• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

I like how the different foods keep you fuller longer, too. Sure, you can live entirely off of melons, but you'll be hungry sooner than you would be if you were eating the more "filling" stuff like meat.
And yet, annoyingly, my attempts to have a pig farm near my house in the SMP server I play on only resulted in the pigs slowly vanishing until none were left. :E

MackVee

Neo Member
It now takes 8 minutes to reach level 50.

By the way for anyone who has some spare time on the server it would be useful to increase the size of the ender farm. I recon between 6-8 more spawning pads could be added to it and it will at least double, maybe triple the time it takes to get to level 50. All the tutorial videos say it should take 5 mins to get to level 50. My experience so far is that it takes 20 minutes of on and off enderman slaughtering to get that far.

Grinchy

Banned
I converted Neocraft (the old one) into a creative world today. I wanted to be able to fly around in it, so that's what I did. People made some crazy stuff that I never even got to see.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I converted Neocraft (the old one) into a creative world today. I wanted to be able to fly around in it, so that's what I did. People made some crazy stuff that I never even got to see.

How do you convert a world to creative? I still run around the old server map to go sightseeing sometimes, doing it in creative would be far easier, lol.

Yep, I did something I said I would never do. Purchased a stupid fucking avatar item:

P2wuq.png

bengraven

mzaQx.jpg

haha, I found my Mount Jar Jar picture. I miss that old spawn, but I screwed it up by using World Edit and lost the ability to create new chunks.

LOL I did that too a couple weeks ago. We at first spawn far from civilization and a train system, so I wanted to just fly to spawn asap.

Goron2000

best junior ever
Would it be possible to be able to build in the survival server please? Would love to help you guys out. my username is: Goron2000

I might not be in the right server, could someone please pm me the ip of the server everyone else is using?

-Minsc-

Would it be possible to be able to build in the survival server please? Would love to help you guys out. my username is: Goron2000

I might not be in the right server, could someone please pm me the ip of the server everyone else is using?

I believe, the third post on the first page of this thread for the server address. To get whitelisted, send Ark a message with your Minecraft username.

That should answer your questions.

bengraven

Matching your avatar is actually pretty cool. lol

I've been sitting on a plot in Charlie Dome for over a week now, probably two and I think I finally decided what I was going to make.

First I was going to make a fake Nether, but it's so nice up in the domes.

I think I'm going to make a little Dutch style farm...with a windmill of course.

-Minsc-

Can someone throw up the link to the old Neocraft map please? Don't wanna trawl through the thread to find it. Cheers guys.
Is there an overhead view of the map up somewhere like the one we have for the current map? Having not played on the original server I find it a little hard to navigate.

Is there an overhead view of the map up somewhere like the one we have for the current map? Having not played on the original server I find it a little hard to navigate.

Since you have the actual map you should be able to download a program to make one with the file.

Thanks but I'm getting this message whenever I click the link:

"FileServe can only be used to download and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally."

So I don't think I can download it from there I'm afraid.

I have a copy of the old world map here. I am in the process of uploading it to my dropbox but it is going to take a few hours I only have 40k/sec upload speeds.

I have a copy of the old world map here. I am in the process of uploading it to my dropbox but it is going to take a few hours I only have 40k/sec upload speeds.

That's awesome man. Much appreciated. You should start seeing me more on minecraft as well. Recent workloads and all that rubbish have stopped me from finishing my house in skycity, let alone building the villa I have planned. Can't wait to sink a decent amount of time back into this game.

Sorry for kind of abandoning the server guys.

Between my SP world and the Path of Exile Beta, havent really played nothing else. :)

With Diablo 3 coming I dont see me coming back so soon :p

well that took a wee bit longer than I expected. The old Necraft world is now on my dropbox, the link is :-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18837300/world.zip

Just download that and unzip it to your minecraft savegames folder. When you first try to enter this world it will have to convert it to the new Anvil file system which will take a few minutes.

Never actually seen the old world. Might have to download this and take a look around.

Roche

well that took a wee bit longer than I expected. The old Necraft world is now on my dropbox, the link is :-

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18837300/world.zip

Just download that and unzip it to your minecraft savegames folder. When you first try to enter this world it will have to convert it to the new Anvil file system which will take a few minutes.

I set up the old world and I'm running around, only to realize I have no idea where anything is in relation to anything else. I'm stuck in the crazy spawn area lol

-Minsc-

I stick with the default textures. There's a high-res pack numerous people on here use, starts with an "s" I believe. They'll fill you in.

defel

Ok so I'm new to Minecraft.

Can someone recommend the best looking most detailed texture pack?

The high detailed ones dont look good in my opinion. I like Sphax, Faithful 32x32 and the OcD texture pack. Tbh though the default texture pack is best. Ill always come back to that.

Ranger X

Tested snapshot 12w19a. There's now LAG in singleplayer due to the new system. I'm not talking about low framerates. What I mean is that, playing Minecraft SSP now feels like you're on a laggy server. Totally unacceptable and a major facepalm.

I'm sticking with 12w17a until the issue is fixed. I hope it will be, some day.

