• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Glasswork

DrBo42 said:
What are you using to do this?

Edit: I guess the better way to ask is how are you guys conceptualizing large builds? Are there any tools out there for such?
1.8 has creative mode, although there are other programs around for more city-planning types rather then details.

bengraven

Found this on Reddit:

F3L9t.png

upandaway said:
But random buried treasure chests by themselves would just be tedious. What if for each treasure chest there would be a map somewhere in a stronghold pointing out its location?

Well the game could also use a metal detector.

Toppot

Takuya said:
It probably defeats the purpose, but you can always just attack one block chandeliers to the glass.
Yeah it would defeat the purpose a bit, I want it to be a big see through structure.
DrBo42 said:
What are you using to do this?

Edit: I guess the better way to ask is how are you guys conceptualizing large builds? Are there any tools out there for such?
For spheres and domes (You just do half a sphere) I use this
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/26469-perfect-spheres-blueprints-inside/

It has all the blueprints and I used it to make the water dome on neocraft. My new project is just a dome cut into quarters, spread far apart and then joined together.

For the model i made I just used normal creative mode and a 16 wide sphere blueprint.

bengraven said:
There are only three things I want added and this is one of them.

1) fossils, sea shells, plants, like Mik says as well as buried treasure chests.

2) randomized gear/items dropped by mobs or found in treasure chests, ala Diablo...a bit of D2 influence in Minecraft would destroy my wife

3) ambient animals - tiny fish in the sea, birds even just in the sky, tiny dots around rotten flesh which are supposed to be flies...

I love all these ideas, especially the ambient animals. It would really make the world feel more alive.

HappyBivouac said:
BURIED TREASURE MAPS ALA WIND WAKER

OMG

SOMEONE CALL NOTCH

Those maps were in other chests most of the time, haha. Awesome name, btw. I love the Pillows.

Mirk

So a few of us took over a NPC village on my server.

2011-09-17_16.30.45.png

Thous of you that play on it and want to check it out the coordinates are X -190 Z -780

Toppot

limlark said:
Well yeah, he does. I was just asking if it was okay to share the address with him.
I think it's ok to, just PM Ark and ask and give him the friends minecraft name. As far as I know its ok but you have to vouch for the person, so if they start griefing etc it reflects badly on you and you may not be allowed to share the address again.

Venfayth

Toppot, replace a few glass blocks with glowstone, it accomplishes the same purpose as placing torches on glass, and I think it looks awesome.

That's what I would do, anyway :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
upandaway said:
But random buried treasure chests by themselves would just be tedious. What if for each treasure chest there would be a map somewhere in a stronghold pointing out its location?
You could do it a number of ways. You could have maps that have them. You could also make a cracked dirt block, that shows up above buried chests.

Enco

Mirk said:

http://webpages.charter.net/head2182/2011-09-17_16.30.45.png[/IMG ]

Thous of you that play on it and want to check it out the coordinates are X -190 Z -780[/QUOTE]
Imagine moving into a village like that and having NPCs that hand out randomly generated quests. Obviously would be simple things like fetching stuff but it would make the game 100x better and would give a great reason to explore.

DO IT NOTCH!

Toppot

Acullis said:
Toppot, replace a few glass blocks with glowstone, it accomplishes the same purpose as placing torches on glass, and I think it looks awesome.

That's what I would do, anyway :)
Thanks =] It has crossed my mind, along with placing torches ontop of blocks under the roof (Was hoping to do it with glass but you can't even put them ontop of glass xD) But I wanna keep it mainly glass and see through rather than glow stone placed about, though i may try it on my model just to see. I might make a glowstone dome though, was one of my plans for a building, it would just be a pain to get the 20,000 need for a 64 high dome.

Enco said:
Imagine moving into a village like that and having NPCs that hand out randomly generated quests. Obviously would be simple things like fetching stuff but it would make the game 100x better and would give a great reason to explore.

DO IT NOTCH!
I think that's his plan, actually. Last I heard.

Enco

Togglesworlh said:
I think that's his plan, actually. Last I heard.
That would easily make this game one of the most replayable ones out there.

Different worlds, different people and different quests each time you play.

Ark

Mirk said:

2011-09-17_16.30.45.png

Thous of you that play on it and want to check it out the coordinates are X -190 Z -780

You know, I could upload this map to Multiplay when the recommended Bukkit build is out.

That's so awesome looking though, simple but effective :)

------

Regarding NeoCraft Citizenship:

If you've PM'ed me within the last week or so, I haven't added you yet, and probably wont do so until the server is updated to 1.8.

Grinchy

Banned
Ark said:
Ok guys, I'm REALLY sorry I haven't been posting much or updating in regards to the server.

At the moment, we're still waiting for the Bukkit team to release a recommended build so the server can be updated along with Bukkit, when said build is out, I will backup the map, invite people to blow shit up if they so wish, and then update the server.

As well as uploading the final, trimmed backup for public download \o/
Thanks! You guys do an awesome job of keeping this server maintained. I feel like my first time seeing most of the shit on the server will be when I play it in single player. Whenever I was online I was so involved in building whatever I was building that I didn't explore enough.

spuit*11

Banned
Look who I ran into in our newly fortified village.

It's our old friend Mr. Spiderjockey.

2011-09-18_01.06.57lf6n.jpg

Needless to say, scenes of pants-shitting terror ensued.

Jasoco

Banned
The new terrain generation is awesome. Especially ravines under water. There's one in my personal server world that I can see lava in from above ground on an island. It's so cool looking into the water and seeing glowing light from underwater caves with lava or torches in mineshafts. Now that oceans are so much more fun, I really wish we had better damn boats. At least better controlling for the current ones. They should rip off the controls for the jeep from Halo or something. The car would always steer towards your view point while holding forward so you'd always end up driving towards your focus but the car would turn around to aim that way first.

Also, found this guy just chilling on my new island...
jbqhynkdT2rJyc.PNG

I assume he will never move or disappear until they change things. So I might have to build around him. Hate to bother him.

Xun

Ok Minecraft isn't logging it at all, any ideas as to why?

It's really annoying me. :(

Edit: Mac user if that helps at all.

nataku

Enco said:

DO IT NOTCH!

Honestly, I'd really like to see survival mode actually take after it's name and have it more difficult to survive on the surface. Once you get something built there is no real danger unless you go exploring underground.

It'd be neat if once you got a little village/town built with NPCs you actually had to protect them and ensure they survive or something. If you built a town without NPCs they would migrate from nearby villages to live under your protection or something.

Qwomo

Xun said:
Ok Minecraft isn't logging it at all, any ideas as to why?

It's really annoying me. :(

Edit: Mac user if that helps at all.
If you're getting "login failed", delete all your minecraft files and .exe and redownload the .exe. You're probably using the old launcher.

Xun

Ark said:
o/

No idea, Minecraft.net might be down again.
It hasn't worked for me the past few days annoyingly.

Qwomo said:
If you're getting "login failed", delete all your minecraft files and .exe and redownload the .exe. You're probably using the old launcher.
Ok will do.

Kuran

Banned
If 1.9 will be the real adventure update, will that version almost certainly be released at the end of November? Or is that another update?

wwm0nkey

Ok with 1.8 this is the first time I actually found a dungeon. Do they usually have wooden gates and cart tracks all over the place?

Top Bottom