• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Minecraft |OT2| Punch Your Way to Your Own World

Vlad

Nah we should be okay for now. Before I was restarting the server myself. I set it up now to restart it self every 3 hours that should prevent it. After looking into it. It seems even removing the mod wont fix the world. We would need to make a new world without the mod for it to be gone completlly and f that noise. So we'll see how this works out.

What's plan B?

Server seems to have gone kaput again.

-Minsc-

Nah we should be okay for now. Before I was restarting the server myself. I set it up now to restart it self every 3 hours that should prevent it. After looking into it. It seems even removing the mod wont fix the world. We would need to make a new world without the mod for it to be gone completlly and f that noise. So we'll see how this works out.

I was doing some quick forum reading. Could it be there are chunks corrupted due to the chunk loaders? If this is the problem it sounds like the less drastic fix is to open the world in a world editor (or use some chunk fix program) to delete the affected chunks. At the very least it would prevent having to reset the entire map.

Edit:

Maybe this will help?

defel

Have to say Im really enjoying single player survival at the moment. Getting a bit of momentum going, getting some more materials, more collection systems set up. Im hoping to get to the end soon but collecting the ender pearls is a pain and I cant find netherwart in the local fortress. Building my whole base out of snow blocks, kinda inspired by Panda4994's survival I saw on youtube.

As much as I'd hate to say it... If getting rid of the chunk loader mod then starting a new world is the solution, I think we should go ahead with it. Maybe we can build an ark like we did with the old GAF server and world edit it over so we don't lose everything? Or not. Now that we've learned to do some stuff we can start over faster and maybe build a better community type area :p

But my thinking is that the server hasn't been around that long, so it's not like we have any huge impressive builds to lose (that I know of). I'd miss Dry's place though ;)

-Minsc-

As much as I'd hate to say it... If getting rid of the chunk loader mod then starting a new world is the solution, I think we should go ahead with it. Maybe we can build an ark like we did with the old GAF server and world edit it over so we don't lose everything? Or not. Now that we've learned to do some stuff we can start over faster and maybe build a better community type area :p

But my thinking is that the server hasn't been around that long, so it's not like we have any huge impressive builds to lose (that I know of). I'd miss Dry's place though ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Right now I'm in my "learning" phase. If we have to start anew it's no big deal. The server is still young so now's the time to do it.

789shadow

Banned
Just saw the social zombies, and I don't know how it works, but still:

Mojang, MINECRAFT COMBAT SUCKS, improve it before making enemies harder please.

Vlad

Okay!! I think I got this fixed now no leak warnings in the logs now so lets see how long this works. xD

Hmm, seems to be down at the moment. When the server finally came up yesterday, my internet crapped out. My internet finally came back up today, and the server's down..

It's like the universe is trying to tell me something...

EDTI: Never mind... forgot that Verizon, in their troubleshooting genius, had me reset my router to its default config. All's well again.

Stat!

Lost my MFE to a wrench, and my mining turtle somehow reverted back to a normal turtle and has lost its name, programs, and its diamond pick.

And I somehow went from 20 cows to 3 cows. Cows escaping everywhere man.

-Minsc-

Lost my MFE to a wrench, and my mining turtle somehow reverted back to a normal turtle and has lost its name, programs, and its diamond pick.

And I somehow went from 20 cows to 3 cows. Cows escaping everywhere man.

The electric wrench is your friend. :)

Sarcasm

The combat in this game is terrible lol!

Load into nether to see for a few short seconds 2 creepers and 5 angry zombies (and a sheep!).

So I lose more than half my shit cause I decided to go into the nether which had mobs not suppose to be there?

Hop

That girl in the bunny hat
So I lose more than half my shit cause I decided to go into the nether which had mobs not suppose to be there?

Okay. So if you build a nether portal, and it's just chillin' around activated, anything that goes into the portal goes into the nether. It doesn't do anything while it's there, because the nether isn't loaded, but it's there. So if you build a portal, leave it active, and it's somewhere that mobs can get to it... they're gonna stumble in. That's all that happened.

