• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

fresquito

When I go to single player there's a hardcore mode world called The End. When I enter I appear in a regular world with a seed in hand? WTF?! xD

Cipherr

Game looks neat, but it seems like a bad bad idea for people with really sticky tendencies so I'm going to stay away.

Great idea for a game though.

Damn you guys are harsh with a capital H. I watched most of the conference and I personally thought it was fun to see the guys behind Minecraft. Sure it wasn't polished, slick or professional but then they are independent developers.

Alas though I cannot update minecraft just yet since that would mean no access to the GAF server.

Jasoco

Banned
CharmingCharlie said:
Damn you guys are harsh with a capital H. I watched most of the conference and I personally thought it was fun to see the guys behind Minecraft. Sure it wasn't polished, slick or professional but then they are independent developers.

Alas though I cannot update minecraft just yet since that would mean no access to the GAF server.
Just keep a backup of your current Jar and swap them out when you want to play on the server.

Ark

FYI --> Minecraft 1.0 Vanilla is available for me to update on the server, so I can do that if you want, but there will be no plugins.

Failing that, I guess we'll face the obligatory wait for the plugins to be updated.

FYI --> Minecraft 1.0 Vanilla is available for me to update on the server, so I can do that if you want, but there will be no plugins.

Well I would be lying if I said part of me wasn't screaming "yes yes yes update update update now", if only so I can sit back and watch how impotent the endermen are now. However I understand one or two users are having problems with Minecraft 1.0 (oh surprise surprise). I think it was Xun that came on last night saying he had tried the update and the graphics are corrupted. So if the server is updated then people such as Xun won't be able to play (and we will never see his castle built).

I don't know what mods Neocraft uses on the server but I imagine one of the mods is the creeper nerfing ? for that alone I would say wait. I mean can you imagine how much devastation the creepers will cause ? So I favour waiting till all the stuff is ready and hopefully by then those having issues with this release will have solved them.

I don't know if anyone is interested in this but I will post it. There have been a few xbox 360 screenies of the crafting mechanism :-

Minecraft-Xbox-360-Screenshot-12.jpg

Yep first there was "auto aim" but now a new innovation is upon us called "auto craft". The next step will be "auto play the whole game". I am joking of course, I always wondered what they would do with crafting in the console version since it is not a mechanic you would want to use must with an analogue stick.

Anyway more screenies of the xbox version can be found here :-

http://gamerant.com/minecraft-xbox-360-trailer-screenshots-robk-117308/

Xun

Well I would be lying if I said part of me wasn't screaming "yes yes yes update update update now", if only so I can sit back and watch how impotent the endermen are now. However I understand one or two users are having problems with Minecraft 1.0 (oh surprise surprise). I think it was Xun that came on last night saying he had tried the update and the graphics are corrupted. So if the server is updated then people such as Xun won't be able to play (and we will never see his castle built).

I don't know what mods Neocraft uses on the server but I imagine one of the mods is the creeper nerfing ? for that alone I would say wait. I mean can you imagine how much devastation the creepers will cause ? So I favour waiting till all the stuff is ready and hopefully by then those having issues with this release will have solved them.
I'm going to delete Minecraft then try again.

Hopefully it won't be so buggy.

Edit: Nope, still the same:

NkB61.png

8leGT.png

It's an issue with the biomes, and it's worth noting I have no issues when I go back to 1.8.

Segnit

Banned
I have the same 'problem' that Xun describes. I didn't think anything of it until I came into this thread. Is that a problem?

Ranger X

I have the same 'problem' that Xun describes. I didn't think anything of it until I came into this thread. Is that a problem?

What exactly is the problem? You don't get the right grass colors at the right place? Each biome now is having a different grass, trees and wood color. If its what you're denoting, it's normal.

I've got a biome problem since updating to 1.0

My fort that previously had large no-weather spots (IE it would be raining but this section had entire chunks with no weather at all) is now snowing.

I'd like to either extend the snow biome to cover the whole fort or change it to a rain biome.

Is this possible?

It looks wacky as it is now. Half the fort covered in rain, the other in a blizzard.

spuit*11

Banned
The whole thing is incredibly awkward and cringe-inducing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't done like that on purpose which makes it that much more embarrassing.

Roche

The whole thing is incredibly awkward and cringe-inducing. I'm pretty sure it wasn't done like that on purpose which makes it that much more embarrassing.

Yeah I agree though it's understandable, Notch has never been the too comfortable in the public eye.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Just updated to 1.0, woot! Unfortunately, I am going to play Skyrim instead for now. Tomorrow I'm gonna start a whole new single player world for Minecraft 1.0 and play it for a few hours, but for now I have some quests to work on.

