let you know when I do another music video to suit your tastes :)

So I've built a Chicken Crusher for all of my excess eggs from all the farming. Will probably build a fancier version on neocraft.

So you throw all of your eggs in this box to spawn the chickens.

zndGq.jpg

The chickens wander around until they fall in the hole in the center.

jA4bc.jpg

Where they can't escape.....

bZYdH.png

Then with a flick of the switch they are all executed, simultaneously screeching their final cries with one voice.

XrJPB.jpg

Then all you have to do is collect their tasty carcasses. They will also drop eggs while in this contraption, so there will be more chickens to be harvested.

KCzxA.png

Mirk

AngryChinchilla said:
So I've built a Chicken Crusher for all of my excess eggs from all the farming. Will probably build a fancier version on neocraft.

So you throw all of your eggs in this box to spawn the chickens.

The chickens wander around until they fall in the hole in the center.

Where they can't escape.....

Then with a flick of the switch they are all executed, simultaneously screeching their final cries with one voice.

Then all you have to do is collect their tasty carcasses. They will also drop eggs while in this contraption, so there will be more chickens to be harvested.

Awesome!

Orgun

Day 3

Man, I have Deus Ex, Witcher 2, Space Marine and about 50 other games to play but all I can think about is how to expand my fortress and where to go exploring next. :) The addiction has definitely set back in

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
I've yet to see an Enderman go crazy when I look at them online. Is this bugged? Only works offline?

Drazgul

NihonTiger90 said:
Chin, Colonel Sanders would be proud of your work.

I dunno, it would seem a fully automated slaughterhouse would make for a finer monument of fowl murder. Would need a mod that'd make the eggs hatch on their own, I guess.

upandaway

Even offline Enderman seem a little too easy to avoid. They can't really be terrifying when the only way for you to piss them off is to do it on purpose.

Glasswork

I HAVE FOUND MY NEW HOME
Seed: Nomad
2 huge deserts connected by a small swamp biome, you spawn on the eastern end of the big desert, by the forest biome, the terrain is a mix of slightly hilly and smooth plains, with small ponds and a river in both deserts.
It's PERFECT for my Arabian city project, the swamp can be turned into some sort of Venice-esque garden area, representing Paradise (Jannah) which is said to be a lush garden with rivers and streams in all directions :]
buchBl.jpg

Perfection!

edit: welp, giant image, fixed ( ´_ゝ`), also, what the hell did imgur do to my image?

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Glasswork said:
Another desert :eek:
Question: is it possible for me to edit the forest biomes into more deserts?

Manually make them deserts by putting sand there :eek:

Mengy

Glasswork said:
Like, by hand?

( ´_ゝ`)

Is there a program that can help me with that?

Aww just do it all by hand in-game. Much more fun and rewarding than with an external program. I actually enjoy terraforming biomes in game, sometimes I enjoy it more than actually making buildings. I've created nether craters, I've turned small forests into petrified forests by replacing all of the trees with clean stone trees, I've created swamps (before they were an actual biome), I've built volcanos and mountains, I've leveled mountains, I've made deep ravines before they were a feature. But then, I actually enjoy playing the game, not just using it as a virtual Lego program with map hacks and flying and utility programs. I know I'm in the minority though...

upandaway

Glasswork said:
Another desert :eek:
Question: is it possible for me to edit the forest biomes into more deserts?
14bFXl.jpg
I think the "no" seed gave me a really big desert the other day. Wait a sec I'll grab a pic.

p9VO5.png

(looks to be roughly the size of those 3 deserts together, sheesh)

And I notice there's another desert starting on the bottom left too. I don't need so much sand man!
The spawn is in the grass on the bottom left.

bengraven

Hylian7 said:
I actually like weird mob ideas like this. Creepers and Endermen are weird mob ideas.

Yep, both are very clever. I like the clever mobs. I like the classic monsters, but I also like the original ideas.

Top Bottom