3phemeral

My partner and I just got into the PC version of Minecraft thanks to my nephew, but we're trying to install the Ars Magika mod on it and play via LAN multiplayer to no avail. It seems that so long as both parties have the mod installed, the mod should function fine with LAN; however, they never show up on my LAN connection even though they do normally without the mod installed. I can connect using a direct IP address and we can create rune stones and share them with each other, but shortly thereafter, the connection fails. Uninstalling the mod restores LAN, so it's either mod-related or it's something to do with how ForgeModLoader operates. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Ranger X

Forgot to mention it was just made -.-

But still the combat is horrible lol

Yeah well, the game doesn't focus on combat much. Its just one of the many things you can do afterall. The more things to do, the less deep each is.
Still I fight mobs constantly in Minecraft. Bow and Arrows = joy.

Woorloog

Banned
I actively monitor your internet activity. >.>

Perhaps i should've said it the other way, how come i always open this thread just after you've posted that NeoCrack crashed, seemingly after something you did.
Still, fun coincidence.

We still aren't getting official stained glass, are we?

Sarcasm

My partner and I just got into the PC version of Minecraft thanks to my nephew, but we're trying to install the Ars Magika mod on it and play via LAN multiplayer to no avail. It seems that so long as both parties have the mod installed, the mod should function fine with LAN; however, they never show up on my LAN connection even though they do normally without the mod installed. I can connect using a direct IP address and we can create rune stones and share them with each other, but shortly thereafter, the connection fails. Uninstalling the mod restores LAN, so it's either mod-related or it's something to do with how ForgeModLoader operates. Does anyone know what the issue could be?

Try running a server with it installed too.

Is there any policy for exploring on the new server? I've got my advanced jetpack now, and I've been scouting for an autumn biome... So far this server just seems like one giant desert with a few spouts of grass or snow here and there :p

But I wanted to ask before I just head off in one direction for an age looking for the autumn biome.

Mirk

Is there any policy for exploring on the new server? I've got my advanced jetpack now, and I've been scouting for an autumn biome... So far this server just seems like one giant desert with a few spouts of grass or snow here and there :p

But I wanted to ask before I just head off in one direction for an age looking for the autumn biome.

Nope have at it. We are only using 13% of the disk space we have. Although Aces will prolly cry about the lag it makes :p

Stat!

Nope have at it. We are only using 13% of the disk space we have. Although Aces will prolly cry about the lag it makes :p

lol I just did. It was brutal. Breaking blocks only for them to reappear right away!

Ack. Lost 64 (or so it seems) iron by picking up an indsutrial electrolyzer with a wrench. All I got back were machine parts :(

Sarcasm

lol I just did. It was brutal. Breaking blocks only for them to reappear right away!

Ack. Lost 64 (or so it seems) iron by picking up an indsutrial electrolyzer with a wrench. All I got back were machine parts :(

Electric Wrench set to lossless is what yea need.

789shadow

Banned
Sooooooooooo I went west in my singleplayer world, across about 3 oceans, and found a forest with PINK sheep.

Can pink sheep even spawn naturally?

I will not give up my search for the holy land of autumn.

Also, don't get your hopes up if you come across a wisp altar thing... Chances are I've looted it already :p

Well ffffffffffffffffffff

I was flying to the autumn biome to finally start setting up shop and saw one of those ziggurat dungeon things with the 3 chests in it on the way... decided to check it out. A skele and zombie spawner was inside. Torched the skele spawner, went to get the zombie one and got stomped by a zombie in armor hiding behind a pillar. I didn't even get to see what was in the chests that I died for.

So I'm trying to hurry my ass out there the only way I can, with my zeppelin. BUT! Something broke and now I can't even open the got-dang furnace to put fuel in it to fly the janky POS. I tried rebinding the furnace key several times to no avail...

RIP adv. jetpack & portal gun #2, I guess.

If someone could check out where I died @ 1927,-4925 on the off chance any of my gear survived, I'd greatly appreciate it....

PS: Charlie, join the friggen mindcrack server already

Vlad

If someone could check out where I died @ 1927,-4925 on the off chance any of my gear survived, I'd greatly appreciate it....

Well, I trekked over there, and I found your gear all right. The zombie certainly seemed to be enjoying it:

GFHazYt.png

I'll stick it in a chest at your place.

Top Bottom