Skyrim sure has its talons into me...

Looking forward to Neocraft updating to 1.0 when the plugins get up to snuff. So when the server updates to 1.0 are we allowed to go out exploring and building away from Pioneer Town? I'd love to start some real playing with the exploration shackles taken off...

Has there been any info in the latest interviews about possible future plans for Minecraft? I'm curious as to the future of Minecraft and I'd love to hear.

Xun

What exactly is the problem? You don't get the right grass colors at the right place? Each biome now is having a different grass, trees and wood color. If its what you're denoting, it's normal.
I posted some screenshots of the problem.

Water seems to fuck up with different shades of blue, along with the biomes not merging properly.

It's definitely not normal.

Blizzard

Banned

Water seems to fuck up with different shades of blue, along with the biomes not merging properly.

Water has a different shade in swamp biomes, correct? Are you sure it's not that? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

Atomski

No its normal.. when water gets deep it turns to a different biome I believe. I see the exact same thing and never saw it as a bug.. pretty sure everyone sees it.

So is there still no interactions with the villagers? kinda pointless..

Onemic

Water has a different shade in swamp biomes, correct? Are you sure it's not that? I couldn't tell from the pictures.

It does, but it doesn't merge well with regular water. It goes from swamp water directly into normal blueish water.

From what I'm getting in the minecraft forum, 1.0 is pretty much RC2 with 1.0 slapped on.

Ranger X

Heehee I've got a huge sustainable farm going as well.

Do the fences count as one block high now? They were 1.2 before and therefore no animal or mob could jump over them...

EDIT: Are snow biomes supposed to be back? I didn't see one just yet and I get the snow biome trees in a normal forest looking one...

Chuckpebble

Do the fences count as one block high now? They were 1.2 before and therefore no animal or mob could jump over them...

EDIT: Are snow biomes supposed to be back? I didn't see one just yet and I get the snow biome trees in a normal forest looking one...

They're back. I just started a hardcore mode smack in the middle of one. If you're interested in seeing one real quick, my seed was:

Wilt Chamberlin

For some reason MST3K the movie popped in my head when I was trying to think of a seed.

Vlad

The thing to keep in mind is that biomes are huge now. It gives a great sense of scale, but it does make finding an individual biome harder, and crossing them take a while.

I started a new world for 1.0, and spawned on a tiny island with a single tree, with water as far as the eye could see. After getting fed up with waiting for trees to grow, I decided to set out for larger land masses. It took almost two full in-game days of solid boating to see ANY land.

They're back. I just started a hardcore mode smack in the middle of one. If you're interested in seeing one real quick, my seed was:

Wilt Chamberlin

For some reason MST3K the movie popped in my head when I was trying to think of a seed.
Hey I started a hardcore world as well, also in a snow biome! I've found snow biomes to be the most interesting to live in mainly due to the snow/ice mechanics. My seed was skyrim.

What's happening with Ark's server? Waiting for mods to be updated?

qq more

Yes, in fact, my friend started a new map and most of the world is a giant tundra.

I've got a biome problem since updating to 1.0

My fort that previously had large no-weather spots (IE it would be raining but this section had entire chunks with no weather at all) is now snowing.

I'd like to either extend the snow biome to cover the whole fort or change it to a rain biome.

Is this possible?

It looks wacky as it is now. Half the fort covered in rain, the other in a blizzard.

Anyone know if this is possible?

If I can't change the biomes I'm going to have to build a glass roof over the fort or something. Half rain and half snow is just silly.

Blizzard

Banned
The thing to keep in mind is that biomes are huge now. It gives a great sense of scale, but it does make finding an individual biome harder, and crossing them take a while.

I started a new world for 1.0, and spawned on a tiny island with a single tree, with water as far as the eye could see. After getting fed up with waiting for trees to grow, I decided to set out for larger land masses. It took almost two full in-game days of solid boating to see ANY land.
That island actually sounds kind of cool. Do you know what seed your world uses?

trinest

Not sure, they have sort of jumped ontop of the fence at time but they never jumped over it.

Segnit

Banned

HnnkQ.jpg

Like I said I didn't think much of it. If it is a bug then a fix would be nice, but I'm not bothered either way.

tborsje

HnnkQ.jpg

Like I said I didn't think much of it. If it is a bug then a fix would be nice, but I'm not bothered either way.

Not a bug, some of the water is in the desert biome, some is in the swamp biome. The swamp biome has that greenish water, it's intentional.

Top Bottom