Damn, this is really bad. Killing ennemies even on the fastest servers is unfun unless its with a bow. Way to kill the game. And wich new system we are talking about here?

defel

Its a snapshot and a snapshot which Mojang have themselves said is incredibly unstable. I wouldnt read anything into it.

Grinchy

Banned
A couple random pictures from flying around on old Neocraft. I really need to make a map so I can find my way around, but it is fun finding random shit in the middle of nowhere.

Booty Bay:

Huge Tree:

Ark

Ahhh I have fond memories of BootyBay, I miss all the awesome community projects we had on the old map. That tree was Mirk's too I think.

You should grab some pictures of Arkyoto if you can :)

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah as soon as I find my way around, I'll take a ton of pics. Also, I need to get some school work done. I have 2 exams coming up so I'm "trying" not to spend my time badly (yet here I am on GAF).

The high detailed ones dont look good in my opinion. I like Sphax, Faithful 32x32 and the OcD texture pack. Tbh though the default texture pack is best. Ill always come back to that.

I must disagree, default is basically an assault upon my eyes.

As for texture packs, I like John Smith(32x) Jolicraft(16x).

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Any chance of getting a map of the current server updated?

Actually, I tried three times this weekend to create a new map of the server, but tectonicus crashed after a few hours every time. I did a little research Sunday morning and found out that a lot of people are having issues with large maps in the tectonicus software since the update to support anvil maps for Minecraft 1.5. I fear that Neocraft has finally become just large enough to hit this "memory leak" bug. I tried it on my largest SSP world (which is only 120MB) and it works just fine. I tried it on a backup of Neocraft from two weeks ago, and it created the map just fine. But when I try it on the latest Neocraft backup, crashes every time.

I'm gonna look into getting Overviewer to work again. It makes a map of Neocraft just fine, but the file size is still too large for dropbox. I'm going to try to find a way to get that file size down so I can upload it. The map will be different than we are used to, but it will be a map we can create and use at least.

Mengy, if you need more space for Dropbox then it looks like there are quite a few methods to get extra. A quick search on Google led me to this article: http://lifehacker.com/5796318/the-cheapskates-guide-to-getting-free-dropbox-space

A good way would be via your referral link; this provides 250MB extra per person. If you post the link on here then I'll use it because I haven't bothered setting up an account yet. I'm sure there would be a few others on this thread who would be willing if it gets you enough space for Overviewer.

Dineren

Banned
All the XBLA minecraft talk has got me curious. Are there any plans to revamp the multiplayer in the PC version? Seems odd they haven't at least implemented a server browser or something so we could do away with IP address swapping.

defel

All the XBLA minecraft talk has got me curious. Are there any plans to revamp the multiplayer in the PC version? Seems odd they haven't at least implemented a server browser or something so we could do away with IP address swapping.

The next update is pretty much going to be the SMP update:

Fix for glitchy mob prediction in multiplayer
Large amount of internal changes
Silk Touch will be able to pick up Ice and Glass Panes
Stackable items now stack outside inventory when thrown to the ground individually
Easier item manipulation within inventory
Brewing stands allow use of shift clicking to put items in it
⇧ Shift+clicking can now be used to wear armor
Dispensers can place Minecarts on rails and Boats in water
While in Creative Mode, players can supply a powered minecart with fuel by right clicking it as if they were holding coal
Flying in Creative Mode is no longer affected by water and lava
Commands in Singleplayer
Optional bonus chests placed close to the player when creating a new world
Demo mode playable through non-premium Minecraft.net accounts
Different crafting recipe for books
Added Book and Quill
Ability to write in books (up to 50 pages), save them to edit later, and sign them and title them to finish off the book.
New slabs of the 3 new plank types.
Wood slabs behave as wood, not as stone.
Cocoa Beans drop from jungle tree leaves at the same rate as apples.
Cocoa Plants that generate on the sides of jungle trees, which can be harvested for cocoa.
Cocoa Beans have a new texture.
All multiplayer sounds have been fixed
Fishing lines are now visible in SMP
Hardcore in multiplayer (HMP)
Better chunk loading in SMP
Villagers spawned from spawning eggs will get a random profession.
Wooden tools can be burned in furnaces.
Shift clicking in creative
Singleplayer will be a local server
Wood planks and logs will have proper names (e.g. Spruce Wood, Birch Wood, Oak Wood)
"Large Biomes" world type
Specific names for different sandstone and smooth stone blocks.

It makes a map of Neocraft just fine, but the file size is still too large for dropbox.
What about using an alternative service ? I don't know much about all this "cloud" business but I know dropbox isn't the only one. I think Microsofts Skydrive give you 7gbs to start off with. Then there is "Amazon Cloud" that gives you 5gbs to start with. I have to admit I know nothing about all this so it is just an idea.

next update blurb said:
Singleplayer will be a local server

^ anyone have any idea what that means ?

Rapstah

^ anyone have any idea what that means ?

a singleplayer game will now be a server running on your computer that you connect to yourself. This allows for people connecting to your "SP" world and potentially for splitscreen in the future. It's how the 360 version works. Ideally it's so smoothly done you can't tell from how the game runs that it is in fact running server software in the background.

Top Bottom